Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W10 D9 L12

Loris Karius (End of Contract)

Read 203911 times
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,795 posts | 2447 
      Re: Loris Karius Player Thread
      Reply #1403: Jul 11, 2018 09:01:48 pm
      Just sign Pope or Alisson and get rid of this part time model.

He'll cost us trophies with his sloppy mistakes.

He can take his less pretty Belgian cousin with him too.
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #1404: Jul 12, 2018 02:52:28 pm
      Goalkeepers are relatively inexpensive compared to positions such as strikers and arguably more important. I'm not convinced even Klopp can get away with winning nothing for another season if ignores goalkeeping problems. Not saying he will get the boot, but he'll get a lot of criticism.

Stubborn and persistence are pretty close to each other, sometimes it is difficult to differentiate them, specially from someone who has had some relative successes. But judging from past cases such as Sakho and currently with Lazar Markovic, I think, if Jürgen believes things will not work, he can be pretty decisive.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,401 posts | 202 
      Reply #1405: Jul 13, 2018 05:29:28 pm
      Just saw his Tuesday performance

Seriously, get this guy outta here, no offence but even a blind man would tell you he is not good enough
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1406: Jul 14, 2018 09:16:36 pm
      watched Grobbelar from 1981 against everton boy he was a f***in disaster making karius look a world beater . I think Karius will have a huge job to convince people he is the right man for us and his problem is every single mistake will be highlighted by the likes of Ratboy and is ilk. Clean sheet today but just a thought about him is he too nice to be a goalkeeper they either need to be mad or bad and I guess he is neither very much like Mignolet.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,401 posts | 202 
      Reply #1407: Jul 14, 2018 09:34:23 pm
      watched Grobbelar from 1981 against everton boy he was a f***in disaster making karius look a world beater . I think Karius will have a huge job to convince people he is the right man for us and his problem is every single mistake will be highlighted by the likes of Ratboy and is ilk. Clean sheet today but just a thought about him is he too nice to be a goalkeeper they either need to be mad or bad and I guess he is neither very much like Mignolet.

It doesn’t matter about being mad or bad

Football is about talent, fitness and being mentally tough (not cracking under pressure )

Karius is currently not good enough and is mentally not strong

People can celebrate his clean sheet but need to fckn realise that’s his job

As well as catching a ball and not throwing is to the other teams....

Klopp will get a hell of a lot of criticism when karius let’s us down again next season.people need to make a decision on here whether they want us to be the best or be a nearly team. Keep karius if you want to continue being a dreamer for sustained success, or want a new good keeper to really go for it

It’s turning your back on a player that isn’t good enough, he is a millionaire for crying out loud and can still have a career playing at his level in the championship
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1408: Jul 14, 2018 10:07:07 pm

Football is about talent, fitness and being mentally tough (not cracking under pressure )

Klopp will get a hell of a lot of criticism when karius let’s us down again next season.people need to make a decision on here whether they want us to be the best or be a nearly team. Keep karius if you want to continue being a dreamer for sustained success, or want a new good keeper to really go for it

It’s turning your back on a player that isn’t good enough, he is a millionaire for crying out loud and can still have a career playing at his level in the championship
      You're spot on here. Karius isn't good enough. I gave him benefit of the doubt with concussion, but in pre season he's still not good. If Klopp backs Karius and we fail to make top four, I don't need to spell out what will happen to Klopps Liverpool position. I better not get a Salah shirt too just incase he decides to go,our progression set back upto a decade. Klopps risking that for the sake of signing a new goalkeeper. It's as infuriating as England with Sterling.

Even BBC running a story on it.

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/44791411

Reminds me of how he used to back Mignolet all the time when he was a paper keeper.

Our own fans are fedup and Jeering Karius before season starts. Our fans won't take much more of this goalkeeping sh*t.
      « Last Edit: Jul 14, 2018 10:19:44 pm by Ribapuru »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1409: Jul 14, 2018 10:19:18 pm

did you ever see  Grobbelar, Westerveld,Hooper,James,Dudek,Carson,or Reina ? you really have to go back you Clemence to find a goalkeeper that meets the requirements of people on here. The fact is since he left for Spurs all of our keepers have had their moments but the problem for Karius he chose this particular F**k up in front of a world wide audience. Karius may move on but lets not kid ourselves that he is the only goalkeeper to F**k up bigtime in the past 40 years
      You also need to read my post again its hardly an endorsement merely a statement of fact.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1410: Jul 14, 2018 10:23:51 pm
      did you ever see  Grobbelar, Westerveld,Hooper,James,Dudek,Carson,or Reina ? you really have to go back you Clemence to find a goalkeeper that meets the requirements of people on here. The fact is since he left for Spurs all of our keepers have had their moments but the problem for Karius he chose this particular f**k up in front of a world wide audience. Karius may move on but lets not kid ourselves that he is the only goalkeeper to f**k up bigtime in the past 40 years
      You also need to read my post again its hardly an endorsement merely a statement of fact.
      To be fair, it's difficult to feel better about Karius just because our past keepers have been sh*te as well. Mignolet is hands down the worst we have had and people thought Karius was okay because our expectations are low. Fans anger today was clear about the situation and they made themselves heard. It's rare for our own fans to boo our own players. Enough is enough.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #1411: Jul 14, 2018 10:41:20 pm
      I’ve kept my mouth shut over him since the final.

However, he has to go. I don’t trust him and that’s that.

KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,401 posts | 202 
      Reply #1412: Jul 15, 2018 08:35:36 am
      did you ever see  Grobbelar, Westerveld,Hooper,James,Dudek,Carson,or Reina ? you really have to go back you Clemence to find a goalkeeper that meets the requirements of people on here. The fact is since he left for Spurs all of our keepers have had their moments but the problem for Karius he chose this particular f**k up in front of a world wide audience. Karius may move on but lets not kid ourselves that he is the only goalkeeper to f**k up bigtime in the past 40 years

I know what you’re saying my man and I don’t disagree we haven’t had some poor keepers

My point is simple, karius is championship standard, be honest, would any pl team take him ?

He just isn’t good enough, it’s simple, not enough
      Talent

We have to try to buy someone else and get a keeper that wins us a few points per season instead of costing us, the impact would be huge

The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #1413: Jul 15, 2018 11:10:34 am

Should we not be working with him to help him achieve that mental fortitude rather than working to help destroy it...?
      It is per-season the time for players to make mistakes with out it really costing the team
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1414: Jul 15, 2018 11:13:31 am
      Danny Ward, Simon Mignolet and Loris Karius hardly names to strike fear into the attacks of opponents so lets look not just at Karius but the whole goalkeeper situation that needs major overhauling and that has to include the coaching staff. Maybe Karius's cockup may prove to be the catalyst where we address a situation that has been ongoing for many years now.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1415: Jul 15, 2018 11:40:10 am
      Should we not be working with him to help him achieve that mental fortitude rather than working to help destroy it...?
      It is per-season the time for players to make mistakes with out it really costing the team
      No, whilst Karius is developing his mental fortitude we are dropping out the top 4.
      We aren't competing for top four against Chelsea, City, United, Spurs with him in goal.. we are probably finishing 5th.
      Give or take a place, we are finishing 4-6. Last couple of seasons have been 4 which is great, but now other teams strengthened more than we have and if we don't address goalkeeping issue we might be waiting a long time to compete for anything.
      Don't expect player retention, it is all hanging on this goalkeeping spot. It is a very important position and it's never been so important to sign a new goalkeeper. Fans booing Karius now because they know... Liverpool fans never usually ban there own players so what does that tell you?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1416: Jul 15, 2018 11:40:58 am

I didn't realise we were operating a support group for sh*t goalkeepers, I thought we were a football club with ambitions about actually winning things?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1417: Jul 15, 2018 11:45:52 am
      I didn't realise we were operating a support group for sh*t goalkeepers, I thought we were a football club with ambitions about actually winning things?

Reaching two European cup finals shows lack of ambition right?, we have strengthened this season & will add more quality players who will push us on to that level we just missed out on last season..
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1418: Jul 15, 2018 11:46:46 am
      Salah is a nice guy and all, but if we keep Karius I would not blame him at all for moving to a team he can win a trophy at.
      I think there is only a certain amount a player can take before thinking "I am fedup of being in a team with a sh*te goalie and a coach that does f*ck all about it". Expect serious winter departures again if Karius is still knocking us out of trophies.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #1419: Jul 15, 2018 11:48:06 am
      Salah is a nice guy and all, but if we keep Karius I would not blame him at all for moving to a team he can win a trophy at.
      I think there is only a certain amount a player can take before thinking "I am fedup of being in a team with a sh*te goalie and a coach that does f*ck all about it". Expect serious winter departures again if Karius is still knocking us out of trophies.

Per usual talking sh*te.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1420: Jul 15, 2018 11:49:26 am
      Go on then, tell us how great Karius is and what we will win with him? debate it instead of rubbishing it.
      Awaiting counter argument.
      Tell us how world class players will relish playing alongside Karius.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #1421: Jul 15, 2018 11:57:10 am
      Furthermore, if you Google Karius.. I've never seen such a sh*t storm around one player for performance reasons. Real moral killer.
      « Last Edit: Jul 15, 2018 12:01:20 pm by Ribapuru »
      Kopite78
      Reply #1422: Jul 15, 2018 12:08:37 pm
      Furthermore, if you Google Karius.. I've never seen such a sh*t storm around one player for performance reasons. Real moral killer.

Do you think Salah sits at home googling Karius? 😄
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1423: Jul 15, 2018 12:43:45 pm
      Reaching two European cup finals shows lack of ambition right?, we have strengthened this season & will add more quality players who will push us on to that level we just missed out on last season..

Not unless we sign a top goalkeeper, No team has ever won anything of significance with a goalkeeper as poor as we currently have
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1424: Jul 15, 2018 12:45:31 pm
      Do you think Salah sits at home googling Karius? 😄

No but he probably sat on the bench thinking "F**k me what a crap goalie we have, there goes another final", I'm just amazed Jürgen didn't have the same thought.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,401 posts | 202 
      Reply #1425: Jul 15, 2018 12:55:01 pm

This is what I mean

If we want to be a top team the answer is no to your question

We need a good keeper and need to help that keeper settle in

If we want to fight for the top 4 and struggle to make it in the end then yes let’s keep karius and hope in 3 years after 20 errors he manages to turn it around....

The Liverpool way is not keeping players at the level of championship and letting them keep making errors that cost us

Karius should be sold or loaned out

Quick Reply