Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Sadio Mané (Liverpool > Bayern Munich)

Read 259252 times
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Re: Sadio Mane Player Thread
      Reply #621: Nov 07, 2017 10:19:24 am
      WTF is this Senegal Mane just back from injury. I think the club have to play smart and issue a non 100% fit statement and not release Mane. meaningless games. And I hope non of the players like Lallana ran 500 km/hr and got himself praised sky high and got injured for 6 mths and the rest of the players has to shoulder his responsibility. Foolish.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #622: Nov 07, 2017 01:28:48 pm
      WTF is this Senegal Mane just back from injury. I think the club have to play smart and issue a non 100% fit statement and not release Mane. meaningless games. And I hope non of the players like Lallana ran 500 km/hr and got himself praised sky high and got injured for 6 mths and the rest of the players has to shoulder his responsibility. Foolish.

Problem is, Senegal can still insist he joins the squad and have him looked at by their own medics, who will then find he is fit.
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 807 posts | 112 
      Reply #623: Nov 11, 2017 02:39:38 am
      Senegal qualified with a game in hand, so he better be rested for that match.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #624: Nov 13, 2017 07:41:54 am
      So he is coming back home after 'slightly feeling an old injury' according to the Senegalese FA, just love the international break, souness's old addage of lending someone your car and getting it back not working is very appropriate
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #625: Nov 13, 2017 12:28:53 pm
      So he is injured again then. How many times has this happened now? Surely the club have to make a bit of a stand? I know they are a little bit powerless on this front but a public statement of some description or at least a quote from someone to ask some questions should be forthcoming.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #627: Nov 13, 2017 12:54:11 pm
      Anyone think this a little smokescreen by Sadio so that he gets back early and doesn't risk further injury? I do. I'd say LFC and his national team had a bit of an agreement....he helps them go through and they send him back as he has a slight niggle. Win win for everyone.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #628: Nov 13, 2017 01:00:10 pm
      Anyone think this a little smokescreen by Sadio so that he gets back early and doesn't risk further injury? I do. I'd say LFC and his national team had a bit of an agreement....he helps them go through and they send him back as he has a slight niggle. Win win for everyone.

Yeah, I was thinking the same too. Perhaps Senegal needed to make an excuse so that the Senegalese people wouldn't go nuts at him missing out on their final home match.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #629: Nov 13, 2017 03:57:08 pm

Yeah, I was thinking the same too. Perhaps Senegal needed to make an excuse so that the Senegalese people wouldn't go nuts at him missing out on their final home match.

I really wish that both of you are right. I really wish.

We need his speed and chemistry with Salah.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #630: Nov 13, 2017 08:46:14 pm

I hope and pay this is the situation, rather than he's injured again. How many times have we been handicapped with players returning from internationals injured. And there's the spuds, blagging it, to keep their players at home, then the manager states they're alright now, recovered.
      Well what a f**king miracle that was. Need to pay homage to whoever performed that one. Or has he already been paid, in Dollars.
      otherwise, why weren't the spuds players forced to turn up for England and get tested by the medical team there. How were they allowed to stay away.  F***ing scandalous that.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 376 
      Reply #631: Nov 13, 2017 11:36:59 pm
      said this at the time, was astonished he played against west ham. ok great, we won. But why risk it ? just keep him out and dont send him on international duty? extra 2 weeks ffs!  really seems odd to push someone back from a hamstring injury quickly!
      Kopite78
      Reply #632: Nov 14, 2017 12:25:56 am
      said this at the time, was astonished he played against west ham. ok great, we won. But why risk it ? just keep him out and dont send him on international duty? extra 2 weeks ffs!  really seems odd to push someone back from a hamstring injury quickly!

They could have called him up if we played him against West ham or not.

So that doesn't really matter
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 376 
      Reply #633: Nov 14, 2017 12:38:47 am
      They could have called him up if we played him against West ham or not.

So that doesn't really matter

well it does. far easier for them to play him after he plays for us.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #634: Nov 14, 2017 04:35:49 am

You said it as if he was forced to play for his country. That last game mattered a great deal to him since it's his chance to play at the World Cup on the line. Every single player in the world, especially top player, wants to play at the World Cup. You gotta respect that. 
      Kopite78
      Reply #635: Nov 14, 2017 10:59:12 am

Not really

Played him or not they would have still called him up, we can't stop them. Then their doctors look at him and declare him fit (he was) and he plays

He wants to play, unless he lies to them to say he's unfit (which he wont) then he would play regardless of us playing him or not at West ham
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #636: Nov 14, 2017 12:15:41 pm
      He was named in the squad by Senegal before the west ham game
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #637: Nov 14, 2017 07:01:16 pm

Senegal can call him up and have him assessed by their own medics.

That's the rule now.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #638: Nov 14, 2017 07:11:50 pm
      Senegal can call him up and have him assessed by their own medics.

That's the rule now.

These Senegal medics are genius. Their impeccable timing on how long it takes between running him into the ground and recovery is perfect. Their math must be Mayan good because he is broke up with us in-between Int. breaks and fit enough to play 90+ minutes with them.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #639: Nov 30, 2017 10:28:03 am
      Back to his best yesterday. Goal and assist, should have had another goal..
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #640: Nov 30, 2017 10:35:25 am
      Miss him playing down the right. But Salah is looking lethal on that side so for now Mane will have to do his business down the left.

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #641: Nov 30, 2017 01:37:04 pm
      I'm sensing an edge to Sadios game at the moment that he can have in his game. He was my MoTM against Stoke but I think that row with Klopp after the Chelsea game isn't far from his mind.

No bad thing if it can get him back to last seasons form, but something to keep an eye on IMO. Looks like a man with something to prove though.
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 83 
      Reply #642: Nov 30, 2017 03:53:04 pm
      Mo Salah is on fire at the moment and having the best form of his career.

However, I believe still that the best player at the club is Mane. And I feel he could be better than Suarez if he gets his rhythm going.

Got everything you need, Pace Power and I think that nasty edge we haven't had since Luis left.

Love the lad.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #643: Nov 30, 2017 06:31:07 pm
      He needs game time because he looked rusty with his shooting. Played good yesterday, nice assist as well.

Quick Reply