Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Klopp signs contract extension to 2022

Read 5550 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Klopp signs contract extension to 2022
      Jul 08, 2016 10:00:41 am
      https://twitter.com/MelissaReddy_/status/751339948947673088

SIX

JĆ¼rgen Klopp signs extended long-term LFC deal

Liverpool Football Club today announced JĆ¼rgen Klopp has committed his long-term future to the Reds by signing an extended contract.

Kloppā€™s senior staff Zeljko Buvac and Peter Krawietz have also lengthened their deals to continue a coaching relationship spanning two decades.

The move, which was initiated by the clubā€™s ownership, is in recognition of the commitment shown by the German and his staff to developing, improving and ultimately leading a football structure that will bring sustained success.

Since arriving at Anfield in October last year, Klopp has focused on player and team development, allied with introducing best practice to all facets of the first-team environment. Liverpoolā€™s owners believe that securing the services of a ā€˜world-class managerial talentā€™ for a long-term period is critical to achieving the overall ambitions for the organisation.

Principal owner John Henry, chairman Tom Werner and FSG president Mike Gordon today jointly said: ā€œWhen you have an individual of JĆ¼rgenā€™s quality in the building it makes perfect sense to secure that person for the long term. To not do so would be irresponsible.

ā€œThe overriding motivation behind this decision is JĆ¼rgenā€™s commitment to overall improvement and development. In JĆ¼rgen we have someone who is always looking ahead, always looking beyond his own wants and needs and putting the club first.

ā€œThe ideas and plans he has for the football infrastructure excite us and we believe it benefits the organisation to have JĆ¼rgen committed to Liverpool for a sustained period, to make sure he is here to oversee this development. By making this commitment to him, we are taking away any future distractions or doubt. We will move forward in partnership together, with confidence in each other and with the clubā€™s future at the forefront of every decision.

ā€œHe is a world-class managerial talent and his leadership will be critical to everything we hope to achieve in the years ahead.ā€

Klopp said: ā€œItā€™s hard to express in words how honoured myself, Zeljko and Peter feel by the commitment shown in us by the ownership and the club in general.

ā€œWe are very much at the beginning of our journey, but to already have the connection we have with this very special place is incredible.

ā€œI am the first to recognise that with this great commitment comes a great responsibility. All of our coaching careers we have looked to make teams and clubs better, with the ultimate goal of making the supporters proud and happy.

ā€œTo do this we have to make sure we always put player and team development at the heart of every major decision. It is my job to lead that and ensure every element of the LFC football environment reflects the best practices in the game. It is fantastic that the clubā€™s ownership is just as committed to this as we are.

ā€œThere is much to do and much to achieve and we look to do this by being the most completely together group anywhere in the world. Thatā€™s everyone and we all have responsibility for it - all of us who are part of this LFC family: players, staff, ownership and of course the supporters.

ā€œBy being together at all times, we will be stronger, better and our successes sweeter.ā€

Watch an exclusive interview with JĆ¼rgen Klopp on his contract extension on LFCTV and LFCTV GO from 6.30pm BST as part of our live coverage of Liverpoolā€™s friendly with Tranmere Rovers. Click here for details>>

Offal
      « Last Edit: Jul 08, 2016 10:47:51 am by what-a-hit-son »
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Re: Klopp signs contract extension to 2022
      Reply #1: Jul 08, 2016 10:02:47 am
      This is 1959 all over we have begun something special now we need the people with the funds to support him.
      Money is being spent like confetti we need to understand that no good trying to be the only club who isn't at the party.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2: Jul 08, 2016 10:03:17 am
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      Reply #3: Jul 08, 2016 10:05:49 am
      Fair play Melissa Reddy too. Getting in first before Joyce and Barrett regularly now. By seconds but she's doing it.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #4: Jul 08, 2016 10:06:27 am
      Fantastic news!

Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #5: Jul 08, 2016 10:07:26 am
      Right, now that bit is sorted, lets get onto signing some players and shipping a few out

Higuain anyone ?
      Kopite78
      Reply #6: Jul 08, 2016 10:31:56 am

Boss that

I genuinely feel he thinks he can and is building something, this summer people are complaining about what we are spending to what the others are spending but I think that Klopp knows what he is doing in terms of the overall feel of what he is working with.

We have a squad that needs moulding, but we don't have European football next season, so we need less players in theory that what we have needed last season, Klopp makes a big deal about training what he has and the difference he can make to the players in that area, so he may well look at this squad overall, or certainly the basis of it thinking that he can improve them by conditioning and tactically, he doesn't need an overinflated squad for next season due to that lack of European footy and if he looks at the core and thinks that they are good enough with what improvement he can impart on them who are we to argue at this juncture?

He will likely not want a squad for next season bigger than say 22-23' if he looks at two per position he may think that ins this summer aren't that dramatic

He's brought a keeper so he has two of them he is happy with

Full back
      Clyne will be 100% first choice and showed last season that his injury record and stamina is good and we have Flanno for back up
      Moreno, we may not be his biggest fans but Klopp may well think he can improve him on the training pitch at his age, then he really likes this Chilwell kid who is apparently very highly rated in the game.

CBS
      Look he probably thinks four is enough
      Lovren
      Matip
      Sakho
      Gomez

Now a lot there depends on Sakho's ban hearing next week, if he gets an additional I'd expect one more to come in but if he doesn't then those three will be first choices with young Gomez there who Klopp apparently rates highly and we saw enough at LB to see why, but if another comes in where does he get any minutes? And if he is that highly rated then he must get games or that talent won't come through

Let's say Klopp plays 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 this season as expected

Midfield
      Can
      Henderson
      Grujic

Will be in the mix, I know people don't like Hendo as a rule but if he can get back to his level of fitness then there isn't another player in this squad that suits Klopps style than Hendo, and for those who think he's sh*te then I'm sorry that's not right, at his best he is good enough.
      Grujic, same example as Gomez

But you can see why he wants one more and I'd imagine one more will come in.
      Lucas and Allen are still around and question marks are against both if they still will be, I'd imagine Allen won't but Lucas may well still be to give experience in the dressing room and cover in two positions.

Up front

He plays one as a main striker, so Sturridge, Origi and Ings will be those options

The 3 behind
      Lallana, Mane, Coutinho, Firmino, Markovic

Then there Milner who will still be here but could find himself at full back, in behind or cm this season at times.

There's Balotelli, Benteke, Alberto, Ibe, Illori etc to move on. There's kids like Brannagan, Ojo, Stewart who will probably still be here to think about.

I'm not sure he thinks that he 'needs' that much with what we are facing this season and what he feels he can do on the training pitch.
      A LB, a CM will likely do it for him but Imo we will have the money if something comes up later in the window for example Gotze who I still believe Klopp would take and make it work, or if something like an Isco for want of an example gets frozen out at Madrid and is hawked round the world and because it's late he lands at us and we have the funds and the will to make it work we can like Spurs did with Van Der Vaart a few years back.

If we go heavily for a new striker for example and Klopp only plays one then that squeezes someone out he doesn't want to, because if you are bringing one in then it's a wordie rather than someone with the understanding he's third choice ala Ings who will be content with that, but would Sturrdige be content with dropping to second or third?

Klopp is looking at a balance and a need this year and I'm happy to see how he can convert these players with his methods and training and set up.
      I think that what he's maybe thinking is league this year, get back into Europe with this squad and be in a position to add to a solid base next summer with the addition of Europe and the money to add two or three wordies

Signing for the sake of it with what we have and what he seems happy with causes more issues than it solves

Anyway I'm made up Klopp believes in us and has signed such a contract

Well in Kloppo
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #7: Jul 08, 2016 10:56:47 am
      Brilliant news although I'd like the contract to have been for longer. All we need now is for the owners to treble their bet spend budget, get rid of their policies visa vis only paying for young players and incentivised contracts, and we're onto something.

One thing I'm 100% convinced of is that if JĆ¼rgen has the tools he will do the job. It isn't a computer game though, he can't win the Champions League in consecutive seasons while managing Tranmere Rovers. FSG need to splash the cash and think big short term as well as long.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #8: Jul 08, 2016 11:31:41 am
      Might be best to save that picture and just repost it if we have a two week blip and the little girls start calling for him to be sacked.

Fantastic News .   Structure and Stability is  just what we need going forward. 
      Like has been said its what happened back in 1959 when a certain Scotsman took the reins.
      There is no manager out there that fits our own DNA  like Left Field JĆ¼rgen.
      Im over the moon.

If F.S.G. were only here for the short haul they wouldn't have gone beyond the original contract.

(Exiled : Looking forward to commentary from Princess.)
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,791 posts | 7190 
      Reply #9: Jul 08, 2016 11:38:22 am
      I bet a lot people do not know that one of Shankly's first signings was Rowdy Yates who was also a character in Rawhide played by one Clint Eastwood. I can see JĆ¼rgen in a Clint Eastwood role. This is going to be a great year.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,488 posts | 350 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #10: Jul 08, 2016 11:39:59 am
      Best signing of the summer!
      Medellin
      • Forum Youth Player

• 18 posts |
      Reply #11: Jul 08, 2016 11:45:45 am
      Givin it bifters!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      Reply #12: Jul 08, 2016 11:59:55 am
      If F.S.G. were only here for the short haul they wouldn't have gone beyond the original contract.

Not really.

The club having a top manager that is tied to a long contract adds to stability and so therefore is a lot more attractive to any potential buyer, no?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #13: Jul 08, 2016 12:00:05 pm

SIX

Liverpool Football Club today announced JĆ¼rgen Klopp has committed his long-term future to the Reds by signing an extended contract.

Kloppā€™s senior staff Zeljko Buvac and Peter Krawietz have also lengthened their deals to continue a coaching relationship spanning two decades.

The move, which was initiated by the clubā€™s ownership, is in recognition of the commitment shown by the German and his staff to developing, improving and ultimately leading a football structure that will bring sustained success.

Since arriving at Anfield in October last year, Klopp has focused on player and team development, allied with introducing best practice to all facets of the first-team environment. Liverpoolā€™s owners believe that securing the services of a ā€˜world-class managerial talentā€™ for a long-term period is critical to achieving the overall ambitions for the organisation.

Principal owner John Henry, chairman Tom Werner and FSG president Mike Gordon today jointly said: ā€œWhen you have an individual of JĆ¼rgenā€™s quality in the building it makes perfect sense to secure that person for the long term. To not do so would be irresponsible.

ā€œThe overriding motivation behind this decision is JĆ¼rgenā€™s commitment to overall improvement and development. In JĆ¼rgen we have someone who is always looking ahead, always looking beyond his own wants and needs and putting the club first.

ā€œThe ideas and plans he has for the football infrastructure excite us and we believe it benefits the organisation to have JĆ¼rgen committed to Liverpool for a sustained period, to make sure he is here to oversee this development. By making this commitment to him, we are taking away any future distractions or doubt. We will move forward in partnership together, with confidence in each other and with the clubā€™s future at the forefront of every decision.

ā€œHe is a world-class managerial talent and his leadership will be critical to everything we hope to achieve in the years ahead.ā€

Klopp said: ā€œItā€™s hard to express in words how honoured myself, Zeljko and Peter feel by the commitment shown in us by the ownership and the club in general.

ā€œWe are very much at the beginning of our journey, but to already have the connection we have with this very special place is incredible.

ā€œI am the first to recognise that with this great commitment comes a great responsibility. All of our coaching careers we have looked to make teams and clubs better, with the ultimate goal of making the supporters proud and happy.

ā€œTo do this we have to make sure we always put player and team development at the heart of every major decision. It is my job to lead that and ensure every element of the LFC football environment reflects the best practices in the game. It is fantastic that the clubā€™s ownership is just as committed to this as we are.

ā€œThere is much to do and much to achieve and we look to do this by being the most completely together group anywhere in the world. Thatā€™s everyone and we all have responsibility for it - all of us who are part of this LFC family: players, staff, ownership and of course the supporters.

ā€œBy being together at all times, we will be stronger, better and our successes sweeter.ā€

Watch an exclusive interview with JĆ¼rgen Klopp on his contract extension on LFCTV and LFCTV GO from 6.30pm BST as part of our live coverage of Liverpoolā€™s friendly with Tranmere Rovers. Click here for details>>

Offal

Apart from FSG selling up this is the second best news we could get in my opinion. I know some will say it's PR blah, blah blah, couldn't give a F**k it's exactly what I wanted and I think it is fantastic news for our club.

Delighted, well in JĆ¼rgen.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #14: Jul 08, 2016 12:00:27 pm
      Nice work, begs the question why we didn't just sign him to 6 years to start though :D

Looking forward to see what he can do and long may he reign at LFC.

Now that's sorted, can we please go buy some more players??!!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #15: Jul 08, 2016 12:05:48 pm

SIX

Offal

Great news all round I reckon. The man has my utmost respect and that's setting aside the fact that he's our manager.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #16: Jul 08, 2016 12:18:33 pm
      Now Piers Morgan and the Gooners really will be crying.
       ;D

http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2016/03/piers-morgan-why-arsenal-and-JĆ¼rgen-klopp-are-breaking-my-heart/
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,739 posts | 3948 
      Reply #17: Jul 08, 2016 12:25:49 pm
      Wow amazing!! Let the man work.

Love it xxxxxxx
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #18: Jul 08, 2016 12:27:39 pm
      What's interesting in the article is all the background stuff he's involved with too.

It's not necessarily at Board level but it seems we've finally got "that football guy" directing the Club after all.

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,732 posts | 3742 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #19: Jul 08, 2016 12:31:57 pm
      The owners were feeling that other clubs were stealing the spotlight with their managers so they decided to steal back the spotlight :P

Apart from my non sense, it is a big and wonderful deal to tie Klopp and his men :)
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #20: Jul 08, 2016 12:55:24 pm
      Interesting article basically saying Klopp is numero uno at the club, might put an end to the ridiculous manager v committee signings debates!

https://twitter.com/timessport/status/751375856933695488

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #21: Jul 08, 2016 01:07:41 pm
      We have the best manager in the world committed to us for the next 6 years!

What a day what a wonderful day!!!!!
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #22: Jul 08, 2016 01:08:40 pm
      Great news ! !
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts | 53 
      Reply #23: Jul 08, 2016 01:24:00 pm
      I bet a lot people do not know that one of Shankly's first signings was Rowdy Yates who was also a character in Rawhide played by one Clint Eastwood. I can see JĆ¼rgen in a Clint Eastwood role. This is going to be a great year.

Like it..I can just see JĆ¼rgen rocking up at Mellwood on his horse   :action-smiley-035:
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #24: Jul 08, 2016 01:49:17 pm
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #25: Jul 08, 2016 02:05:47 pm
      Good news.

The best possible man for the job and seems to be up for the challenge.

Club needs to work towards making sure he gets everything he needs to do the job because it won't be easy. Really hope he is able to drive the owners and club to remember who we are and what our priority should always be.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #26: Jul 08, 2016 03:38:53 pm

Can't be doing with him either. Just being awkward for the sake of being awkward. Piss poor journalism.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #27: Jul 08, 2016 04:07:58 pm
      Well in JĆ¼rgen
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #28: Jul 08, 2016 04:18:00 pm
      I'm so F***ing made up Klopp has been tied down to another 6 years,just what we needed as a club...
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,336 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #29: Jul 08, 2016 08:23:01 pm
      You won't get a better signing than this all year. Top man who if getting the funds could well bring the glory days back to Anfield.
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #30: Jul 08, 2016 09:31:20 pm
      And people talk about lack of quality signings. ;D Well in!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #31: Jul 08, 2016 09:34:30 pm
      Good stuff! Less than a year since taking charge and he's been given a new long term contract. Goes to show just how much he has rejuvenated the club. Madness to think we waited until the season had started to give BR the boot.

Can't think of anyone better to take the club forward.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #32: Jul 08, 2016 11:22:21 pm
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #33: Jul 08, 2016 11:27:51 pm
      Tony Barrett & TaW are saying that this new contract is not only for the 6 years but basically FSG has given him entire control and final say about what happens at the club; he is free to do what he wants. He will have a respectable budget and that there is no more TC vs MGR argument..in the end it begins and ends with JĆ¼rgen.

No more TC per say a (as in our pick vs mgr. pick), he can hire/fire as he wants and Ian Ayre's replacement will be chosen by Klopp; FSG has abandoned the idea of a "sporting director" or even a "Moneyball" idea..Klopp will answer directly to Gordon, Warner & Henry only.

As said on TaW they have put 100% of the long term eggs into the JĆ¼rgen Klopp basket and have basically committed over Ā£50+ million pounds in salary guarantees over the next 6 years to him along with his eyes & brain.

Rumor has it that earlier this year JĆ¼rgen was a bit unhappy about how work was being done in regards to transfers and internal operations...FSG caught wind of his unhappiness and this contract (more so than the money) was a transfer of control of the club into his hands where there is zero doubt as too who makes the rules. He now has it in contractual writing with the owners signature a total control of Liverpool Football club which stands as a big reversal of these owners ideas on management.

IMO if they are going this route they will back him financially; I do not however believe that JĆ¼rgen will go on a massive spending spree straight away...with this contract he has basically been told to build this club back up and focus on the future.

To bad we could not have done this 5 years ago.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #34: Jul 08, 2016 11:56:15 pm
      Tony Barrett & TaW are saying that this new contract is not only for the 6 years but basically FSG has given him entire control and final say about what happens at the club; he is free to do what he wants. He will have a respectable budget and that there is no more TC vs MGR argument..in the end it begins and ends with JĆ¼rgen.

No more TC per say a (as in our pick vs mgr. pick), he can hire/fire as he wants and Ian Ayre's replacement will be chosen by Klopp; FSG has abandoned the idea of a "sporting director" or even a "Moneyball" idea..Klopp will answer directly to Gordon, Warner & Henry only.

As said on TaW they have put 100% of the long term eggs into the JĆ¼rgen Klopp basket and have basically committed over Ā£50+ million pounds in salary guarantees over the next 6 years to him along with his eyes & brain.

Rumor has it that earlier this year JĆ¼rgen was a bit unhappy about how work was being done in regards to transfers and internal operations...FSG caught wind of his unhappiness and this contract (more so than the money) was a transfer of control of the club into his hands where there is zero doubt as too who makes the rules. He now has it in contractual writing with the owners signature a total control of Liverpool Football club which stands as a big reversal of these owners ideas on management.

IMO if they are going this route they will back him financially; I do not however believe that JĆ¼rgen will go on a massive spending spree straight away...with this contract he has basically been told to build this club back up and focus on the future.

Last throw of the dice mate.

They know what we're capable of but haven't a clue how to get us there and so far every turn they've made hasn't worked.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #35: Jul 08, 2016 11:58:32 pm
      Last throw of the dice mate.

They know what we're capable of but haven't a clue how to get us there and so far every turn they've made hasn't worked.

Pretty much Debs..so we can figure they will back him but I don't see him going out and spending just for the hell of it...he will build his spine out with a core position tied to long term deals and then supplement in a few big heavy hitters.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #36: Jul 09, 2016 12:01:37 am

I like the idea of Klopp as director of football as well as manager and Coach.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #37: Jul 09, 2016 12:15:36 am
      Excellent news,well done Fenway and to JĆ¼rgen Klopp for committing himself to the club.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #38: Jul 09, 2016 12:20:24 am

Great news!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #39: Jul 09, 2016 12:28:51 am
      Pretty much Debs..so we can figure they will back him but I don't see him going out and spending just for the hell of it...he will build his spine out with a core position tied to long term deals and then supplement in a few big heavy hitters.

Don't care if they're big hitters or tiny cogs mate, if they compliment his vision that'll do for me. 

It's always been about getting his players for his style from my pov mate.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #40: Jul 09, 2016 01:19:51 am

Wait, I thought Klopp didn't do heavy hitters and we shouldnt be expecting any? Or am I reading this wrong?

And why would they have had to give him total control when he said himself last year that he already had full control over transfers?

Sometimes I think stuff on TAW is just tossed at a wall to see what sticks. Think I'd take their theories and commentary with a grain of salt.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #41: Jul 09, 2016 01:51:58 am
      Absolutely delighted with this!

Agree with FLs view on TAW I fill a jar full of salt everytime I listen to them.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #42: Jul 09, 2016 04:00:24 am
      Wait, I thought Klopp didn't do heavy hitters and we shouldnt be expecting any? Or am I reading this wrong?

And why would they have had to give him total control when he said himself last year that he already had full control over transfers?

Sometimes I think stuff on TAW is just tossed at a wall to see what sticks. Think I'd take their theories and commentary with a grain of salt.

They were quoting Barrett and it was not about the transfers is was control of everything up to and including who will negotiate the deals and who will replace Ayre; he is now the de facto manager, sporting director & chief executive reporting only to Henry, Warner & Gordon, Ian Ayre is an empty suit.

And honestly FL I would take they're opinions over most as Barrett & Reddy seem to get pretty solid information from the club.

You keep your opinion, enjoy it, for myself I was just posting what I heard & read; whether it be true or not we can only go by the managers actions & words.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #43: Jul 09, 2016 04:10:27 am
      They were quoting Barrett and it was not about the transfers is was control of everything up to and including who will negotiate the deals and who will replace Ayre; he is now the de facto manager, sporting director & chief executive reporting only to Henry, Warner & Gordon, Ian Ayre is an empty suit.

And honestly FL I would take they're opinions over most as Barrett & Reddy seem to get pretty solid information from the club.

You keep your opinion, enjoy it, for myself I was just posting what I heard & read; whether it be true or not we can only go by the managers actions & words.

What about the heavy hitters part? I thought you said Klopp doesn't do that?
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #44: Jul 09, 2016 05:19:37 am
      What about the heavy hitters part? I thought you said Klopp doesn't do that?

Your right FL I've been found out.

If we get somebody like that next year or the following one make sure and bookmark my posts so you can call me to the mat on that one.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #45: Jul 09, 2016 06:19:54 am
      I was strongly against Houllier getting a new contract - the year before he was sacked

I was also against Rafa getting a new contract - the year before he was sacked

Again I was against Brendan getting a new contract - the year before he was sacked

Happy JĆ¼rgen has a new long term contract, but in all honesty I'm not dancing with delight like most are... the end of this season would have been quite soon enough for me. I do think these 3 year contracts for new managers FSG seem to like are a mistake, as they force a decision too early imo. 

Anyway back to the dancing with delight.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #46: Jul 09, 2016 09:22:05 am

Too bad indeed  AZ.

Have to put the past down to a learning curve.

Rookie owners who first employed a rookie manager.

The future looks bright.

Klopp can pick Ayres replacement . ?   

Thats going to be interesting !
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #47: Jul 09, 2016 11:52:42 am
      Your right FL I've been found out.

If we get somebody like that next year or the following one make sure and bookmark my posts so you can call me to the mat on that one.

Hey, you are the one that's argued till you are blue in the face to anyone that would or wouldn't listen that Klopp doesn't do that, I just found it odd that you'd change your stance so quickly because Klopp now has "full control", something he already assured us he had months ago. :D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #48: Jul 10, 2016 09:44:41 am
      Don't shoot the messenger .

I've posted how I fully support the decision for JĆ¼rgen's new contract as most do ....but this is put on here for Open Debate.

As Ian Hislop said this week.
      "The Brexiteers may have won but the Remainers should still be allowed the right of debate."

True : Thats why Parliament have a Government and  an Opposition

ā€œIt is not going too far to say the owners are infatuated with the manager.
      Being in love with the German is fine on the Kop; in the boardroom, itā€™s more dangerous.
      Liverpoolā€™s era of success was built on hard-eyed, sometimes brutal, footballing Darwinism.
      The new contract offer suggests accountability is no longer in vogue at Anfield.

ā€œIt is also a boneheaded business move.
      Klopp was already paid in the region of Ā£7 million per year and the earliest negotiations for an extension would have taken place at most clubs would be next summer, when the German had a year left on his contract plus the option of another 12 months.

That would have given the owners ā€“ and the manager ā€“ a chance to see whether there were real signs of progression and whether the honeymoon mood will continue.ā€

Essentially Evans is arguing that a new contract should have been awarded in 12 monthsā€™ time once weā€™d given Klopp the chance to work with a squad of his creation, following a full summer pre-season.

He cannot understand why following an eighth placed finish and two Cup Final defeats the decision to extend Kloppā€™s deal has already been made.

Does Tony Evans have a valid point ?

Asking the Question .
      (Now who do I sound like ?  ;D)

http://www.espnfc.us/english-premier-league/23/blog/post/2909245/liverpool-should-invest-more-in-the-club-than-JĆ¼rgen-klopp

Its entitled  Act Of Madness

Liverpool supporters have welcomed the news that Fenway Sports Group have extended JĆ¼rgen Klopp's contract. The American owners have been so impressed by the German's impact that, a mere 10 months into his tenure, they have locked him into the job until 2022. "Not to do so would be irresponsible," an FSG statement said.

It is an act of madness; far from being a positive development, it reflects the haphazard way Liverpool are being run.

Klopp was under contract until 2018, with the option to stay at Anfield another year.

The 49-year-old certainly transformed the mood around the club since he replaced Brendan Rodgers in October. He has a bouncy, upbeat personality and created a surge of optimism on the Kop. Perhaps his biggest impact, though, was across the Atlantic.

Little more than a year ago, FSG were talking about selling the club.
      The phrase "monetize the asset" had replaced "win the league," but Klopp reignited the owners' enthusiasm.

The Boston-based group have dismissed a number of recent approaches from potential investors with contempt.
      They have simply ignored any advances.

The problem is that FSG have no clear plan as to how to take the club forward apart from placing their trust in the manager.

The lack of strong leadership on Merseyside has been a feature of FSG's six years of ownership, a time in which the club have won just one trophy and qualified for the Champions League just once.

Wild mood swings have become a feature of life at Anfield: boundless optimism one week, angry negativity the next. Both of FSG's previous managerial appointments, Kenny Dalglish and Rodgers, were hailed as saviours and then sacked ignominiously amid rancour and derision from a hysterical support base.

In short, the problems run far deeper than the dugout.
      There is no infrastructure in place to support a manager. The managing director, Ian Ayre, will depart the club next summer having never had the trust of FSG or the ability to steer a club like Liverpool along the path to glory.

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #49: Jul 10, 2016 10:04:32 am
      Skip I think it is a good thing that Klopp is signed to the club till 2022,imagine the uproar when we win the league next season and JĆ¼rgen walked.I have strongly opposed some of Fenways ddecisions regarding L.F.C. but on this occasion I think they have got it 100% correct. :kop5cf8koxp6:
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,266 posts | 1230 
      Reply #50: Jul 10, 2016 10:08:07 am
      Don't really understand why it's been done now but not really too concerned either as I rate the manager very highly.

More shocked at reading 2022 -- can't believe we're nearly that far in the future.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #51: Jul 10, 2016 11:15:16 am
      Don't shoot the messenger .

I've posted how I fully support the decision for JĆ¼rgen's new contract as most do ....but this is put on here for Open Debate.

As Ian Hislop said this week.
      "The Brexiteers may have won but the Remainers should still be allowed the right of debate."

True : Thats why Parliament have a Government and  an Opposition

ā€œIt is not going too far to say the owners are infatuated with the manager.
      Being in love with the German is fine on the Kop; in the boardroom, itā€™s more dangerous.
      Liverpoolā€™s era of success was built on hard-eyed, sometimes brutal, footballing Darwinism.
      The new contract offer suggests accountability is no longer in vogue at Anfield.

ā€œIt is also a boneheaded business move.
      Klopp was already paid in the region of Ā£7 million per year and the earliest negotiations for an extension would have taken place at most clubs would be next summer, when the German had a year left on his contract plus the option of another 12 months.

That would have given the owners ā€“ and the manager ā€“ a chance to see whether there were real signs of progression and whether the honeymoon mood will continue.ā€

Essentially Evans is arguing that a new contract should have been awarded in 12 monthsā€™ time once weā€™d given Klopp the chance to work with a squad of his creation, following a full summer pre-season.

He cannot understand why following an eighth placed finish and two Cup Final defeats the decision to extend Kloppā€™s deal has already been made.

Does Tony Evans have a valid point ?

Asking the Question .
      (Now who do I sound like ?  ;D)

http://www.espnfc.us/english-premier-league/23/blog/post/2909245/liverpool-should-invest-more-in-the-club-than-JĆ¼rgen-klopp

Its entitled  Act Of Madness

Liverpool supporters have welcomed the news that Fenway Sports Group have extended JĆ¼rgen Klopp's contract. The American owners have been so impressed by the German's impact that, a mere 10 months into his tenure, they have locked him into the job until 2022. "Not to do so would be irresponsible," an FSG statement said.

It is an act of madness; far from being a positive development, it reflects the haphazard way Liverpool are being run.

Klopp was under contract until 2018, with the option to stay at Anfield another year.

The 49-year-old certainly transformed the mood around the club since he replaced Brendan Rodgers in October. He has a bouncy, upbeat personality and created a surge of optimism on the Kop. Perhaps his biggest impact, though, was across the Atlantic.

Little more than a year ago, FSG were talking about selling the club.
      The phrase "monetize the asset" had replaced "win the league," but Klopp reignited the owners' enthusiasm.

The Boston-based group have dismissed a number of recent approaches from potential investors with contempt.
      They have simply ignored any advances.

The problem is that FSG have no clear plan as to how to take the club forward apart from placing their trust in the manager.

The lack of strong leadership on Merseyside has been a feature of FSG's six years of ownership, a time in which the club have won just one trophy and qualified for the Champions League just once.

Wild mood swings have become a feature of life at Anfield: boundless optimism one week, angry negativity the next. Both of FSG's previous managerial appointments, Kenny Dalglish and Rodgers, were hailed as saviours and then sacked ignominiously amid rancour and derision from a hysterical support base.

In short, the problems run far deeper than the dugout.
      There is no infrastructure in place to support a manager. The managing director, Ian Ayre, will depart the club next summer having never had the trust of FSG or the ability to steer a club like Liverpool along the path to glory.

The timing maybe a little bit weird, which to me says more about the indecisiveness of FSG more than anything else. If Klopp joined last year and was given an initial contract until 2022 nobody would have batted an eyelid. It would have shown better leadership from above but that's about it.

The contract Evans talks about in isolation off the back of an eighth place finish and two cup final defeats though is right - under those sorts of disappointments, awarding a manager an extension is "madness" and it wouldn't usually be justified.

I think it highlights that FSG STILL haven't got the swing of this soccer malarky. That's all it shows IMO.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #52: Jul 10, 2016 11:19:01 am
      Good old Tony that chip on his shoulder keeps getting bigger and bigger.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #53: Jul 10, 2016 11:38:46 am
      Good old Tony that chip on his shoulder keeps getting bigger and bigger.

Whats the chip over Dado?..not appointing Rafa again?.. I know Evans was no fan of Rodgers but none questioned him over this...
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #54: Jul 10, 2016 03:06:22 pm
      Whats the chip over Dado?..not appointing Rafa again?.. I know Evans was no fan of Rodgers but none questioned him over this...

Thought it was the club kind of pushed him to the side in regards to information and he is a bit on the outside compared to Pearce and few others.

Quick Reply