Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Pre Season Friendly: Liverpool 1-2 AS Roma

Read 17362 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Pre Season Friendly: Liverpool v AS Roma Aug 1st 8:35 PM EST (1:35AM UK)
      Reply #115: Aug 02, 2016 07:13:30 am
      Brendan loved Moreno. Stop being a WUM.

To be fair, if he's being a WUM, which I dont think he is, then you're falling for it hook, line and sinker as you're being a little bi*ch ;D
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #116: Aug 02, 2016 07:18:33 am
      Sounds like plenty to do before the start of the season then , will watch it later get a better handle on it , as sometimes match threads can be misleading .
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #117: Aug 02, 2016 07:29:42 am
      Some nice attacking play in the first half.  Good linkup between Sturridge, Mane and Firmino.

I don't know how Klopp can't see that our midfield is non-existent.  We need better CMs, and someone, ANYONE, to break up opposition attacks. 

I did however like the look of Milner at LB.   Ideally we'll bring in a new LB but if it's a choice of Moreno vs. Milner I'd go Milner all day long.  He put in some very nice crosses, got by his man a few times, actually used his brain on the left side, which I had forgotten was possible.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,315 posts | 1672 
      Reply #118: Aug 02, 2016 07:33:51 am
      Until Coutinho is put at 10 and we buy a DM then we will not be as effective.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #119: Aug 02, 2016 08:12:22 am
      Disappointing performance overall. Thought Sturridge should have scored when he tried to lift it over the keeper. Second half was just poor from the little I saw of it. Mignolet should have saved their goal or at least made some attempt to. Maybe he was told to try not to get injured, as he should really have been down at his feet after the ball.

Not a lot of positives tbh. Mane continues to impress me, Klavan looks solid, but last night we really looked short of quality all over the pitch especially in the little I saw of the second half. 

Least we have an easy game up next, just hope Suarez remembers who his friends are.   
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,193 posts | 165 
      Re: Pre Season Friendly: Liverpool 1-2 AS Roma
      Reply #120: Aug 02, 2016 08:14:34 am
      I did not see the game, I watched only the highlightts but again it seems that the real issue of our team is midfield. Good midfielders but poor midfield. It's good only when we have a boss DM in it: when we have LUCAS.

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #121: Aug 02, 2016 08:20:53 am
      Disappointing performance overall. Thought Sturridge should have scored when he tried to lift it over the keeper. Second half was just poor from the little I saw of it. Mignolet should have saved their goal or at least made some attempt to. Maybe he was told to try not to get injured, as he should really have been down at his feet after the ball.

Not a lot of positives tbh. Mane continues to impress me, Klavan looks solid, but last night we really looked short of quality all over the pitch especially in the little I saw of the second half. 

Least we have an easy game up next, just hope Suarez remembers who his friends are.

F**k knows what Mignolet was doing, holding back and waiting for divine intervention to sort out his woes. Deary me.

Mind you, Wisdom was just holding/shielding somebody off the ball, except he was holding of a bloke who wasn't the threat, the bloke in front of him was.  :lmao:

That's Mig's error first and foremost make no mistake, but Wisdom just cemented the show as one of comical.

Sturridge could have done a "Mane' and put his foot through it, past the keeper but in fairness the keeper did ge his hand to it to slow the dink down - otherwise that would have probably been in the back of the net.

I just hope Suarez and co go easier on us than they did Celtic.   :f_tongueincheek:
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #122: Aug 02, 2016 08:35:44 am
      Until Coutinho is put at 10 and we buy a DM then we will not be as effective.

Agree. Feel Coutinho has been wasted for the most part under Klopp.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #123: Aug 02, 2016 08:49:20 am
      Mignolet with another unsuccesful save - parry it straight back to the opposition - concede a goal.  Not sure why he didn't attempt to stop the second one.

Lovren was all over the place v Dzeko - didn't get near him much all night.

Ah well.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #124: Aug 02, 2016 08:53:22 am
      Agree. Feel Coutinho has been wasted for the most part under Klopp.

Yep, ever since we bought Firmino I think Couts has been pushed out of the middle more and maybe it's time their roles were reversed to see if that improves things. Couts is not a winger and is too good to be wasted out wide.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #125: Aug 02, 2016 09:06:04 am
      I don't care I am enjoying watching our 2007 CL campaign just beaten Barca at the Nou Camp and now Chelsea at anfield its a much better way to have a pre season and you know the results
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #126: Aug 02, 2016 09:23:54 am
      Playing soccer football in on a baseball diamond rounders pitch... Feeling weird.

Fixed that for you.  :laugh:
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #127: Aug 02, 2016 09:53:11 am
      Just saw the highlights for their second goal.

A decent keeper comes out and punches that clear and clatters anybody in his way. The header was on the edge of the six yard box for fucks sake. Why is he always glued to his line? Command your F***ing box you idiot.  The way he fell on the floor when trying to save the rebound was just pathetic as well.

I'm getting so angry thinking about this dope already and the season hasn't started. I'd go with Manninger at Arsenal.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #128: Aug 02, 2016 10:24:54 am
      So glad we don’t have any American referees for the remaining friendlies. They’ve been nothing but a pain in the arse, the one in the Roma game being probably the worst. 3 or 4 times we should have had a clear corner yet he gave a goal kick, the endless amount of free kicks he gave to Roma whenever we touched them.

Positives

- Mane impressed me with his directness. In the situations he sometimes finds himself, players usually just play the ball back but he turns and just runs right at the defence. That’s the positivity we need. The only thing lacking so far is a goal of some sort. He could do with one soon.

- Kind of coming around to the idea of Milner being our back up left back this season. He’s had two good performances in that position in the past 2 games.

- For a 39 year old he looked pretty decent. Good addition for a 3rd choice keeper on a 1 year deal.

There’s no doubt that I missed something from this part of my post so apologies for that.

Negatives

- The defending as a unit was poor for Roma’s first goal. The midfield was too high and the gap between midfield and defence was huge, then the defence didn’t bother to close Dzeko down and simply let him shoot.

- What was that defending for Roma’s 2nd goal? Wisdom is terrible and Mignolet is just as bad. They both just stand there and watch the Roma players attack the ball, TWICE! Mignolet needs to grow some balls and start attacking the ball. He pisses me off being a soft arse all the time.

- Wisdom should not be in the team at any point this season. He needs to move on and find somewhere to play first team football. He’s just not good enough.

- Markovic (again). Feels like I’m starting to repeat myself but he had the ball very few times and when he did have it he did nothing but lose it.

- Our attacking in the second half was average as F**k and that’s being kind.

- Coutinho did nothing really to effect the game from the wide position.

It will be interesting to see who Klopp plays in CM. Could it be that Henderson players against the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea etc. but Wijnaldum plays against Burnley, Bournemouth, Hull etc? They could easily partner each other at times too.

Also, can we stop playing Roma in pre-season friendlies now? Twice we've played them and lost both times :D.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #129: Aug 02, 2016 10:36:22 am
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #130: Aug 02, 2016 10:55:14 am
      Just saw the highlights for their second goal.

A decent keeper comes out and punches that clear and clatters anybody in his way. The header was on the edge of the six yard box for fucks sake. Why is he always glued to his line? Command your f**king box you idiot.  The way he fell on the floor when trying to save the rebound was just pathetic as well.

I'm getting so angry thinking about this dope already and the season hasn't started. I'd go with Manninger at Arsenal.

He is the one that if I had one player to change from last season would have gone and I would have spent all my money on trying to persuade some one like Neuer to come and join the party. UTD had Schmichael and the big Dutchman and now have another top Goalkeeper it is the basis of all good teams. The crowd will not have forgot his frailties and if he starts cocking up at Anfield again they will not be happy.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #131: Aug 02, 2016 10:56:13 am

At least he's wearing the right coloured shirt for that type of approach. Didn't get to see the game but saw the goals and to be honest Migs and Wisdom should be embarrassed at their attempts.

Biggest worry by a country mile is having to endure that clown, I'd honestly start Manninger until Karius is back.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #132: Aug 02, 2016 11:26:19 am
      At least he's wearing the right coloured shirt for that type of approach. Didn't get to see the game but saw the goals and to be honest Migs and Wisdom should be embarrassed at their attempts.

Biggest worry by a country mile is having to endure that clown, I'd honestly start Manninger until Karius is back.

Agree with that Luke .
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,693 posts | 7160 
      Reply #133: Aug 02, 2016 11:29:28 am
      there are times when you just have to bite the bullet and say he isn't good enough but I wonder when that might be . Even Buffon at 103 years old would be a better option . To think we let Pepe go for him utter madness even on his worst day he is better than Migs on his best.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,975 posts | 5035 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #134: Aug 02, 2016 11:33:37 am

Agree mate, Mcarz is right he needs to grow some balls but he won't because he's a biege Belgian so another heart to heart with his queen is needed, this time tho she should advise him to find another club cos he ain't f***in good enough for this one,
      Manninger has had 45 mins and has shown more bottle than Migs has in 3 yrs,

This was a pre-season friendly yet he couldn't handle the pressure, I'd play Manninger V Arse with Shamal as back up, perhaps Moyes or Palace will take him before the window closes, either way I don't want to see this f***in clown between our sticks anytime soon.

YNWA
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #135: Aug 02, 2016 12:35:44 pm
      Mignolet says about taking his chances and start living up to expectations, continues to be sh*t. He's just not a very good keeper.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #136: Aug 02, 2016 12:36:12 pm
      Just saw the highlights.

The F***ing state of Mignolet for their second.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #137: Aug 02, 2016 12:37:58 pm
      Mignolet says about taking his chances and start living up to expectations, continues to be sh*t. He's just not a very good keeper.

He's the football equivalent of the Cowardly Lion from the Wizard of Oz.

Quick Reply