Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 9th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P11 W6 D4 L1

Sadio Mané (Liverpool > Bayern Munich)

Read 266989 times
      Borg
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 318 posts | 80 
      Re: Sadio Mané Player Thread
      Reply #1725: Mar 17, 2022 02:17:40 pm
      https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/klopp-mane-furious-liverpool-arsenal-26488457

Klopp goes to bat for Sadio as a loyal manager should, but let's be real, the ease with which Mane goes to ground is reminiscent of Luis 'the ear nibbler' Suarez's days at LFC.

And being Mane's biggest cheerleader, it pains me to admit Sadio is mentally off his game.

Like the boy who cried wolf, refs aren't buying what Mane is selling regardless of the level of brutality.
      And no doubt refs are factoring in Mane's pension for hacking fouls on the opposition...as if he's an extension of James Milner.
      Then there's his high rate of offsides.

Three issues....all controlled by the mental aspect of the game, and Sadio has been affected by each.

I despise 'theatrics' and am grateful the PL has done an outstanding job minimizing/ignoring embellishment, unlike the pure nonsense on display by most every Spanish and Italian league team....so when I see an LFC player opt for theatrics, I have to be honest.

Stay on your feet, Sadio, and keep the play alive.
      Recognize the obvious, the refs are giving you no benefit of the doubt.

The greatest example in the sport is Messi who took beatings, didn't embellish or complain, and would get rewarded so often after marginal contact.
      -------------------------
      One has to wonder, with so much new competition for minutes among the forwards, if Mane's game is being influenced by the roster additions...first Jota and now Diaz.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #1726: Mar 17, 2022 03:48:04 pm
      Seem to remember Messi  moaning like F**k at Anfield and he did get protection. Mane does get singled out by Refs and so does Mo.
      If you keep getting hammered but not getting anything for it then you are bound to try to win fouls but I dont see t his as a problem with any of our players. These days ALL players go down once they feel the slightest contact.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,778 posts | 889 
      Reply #1727: Mar 17, 2022 05:36:35 pm
      The initial slow mo replay they showed of the "dive" seemed to show Mane's foot getting stood on. So possible contact, although he did throw himself down. Not seen anything further.. but not a dive if the contact was indeed there.

Other than that, he was on the end of several clear fouls.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,264 posts | 927 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1728: Mar 17, 2022 06:49:34 pm
      Frustrating to watch seems to want to take on one more than he should, and as for the diving…
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,331 posts | 8605 
      Reply #1729: Mar 17, 2022 10:30:16 pm
      Mane's F***ing boss, anyone saying otherwise can F**k right off!!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,697 posts | 3937 
      Reply #1730: Mar 17, 2022 10:43:44 pm
      Mane's f**king boss, anyone saying otherwise can f**k right off!!

Absolute machine that causes havoc mate - an elite player. Love him.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,828 posts | 6771 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1731: Mar 20, 2022 11:14:08 pm
      If Mo does go, I see Sadio going to a whole new level.

I reckon he's gonna take it on himself to be the Man!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,828 posts | 6771 
      Reply #1732: Apr 04, 2022 01:45:39 am

Klopp says he was impressed and touched by Mane insisting he wouldn’t revel in beating the nation of his team-mate twice in the past month. On his return to Anfield after both games, team-mates had planned a ‘celebration’, but out of respect to Salah, Mane asked that it was cancelled.
       “No doubt about it they are not only close, they are well educated, they are good boys, they are good humans.” said Klopp.
      “I really thought Sadio did particularly well with it to be honest and I am sure that Mo appreciates that as well. Even if it is your brother, then imagine he is playing for the other team and you have to play a final and one wins and the other loses. That is not a good situation for anyone. But for sure Sadio and Mo would consider themselves as friends, and they handled it well.”
      « Last Edit: Apr 04, 2022 02:26:14 am by AussieRed »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,331 posts | 8605 
      Reply #1733: Apr 04, 2022 07:56:01 pm

Klopp says he was impressed and touched by Mane insisting he wouldn’t revel in beating the nation of his team-mate twice in the past month. On his return to Anfield after both games, team-mates had planned a ‘celebration’, but out of respect to Salah, Mane asked that it was cancelled.
       “No doubt about it they are not only close, they are well educated, they are good boys, they are good humans.” said Klopp.
      “I really thought Sadio did particularly well with it to be honest and I am sure that Mo appreciates that as well. Even if it is your brother, then imagine he is playing for the other team and you have to play a final and one wins and the other loses. That is not a good situation for anyone. But for sure Sadio and Mo would consider themselves as friends, and they handled it well.”

Second time he's done it now, same thing after the Afcon win as well.

Mane's a F***ing great all round team player.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,828 posts | 6771 
      Reply #1734: Apr 05, 2022 01:15:45 am
      Sure is mate.

True Team Player.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,368 posts | 6400 
      Reply #1735: Apr 05, 2022 09:59:07 am
      Another player whose contract needs sorted eh?
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,697 posts | 3937 
      Reply #1736: Apr 05, 2022 10:00:12 am
      Be gutted if he doesn’t get a new contract
      Don77

• 6,590 posts | 1100 
      Reply #1737: Apr 05, 2022 10:31:10 am

Certainly no noise about a new contract for him.

Feels like Diaz is his replacement and the plan was to bring him in this summer with the money we got for mane.

Yes that's sounds negative as its great having the depth in our attacking options but it's just not how we work.

Now if Mo goes I can see Sadio possibly being offered fresh terms then ... he did start his career here on the right and moved to accommodate Mo.

You would think that if the club wanted to retain him it would have been done. Jürgen loves him.

Maybe they are talking who knows. But my gut tells me he will be sold in the summer. I'd very much like him to stay. Great pro, versatile and important member of the squad.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,308 posts | 768 
      Reply #1738: Apr 05, 2022 10:37:33 am
      Great team player, certainly deserves a new contract !
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #1739: Apr 05, 2022 01:01:19 pm

I would very shocked if he wasn't offered a new deal despite his production dipping a little the last couple years.

Think Salah contract will dictate what Mane will be looking for/offered as Mo if he does sign a deal will be the highest paid player and give Sadio idea what he think he should get from the club based in pay structure.
      CT_LFC

• 6,813 posts | 1406 
      Reply #1740: Apr 05, 2022 05:29:15 pm
      I don't see us keeping all of Bobby, Mane and Salah on long term deals, so i expect 1 will go. If Salah re-ups then i think Sadio is the most likely to leave since we have Diaz as direct replacement. We also need to consolidate up front since 7 forwards is too many. Maybe Mane and Big Div go and we bring in someone in his early 20s who plays RW as an understudy to Salah.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #1741: Apr 05, 2022 05:53:14 pm
      I think Jürgen really appreciates what Sadio does I love the guy he is an animal defenders hate him so I would be surprised to see him go.
      When Mo and Sadio are on form they are unplayable regardless of Mo getting more goals Sadio plays his part including really tracking back and defending.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1742: Apr 11, 2022 10:34:53 pm
      Anybody else appreciate the role he played in the centre when Diaz came on? I thought he was excellent in giving us an outlet, holding the ball up, and dropping back to create an extra man in midfield.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #1743: Apr 12, 2022 02:16:12 am
      Anybody else appreciate the role he played in the centre when Diaz came on? I thought he was excellent in giving us an outlet, holding the ball up, and dropping back to create an extra man in midfield.

It was a lot better then the first half for whatever reason just kept slipping and falling for no reason.

With comments about Mane will be the odd man out if Salah get resigned, seeing how Klopp had deployed him in the middle in recent weeks and the goals that have come from it that flexibility would make him more valuable going forward.
      CT_LFC

• 6,813 posts | 1406 
      Reply #1744: Apr 12, 2022 02:59:45 am
      It was a lot better then the first half for whatever reason just kept slipping and falling for no reason.

With comments about Mane will be the odd man out if Salah get resigned, seeing how Klopp had deployed him in the middle in recent weeks and the goals that have come from it that flexibility would make him more valuable going forward.

One thing that has been made clear the past few months, for those who were still in doubt, is that we are not dependent on Salah to score for the team to win. If Salah goes and Mane stays we’ll be just as fine.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,368 posts | 6400 
      Reply #1745: Apr 12, 2022 03:38:03 am
      One thing that has been made clear the past few months, for those who were still in doubt, is that we are not dependent on Salah to score for the team to win. If Salah goes and Mane stays we’ll be just as fine.

No weirder statement has been made. That’s not true at all.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,331 posts | 8605 
      Reply #1746: Apr 12, 2022 03:54:49 pm
      No weirder statement has been made. That’s not true at all.

It's perfectly F***ing true. We could let Salah go and we'd be alright. Remember all the crying over strikers before the Jan window, then up pops Diaz?
      __Tickle__
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,897 posts | 424 
      Reply #1747: Apr 16, 2022 07:49:10 pm
      Refound some form has Sadio. Just as Mo takes a dip in scoring form this man steps up to score big goals.

Always a warrior for this team.

Quick Reply