Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. In July 06 we asked if Pennant was a good signing. 90% of you said Yes. So, was Pennant a good signing?

Yes
      (26.2%)
      No
      (73.8%)

Jermaine Pennant (Winger)

Read 42441 times
      alsmal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,539 posts | 34 
      • Right or wrong, its MY opinion.
      Re: Portsmouth agree fee for Pennant but...
      Reply #299: Jan 20, 2009 08:04:50 pm
      Y'all need to leave Pennant alone. He's been shipped off to Portsmouth on a loan deal and ''purists'' are still unhappy about that. So what if Liverpool paid Six Million for him? He's been working at Anfield ever since. Should that be for free too? Whoever said a man shouldn't look out for his own interest in a deal gone bad?

Finnan get shipped out to another league, now he can't even get back to the Premiership yet, as he failed a medical with Hull.

Pennant definitely does not deserve all these insults being hurled at him because the manager wont give him some games. Clearly better than Kuyt, gets past defenders better that Babel!

Give the man a break!

I'm sorry mate I couldn't disagree with you more.

The man has had no intention of getting in the team or even on the bench.  If he had honest ambitions at getting his place back he'd have worked his nuts off.
      The truth is that he hasn't.  I know one of the staff at Melwood through a good mate of mine and have not been told exactly (because that wouldn't the right thing to do) but that Mr Pennant is one of the laziest people in training. 

How could any 1st team player be happy at a club when they can't even make the bench. 

Look at Crouch, not happy he wasn't getting the games and unfortunately he wanted to move on to Pompey to achieve it.
      Pennant on the other hand could have done the same AND done the club a favour by doing similar but no, he decides to go on loan which means we'll got nothing for him at the end of the season.

Rant over ....................

for now.........
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #300: Jan 20, 2009 08:10:18 pm

The man has had no intention of getting in the team or even on the bench.  If he had honest ambitions at getting his place back he'd have worked his nuts off.
      The truth is that he hasn't.  I know one of the staff at Melwood through a good mate of mine and have not been told exactly (because that wouldn't the right thing to do) but that Mr Pennant is one of the laziest people in training. 

How could any 1st team player be happy at a club when they can't even make the bench. 

Look at Crouch, not happy he wasn't getting the games and unfortunately he wanted to move on to Pompey to achieve it.
      Pennant on the other hand could have done the same AND done the club a favour by doing similar but no, he decides to go on loan which means we'll got nothing for him at the end of the season.

for now.........
      He's a pr**k with ears.
      alsmal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,539 posts | 34 
      Reply #301: Jan 20, 2009 08:12:22 pm

Couldn't see his ears for his afro.....
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #302: Jan 20, 2009 08:17:10 pm

for now.........

You couldn't be further from the truth.

Even Crouch called Pennant a striker's dream.

His work rate assessment is still hearsay, but I can clearly recall the Manager telling him to be prepared to play only in the reserves, then he gets into a little too much JD and he gets cut off totally.

My point exactly? Pennant has a right to to decide what is best for his career without being labeled in expletives.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,521 posts | 2874 
      Reply #303: Jan 20, 2009 08:22:54 pm
      Don't care what happens to Pennant, not bothered about the fact his contracts out. He can F**k off for free for all I care.

He off the field antics are unacceptable and he can't be bothered to challenge for a place in the team.

You can disagree, but thats the way I feel.
      alsmal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,539 posts | 34 
      Reply #304: Jan 20, 2009 08:24:09 pm

His work rate assessment is still hearsay, but I can clearly recall the Manager telling him to be prepared to play only in the reserves, then he gets into a little too much JD and he gets cut off totally.

My point exactly? Pennant has a right to to decide what is best for his career without being labeled in expletives.

He hasn't exactly set the team on fire has he?

1 good game in the Champions league final isn't what I'd call a striker's dream.

I don't like the guy because he has let me down on far too many occasions.  His attitude is questionable.  His performances below par on too many occasions too.

As much as you may not believe me, I really wanted him to do well, I shouted for him and defended him against this sort of stuff.

But you can only do it for so long before you stop believing in a player.
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #305: Jan 20, 2009 08:29:09 pm

pennnant was told at the start of the season that he wouldn't be playing, so what does he do?  sit on his arse, takes the piss and collects his cheque.  hardly the actions of a man thinking about his career, is it?  then to compound these actions, goes out on loan knowing liverpool wont get   a penny for him.  not much gratitude being shown to a club who gave him the opportunity to play on the biggest stage of club football. 

crouch was in the same position, but acted with dignity and integrity by agreeing to leave the club to do what was best for his career, even though it was a reluctant decision.

it just goes to show the gulf in class between the two.
      alsmal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,539 posts | 34 
      Reply #306: Jan 20, 2009 08:33:27 pm
      .......crouch was in the same position, but acted with dignity and integrity by agreeing to leave the club to do what was best for his career, even though it was a reluctant decision.

it just goes to show the gulf in class between the two.

Here, here.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #307: Jan 20, 2009 08:35:32 pm
      He hasn't exactly set the team on fire has he?

1 good game in the Champions league final isn't what I'd call a striker's dream.

I don't like the guy because he has let me down on far too many occasions.  His attitude is questionable.  His performances below par on too many occasions too.

As much as you may not believe me, I really wanted him to do well, I shouted for him and defended him against this sort of stuff.

But you can only do it for so long before you stop believing in a player.

You're assessment of his contribution is untrue.

Well. Crouch could hardly get a game too. Now he is 13 goals up 'this season' in the premiership playing for Portsmouth; and our highest goal scorer is our ROCK, Gerrard with 14, Our strikers are not even on there yet.

We have not seen the end of Pennant.

alsmal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,539 posts | 34 
      Reply #308: Jan 20, 2009 08:36:54 pm

Go on, prove me wrong.

Tell me all about his contributions to LFC
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #309: Jan 20, 2009 08:40:52 pm
      Y'all need to leave Pennant alone. He's been shipped off to Portsmouth on a loan deal and ''purists'' are still unhappy about that. So what if Liverpool paid Six Million for him? He's been working at Anfield ever since. Should that be for free too? Whoever said a man shouldn't look out for his own interest in a deal gone bad?

Finnan get shipped out to another league, now he can't even get back to the Premiership yet, as he failed a medical with Hull.

Pennant definitely does not deserve all these insults being hurled at him because the manager wont give him some games. Clearly better than Kuyt, gets past defenders better that Babel!

Give the man a break!
      All the statements you make are extremely debateable nobody including the manager has made any judgements on JP about anything other than his merit as a professional footballer and the standard achieved,he has failed on both these counts and it would be detrimental to LFC if he were allowed to continue in his present role,while this state of affairs is obviously untenable JP is more than happy to do as little as possible to remedy the situation for obvious reasons,it is even more obvious why anyone associated with the club accuses JP of taking the piss and having a F***ing laugh.Having now pointed out the finer details of the JP affair any more posts as above will also be regarded in the same light.
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #310: Jan 20, 2009 08:41:43 pm

Well. Crouch could hardly get a game too. Now he is 13 goals up 'this season' in the premiership playing for Portsmouth; and our highest goal scorer is our ROCK, Gerrard with 14, Our strikers are not even on there yet.

We have not seen the end of Pennant.

that is my point. crouch couldn't get a game so he left for the good of his career, whereas our jermaine it seems is more motivated by money.  given the circumstances it is hard to come to any other conclusion.

and i think we have seen the last of pennant at liverpool fc.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #311: Jan 20, 2009 08:54:31 pm
      Well I hope so, dont want the club to be paying wages for someone that never actually plays, not even in the reserves.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #312: Jan 20, 2009 09:05:33 pm
      The same animosity was directed at Kewell. Is there ever gonna be a time a player's 'state' will be more important to the fans than club money?
      alsmal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,539 posts | 34 
      Reply #313: Jan 20, 2009 09:10:04 pm
      So I asked you to prove me wrong, you can't can you?   

The same animosity was directed at Kewell. Is there ever gonna be a time a player's 'state' will be more important to the fans than club money?

Then you give me Harry Kewell as a defence?

Seriously?!?!?!
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #314: Jan 20, 2009 09:15:31 pm

and with good reason too, he obviously didn't rate us liverpool fans.  have a read of this:
      http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=12047.0
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #315: Jan 20, 2009 09:16:22 pm
      anyway, my final word on this is that jp is gone and i for one am happy about it!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,521 posts | 2874 
      Reply #316: Jan 20, 2009 09:17:45 pm
      anyway, my final word on this is that jp is gone and I for one am happy about it!

I'll agree with that!!!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #317: Jan 20, 2009 10:03:46 pm
      Solodee,

Liverpool fans have a problem with any footballer who appears keener on money than football acclaim.

I'm sure the local off field antics get to some of us too.

I think the purists are unhappy because it would have been nice to get something back for a player who in fees and wages must have cost us around £15 million and provided very little in return.
      Swinton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,984 posts | 42 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest...
      Reply #318: Jan 20, 2009 10:09:31 pm
      Goodbye Jermaine.
      Only gutted we got no money for you :(
      jay_chadha
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts | -1 
      Reply #319: Jan 20, 2009 10:09:54 pm
      give  the guy a break..................h e gets no playing time at all how is he supposed to get better and maybe if we play him  and he gains atleast a lil bit of form then maybe we can get more than 2 mil ( we payed 6.5 mil for him).........that means going in loss by um........4.5 mil.
      jay_chadha
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts | -1 
      Reply #320: Jan 20, 2009 10:11:41 pm
      if rafa does not give a lot!! more playing time to babel ( who is an amazing! aspect for the future) then maybe he'll end up like pennant to.............. fell bad for jermaine and us becuz we're not getting sh*t fur him
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      Reply #321: Jan 20, 2009 10:35:11 pm
      So I asked you to prove me wrong, you can't can you?   

You seriously want me to prove you wrong by telling you the games in which he was outstanding? be serious.

Quick Reply