Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Chelsea [League Cup] Wed 26th Sep @ 7:45 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Anfield

Today is the 26th of September and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D7 L8

Sadio Mané Player Thread

Read 45455 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,749 posts | 611 
      Re: Sadio Mane Player Thread
      Reply #600: Oct 12, 2017 01:23:11 pm
      I didn't miss the point. PL v PL is a lot different than Senegal v Cape Verde.
      Do you think we would be able to rest players 2-0 against Halifax town?
      Please don't try to make out people missed the point, just because your point is irrelevant.
      You do miss the point..... You are compering Senegal v Cape Verde as if it makes a difference... In the 2002 World Cup after winning the World Cup in 1998 beating Brazil in the finals and the Euro's 2000 beating Italy France were knocked out of their group after failing to win a single game, which included a lost in the first game to Senegal  :o You could hardly put Senegal in the same league as France

The point being... It is football and anything can happen..... Stoke putting 6 past us...??
      Ribapuru
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,813 posts | 845 
      Reply #601: Oct 15, 2017 08:01:45 pm
      You do miss the point..... You are compering Senegal v Cape Verde as if it makes a difference... In the 2002 World Cup after winning the World Cup in 1998 beating Brazil in the finals and the Euro's 2000 beating Italy France were knocked out of their group after failing to win a single game, which included a lost in the first game to Senegal  :o You could hardly put Senegal in the same league as France

The point being... It is football and anything can happen..... Stoke putting 6 past us...??
      i can't make sense of all that, half of it is unreadable.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,633 posts | 2323 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #602: Oct 16, 2017 08:48:06 am
      Never allowed to go on another International break again. F**k Senegal!!!

Get well soon Sadio. Really f**king soon, please.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 32,899 posts | 2896 
      Reply #603: Oct 16, 2017 09:40:29 am
      It's hardly surprising to most of us. We were crying out loud for the lack of depth in pre-season.

While there is a refusal to feed the asset that is LFC this fuckuppery of us depending on a sole target man will continue.

Why did Mourinho  and a host of other teams park the bus in the certain knowledge that tactic will be our undoing.

The world and his f**king wife know we are devoid of attacking options, so much so the counter strategy is schoolboy stuff - blanket defence will get you a goal on the break or at least a point,

Won't win the Prem with a refusal to commit financially to the club and any thoughts of glory in Europe are fantasy.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,817 posts | 3537 
      Reply #604: Oct 18, 2017 02:20:43 pm
      Injured him once.  Want to have another go at it.

Liverpool forward Sadio Mane has been included in Senegal's squad for next month's World Cup qualifiers despite his existing hamstring strain.

Mane had been an injury doubt for the home and away games against South Africa on 10 and 14 November.

"In my mind, there is no doubt he will be us for the double header against South Africa and that he will be 100% fit," said Senegal coach Aliou Cisse.

Liverpool said the forward could be out for up to six weeks on 10 October.

Three days earlier, he had damaged his hamstring in the 2-0 win over Cape Verde in Praia and was substituted in the 89th minute.

"Until now, he has just been doing some individual training - running in straight lines - but from next week, he is going to train harder and start working with the ball," added former Birmingham City midfielder Cisse.

It is unclear when Mane will return to action, having already missed Liverpool's Premier League draw with Manchester United and the 7-0 thrashing of Maribor in the Champions League.

BBC
      Robby The Z
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,712 posts | 472 
      Reply #605: Oct 18, 2017 03:20:06 pm
      So doyou reckon he will miss 9 matches for us and then make his return, not for us, but for Senegal, with two matches in four days?

I know these are important matches for them but, surely they should have some regard for his long-term well being.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 18,673 posts | 4318 
      • YNWA
      Reply #606: Oct 18, 2017 03:25:37 pm
      So doyou reckon he will miss 9 matches for us and then make his return, not for us, but for Senegal, with two matches in four days?

I know these are important matches for them but, surely they should have some regard for his long-term well being.

Nah. They can go f**k themselves.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,303 posts | 1564 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #607: Oct 19, 2017 07:52:55 am
      Selfish Senegal, first they broke him then we pamper him for weeks and then play him 2 games in 4 days. No way, Klopp have balls with them.
      Ribapuru

• 8,813 posts | 845 
      Reply #608: Oct 19, 2017 10:12:22 am
      No player should be called up when they are still injured, absolutely no respect for LFC. Klopp can't stop him being called up, but he can certainly talk to Mane and ask him to pull out until he is better.
      Ribapuru

• 8,813 posts | 845 
      Reply #609: Oct 19, 2017 10:12:58 am

Senegal called him up whilst he is still injured, am I still missing the point?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,633 posts | 2323 
      Reply #610: Oct 20, 2017 11:21:08 am
      F**k off Senegal. Not like you are going to win the World Cup anyway you cu*ts.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,303 posts | 1564 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #611: Nov 04, 2017 11:35:00 am
      F**k, he's fit for the international break. Don't get me wrong, I want him back on the field in no time. If he is fit for 20 mins I would give him that amount but first they injured him for us and now he is just ready for them :(
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 32,899 posts | 2896 
      Reply #612: Nov 04, 2017 11:55:09 am
      Every b***ard time he is selected they kick f**k out of him and he returns crocked and no f**king good to anyone.

Klopp must be f**king fuming, we pay the lad's wages, nurture him to match fitness after his previous international leg breaker just in time for the next one.

F***ing mad that it costs us loads and his home country who cause the problem pay f**k all.
      « Last Edit: Nov 04, 2017 03:24:51 pm by stuey »
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,746 posts | 136 
      Reply #613: Nov 04, 2017 12:03:51 pm
      The club pays the player's wages. Should be able to block the call up, on this occasion.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 678 posts | 191 
      Reply #614: Nov 04, 2017 03:12:44 pm
      Every b***ard time he is selected they kick f**k out of him and he returns cracked and no f**king good to anyone.

Klopp must be f**king fuming, we pay the lad's wages, nurture him to match fitness after his previous international leg breaker just in time for the next one.

F***ing mad that it costs us loads and his home country who cause the problem pay f**k all.

Bang on Stuey. Senegal run him into the ground and send him back each break tired and banged up. That's messed up. We don't don't do that to them. Screw that
      Scottbot

• 6,797 posts | 992 
      Reply #615: Nov 04, 2017 03:18:08 pm
      Huge boost he is back today. Fingers crossed they look after him on international duty.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 32,899 posts | 2896 
      Reply #616: Nov 04, 2017 03:29:22 pm
      Huge boost he is back today. Fingers crossed they look after him on international duty.

They never "looked after him" previously mate.
      Every f**king time he comes back as damaged goods.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 196 
      Reply #617: Nov 04, 2017 03:36:03 pm
      I dunno maybe the guy is proud and wants to help Senegal reach the world cup?
      Swab

• 9,697 posts | 1576 
      Reply #618: Nov 04, 2017 03:45:24 pm
      National associations are required, under FIFA and UEFA rules to compensate a club if a player is injured on international duty, in a tournament or qualifying match.

Someone trying to make himself out to be an expert gets it wrong yet again.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 678 posts | 191 
      Reply #619: Nov 04, 2017 09:38:21 pm
      Him, Ox, and Salah on the pitch together..... Oh the pace. He played great today. He compliments Mo so well. Nice to have him back
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,749 posts | 611 
      Reply #620: Nov 04, 2017 09:42:42 pm
      Senegal called him up whilst he is still injured, am I still missing the point?
      That is a different point....
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,086 posts | 2267 
      Reply #621: Nov 04, 2017 09:45:33 pm
      That was Mane in his first game back after injury, insane player.

Him and Salah together are going to terrorise defences.
      Dadorious
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,522 posts | 869 
      Reply #622: Nov 05, 2017 05:01:21 am
      Love him.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,633 posts | 2323 
      Reply #623: Nov 05, 2017 09:23:03 pm
      Don't think Klopp should have played him.

Now Senegal are expecting him to play for them.

Should have played sick for another week.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,492 posts | 183 
      Reply #624: Nov 05, 2017 10:02:15 pm
      Mane is a frightening player. I would worry about him and Coutinho with Barca looming. However, at the moment, with Mane, Coutinho, Salah and Firmino we have an extremely potent attacking force. We need to be able to defend set pieces and the counter as teams are going to sit deep with that lot around.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,708 posts | 210 
      Reply #625: Nov 06, 2017 01:23:39 am
      Shame that the international break is upon us but I wouldn’t want to deny Sadio the opportunity to play for his country and determine what they are up to this summer.
      Hard pill to swallow but he is basically fit now and wants to do right by his country.
      AZPatriot
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,686 posts | 1576 
      Reply #626: Nov 06, 2017 04:23:20 pm
      Don't think Klopp should have played him.

Now Senegal are expecting him to play for them.

Should have played sick for another week.

The manager from Senegal said 2 weeks ago that without question he was going to play.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,455 posts | 1209 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #627: Nov 06, 2017 04:33:39 pm
      Not sure if i will watch the game v south Africa as every move will have me worried
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,872 posts | 1508 
      Reply #628: Nov 06, 2017 06:22:25 pm
      Turning into a Rolls Royce of a player.

That he’s such a nice lad is a bonus.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,633 posts | 2323 
      Reply #629: Nov 07, 2017 01:25:17 am
      The manager from Senegal said 2 weeks ago that without question he was going to play.

F**k the Manager of Senegal.

Hope he doesn't play him for the full 90.

Quick Reply