Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Hooliganism at Euro 2016

Read 39449 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Re: Hooliganism at Euro 2016
      Reply #115: Jun 13, 2016 11:27:55 am
      this is a point I was making earlier we have had the National Identity of England stolen by a tiny minority of thugs.
      More than enough good honest people support England and I fear for their safety. this is 2016 not 1986.

Walton, the identity of Muslims has been hijacked by a minority but it does not stop the bigots on here tarring all with the same brush, some of those now defending their own for hooliganism & the shocking scenes witnessed recently...
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #116: Jun 13, 2016 11:29:29 am
      Germany 2006
      British police estimated that 40,000 of the 48,000 at the match were from England and that another 30,000 watched on the two big screens anchored on stilts in the middle of the river Main and in bars throughout the city. It was double the number that had been predicted.

England's captain David Beckham made a point of applauding supporters in the stadium. Andrin Cooper, a Football Association spokesman, said: "The majority made a huge contribution to the colour and atmosphere of the last couple of days. It is very pleasing to hear the local authorities praising their general conduct."

Sir Peter Torry, British ambassador to Germany visiting the 16 extra consular staff and welcoming Prince William, described the mood as "absolutely fantastic". He said the tournament was a huge opportunity to end stereotypes about Germany. The behaviour of the fans in the stadium was "exemplary".
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #117: Jun 13, 2016 11:50:59 am
      Walton, the identity of Muslims has been hijacked by a minority but it does not stop the bigots on here tarring all with the same brush, some of those now defending their own for hooliganism & the shocking scenes witnessed recently...

This bigot hasn't defended them.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,453 posts | 8662 
      Reply #118: Jun 13, 2016 11:59:02 am
      It really is cool on here to hate England.
      Well i've got a few friends and family over there to watch the tournament, people who weren't even born in the 80s and were still in nappies in the 90s.

Not sure if any of them come back with their heads mashed in by crazed Russian Ultras i'd be sitting them down and explaining to them that they had it coming to them.

I know everyone on here hates England, England fans, the bull dog breed and all that, but lets hope everyone who has gone to watch the tournament with good intentions gets home safely. 'Ingerland' fans or otherwise.

Who said it had anything with hating England you soft c**t, anyone with half a brain could of told you it would go off between the English, the Russians and the immigrant population of Marseille. But saying that your friends might of been in another part of Marseille like the lads of one lad I know who said he'd spoke to them yesterday and they didn't he even have a clue when they got to the ground there had been trouble because they hadn't stayed around the port area.

Pretty sure the kids who were crying off the tear gas won't understand the karma thing Huyt.

Again their F***ing parents want their head testing for taking them to Marseille.

I know it's 'cool' on a Liverpool FC forum for the self-loathing cu*ts to commend any acts of violence against someone from England, but justifying it as karma 3 decades later is nothing but a bad tit seeking attention.

Ironic that a Liverpool fan commends such acts - Remember Heysel ya f**king moron!

You don't even go the match so you can shut the F**k up and stick to moaning about getting out of the EU you cheeky attention seeking c**t.

Who said I was commending the stuff that went on over the weekend, but if you didn't think that was gonna kick off like the way it did, you are one thick tw*t. It was always going to kick off like that in Marseille.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #119: Jun 13, 2016 12:08:38 pm
      Changing the abuse now about how there was always going to be trouble.

It's called Karma you soft tw*t!

See the behaviour of the Russian firm, that was the English in the 70s/80s and 90s can't be f**king crying when it comes on top for the garden furniture throwing gang of pricks.

Belgium 2000

Germany 2006

The drunken yokels of the backwards towns of this country always behave like that abroad when following England.

What about the "karma", for those garden furniture throwers.

:tosser:
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,507 posts | 3457 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #120: Jun 13, 2016 12:47:44 pm
      Rooney to England fans: behave yourselves

England fans to Rooney : stop shagging grannies ya potato headed munter
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #121: Jun 13, 2016 01:21:14 pm
      Russian media has praised the country’s supporters and labelled England football fans “drunk islanders” after violence broke out during their Euro 2016 match in Marseilles.

“Two hundred and fifty Russian fans repulsed an attack by several thousand English and forced them to flee,” state news service Vesti reported.

“English fans started the fight by attacking our fans, but 250 Russians from different corners of our country did not flinch and repulsed the attack of the heavily drunken islanders.”

Lawrence Nunez, the region's police commissioner, said approximately 300 Russian and 300 English fans who were “very determined” took part in the clashes, but that “police presence allowed us to intervene systematically.”

Uefa has now opened disciplinary proceedings against the Russia Football Union after crowd disturbances at the game.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/euro-2016-marseille-violence-russia-england-fans-a7077766.html

Biggest load of bollocks I've ever read. That guy needs to get out of his bias shell and wake the F**k up.
      « Last Edit: Jun 13, 2016 01:44:41 pm by mcarz »
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #122: Jun 13, 2016 01:23:28 pm
      Again their f**king parents want their head testing for taking them to Marseille

Fair point. No chance I would have.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #123: Jun 13, 2016 01:25:14 pm
      'English fans started the fight by attacking our fans'

Well lads that I guess that settles that debate. Incredible, incisive and eloquent journalism there.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,669 posts | 7156 
      Reply #124: Jun 13, 2016 01:34:49 pm
      you try and take their passports away and the Civil rights mob will have a field day.
      The Russians were not drunk they were well organised and came with one intention to fight. Russia is slowly or even quickly becoming a pariah in the Sporting world. Banned from the Olympics looking to be thrown out of the Euros and if anyone is thinking of going to Russia for the 2018 WC you should be sectioned.
      Even the local prosecutor recognised the Russians caused the problems.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #125: Jun 13, 2016 02:40:51 pm
      I don't know how a comment I made less than 24 hours ago can be considered an 'old drum' but anyway. Yes. No other fans are consistently as poorly behaved as the English fans. It has spanned over decades and decades. This is not to say other teams fans are covering themselves in glory but have the audacity to defend these thugs by saying 'they've done nothing wrong'. That's the attitude they have, that's the attitude that gives England a bad reputation worldwide. It's always someone else's fault, the finger is always pointed at others saying 'they did this' or 'they did that'. Childish attitude Riba, grow up and open your eyes.
      You are clueless. It is not that our fans our worse behaved, it is that we have more media coverage of our own fans than other countries fans. If you read foreign papers you would not think the same. American papers were writing for days that English didn't start it before English media realized they printed garbage. I am not saying Englands fans are angels, but they certainly are not the worst in the world and they have been targeted unfairly here. It seems they tried to make English look like a scape goat and had to U turn because of the amount of evidence.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/13/euro-2016-french-fail-to-arrest-any-russian-hooligans-after-mars/

Euro 2016: 150 'hyper-violent' Russian hooligans escaped police in Marseille and are set to ambush England fans again in Lille

I suppose when the English defend themselves we will get blamed and thrown out of Europe then.

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #126: Jun 13, 2016 03:39:40 pm
      Who said it had anything with hating England you soft c**t, anyone with half a brain could of told you it would go off between the English, the Russians and the immigrant population of Marseille. But saying that your friends might of been in another part of Marseille like the lads of one lad I know who said he'd spoke to them yesterday and they didn't he even have a clue when they got to the ground there had been trouble because they hadn't stayed around the port area.

Again their F***ing parents want their head testing for taking them to Marseille.

You don't even go the match so you can shut the F**k up and stick to moaning about getting out of the EU you cheeky attention seeking c**t.

Who said I was commending the stuff that went on over the weekend, but if you didn't think that was gonna kick off like the way it did, you are one thick tw*t. It was always going to kick off like that in Marseille.

The only thing i said about hating England. Its cool on this site to hate England. No two ways about it, you guys all trip over yourselves to get the digs in. Worse than bitters some on here with their obsessive anti-England sentiments.

You mentioned karma I said theres people there getting caught up in the violence who just want to get smashed and enjoy the football. English or otherwise
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,623 posts | 759 
      Reply #127: Jun 13, 2016 04:04:11 pm
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #128: Jun 13, 2016 06:45:39 pm
      BBC finally reporting this: French prosecutors said 150 Russians were behind the most serious clashes before Saturday's 1-1 draw between the two sides in Marseille.

This was reported in America days ago. Good job BBC, you finally got the facts right after making it sound like England's fault.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #129: Jun 13, 2016 07:29:52 pm
      6 England fans given prison sentences ranging from 1 to 3 months in length.  Banned from re-entering France for 2 years.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,797 posts | 892 
      Reply #130: Jun 13, 2016 07:34:31 pm
      I think it's become abundantly clear that England fans have been targeted or set up, and have wrongly been tarnished with the hooligan brush. There have been plenty of recordings of fights, but in any recording that shows the actual start of the contention, the English were attacked each time. Yes they responded - throwing bottles, chairs etc. but wouldn't other countries do the same?

I guarantee, if the Russians attacked French fans, Spanish fans, Welsh fans or Irish, there would be recordings of those fans fighting. Fighting back, but fighting nonetheless. Retaliating.. just like the English. It is easy to find evidence of the English fans fighting, but given how they have been attacked - almost like a war zone - it is no surprise that they are fighting.

Hope they'll be no more of it, but for England to be threatened with a tournament ban is a joke. Collymore had evidence of French youths openly attacking English fans after the game - a planned attack - and there are other similar reports, but the French have avoided any warnings.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      Reply #131: Jun 13, 2016 10:09:54 pm
      I guarantee, if the Russians attacked French fans, Spanish fans, Welsh fans or Irish, there would be recordings of those fans fighting. Fighting back, but fighting nonetheless. Retaliating.. just like the English.

Joking aren't you? The French would have the white flags straight up.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #132: Jun 13, 2016 10:12:15 pm
      Joking aren't you? The French would have the white flags straight up.

Have you heard the new tank that the French military have built? It's got 6 gears - 5 to go backwards and 1 to go forward...just in case the enemy attacks from behind. ;)
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,009 posts | 225 
      Reply #133: Jun 13, 2016 10:20:06 pm
      looks like the 1st bit of trouble with the locals, are they remembering 1998 and trying to get some sort of revenge 
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #134: Jun 14, 2016 01:23:22 am
      6 England fans given prison sentences ranging from 1 to 3 months in length.  Banned from re-entering France for 2 years.

I read one of the tw*ts a 20 year old sobbed in court.

Not so hard now lad are ya?

There was very clear footage emerging of English yobs thrashing bars and cafes in Marseille days before the Russians arrived. Throwing bottles on streets and harassing locals and calling out for ISIS.

I am sorry don't care where you are from and who you support that dickhead behaviour will get your head kicked in, so shut up and take it like a man now.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #135: Jun 14, 2016 01:25:24 am
      looks like the 1st bit of trouble with the locals, are they remembering 1998 and trying to get some sort of revenge 

No maybe they don't appreciate having their towns thrashed by drunken idiots.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      Reply #136: Jun 14, 2016 06:25:41 am
      Haven't really seen anyone saying there wasn't drunken thuggery from English. It's just that it wasn't just them.

I feel for the folk who got caught up in it.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #137: Jun 14, 2016 06:51:10 am
      Haven't really seen anyone saying there wasn't drunken thuggery from English. It's just that it wasn't just them.

I feel for the folk who got caught up in it.

Agree hence the last line in my post;

"I am sorry don't care where you are from and who you support that dickhead behaviour will get your head kicked in, so shut up and take it like a man now"
      « Last Edit: Jun 14, 2016 10:39:47 am by JD »

Quick Reply