Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Derby?

Loris Karius
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      4 (4%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      4 (4%)
      Alberto Moreno
      2 (2%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (2%)
      Lucas Leiva
      13 (12.9%)
      Marko Grujić
      2 (2%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      25 (24.8%)
      Roberto Firmino
      44 (43.6%)
      Divock Origi
      4 (4%)
      Ovie Ejaria
      1 (1%)
      Danny Ings
      0 (0%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Voting closed: Sep 24, 2016 09:43:10 pm

Derby County 0-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 19216 times
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Re: LIVE: Derby v Liverpool
      Reply #161: Sep 20, 2016 09:37:44 pm
      Said 3-0 before the match, sadly didn't say it in the predictions league.

Business as usual, well played  :aaliverpool2xt1:
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #162: Sep 20, 2016 09:37:58 pm
      Excellent team performance. Our movement up front and supporting runs is starting to remind me of the good ol' days when we won league titles. . 
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #163: Sep 20, 2016 09:38:12 pm
      An extremely like workman performance… Well done lads
      Only negative was the amount of time can gave the ball away… definite lack of sharpness
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #164: Sep 20, 2016 09:39:08 pm
      Said 3-0 before the match, sadly didn't say it in the predictions league.

Business as usual, well played  :aaliverpool2xt1:

No injuries, no extra time, no penalty shoot out.

Straightforward 3-0 win Coutinho, Origi, Grujic.

Bloody Grujic let me down
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #165: Sep 20, 2016 09:40:23 pm
      Winning brings confidence, confidence brings a winning mentality :D

In the second half, for me Origi was the MOTM but I did not watch the first and as I read on here Firmino was brilliant again.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #166: Sep 20, 2016 09:41:02 pm
      Excellent team performance. Our movement up front and supporting runs is starting to remind me of the good ol' days when we won league titles. .

Amen.  ;D
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #167: Sep 20, 2016 09:41:48 pm
      Happy days cmon the reds
      YNWA
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #168: Sep 20, 2016 09:41:55 pm
      Training ground exercise really but good practice for Saturday against a team sitting deep.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #169: Sep 20, 2016 09:45:43 pm
      Very professional performance, shame we couldn't get one or two more :D I do think we deserved more but I'm not moaning at that at all.

Karius: Very little to do, brilliant sweeping on Derby's only real chance that I think highlighted the difference he will bring because I don't believe Migs would have done the same. 7/10

Clyne: Better than in recent weeks, not too much to do defensively but solid in all he had to do, produced a couple of decent crosses and was tireless. 7/10

Matip: Effortless, yet dominant performance again. 7.5/10

Klavan: Pleased for him to get his goal and looked very good at the back again. 8/10

Moreno: Thought he could have done better a few times in attack but what he had to do defensively he did well enough, but to be fair that wasn't too much. 7/10

Lucas: Quality performance by him, assured and confident, slotted right in effortlessly. 8/10

Henderson: Another fine display by Hendo, 4 on the spin now, well in lad. 8/10

Grujic: Thought he was the weakest of our midfielders and I put that down to lack of match fitness more than anything, just a little off with his passing and his shooting range a little ragged. Defensively he was on it though and clearly knows the score when it comes to Klopp's system. Must be more careful with the passes though as a couple could have put us in much more danger than they did. 6.5/10

Coutinho: Cracking performance, looked much better in my opinion and loved his interplay with Firmino. Hopefully give him that boost of confidence with the goal too. 8.5/10

Firmino: MotM again in my opinion, quality all over, tracking, passing, movement all pure class. Another stringing performance after performance and that gives us massive encouragement. 9/10

Origi: Thought a lot of the good stuff broke down with him in the first half, was better in the second and was a cracking finish. 7/10

Can: Weak display but again I'll put that down to rustiness, his passing was terrible when he came on and that has to sharpen up before he comes anywhere near contending a starting position. 5/10

Ings: Didn't get too many minutes but lively as ever, clearly 4th choice and with Origi getting his goal tonight it's going to stay that way. 6/10

Jürgen: Got it spot on again, we never looked troubled. We were completely professional. Ideal match getting minutes into the legs of those who need them and comfortable all night. Thought we did lose a bit of composure near the end, wondered if that was nerves for the clean sheet? Either way you can't argue how we pushed Derby aside like the weaker side they are, top stuff. 8/10
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Re: Derby County 0-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #170: Sep 20, 2016 09:45:52 pm
      It wasn't that long ago that Firminho was getting stick here and it was justified to a point but he has improved almost beyond recognition. He was quality tonight.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #171: Sep 20, 2016 09:46:56 pm

'Twas remarkably ineffectual before he came on.

Apologies, couldn't resist. Clearly needs to regain match sharpness.

Haha fair enough.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #172: Sep 20, 2016 09:47:40 pm
      I don't give a F**k who the opposition were, that was total control, a 3-0 win without getting out of third gear. The Reds are boss aren't they!?
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #173: Sep 20, 2016 09:48:00 pm
      Did someone just swear 'F***ing' in the post match interview?!
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #174: Sep 20, 2016 09:48:19 pm
      Did someone just swear 'f**king' in the post match interview?!

Yep
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #175: Sep 20, 2016 09:48:28 pm
      Bloody heck the aftermatch interview is mad. Klopp can't escape the journo scum.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #176: Sep 20, 2016 09:48:29 pm
      Jürgen there not happy that the game wasn't televised "in Germany we show each F***ing game!"

:lmao:
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #177: Sep 20, 2016 09:51:26 pm
      I don't give a F**k who the opposition were, that was total control, a 3-0 win without getting out of third gear. The Reds are boss aren't they!?

Like my missus, we never get the gear to fourth as if my picanto will fly :D Obviously when she drives it, the consumption of my fuel is increased drastically.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #178: Sep 20, 2016 09:54:12 pm
      Very professional performance, shame we couldn't get one or two more :D I do think we deserved more but I'm not moaning at that at all.

Karius: Very little to do, brilliant sweeping on Derby's only real chance that I think highlighted the difference he will bring because I don't believe Migs would have done the same. 7/10

Clyne: Better than in recent weeks, not too much to do defensively but solid in all he had to do, produced a couple of decent crosses and was tireless. 7/10

Matip: Effortless, yet dominant performance again. 7.5/10

Klavan: Pleased for him to get his goal and looked very good at the back again. 8/10

Moreno: Thought he could have done better a few times in attack but what he had to do defensively he did well enough, but to be fair that wasn't too much. 7/10

Lucas: Quality performance by him, assured and confident, slotted right in effortlessly. 8/10

Henderson: Another fine display by Hendo, 4 on the spin now, well in lad. 8/10

Grujic: Thought he was the weakest of our midfielders and I put that down to lack of match fitness more than anything, just a little off with his passing and his shooting range a little ragged. Defensively he was on it though and clearly knows the score when it comes to Klopp's system. Must be more careful with the passes though as a couple could have put us in much more danger than they did. 6.5/10

Coutinho: Cracking performance, looked much better in my opinion and loved his interplay with Firmino. Hopefully give him that boost of confidence with the goal too. 8.5/10

Firmino: MotM again in my opinion, quality all over, tracking, passing, movement all pure class. Another stringing performance after performance and that gives us massive encouragement. 9/10

Origi: Thought a lot of the good stuff broke down with him in the first half, was better in the second and was a cracking finish. 7/10

Can: Weak display but again I'll put that down to rustiness, his passing was terrible when he came on and that has to sharpen up before he comes anywhere near contending a starting position. 5/10

Ings: Didn't get too many minutes but lively as ever, clearly 4th choice and with Origi getting his goal tonight it's going to stay that way. 6/10

Jürgen: Got it spot on again, we never looked troubled. We were completely professional. Ideal match getting minutes into the legs of those who need them and comfortable all night. Thought we did lose a bit of composure near the end, wondered if that was nerves for the clean sheet? Either way you can't argue how we pushed Derby aside like the weaker side they are, top stuff. 8/10

Very disappointed with Firmino. Every time he plays he lets me down. Picked him as my surprise flop of the season and I keep having to pick him as my m.o.t.m.  :f_steam:
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #179: Sep 20, 2016 09:58:12 pm
      Like my missus, we never get the gear to fourth as if my picanto will fly :D Obviously when she drives it, the consumption of my fuel is increased drastically.

Hahaha I feel like we need a whole new thread for you to air your grievances!  :D
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #180: Sep 20, 2016 09:58:25 pm
      Very disappointed with Firmino. Every time he plays he lets me down. Picked him as my surprise flop of the season and I keep having to pick him as my m.o.t.m.  :f_steam:

:D

I'm just pleased he's getting the recognition mate, feels like my drum banging days can finally calm down :lmao:

It's just so damn nice to watch us with this level of confidence in so many of our players, been a very long time since I've had the expectancy of attacking prowess and defensive solidarity. It's refreshing.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #181: Sep 20, 2016 10:01:31 pm
      How reassuring is it to have Matip in defence everything he does is just so calming and reassured.

Compare to the days of Skrtel " suddenly shudders".
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #182: Sep 20, 2016 10:01:49 pm
      Comfortable, comprehensive victory. Nothing to be negative about there!
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #183: Sep 20, 2016 10:03:40 pm
      I could get used to this winning malarkey!

Quick Reply