Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W3 D0 L0

Pre-Match: Liverpool v Leicester Sat 10/9/16 17.30 KO

Read 15957 times
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Re: Liverpool v Leicester Sat 10/9/16 17.30 KO
      Reply #92: Sep 09, 2016 09:22:35 pm
      It's all out full on attack from the start for me.. It has to be.
      The amount of games we have dominated in the first half hour and been 2 or 3 up at half time with some lovely football is proof we can give any team in the world a game.
      It's the way we back off and lose control inviting the obvious comeback that worries me.
      All 3 goals for Arsenal could've and should've been avoided as with the 2 at Burnley and Rose's equaliser for Tottenham.

We've got some great firepower for goals in our squad no doubt about that we just need to tighten up those loose ends at the back.
      No better challenge to prove that than under the floodlights at home against the Premier league champions.

Really don't mind who plays where although someone is gonna have to track Drinkwater in midfield.Henderson?Lallana?Milner?

Gone for a sneaky 2-1 win.

Wish I was going..

:kop5cf8koxp6:
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #93: Sep 09, 2016 09:43:33 pm
      I'd go with this:

Moreno and Clyne pushing up high providing width. Have Coutinho dictate play from a central position, the three in front of him all have great movement and that should allow him to have plenty of options to pick a pass. Henderson can track Drinkwater. I think we'll need Sturridge as an extra attacking outlet instead of Lallana as we won't really need his pressing in midfield for this game. Lucas of course covering the back four, I feel like he is one of the few players we have who is actually willing to put his foot in, break off attacks and take one for the team and that's something we'll need against Leicester and their counter-attacking style of play. Have him play a bit more towards the left to provide extra cover for Moreno and Lovren. This game would be perfect for Karius as he is much more of a sweeper keeper than Mignolet and I'm worried that if our defensive line plays too high, they will leave too much space in behind to exploit.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #94: Sep 09, 2016 10:14:15 pm
      I'd go with this:

Moreno and Clyne pushing up high providing width. Have Coutinho dictate play from a central position, the three in front of him all have great movement and that should allow him to have plenty of options to pick a pass. Henderson can track Drinkwater. I think we'll need Sturridge as an extra attacking outlet instead of Lallana as we won't really need his pressing in midfield for this game. Lucas of course covering the back four, I feel like he is one of the few players we have who is actually willing to put his foot in, break off attacks and take one for the team and that's something we'll need against Leicester and their counter-attacking style of play. Have him play a bit more towards the left to provide extra cover for Moreno and Lovren. This game would be perfect for Karius as he is much more of a sweeper keeper than Mignolet and I'm worried that if our defensive line plays too high, they will leave too much space in behind to exploit.

Agree with you there Danzel..
      Stop Drinkwater and starve Mahez, those two won that league in midfield for them last year.
      Like the inclusion of Lucas.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,064 posts | 547 
      Reply #95: Sep 09, 2016 10:16:21 pm
      Until Sturridge plays 9 and Coutinho 10 we will never be playing our best team.
      Yeah I like 2 up up top as well, and those 2 would be fine.

However, Jürgen ain't gonna pick 2 strikers, so as a realistic option I would go -
             Migs
      Clyne - Matip - Lovren - Milner
         Hendo - Wijnaldum
      Mane - Firmino - Coutinho
              Sturridge

I would also be happy enough with Lallana instead of Firmino or Coutinho, but for this game I'd probably bring him on for one of them in the 2nd half.

I suspect that we will get -

Migs
           Hendo - Wijnaldum
      Mane - Lallana - Coutinho
                Firmino

Which is ok, but short a striker imo.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #96: Sep 09, 2016 10:20:34 pm
      I'd go with this:

All for that team walking out tomorrow feel we just have to have an out and out striker up front .
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #97: Sep 09, 2016 10:31:52 pm
      All for that team walking out tomorrow feel we just have to have an out and out striker up front .

Put Mane up top with Firmino and Studge behind then..That little triangle alone should be bringing in 20 goals between them by Christmas! Easily!
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,316 posts | 1672 
      Reply #98: Sep 09, 2016 10:52:02 pm
      Yeah I like 2 up up top as well, and those 2 would be fine.

However, Jürgen ain't gonna pick 2 strikers, so as a realistic option I would go -
             Migs
         Hendo - Wijnaldum
      Mane - Firmino - Coutinho
              Sturridge

I would also be happy enough with Lallana instead of Firmino or Coutinho, but for this game I'd probably bring him on for one of them in the 2nd half.

I suspect that we will get -

Migs
           Hendo - Wijnaldum
      Mane - Lallana - Coutinho
                Firmino

Which is ok, but short a striker imo.

Actually meant Coutinho behind sturrudge as a No with Mane on right.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #99: Sep 09, 2016 11:09:42 pm
      Put Mane up top with Firmino and Studge behind then..That little triangle alone should be bringing in 20 goals between them by Christmas! Easily!
      Plenty of movement in that three as you say just screams goals , would have Studge up top Mane better running in and making them turn , got goals in them for sure.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,716 posts | 162 
      Reply #100: Sep 09, 2016 11:13:14 pm
      I wonder myself if Klopp will keep Couthino on the bench. He's only back from his internationals but thinking Sturridge should start and Firmino starting on the left. Mane obviously on the right and a midfield 3 of Hendo Wijnaldum and Grujic. Can't wait for this.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #101: Sep 09, 2016 11:51:43 pm
      Tomorrow can't come soon enough for me  ;D one more sleep and I'm off to Anfield  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

My team would be

Migs
      Clyne
      Matip
      Lucas
      Milner
      Wijnaldum
      Hendo
      Lallana
      Mane
      Firmino
      Studge

Come you mighty redmen, let me shove the victory down the Leicester fans throats, who actually think they're going to win the Champions League  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      #gettingabovetheirstation !!!
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #102: Sep 09, 2016 11:52:54 pm
      Jürgen seems to favour Studge out wide drifting in from the right onto his left peg.
      Mane has been providing the speed and asking the questions of defenders which is what we need.
      Studge will pick up a loose ball on the edge and F**k OFF it's in the back of the net, that's what he's capable of.

Schmichel has just returned from a groin injury hasn't he?.. stretch him early on. make the keeper work !
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #103: Sep 10, 2016 08:37:39 am
      New season new stand, new attitude from the supporters? Fully expect it to be bouncing this evening but it needs it all season long. Too often too many pick and choose what games they'll be vocal for. Lets do it from today right through to may and see how many extra points we can drag out of the lads.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4596 
      Reply #104: Sep 10, 2016 08:47:47 am
      Owners in town, don't we always loose when they show up?...  ;D
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #105: Sep 10, 2016 08:56:32 am
      Owners in town, don't we always loose when they show up?...  ;D

Grrrrrr.

carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #106: Sep 10, 2016 08:59:12 am
      Quote (selected)

Owners in town, don't we always loose when they show up?...

haha And paul merson tipped us winning 2-1, he never gets one right
      Joking apart, the players must show their strength in this first home game with the new stand and the owners watching
      COME ON REDS
      YNWA
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #107: Sep 10, 2016 09:13:08 am
      Jürgen on the noise generated in the new stand, apparently the structure amplifies sound, he said he wants the supporters to bring their ''best performance'' against Leicester. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/09/Jürgen-klopp-anfield-liverpool-leicester
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #108: Sep 10, 2016 09:39:26 am
      Jürgen on the noise generated in the new stand, apparently the structure amplifies sound, he said he wants the supporters to bring their ''best performance'' against Leicester. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/09/Jürgen-klopp-anfield-liverpool-leicester

At least we dont need to have microphones hanging down over the crowd like at the Old Toilet.

The Scum had mikes installed a few years ago so the crowd could be amplified over speakers .
      Got audio experts in cos the crowd noise was crap. Away supporters regularly were louder.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,716 posts | 7164 
      Reply #109: Sep 10, 2016 09:43:13 am
      it seems most people want Sturridge to start and he needs to play if we ever want to see him back to his very best. I am more concerned at how we stop the opposition scoring and a clean sheet would be a thing of beauty.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,890 posts | 6821 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #110: Sep 10, 2016 09:47:29 am
      Not long to go now. Buzzing for this.

Can't F***ing wait to see the new stand in all it's glory. Going to be a spectacular a sight. Let's hope the lads rise to the occasion and bring the 3 points home.

All of you lucky enough to be going, make some F***ing noise!

Go You Redmen.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #111: Sep 10, 2016 09:57:43 am
      Been up for 26 hours, going to be at least 4 more hours before I'm home. Going to struggle to stay awake for this one. What happened to being able to stay up for two days straight. Feeling old.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #112: Sep 10, 2016 10:05:07 am
      Been up for 26 hours, going to be at least 4 more hours before I'm home. Going to struggle to stay awake for this one. What happened to being able to stay up for two days straight. Feeling old.

Ouch! Just couldn't do that.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #113: Sep 10, 2016 10:06:36 am

I hope Jürgen has told the players we expect them to bring their best performance as well Stuey,the mimimum requirement from this match is 3 points for the REDS.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4596 
      Reply #114: Sep 10, 2016 10:07:23 am

Just getting back of your holidays mate?...

Quick Reply