Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Loris Karius (End of Contract)

Read 202355 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Re: Loris Karius Player Thread
      Reply #1334: Jul 07, 2018 01:04:35 pm
      Told you all that Klopp would keep Karius as number one for the oncoming season. If that's the decision, then the ground needs to get behind Loris from first game against West Ham.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #1335: Jul 07, 2018 05:22:21 pm
      Told you all that Klopp would keep Karius as number one for the oncoming season. If that's the decision, then the ground needs to get behind Loris from first game against West Ham.

Nice ovation for Loris from the fans today at Chester. Good to hear.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1336: Jul 07, 2018 05:40:45 pm
      put it this way keeping Karius means a good addition to the outfield players in the squad
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1337: Jul 07, 2018 06:05:16 pm
      Nice ovation for Loris from the fans today at Chester. Good to hear.

Who knew it was so easy to get an ovation, just F**k up a final by letting in two howlers and you'll be loved forever!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1338: Jul 07, 2018 08:01:38 pm

... as before the final Karius was as solid as any keeper in the league for me.

I find myself agreeing with you !?

With the published concussion test results ... he still is.

KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,325 posts | 188 
      Reply #1339: Jul 08, 2018 10:12:22 am
      [twitter=Markkinnaird/status/1015592664547373058]

If anyone knows how to post the above video go for it

But f**k me next year is going to be a tough season for him.
      « Last Edit: Jul 08, 2018 10:37:41 am by KeepTheFaith »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #1340: Jul 08, 2018 11:36:15 am
      I find myself agreeing with you !?

With the published concussion test results ... he still is.

Never doubted the lad was affected by the ABH inflicted on him by that pr**k, thing is tho Skip how deep in the sh*t would we have been if he had been forced to go off?
      Karius is supposedly our number 2 after Mignolet, if he had to be replaced who would be our last line of defence?
      The keeper situation has been allowed to deteriate and the way things stand now is the culmination of years of neglect addressing the failings in that area of play.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1341: Jul 08, 2018 03:09:14 pm
      [twitter=Markkinnaird/status/1015592664547373058]

If anyone knows how to post the above video go for it

But f**k me next year is going to be a tough season for him.

number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #1342: Jul 08, 2018 03:59:04 pm
      Who knew it was so easy to get an ovation, just f**k up a final by letting in two howlers and you'll be loved forever!

Nobody said he will be loved forever, this is called supporting him. If a good goalkeeper is available at the right price in the future, I'm sure we will go after the new goalkeeper. For now, we just have to be happy/less than happy with him as our no. 1 GK.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1343: Jul 09, 2018 07:57:20 am
      Never in a million years thought that we would go into next season with Karius [or Mignolet] as no.1.
      Would be unbelievable if we can't upgrade on either of them.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1344: Jul 09, 2018 02:16:17 pm
      Who knew it was so easy to get an ovation, just F**k up a final by letting in two howlers and you'll be loved forever!

Get a dictionary, look up the word 'support' that might help you with this predicament!!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1345: Jul 09, 2018 02:31:50 pm
      Get a dictionary, look up the word 'support' that might help you with this predicament!!

I think in your dictionary you may have the word support confused with insanity "doing the same thing repeatedly, and expecting different results"
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #1346: Jul 09, 2018 03:06:44 pm
      I think in your dictionary you may have the word support confused with insanity "doing the same thing repeatedly, and expecting different results"

No I'm using the word realistic, I told you we'd keep Karius.

If that means I'm insane like Klopp I'll take that :laugh:
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1347: Jul 09, 2018 05:38:52 pm

Urban myth. No dictionary says that.

Doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting different results defines learning, not insanity.

Sorry, that phrase always bugs me :D
      Kopite78
      Reply #1348: Jul 09, 2018 06:29:43 pm
      Urban myth. No dictionary says that.

Doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting different results defines learning, not insanity.

Sorry, that phrase always bugs me :D

It's not in a dictionary no it's a phrase commonly attributed to Einstein (but whether it was actually him or not isn't verified. Others like Benjamin  Franklin or Mark Twain or Bill Wilson are also thought to have said it )

Anyway whoever questions why we supported him at Chester vocally obviously struggle to understand what our match going fans especially are like. It doesn't mean that alot of them probably wouldn't want a new keeper but their vocal support for one our own, especially when the world is against him is what we do
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1349: Jul 09, 2018 06:38:11 pm
      It's not in a dictionary no it's a phrase commonly attributed to Einstein (but whether it was actually him or not isn't verified. Others like Benjamin  Franklin or Mark Twain or Bill Wilson are also thought to have said it )

Anyway whoever questions why we supported him at Chester vocally obviously struggle to understand what our match going fans especially are like. It doesn't mean that alot of them probably wouldn't want a new keeper but their vocal support for one our own, especially when the world is against him is what we do
      I find it hard to accept Einstein said that quote. Laws of probability state you can get a different result from doing the same thing. Otherwise the same national lottery numbers would come out every week.
      Also, Insanity can be believing a ridiculous thing or acting in a ridiculous way that is not repeated.

I'd cheer a cardboard cut out against Chester to be honest. I am not sure it is a great measure of support.
      « Last Edit: Jul 09, 2018 06:43:27 pm by Ribapuru »
      Kopite78
      Reply #1350: Jul 09, 2018 06:51:16 pm
      I find it hard to accept Einstein said that quote. Laws of probability state you can get a different result from doing the same thing. Otherwise the same national lottery numbers would come out every week.
      Also, Insanity can be believing a ridiculous thing or acting in a ridiculous way that is not repeated.

Well I said commonly attributed to Einstein

I'm not sure it was him either but for different reasons than you..
      I doubt he did because for such a smart man to say something so closed minded about the mind doesn't sit right with me

However I think you have the quote a little mixed up.. it's nothing to do with the lottery 😁
      Seriously though it's nothing to do with the laws of probability.. it's saying that if you do something wrong or with a negative end result to continue to do it the same way again and again and again would be stupid because you know it ends up with the same wrong result

I'd cheer a cardboard cut out against Chester to be honest. I am not sure it is a great measure of support.

That shows such a lack of understanding sorry
      CT_LFC

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #1351: Jul 09, 2018 07:08:32 pm

How does supporting a player on your team somehow relate to insanity?
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #1352: Jul 10, 2018 09:28:50 pm
      Karius is shuttered, his confidence is lost. Can we go on like this? For me, he shouldn't start end of story.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1353: Jul 10, 2018 09:30:19 pm
      Karius is shuttered, his confidence is lost. Can we go on like this? For me, he shouldn't start end of story.

Is that a reflection on the match today, was Lorius at fault for the goals, I'm asking as I didn't see the match.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1354: Jul 10, 2018 09:31:32 pm
      Is that a reflection on the match today, was Lorius at fault for the goals, I'm asking as I didn't see the match.

The first one is all I've seen, and he was. Simple free kick pretty much straight at him. Looked like it just bounced off his chest when trying to catch it, fell to the Tranmere player for a simple finish.

https://twitter.com/UtkarshJos/status/1016775559622225920
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #1355: Jul 10, 2018 09:39:20 pm
      #awks
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #1356: Jul 10, 2018 09:56:55 pm
      I can't think of a single top team in the history of football who has won things on a regular basis with an average goalkeeper.

Jürgen Klopp will leave Liverpool some day and when he does I hope it's not with regret that he stuck by Karius.

For the love of Jesus, forget Fekir or whoever else. Spend big on someone that will make our back four and everyone else on the team trust in the last line of defence.

Quick Reply