Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Loris Karius (End of Contract)

Read 204080 times
      AX1377
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Re: Loris Karius Player Thread
      Reply #1035: May 28, 2018 12:35:40 am
      Obviously hugely disappointing the f**k ups last night.  Two massive brain farts.

The third didn't affect the result, and likely was a result of him dwelling on the first perhaps.  I'm really reluctant to stick the knife in because he's played a part in getting us both to the final and qualifying for the competition next year.

I'm also hesitant to stick the knife in because I remember Lovren's horror show against Spurs.  An older player who actually last night had arguably his best game in the red shirt.

Can understand people who want to get rid, Pep did with Hart and dropped Claudio Bravo.  But then you have the other group, and I think Klopp might ultimately fall into this camp, of seeing the opportunity of redemption.

Feel sorry for the lad - wish we'd had Salah on the pitch and we'd been our usual boss selves and scored 5 so we could have been pissing our pants about those two goals instead. 🤔

Played a part in getting to the final?

Sorry not buying that. We got into the final in spite of him. He made it much harder than it should have been.

Against City he looked far from assured. Remember him flapping at a shot, almost knocking a Liverpool defender out, then having the ball bounce off a clueless Milner and then have Sane bundle it in, this goal was wrongly ruled offside. It would have been 2-0 away at City.

First goal in the first few mins I'm pretty sure Van Dijk didn't want the ball. He got it anyway as Karius was panicking.

Against Roma he almost let in another freak goal, luckily managed to parry it on to the bar, he didn't have a clue what was happening. Parried a shot straight to Džeko who scored.

Lovren also has to go. He is rash, unpredictable and just not a very smart player. Always worry about him diving in to a challenge and completely missing everything, something he has done many, many times. We laugh at him kicking the ball into Milners face and it going in the goal (Karius of course didn't even move as per usual), but this was sheer stupidity. Again, it could have cost us.

Look at the errors by those 2 alone in the games against Roma and Man City and you will see the Madrid game was going to happen sooner or later. I was very worried about Karius and Lovren. Lovren panicked and bottled it against Kane at Wembley. Credit to him for coming back, but like Klopp could stick Klavan in there.

When it comes to defenders you need guys that are dependable, consistent and cool headed. You don't need to be fancy. Its just about playing the percentages - you will not be judged for playing nasty, boring football, no one cares.

Reina got 3 golden gloves in a row. Our defence used to be very tight not so long ago. Carragher, Agger, Skrtel, Arbeloa, Finnan, Riise, Hyypia, Aurelio. You don't need stand out, blockbuster defenders with tattoos and social media accounts, just a well organised, well-drilled set of players that communicate and work for each other.

I see that with Van Dijk, Robertson, Arnold, Clyne and no one else. Out of our current defenders only Van Dijk could get into that defence.
      AX1377
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Reply #1036: May 28, 2018 12:39:13 am
      he creates a family and you don't just dismiss a family member for a mistake. So I tend to agree with you Professional Sport is brutal and I think Jürgen is just incredibly honest and wants to win the right way unfortunately for him lots of people just want to win and don't care how they achieve it.

Is that true though?

When he got Karius, I'm sure he wanted him to replace Mignolet - who was shocking.

Karius was poor too, so they were constantly swapping until Mignolet just had to be dropped - see Xhaka against Mignolet. He did a Karius there.

After Morena lost it in the Europa Final, he was eased out of the first team and rarely gets a chance. Can tell Klopp doesn't trust him.

vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #1037: May 28, 2018 02:45:16 am
      The first goal was really ... bad. it has all the hallmarks of someone who is rushing maybe due to nerves. I think attacking him is sick, we all saw how gutted he was. What I don't believe though is people's assertions Klopp is too nice and only pr**k's succeed (or people with the capacity to be pricks). The reason why Madrid are where they are is massive investment. Madrid and Barcelona are given tax exemptions by the Spanish government, they are allowed to continue as a club owned by supporters and are exempt from being corporations. I read two other Spanish clubs have this advantage. This is why they can continue this 'winning streak'. Imagine that combined with the fact all of South America, Africa and most of Europe see them as ideal destinations. Klopp isn't too fu&&ing nice, he's a successful remarkable manager. Let's see Zidane go to Everton and win 3 CL, he'd be gone with a fortnight.
      AX1377
      • Forum Youth Player

• 21 posts |
      Reply #1038: May 28, 2018 03:09:26 am
      The first goal was really ... bad. it has all the hallmarks of someone who is rushing maybe due to nerves. I think attacking him is sick, we all saw how gutted he was. What I don't believe though is people's assertions Klopp is too nice and only pr**k's succeed (or people with the capacity to be pricks). The reason why Madrid are where they are is massive investment. Madrid and Barcelona are given tax exemptions by the Spanish government, they are allowed to continue as a club owned by supporters and are exempt from being corporations. I read two other Spanish clubs have this advantage. This is why they can continue this 'winning streak'. Imagine that combined with the fact all of South America, Africa and most of Europe see them as ideal destinations. Klopp isn't too fu&&ing nice, he's a successful remarkable manager. Let's see Zidane go to Everton and win 3 CL, he'd be gone with a fortnight.

Just a quick point.

I don't get the whole - lets support Karius bandwagon.

I think in modern day society, people are too willing to accept mediocrity. And afraid to call a spade a spade.

If I mess up something in a major way at work, I expect to be called up on it and to face consequences for my actions. The modern day mindset is to not point fingers i.e. call a spade a spade and just ask how we could collectively do things differently - not ask the hard questions.

He made 2 massive blunders, unforced errors that cost us the final - at the highest stage of club football. There need to be consequences for that i.e. he gets dropped and we bring in a better keeper. That's what should happen. That's what logic dictates.

Modern day society would dictate we mollycoddle him, keep playing in the hope he will redeem himself, like this is some Disney animated feature. Get real, seriously. Do I feel for him on a personal level? If I think about it, yeah. But I don't. I just think he cost us the final - which he did.

It's not like he has been an excellent keeper who had 1 bad game, he is not a very good keeper who got exposed on the big stage - and some of that responsibility falls on Klopp.

Don't see how the club needs to allow Karius to redeem himself. Football just doesn't work like that.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #1039: May 28, 2018 03:44:48 am
      Just a quick point.

I think in modern day society, people are too willing to accept mediocrity. And afraid to call a spade a spade.

It's called supporting your team through thick and thin lad.

We don't turn on our players like the gobs***e Ingurland fans do, making burning effigies of players who fu**ed up!!

Hence why Karius will still get our support - You'll Never Walk Alone isn't just a song we sing, it has meaning including backing players who've made mistakes.

Hopefully the lad and the rest of the team can use the experience of Saturday night to spur them on and come back stronger next season.

bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #1040: May 28, 2018 05:05:24 am
      Just a quick point.

If I mess up something in a major way at work, I expect to be called up on it and to face consequences for my actions. The modern day mindset is to not point fingers i.e. call a spade a spade and just ask how we could collectively do things differently - not ask the hard questions.

He made 2 massive blunders, unforced errors that cost us the final - at the highest stage of club football. There need to be consequences for that i.e. he gets dropped and we bring in a better keeper. That's what should happen. That's what logic dictates.

Modern day society would dictate we mollycoddle him, keep playing in the hope he will redeem himself, like this is some Disney animated feature. Get real, seriously. Do I feel for him on a personal level? If I think about it, yeah. But I don't. I just think he cost us the final - which he did.

It's not like he has been an excellent keeper who had 1 bad game, he is not a very good keeper who got exposed on the big stage - and some of that responsibility falls on Klopp.

Don't see how the club needs to allow Karius to redeem himself. Football just doesn't work like that.

It's supporting him as a human being, not that hard to "get".

Yeah, I hope we buy another keeper and make him fight for his spot. I'm not blindly supporting him in the sense of his ability, but F***ing hell have a heart and at least understand how much this is hurting him more than any of us. It aint F***ing Disney, it's real F***ing life. Your ramblings on the state of modern society are completely lost here, we just want to support a Liverpool player to get through this mentally more than anything. I saw a tweet wishing cancer on his kids, for fucks sake. The guy just needs human support, football is seperate to that. If/when he takes a place between the posts for Liverpool, I will 100% back him and hope he has a great game. No need to contextualise this as some metaphor for the greater world that coddles mediocre performance. If we're gonna go down that road, then lets attack the real mediocre jobs getting coddled such as the turd in the white house right now, rather than a keeper who well knows he's had a horror show and is hurt as F**k about it.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1041: May 28, 2018 08:31:21 am
      I hope he becomes one of the greats it would make some sense of Saturday night then something positive from a dire situation.
      The entire squad should look at the likes of Neville and all the other mongs who laughed at our defeat and get angry very angry and show that anger on the pitch next season.
      We needed a ruthless streak we should use the defeat to summon that fear of losing and f***in batter teams next season.
      show no mercy
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,705 posts | 880 
      Reply #1042: May 28, 2018 09:05:38 am
      It's called supporting your team through thick and thin lad.

We don't turn on our players like the gobs***e Ingurland fans do, making burning effigies of players who fu**ed up!!

Hence why Karius will still get our support - You'll Never Walk Alone isn't just a song we sing, it has meaning including backing players who've made mistakes.

Hopefully the lad and the rest of the team can use the experience of Saturday night to spur them on and come back stronger next season.

Not sure if serious?

It is selective support. All this YNWA when it suits. It's laughably sad.

Mignolet is slammed, mocked, insulted. Fans here are desperate to get rid, outraged at the mere idea he should play for us again..

Then we have Karius the beloved.

Makes two massive blunders (on a scale never before seen) in the Champions League Final and so ruins our chance of lifting the trophy.. but YNWA Karius.

We are Liverpool.. let's get behind our players.. how dare anybody suggest otherwise.  :roll:
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #1043: May 28, 2018 10:24:16 am
      I found his behavior after the first mistake really weird

It was mate. We were screaming at telly to turn the F**k round and chase......

Gives more credence to notion he was a bit dazed.

I’ve more sympathy for that (cos it was just a totally freak F**k up) than the 3rd one......there is a weakness there....losing the ball in flight.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1044: May 28, 2018 10:57:22 am
      It was mate. We were screaming at telly to turn the f**k round and chase......

Gives more credence to notion he was a bit dazed.

I’ve more sympathy for that (cos it was just a totally freak f**k up) than the 3rd one......there is a weakness there....losing the ball in flight.

It was him still having a pop at the useless official who stands behind the goal well after the game kicked off again that I found weird.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #1045: May 28, 2018 10:59:29 am
      It was him still having a pop at the useless official who stands behind the goal well after the game kicked off again that I found weird.

Yep whole episode was like he just didn’t grasp what was happenin’
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6696 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1046: May 28, 2018 11:03:28 am
      He fu**ed up not once but twice, he knows, we know it, unfortunately the whole world saw it.

Having said that, he did make two outstanding saves that kept the scoreline down in the end so that's something.

For me though, there is no coming back from this. He will live with it for the rest of his life and be reminded of it every time he steps out in a Liverpool shirt. So he has to go, hope he finds a Club he can be happy at and get away from the spotlight that will haunt him continuously if he was to stay at Liverpool.

As for that c**t Ramos, clearly elbowing him in the face minutes before Loris fu**ed the first one, I hate him and wish him the worst in life from now on. c**t of the highest order!!!
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #1047: May 28, 2018 11:08:57 am
      Just a quick point.

I'm sure it's the club  interests you have at heart .. all 3 of them 1/7 of your posts. If Klopp goes out an buys Allisson or De Gea then by all means. Does that mean I fill cyberspace with hate for our current keeper. If he spun around and through the ball into our net gave the  travelling support the finger and ripped of his Liverpool shirt revealing a  Madrid top underneath, maybe I'd contemplate some redress. However, to imagine people on this forum are going to think Klopp isn't a  very big step forward for LFC is fantasy.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #1048: May 28, 2018 11:10:27 am
      He fu**ed up not once but twice, he knows, we know it, unfortunately the whole world saw it.

Having said that, he did make two outstanding saves that kept the scoreline down in the end so that's something.

For me though, there is no coming back from this. He will live with it for the rest of his life and be reminded of it every time he steps out in a Liverpool shirt. So he has to go, hope he finds a Club he can be happy at and get away from the spotlight that will haunt him continuously if he was to stay at Liverpool.

As for that c**t Ramos, clearly elbowing him in the face minutes before Loris fu**ed the first one, I hate him and wish him the worst in life from now on. C**t of the highest order!!!

Now that's more like it. Save our 'dislike' for someone that deserves it. Ramos is an utterly detestable individual
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6696 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1049: May 28, 2018 11:19:57 am
      Now that's more like it. Save our 'dislike' for someone that deserves it. Ramos is an utterly detestable individual

C U N T  is the word you are looking for mate.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #1050: May 28, 2018 11:49:47 am
      Why should l feel sorry for loris he get paid good money play for one biggest clubs in world and has hot bird he not good enough time as club we be more ruthless
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1051: May 28, 2018 12:27:14 pm
      He is a good keeper with potential, does everything well... but he is prone to mistakes as shown previously and in the final. And despite the costly mistakes in the final, part of me wants Klopp to trust in him and keep him as #1 because of all the sh*t he got after the match. I want Karius to prove everyone wrong and shut the haters up.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1052: May 28, 2018 12:56:51 pm
      He is a good keeper with potential, does everything well... but he is prone to mistakes as shown previously and in the final. And despite the costly mistakes in the final, part of me wants Klopp to trust in him and keep him as #1 because of all the sh*t he got after the match. I want Karius to prove everyone wrong and shut the haters up.

The death threat thing is ridiculous. Dont see the potential in him though. He makes lots of mistakes and seen very little brilliance.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1053: May 28, 2018 12:58:50 pm
      Karma is a wonderful thing and one day all these dirty deeds that Ramos does will come back to him and the sooner the better.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #1054: May 28, 2018 01:10:03 pm
      Not sure if serious?

It is selective support. All this YNWA when it suits. It's laughably sad.

Mignolet is slammed, mocked, insulted. Fans here are desperate to get rid, outraged at the mere idea he should play for us again..

Then we have Karius the beloved.

Makes two massive blunders (on a scale never before seen) in the Champions League Final and so ruins our chance of lifting the trophy.. but YNWA Karius.

We are Liverpool.. let's get behind our players.. how dare anybody suggest otherwise.  :roll:

You slagged Suarez all the time for something that happened in 2010 world cup you hypocritical gobs***e!!

Difference is lad not everyone supports the team from the forum as has been said the forum is a bit like chatting to your mates in the pub. Don't know about you, but what I say in here about players I don't say it at the match.
      « Last Edit: May 28, 2018 01:15:52 pm by HUYTON RED »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #1055: May 28, 2018 01:11:48 pm
      The death threat thing is ridiculous. Dont see the potential in him though. He makes lots of mistakes and seen very little brilliance.

Some of his saves in the second half of the season especially the one in the derby have been top class. He's just fu**ed up on the biggest stage though.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1056: May 28, 2018 01:19:50 pm
      Some of his saves in the second half of the season especially the one in the derby have been top class. He's just fu**ed up on the biggest stage though.

Yeah, but as I mentioned weeks back, he is prone to stupid mistakes. Same with Migs, he has made some world class saves and is a decent keeper, but what lets him down is his concentration levels.
      It's the same with Karius, but the difference is, Karius is young and could still iron them out with more games and experience?  Ideally, I would want a new keeper, but realistically, we don't have unlimited funds like some clubs, so I wouldn't be as disappointed as others if we kept him as our #1 for another season.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,249 posts | 1000 
      Reply #1057: May 28, 2018 01:40:48 pm
      I hope the Club give him all the support he needs, and I do think he’s going to need support. Just caught something on the radio about a keeper who made a serious blunder in an important match, didn’t catch the name, but he couldn’t deal with it and later on killed himself!
      Loris is only 24, quite young in keeper terms, this will be really hard to cope with. What’s done is done, he needs support now, not slagging off!

Quick Reply