Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Friendly: Mainz 4-0 Liverpool

Read 22875 times
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 567 posts | 129 
      Re: Friendly: Mainz 4-0 Liverpool
      Reply #253: Aug 08, 2016 10:43:01 pm

That was the Irish contingent next to me who were offering a bottle of Jagermeister round during the game
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #254: Aug 08, 2016 10:58:05 pm
      Hee hee - Tommy Docherty (who sold Hateley to us) said to Shanks "You've got to admit he was good in the air" - Shanks replied: "Aye... so was Douglas Bader and he had a wooden leg." but I prefer the other Hateley story...

Tony got a head injury and the trainer told Shanks "He doesn’t know who he is..." – to which Shanks replied: "Tell him he’s Pele."  :lmao:

They're the ones BB .
       ;D

Aye   or the first one also told as 

"TH just like Douglas Bader .
      Ace in the air and sh*t on the ground."

Not PC.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #255: Aug 09, 2016 12:23:01 pm
      In all honesty, I haven't watch the match so I can't give an accurate assessment of our performance. But going by the result, it points to the fact that we are badly inconsistent here. World beaters one day and next deflated. This is what that let us down time and again last season, we were never consistent enough or tried hard enough to finish top 4. Hope Klopp instills greater consistency in the players performance.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #256: Aug 09, 2016 12:51:21 pm
      In all honesty, I haven't watch the match so I can't give an accurate assessment of our performance. But going by the result, it points to the fact that we are badly inconsistent here. World beaters one day and next deflated. This is what that let us down time and again last season, we were never consistent enough or tried hard enough to finish top 4. Hope Klopp instills greater consistency in the players performance.

Why are some of us pretending that the match didn't take place less than 24 hours later in a different country?

Weird, stupid and hollow reaction to an utterly pointless game that should never have been played. I think some people will just moan for the sake of moaning.

It's really f**king boring.

Quick Reply