Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Loris Karius (End of Contract)

Read 202303 times
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Re: Loris Karius Player Thread
      Reply #828: Apr 08, 2018 03:33:59 am
      Tied with Lloris with 7 clean sheets this year if I’m not mistaken, and 10/24 in the league. Add to that three consecutive clean sheets in the Champions League, not bad at all.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #829: Apr 11, 2018 04:59:04 pm
      I thought Karius was superbly competent across the whole 180 minutes against Man City. The amount of times he thwarted the Man City cross by comfortably claiming is what you'd expect from a keeper at this level but given our experiences in recent years I realise this isn't something to take for granted.

He got criticised by some for the punch but where else was the ball meant to go? I know there's still a minority of us out there who still stubbornly hold to the line earlier on from the season that he's as bad if not worse than Mignolet but I think we can pour gallons over that hyperbole and set a match to it. He's as much a reason for our defensive solidity in this tie as the defenders ahead of him so fair play to him. Fair play to Jürgen - he took him out of the spotlight after media pressure but unleashed Karius back in goal as a better keeper also knowing full well that VVD would now compliment Loris's talents and vice versa.
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,860 posts | 165 
      Reply #830: Apr 21, 2018 02:50:06 pm
      Poor today, very flappy and why didn't he stay on his line for second goal.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #831: Apr 21, 2018 04:13:33 pm
      Made one very good save today. Was wobbly at times too, however that's definitely to do with a right back who wasn't fit, a left back that's not kicked a ball this year, VVD playing on the wrong side and Klavan looking rusty.

He's been solid with a solid back 4. I'm not thinking doom and gloom with him after one bad game.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #832: Apr 21, 2018 09:27:30 pm
      Made one very good save today. Was wobbly at times too, however that's definitely to do with a right back who wasn't fit, a left back that's not kicked a ball this year, VVD playing on the wrong side and Klavan looking rusty.

He's been solid with a solid back 4. I'm not thinking doom and gloom with him after one bad game.

I don’t even think it was a bad game Mags. He made the best of a sh*t show from 3/4 of the back 4.

We’d have lost with Migs.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #833: Apr 21, 2018 09:41:22 pm
      I don’t even think it was a bad game Mags. He made the best of a sh*t show from 3/4 of the back 4.

I agree mate.

I don't think we'd be in the top 4 if we had Migs in goals.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #834: Apr 22, 2018 08:05:30 am

Mags, Migs: you're playing with my mind this morning :P :D

I think he was average but nothing serious.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #835: Apr 22, 2018 09:32:43 am

I think he was average but nothing serious.

;D - I’m not saying his best game BUT I like the fact he’s coming out and the defenders know that.

They just didn’t show up yesterday twice.......
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #836: Apr 22, 2018 10:07:59 am

One is a 6 foot 3 blonde millionaire.

The other is Simon Mignolet
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #837: Apr 22, 2018 10:12:40 am

To be honest he had very little to do really otherwise
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #838: May 02, 2018 09:54:58 pm
      I want to like you but you keep making it hard for me
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #839: May 02, 2018 10:11:44 pm
      I want to like you but you keep making it hard for me

You're not getting anyone better in the market. The only clear improvement on him would be DeGea or Oblak, and neither are available. We just saw in Allison that he's not any better and definitely not worth the price tag he'd command. He looked very average at Anfield and again tonight, committing early in both Salah's (1st leg) and Mane's (2nd leg) goals. Even Gini's goal is kind of weak.

Other than the Dzeko goal (where it would not have happened if our D had not left him all alone) he performs the way you expect a top goalie to perform.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #840: May 02, 2018 10:14:54 pm
      Klarius was awesome tonight made a couple of mistakes but did you see Bayerns goalie last night or Real's goalie he is fine for me
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #841: May 02, 2018 10:23:19 pm
      Bit Jekyll and Hyde tonight but was good and proactive on claiming the crosses and did more good than harm.

Second goal he'll know next time to push it round the post.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #842: May 02, 2018 10:23:31 pm
      Klarius was awesome tonight made a couple of mistakes but did you see Bayerns goalie last night or Real's goalie he is fine for me

Spot on Walt.

The main thing was that he was committed and helping the defenders.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #843: May 02, 2018 10:24:33 pm
      CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL WHAT AN ACHIEVEMENT
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #844: May 02, 2018 10:33:22 pm
      The errors are becoming more frequent at the moment.

Last week he got lucky that when the ball went through his hands, the bar saved us. Tonight he done a Migs and saved the ball into the danger area, he randomly headed the ball straight to them when he could have caught it.

In among the odd other errors creeping in of late, I'm wondering if he's getting a little bit over confident?

I said earlier in the week I am a supporter of Karius, would like him to be a real success with us. But I also said I'd happily see us go for someone like Oblak, and his performance tonight done little to change that. It seemed for every good save he made tonight, he made an error to counter it.

Mind you, he looked better than Allison and that guy was supposed to be the answer for us. Well, if he's the answer, the question needs reviewing because he was sh*t, even tried taking on Mo at one point out of his box, nearly dropped the ball on the edge of box near Bobby and generally seemed all over the place with his positioning.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #845: May 02, 2018 10:45:53 pm

I appreciate your in great form but to say he was awesome is an overstatement. If he does what he did tonight on May 26 it could or will be tbe difference between being winners and runners up.

And then I suspect the tune will be different. Liability end of
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #846: May 02, 2018 11:13:13 pm
      Spot on Walt.

The main thing was that he was committed and helping the defenders.

Karius went into the quarter and semi-finals against 2 GK's that everyone raves about (Ederson and Allison) and labels as better and indisputably outperformed both. He'll do the same against Navas who was nothing special against Bayern.

Loris is very underrated.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #847: May 02, 2018 11:17:16 pm
      Could he have done better with the shot he parried maybe, coming out and over committing is something he will gauge better with experience.

Overall against a team launching it at every possibility into the box he did well, I dread to imagine Migs in the same situation.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #848: May 02, 2018 11:28:11 pm
      Overall against a team launching it at every possibility into the box he did well, I dread to imagine Migs in the same situation.

We never would have made it this far with migs..thats a fact.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #849: May 02, 2018 11:32:16 pm
      He'll do the same against Navas who was nothing special against Bayern.

Never got the hype about Navas in the first place. Always thought he has stood out like a sore thumb in what is supposed to be an excellent team, just because he had a good world cup 4 years ago. Good keeper, yes, but he is far from world class. I'd be gutted if we were to ever sign him.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #850: May 03, 2018 06:20:28 am
      Never got the hype about Navas in the first place. Always thought he has stood out like a sore thumb in what is supposed to be an excellent team, just because he had a good world cup 4 years ago. Good keeper, yes, but he is far from world class. I'd be gutted if we were to ever sign him.

This is where you're mistaken, Navas is the reason why Madrid won at least 1 UCL, he was tremendous in very important matches for them, making incredible saves. It's this season that his level dropped, but overall he was a terrific keeper for them.

Quick Reply