Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Klopp signs contract extension to 2022

Read 5552 times
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts | 53 
      Re: Klopp signs contract extension to 2022
      Reply #23: Jul 08, 2016 01:24:00 pm
      I bet a lot people do not know that one of Shankly's first signings was Rowdy Yates who was also a character in Rawhide played by one Clint Eastwood. I can see Jürgen in a Clint Eastwood role. This is going to be a great year.

Like it..I can just see Jürgen rocking up at Mellwood on his horse   :action-smiley-035:
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #24: Jul 08, 2016 01:49:17 pm
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #25: Jul 08, 2016 02:05:47 pm
      Good news.

The best possible man for the job and seems to be up for the challenge.

Club needs to work towards making sure he gets everything he needs to do the job because it won't be easy. Really hope he is able to drive the owners and club to remember who we are and what our priority should always be.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #26: Jul 08, 2016 03:38:53 pm

Can't be doing with him either. Just being awkward for the sake of being awkward. Piss poor journalism.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #27: Jul 08, 2016 04:07:58 pm
      Well in Jürgen
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #28: Jul 08, 2016 04:18:00 pm
      I'm so F***ing made up Klopp has been tied down to another 6 years,just what we needed as a club...
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,336 posts | 2775 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #29: Jul 08, 2016 08:23:01 pm
      You won't get a better signing than this all year. Top man who if getting the funds could well bring the glory days back to Anfield.
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #30: Jul 08, 2016 09:31:20 pm
      And people talk about lack of quality signings. ;D Well in!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #31: Jul 08, 2016 09:34:30 pm
      Good stuff! Less than a year since taking charge and he's been given a new long term contract. Goes to show just how much he has rejuvenated the club. Madness to think we waited until the season had started to give BR the boot.

Can't think of anyone better to take the club forward.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #32: Jul 08, 2016 11:22:21 pm
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #33: Jul 08, 2016 11:27:51 pm
      Tony Barrett & TaW are saying that this new contract is not only for the 6 years but basically FSG has given him entire control and final say about what happens at the club; he is free to do what he wants. He will have a respectable budget and that there is no more TC vs MGR argument..in the end it begins and ends with Jürgen.

No more TC per say a (as in our pick vs mgr. pick), he can hire/fire as he wants and Ian Ayre's replacement will be chosen by Klopp; FSG has abandoned the idea of a "sporting director" or even a "Moneyball" idea..Klopp will answer directly to Gordon, Warner & Henry only.

As said on TaW they have put 100% of the long term eggs into the Jürgen Klopp basket and have basically committed over £50+ million pounds in salary guarantees over the next 6 years to him along with his eyes & brain.

Rumor has it that earlier this year Jürgen was a bit unhappy about how work was being done in regards to transfers and internal operations...FSG caught wind of his unhappiness and this contract (more so than the money) was a transfer of control of the club into his hands where there is zero doubt as too who makes the rules. He now has it in contractual writing with the owners signature a total control of Liverpool Football club which stands as a big reversal of these owners ideas on management.

IMO if they are going this route they will back him financially; I do not however believe that Jürgen will go on a massive spending spree straight away...with this contract he has basically been told to build this club back up and focus on the future.

To bad we could not have done this 5 years ago.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #34: Jul 08, 2016 11:56:15 pm
      Tony Barrett & TaW are saying that this new contract is not only for the 6 years but basically FSG has given him entire control and final say about what happens at the club; he is free to do what he wants. He will have a respectable budget and that there is no more TC vs MGR argument..in the end it begins and ends with Jürgen.

No more TC per say a (as in our pick vs mgr. pick), he can hire/fire as he wants and Ian Ayre's replacement will be chosen by Klopp; FSG has abandoned the idea of a "sporting director" or even a "Moneyball" idea..Klopp will answer directly to Gordon, Warner & Henry only.

As said on TaW they have put 100% of the long term eggs into the Jürgen Klopp basket and have basically committed over £50+ million pounds in salary guarantees over the next 6 years to him along with his eyes & brain.

Rumor has it that earlier this year Jürgen was a bit unhappy about how work was being done in regards to transfers and internal operations...FSG caught wind of his unhappiness and this contract (more so than the money) was a transfer of control of the club into his hands where there is zero doubt as too who makes the rules. He now has it in contractual writing with the owners signature a total control of Liverpool Football club which stands as a big reversal of these owners ideas on management.

IMO if they are going this route they will back him financially; I do not however believe that Jürgen will go on a massive spending spree straight away...with this contract he has basically been told to build this club back up and focus on the future.

Last throw of the dice mate.

They know what we're capable of but haven't a clue how to get us there and so far every turn they've made hasn't worked.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #35: Jul 08, 2016 11:58:32 pm
      Last throw of the dice mate.

They know what we're capable of but haven't a clue how to get us there and so far every turn they've made hasn't worked.

Pretty much Debs..so we can figure they will back him but I don't see him going out and spending just for the hell of it...he will build his spine out with a core position tied to long term deals and then supplement in a few big heavy hitters.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #36: Jul 09, 2016 12:01:37 am

I like the idea of Klopp as director of football as well as manager and Coach.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #37: Jul 09, 2016 12:15:36 am
      Excellent news,well done Fenway and to Jürgen Klopp for committing himself to the club.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #38: Jul 09, 2016 12:20:24 am

Great news!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #39: Jul 09, 2016 12:28:51 am
      Pretty much Debs..so we can figure they will back him but I don't see him going out and spending just for the hell of it...he will build his spine out with a core position tied to long term deals and then supplement in a few big heavy hitters.

Don't care if they're big hitters or tiny cogs mate, if they compliment his vision that'll do for me. 

It's always been about getting his players for his style from my pov mate.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #40: Jul 09, 2016 01:19:51 am

Wait, I thought Klopp didn't do heavy hitters and we shouldnt be expecting any? Or am I reading this wrong?

And why would they have had to give him total control when he said himself last year that he already had full control over transfers?

Sometimes I think stuff on TAW is just tossed at a wall to see what sticks. Think I'd take their theories and commentary with a grain of salt.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #41: Jul 09, 2016 01:51:58 am
      Absolutely delighted with this!

Agree with FLs view on TAW I fill a jar full of salt everytime I listen to them.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #42: Jul 09, 2016 04:00:24 am
      Wait, I thought Klopp didn't do heavy hitters and we shouldnt be expecting any? Or am I reading this wrong?

And why would they have had to give him total control when he said himself last year that he already had full control over transfers?

Sometimes I think stuff on TAW is just tossed at a wall to see what sticks. Think I'd take their theories and commentary with a grain of salt.

They were quoting Barrett and it was not about the transfers is was control of everything up to and including who will negotiate the deals and who will replace Ayre; he is now the de facto manager, sporting director & chief executive reporting only to Henry, Warner & Gordon, Ian Ayre is an empty suit.

And honestly FL I would take they're opinions over most as Barrett & Reddy seem to get pretty solid information from the club.

You keep your opinion, enjoy it, for myself I was just posting what I heard & read; whether it be true or not we can only go by the managers actions & words.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #43: Jul 09, 2016 04:10:27 am
      They were quoting Barrett and it was not about the transfers is was control of everything up to and including who will negotiate the deals and who will replace Ayre; he is now the de facto manager, sporting director & chief executive reporting only to Henry, Warner & Gordon, Ian Ayre is an empty suit.

And honestly FL I would take they're opinions over most as Barrett & Reddy seem to get pretty solid information from the club.

You keep your opinion, enjoy it, for myself I was just posting what I heard & read; whether it be true or not we can only go by the managers actions & words.

What about the heavy hitters part? I thought you said Klopp doesn't do that?
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #44: Jul 09, 2016 05:19:37 am
      What about the heavy hitters part? I thought you said Klopp doesn't do that?

Your right FL I've been found out.

If we get somebody like that next year or the following one make sure and bookmark my posts so you can call me to the mat on that one.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #45: Jul 09, 2016 06:19:54 am
      I was strongly against Houllier getting a new contract - the year before he was sacked

I was also against Rafa getting a new contract - the year before he was sacked

Again I was against Brendan getting a new contract - the year before he was sacked

Happy Jürgen has a new long term contract, but in all honesty I'm not dancing with delight like most are... the end of this season would have been quite soon enough for me. I do think these 3 year contracts for new managers FSG seem to like are a mistake, as they force a decision too early imo. 

Anyway back to the dancing with delight.

Quick Reply