Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 22nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W7 D0 L3

Progress in the FA Cup & the transfer window

Read 1078 times
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Jan 16, 2008 04:54:37 pm
      Posted January 16, 2008 by DM Osbon
      http://sweetflag.wordpress.com/2008/01/16/progress-in-the-fa-cup-the-transfer-window/

Transfer Window

With the January transfer window comes a large listed of linked players to a possible move to Liverpool FC. Some well known but others less so.

With the arrival of Martin Skrtel to make up the numbers in defence, I really can’t see anymore spending until possibly in the summer, on new players.

With the current atmosphere surrounding the owners & Rafa being very unproductive towards a positive outcome, I just can’t see the transfer kitty opening up for the likes of a winger & a further world class striker… the two positions that could do with addressing.

FA Cup

The 5-0 win over Luton Town was the 9th result this season that 4 or more goals have been scored Liverpool.

Last season’s total was only 5.

More & more I believe this competition will serve Liverpool well this season.

With the Premiership title being that step to far just at the moment & the Champions League looking a very tough prospect for Liverpool as their next opponents Inter Milan, are no mugs, a cup would do wonders for Rafa’s prospects of keeping his job past this summer.

What could be better than an FA Cup final at the new Wembley for domestic morale?

Prediction

My current form: LLLDD

Still 7 points off the leader Shikhark but I have dropped back I place to 6th but holding off the next 4 players by 2 points. Two correct outcomes have helped consolidate my position in the Top 10, a prediction of 2-2 for the game against Middlesbrough & the 4-1 for the FA cup game against Luton Town.

With I believe only 1 player getting the 5-0 result that Liverpool got against Luton, in the FA Cup reply at Anfield, correct nothing has really changed much in the Top 10. There are now 75 players in the league & I hope I can now make a push for 4th(2 pts ahead) with Liverpool’s next game against Aston Villa at home on the 21st January.

My theory still applies, as it does in football, that it’s OK to lose a few games as long as the other games are wins & not draws!

With 14 draws & 14 losses I am looking to increase my current 12.5% win rate to at least 15% before the end of the season.

YNWA.

« Last Edit: Jan 16, 2008 05:51:54 pm by DM Osbon »
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Re: Progress in the FA Cup & the transfer window
      Reply #1: Jan 16, 2008 06:57:07 pm
      What exactly is the point of this post ?
      F9T
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 939 posts | -10 
      • Tra la la la la
      Reply #2: Jan 16, 2008 06:59:05 pm
      I don't understand how the bottom section relates to the top 2 or the subject name?
      lfc 4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 653 posts | -11 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3: Jan 16, 2008 07:44:36 pm
      Am Confused. what is the post ment to mean.

« Last Edit: Jan 17, 2008 01:17:15 pm by lfc 4life »
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #4: Jan 17, 2008 02:44:29 pm
      OK I'll clear it up a little...I have been blogging for nearly 7 months now & on a regular occasion the subject matter is Liverpool FC.

The above post is a post from my blog, Sweet Flag. I have left the link under the title but I see some people need things spoon fed.

I don't understand how the bottom section relates to the top 2 or the subject name?

With my Liverpool FC posts there is always a Prediction part to the post that reflects how I am doing in this very forums Prediction League & so this part of the post relates to this very forum & LFC ;)

Am Confused. what is the post ment to mean.

What exactly is the point of this post ?

I posted it here for forum readers to read who may not read my blog & may then feel like checking out my past posts on LFC etc.

Quick Reply