Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Loris Karius (End of Contract)

Read 202402 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Loris Karius Player Thread
      Reply #1265: Jun 06, 2018 08:42:54 pm
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1266: Jun 06, 2018 09:46:59 pm
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1267: Jun 10, 2018 06:42:31 pm
      Don't let facts get in the way of the shtick. Karius was a contributor to the improvement of the defense alongside VVD and Robertson, not just by making the saves, but by being adept at the sweeper role and giving our defense confidence to push a higher line as well as being much more aggressive at coming out of his box for high balls that results in fewer opportunities of a loose ball the opposition can score from. Anyone who saw us play since Karius took over would have seen a much confident defense line who was very comfortable in passing it back to Loris and using him like an additional field player. We also scored a few goals where the start of play came from Karius.

Now let's pretend you didn't see the games or had no clue what you were watching and look at a couple of stats.

Karius started 19 league games and had 10 clean sheets, so 52.6% of his games were clean sheets. That is the highest % in the league for anyone who started anywhere near as many games as he did. That also prorates to a full season with 20 clean sheets, which would have lead the league as DeGea had 18.

In those 19 games he gave up 14 goals, and that was with bullshit PK calls against us like Kane's equalizer in extra time. But those 14 goals translate to 28 goals over a full season, which would tie us for 2nd fewest with United and 1 behind City.

Methinks Klopp will stick by the lad ...do the paternal bit ...and keep him between the sticks.

ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #1268: Jun 11, 2018 12:52:30 pm
      Methinks Klopp will stick by the lad ...do the paternal bit ...and keep him between the sticks.

I hope not mate, he's clearly got a lot of talent and we need to keep hold of him as I think he will be top class. But I don't think we could win the league or CL with him yet. He's too inexperienced. We haven't had a keeper that could boss the penalty area since Pepe  :(
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,028 posts | 332 
      Reply #1269: Jun 12, 2018 09:47:44 pm
      I hope not mate, he's clearly got a lot of talent and we need to keep hold of him as I think he will be top class. But I don't think we could win the league or CL with him yet. He's too inexperienced. We haven't had a keeper that could boss the penalty area since Pepe  :(

I'd agree to some extent, I think watching the 'collision with Ramos' video it becomes clear to me that Karius should have stayed down.  Got the game stopped and forced the officials to consider that something untoward might have happened.  That takes experience.  All credit to him for his honesty in getting up and carrying on but staying down might have worked hugely in our favour.

I'm not doubting Karius' ability despite the errors.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #1270: Jun 18, 2018 04:19:53 pm
      Good read on what could have happened following the hit to his head...

https://theinjuryinsight.com/curious-case-karius-concussion/
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1271: Jul 05, 2018 09:06:40 pm
      Just seen his video of his Calafornian break and how its helped get over the champions league heartbreak.

Bit of a knob this fella..Not sure hes the right mindset for this club
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1272: Jul 05, 2018 09:13:47 pm
      I back him to come back strong from the horrors of the Champions League final.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1273: Jul 05, 2018 09:20:38 pm
      Just seen his video of his Calafornian break and how its helped get over the champions league heartbreak.

A bit harsh ?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1274: Jul 05, 2018 09:22:29 pm

https://twitter.com/_transferman/status/1014786450049634306

He needs to get a role for the next Baywatch film!
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1275: Jul 05, 2018 09:28:08 pm

His only mistake was going to Los Angeles. That city is awful.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #1276: Jul 05, 2018 09:29:50 pm

watch the video in the post below yours and then decide if harsh

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #1277: Jul 05, 2018 09:31:23 pm

Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #1278: Jul 05, 2018 09:48:46 pm

Not sure what you expect the lad to do. Video shows that he has been working to stay in shape and that he has enjoyed his holiday. Whether you like it or not, most footballers these days are brands of their own, it's just the way it is now. I'd rather see him like this, getting over the CL debacle, than him rotting away in a corner, crying.

Just like FMS, I back him to bounce back.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1279: Jul 05, 2018 09:50:30 pm
      His only mistake was going to Los Angeles. That city is awful.

Never been to LA. Never been to America. Hundreds of places I'd love to go in America and LA isn't one of them. To be honest, it sounds like a dystopian nightmare what with the paradox of the rich and famous and the battered deprived gangland streets.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #1280: Jul 05, 2018 09:53:47 pm
      Not sure what you expect the lad to do. Video shows that he has been working to stay in shape and that he has enjoyed his holiday. Whether you like it or not, most footballers these days are brands of their own, it's just the way it is now. I'd rather see him like this, getting over the CL debacle, than him rotting away in a corner, crying.

Just like FMS, I back him to bounce back.

i dont expect him to post sh*te like that. Other people including pundits have hinted at his mentality before. One of thinking hes a superstar or a celeb. Hence some quarters calling him out for what he done straight after the final.

Now he posts this telling us how hes over his heartache. What? Doing burpees and eating ice cream.in Hollywood?

What purpose does the clip serve? To me hed be mucjh better off staying away from the limelight work his hole off pre season and come back flying for the season.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1281: Jul 05, 2018 09:57:01 pm
      i dont expect him to post sh*te like that. Other people including pundits have hinted at his mentality before. One of thinking hes a superstar or a celeb. Hence some quarters calling him out for what he done straight after the final.

Now he posts this telling us how hes over his heartache. What? Doing burpees and eating ice cream.in Hollywood?

What purpose does the clip serve? To me hed be mucjh better off staying away from the limelight work his hole off pre season and come back flying for the season.

Don't have an issue with it myself...it's what young people do; he's a good looking kid taking some time off....agree with Danzel...it's just what how his generation expresses themselves.

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #1282: Jul 05, 2018 10:01:21 pm
      Don't have an issue with it myself...it's what young people do; he's a good looking kid taking some time off....agree with Danzel...it's just what how his generation expresses themselves.

Take your point on the generational thing. Still a load of cock to me Hell be hammered now soon as he makes a mistake
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1283: Jul 05, 2018 10:03:21 pm

I’d rather see him like this than still moaping around sending sad tweets. He’s relaxing and getting over it by having fun.

Nothing wrong with that.
      Kopite78
      Reply #1284: Jul 05, 2018 10:07:22 pm
      Take your point on the generational thing. Still a load of cock to me Hell be hammered now soon as he makes a mistake

People who are waiting for his moment he makes a mistake and for example call him a knob can't wait for that moment anyway

They've  made up their minds on him and won't support him regardless
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      Reply #1285: Jul 05, 2018 10:09:17 pm
      I’d rather see him like this than still moaping around sending sad tweets. He’s relaxing and getting over it by having fun.

Nothing wrong with that.

Partly my point why post anything be it moping or eating ice cream? Who giives a F**k? Why mot stay away from social media do whatever you want and come back ready to go for the season. Why have to feel the need to make a little montage of your holiday? AZ made a decent point on the age thing.

Love to see a montage of Milners holiday
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1286: Jul 05, 2018 10:12:17 pm
      Partly my point why post anything be it moping or eating ice cream? Who giives a f**k? Why mot stay away from social media do whatever you want and come back ready to go for the season. Why have to feel the need to make a little montage of your holiday? AZ made a decent point on the age thing.

Getting high of mass injections of Ribena no doubt...Loris just needed a new bird in the vid to make it all work...Nothing wrong with being young, good looking, wealthy...geez come to think of it..I hate that video.

Guess his RL girlfriend left him after she got death threats after the CL....sure he can find something in Socal to ease the pain of that loss.

I don't know if he will be our GK or not but like the manager I am a sucker for redemption stories so I back him if he stays between the sticks.

That which does not kill us makes us stronger and all that.
      « Last Edit: Jul 05, 2018 10:19:31 pm by AZPatriot »
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #1287: Jul 05, 2018 10:28:42 pm
      Partly my point why post anything be it moping or eating ice cream? Who giives a f**k? Why mot stay away from social media do whatever you want and come back ready to go for the season. Why have to feel the need to make a little montage of your holiday? AZ made a decent point on the age thing.

Milner posted a picture(s) of his holiday too. Is he a knob for doing so? Or is he allowed to do that? No one is forcing you to look at that video. The vast majority of young people are active on Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, ... whatever.

You're just looking for a stick to beat him with.

Quick Reply