Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Loris Karius (End of Contract)

Read 203926 times
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Re: Loris Karius Player Thread
      Reply #1357: Jul 10, 2018 10:06:35 pm
      I can't think of a single top team in the history of football who has won things on a regular basis with an average goalkeeper.

Jürgen Klopp will leave Liverpool some day and when he does I hope it's not with regret that he stuck by Karius.

For the love of Jesus, forget Fekir or whoever else. Spend big on someone that will make our back four and everyone else on the team trust in the last line of defence.

Real Madrid have won a ton of Navas in goal, and he's not all that great.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #1358: Jul 10, 2018 10:18:22 pm

Correct.

Not to be confused with a defence or our keepers.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #1359: Jul 10, 2018 10:26:26 pm

He may not be the best in the world but he has never consistently dropped changers like Karius or Mignolet.

We are in a situation now where it looks like our No1 has a serious confidence issue which opposition fans will pounce on and his understudy is even more useless.

Not good going forward.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1360: Jul 10, 2018 10:38:59 pm
      He may not be the best in the world but he has never consistently dropped changers like Karius or Mignolet.

We are in a situation now where it looks like our No1 has a serious confidence issue which opposition fans will pounce on and his understudy is even more useless.

Not good going forward.

It's all mad, this, isn't it?

We've got a king clangerer and his clangering understudy.

Still.

People are trying to dress up that we don't need an upgrade.

F***ing madness. Can Karius come good in the future? Possibly.

Should we find out whether he can with him as first choice goalkeeper?

Should. We. F**k.

Let's at least see if he can make amends, regain confidence and composure and improve as a goalkeeper in the cups as an understudy to a new number 1.

Baffled and bemused.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,104 posts | 2762 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1361: Jul 10, 2018 10:51:26 pm
      Very harsh lads. Only a pre season game. The lads only over his holidays. Check out his video looks like he had a nice time.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #1362: Jul 10, 2018 10:53:49 pm
      He's garbage.

Almost as bad as Mignolet.

Our goalkeeping situation is depressing.

We have the money to remedy it so let's F***ing sort it out once and for all.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1363: Jul 10, 2018 10:54:40 pm
      Pfffff.....

LFC goalkeeper coach.

Has he ever managed to improve any goalkeeper?
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #1364: Jul 10, 2018 10:55:11 pm

Not good going forward.

Consistently is a massive exaggeration, especially when saying Karius makes as many mistakes as Migs. Last season per Premierlague.com's stats,  Karius had 0 errors leading to goals in the 19 games he played, while Migs had 2 in the same amount of games and has 18 for his Liverpool career. You do not "consistently drop changers" if you only give up 14 goals in 19 games and have 10 clean sheets.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #1365: Jul 10, 2018 10:56:48 pm
      Very harsh lads. Only a pre season game. The lads only over his holidays. Check out his video looks like he had a nice time.

The video has still got F**k all to do with anything he has done wrong on a football pitch.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,104 posts | 2762 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1366: Jul 10, 2018 11:09:12 pm
      I said it the other day hed have been better off staying out of the limelight come back pre season work his arse off.

Instead we get a stupid film posing like a star and in hid first game back makes a cock of himself.

Being a supporter doesnt mean you have to be blind to the glaring obvious
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,285 posts | 2805 
      Reply #1367: Jul 10, 2018 11:18:16 pm
      No surprise he’s dropped another clanger. Done it on a regular basis in his time here, might not show on your fancy magic Opta stats but it’s there clear to see to anyone who watches him.

We are living in fantasy land if we think we can challenge for the title with him in goal.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #1368: Jul 10, 2018 11:22:10 pm
      Been one of his biggest defenders on here over time but FFS that was a simple straight shot Loris. Why are you trying to catch a shoulder high shot into your chest you F***ing div?

Get rid. Can kiss any chance of a trophy goodbye (AGAIN) if we have to rely on these two clowns.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1369: Jul 10, 2018 11:51:13 pm

So Karius is better than Navas?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1370: Jul 10, 2018 11:56:21 pm

Only 2 keepers better than Karius, De Gea and Oblak.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1371: Jul 11, 2018 12:01:36 am
      Only 2 keepers better than Karius, De Gea and Oblak.

If you'd believe the Karius fan club, all keepers in the world are sh*t so we'd rather stick to our very own piece of crap.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1372: Jul 11, 2018 12:14:21 am
      If you'd believe the Karius fan club, all keepers in the world are sh*t so we'd rather stick to our very own piece of crap.

I would imagine the manager sees 2 or 3 significantly major upgrades on the keeper....One of them would run what 90 million? and the other 60?. I could make a case for bringing in somebody of the same level as Karius that doesn't have his baggage just to start fresh for everybody.

I don't think Oblak wants to come here and I am really really not sure that Allison is worth what his cost is (not sure LFC is either).

Again it might be good just to get a "different keeper" just for the sake of doing it....but not sure the manager operates on chop/change or getting one just to get one. He has show he want's what he want's and will wait for it before just buying to buy.

He is stubborn on this because that is his character (he backs his boys)...it may be his flaw but I accept that you take the good with the bad.
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #1373: Jul 11, 2018 12:19:02 am

And if you believe the anti-Karius and Migs fan club all keepers in the world are great except our shitty ones.
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #1374: Jul 11, 2018 12:35:08 am
      I would imagine the manager sees 2 or 3 significantly major upgrades on the keeper....One of them would run what 90 million? and the other 60?. I could make a case for bringing in somebody of the same level as Karius that doesn't have his baggage just to start fresh for everybody.

I don't think Oblak wants to come here and I am really really not sure that Allison is worth what his cost is (not sure LFC is either).

Again it might be good just to get a "different keeper" just for the sake of doing it....but not sure the manager operates on chop/change or getting one just to get one. He has show he want's what he want's and will wait for it before just buying to buy.

He is stubborn on this because that is his character (he backs his boys)...it may be his flaw but I accept that you take the good with the bad.

That would probably the biggest and best reason to bring in someone else, as every move he makes will be under the microscope. Today's tantrums over a preseason game shows us that and having this hanging over the team's head is not good for anyone. Klopp is likely right when he says "Yeah, [the reaction] will probably happen for a while until he has a few fantastic games -- that is how the situation is..."

When he starts collecting clean sheets like he did last season things will quiet down but the moment he steps a foot wrong the vultures will be out.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1375: Jul 11, 2018 12:46:33 am
      When he starts collecting clean sheets like he did last season things will quiet down but the moment he steps a foot wrong the vultures will be out.

It's not a case of "vultures" being out. Ultimately he cost us the biggest game we've had for a long time, then when you expect him to be busting a gut to make sure he moves on from that, he's costing us goals again straight away. He seems to have a real problem being able to catch the ball. Not forgetting that it was picked up by a camera, when he was warming up at the weekend, he let the ball slip through his legs.

View it as "vultures" all you want, the majority of us will view it as wanting the best possible for this club and no matter which way it's dressed up, spun or whatever, that's not Karius. Simple.
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #1376: Jul 11, 2018 01:09:04 am
      It's not a case of "vultures" being out. Ultimately he cost us the biggest game we've had for a long time, then when you expect him to be busting a gut to make sure he moves on from that, he's costing us goals again straight away. He seems to have a real problem being able to catch the ball. Not forgetting that it was picked up by a camera, when he was warming up at the weekend, he let the ball slip through his legs.

View it as "vultures" all you want, the majority of us will view it as wanting the best possible for this club and no matter which way it's dressed up, spun or whatever, that's not Karius. Simple.

Yea, we need to watch out for that goal differential that may prove deciding in the preseason table.....

The fact that people are "not forgetting" a play during warm up goes to show all his actions being under the microscope and why i agree with AZPatriot that moving on may the best for all parties involved. Who cares about a warm up or an early preseason game when players are just getting back from the summer and getting their timing and rhythm back? I am not on twitter but i imagine that clip made the rounds, just like after today's game ESPN and the Echo, 2 sites i visit for Liverpool news, have 4 articles between them with Karius in their headlines, and that's during a meaningless preseason game.

"Baggage" aside, his performance last season was strong enough where it would easily warrant going with him as the #1 this season, but the over-analysis done on him every time he steps on the wrong blade of grass is not beneficial to anyone involved, well, except maybe this board for the fodder.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1377: Jul 11, 2018 01:22:59 am
      Yea, we need to watch out for that goal differential that may prove deciding in the preseason table.....

The fact that people are "not forgetting" a play during warm up goes to show all his actions being under the microscope and why i agree with AZPatriot that moving on may the best for all parties involved. Who cares about a warm up or an early preseason game when players are just getting back from the summer and getting their timing and rhythm back? I am not on twitter but i imagine that clip made the rounds, just like after today's game ESPN and the Echo, 2 sites i visit for Liverpool news, have 4 articles between them with Karius in their headlines, and that's during a meaningless preseason game.

"Baggage" aside, his performance last season was strong enough where it would easily warrant going with him as the #1 this season, but the over-analysis done on him every time he steps on the wrong blade of grass is not beneficial to anyone involved, well, except maybe this board for the fodder.

You think mistakes like this during pre-season are meaningless?! If a player is making mistakes right from the off, then it's not going to do his confidence good going into the new season is it? How do you expect players to get their "rhytm" if they are already making howlers? Especially when he's already under the spot light more than anybody else.

Karius has gotten himself into this situation and so far, when he should be impressing, he's failing to even collect a simple ball straight at him, against Tranmere. If he's making mistakes like that against them, how do you think he's going to fare when we start to play the big team over the summer and as we go into the new season? How do you think it's going to impact him mentally?
      It's all well and good dismissing it as pre-season and trying to be clever saying rubbish like "goal differential that may prove deciding in the preseason table....." but what you don't seem to realise is just how vital these early games are for someone in his position.
      I have no problem with supporting the players but they have to meet us half way, they can't expect to keep our backing when straight away into the preparations for the new season, there is F**k ups happening. It was a simple take for crying out loud, I wouldn't expect any keeper of any standard to be dropping that ball.
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #1378: Jul 11, 2018 01:37:14 am
      You think mistakes like this during pre-season are meaningless?! If a player is making mistakes right from the off, then it's not going to do his confidence good going into the new season is it? How do you expect players to get their "rhytm" if they are already making howlers? Especially when he's already under the spot light more than anybody else.

It was a simple take for crying out loud, I wouldn't expect any keeper of any standard to be dropping that ball.

Yes, this early in the preseason when players have only been back but a little over a week is F***ing meaningless. The level of ridiculousness this has reached is crazy, though it will be hilarious to see people's tantrums when / if Klopp goes with Karius to start the season and then try to find things to complain about when he's collecting clean sheets.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #1379: Jul 11, 2018 01:44:23 am
      Yes, this early in the preseason when players have only been back but a little over a week is f**king meaningless. The level of ridiculousness this has reached is crazy, though it will be hilarious to see people's tantrums when / if Klopp goes with Karius to start the season and then try to find things to complain about when he's collecting clean sheets.

Yeah, meaningless going into the next game with yet another mistake on his mind, with more pressure on him. A Tranmere player turned round and said to him "You're F***ing sh*t", which goes to show the kind of respect he gets on the pitch now, so let's see just how meaningless this game actually is for a keeper already under a massive amount of pressure.

But, it's your opinion I guess. I've always been a supporter of Karius but ultimately there comes a point when you have to accept that to win silverware, you have to upgrade certain players. We'll see what happens, doesn't matter what either of us think.

Quick Reply