Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Pre Match: Liverpool v Watford (Premier League) Sun 6th Nov 2:15pm GMT

Read 9712 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Pre Match: Liverpool v Watford (Premier League) Sun 6th Nov 2:15pm GMT
      Nov 01, 2016 04:17:01 pm
      Back at Anfield on Sunday afternoon as 7th placed Watford come to Anfield.

The reds lost 3-0 away at Watford last December - Bogdan was in goal not that it was all his fault, but we beat them 2-0 at Anfield in May - Joe Allen and Bobby Firmino with the goals.

Current League Table

Last six games

Watford's only defeat in the last 6 games is against Burnley - not a great place to visit for us either.  They did however beat the other two promoted clubs and they managed what we couldn't and beat United at home.

It's a shame we're going to have to go and beat them and probably let the Mancs back into the top seven, but beat them we have to.

Premier League Stats 2016-17

Average passes per game: Us 603 Them 370

Crosses: Us 177 Them 178

Shots: Us 182 Them 114

Cross Accuracy: Us 19% Them 24%

Clean Sheets: Us 1 Them 3

Errors leading to goals: Us 3 Them 1

Troy Deeney and Etienne Capoue have scored 7 of their league goals and they both have an assist.

For Liverpool James Milner is back in contention.  I'd bring both him and Wijnaldum back for this one.

Karius

Clyne, Matip, Lovren, Milner

Henderson, Wijnaldum

Mane, Lallana, Coutinho
      Firmino
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,281 posts | 803 
      Re: Pre Match: Liverpool v Watford (Premier League) Sun 6th Nov 2:15pm GMT
      Reply #1: Nov 01, 2016 04:25:21 pm
      As I said in the 'difficult 8 game start is over' thread. 3 points in this is a must with Arsenal and Spurs playing eachother, giving us a chance to create a gap/bigger gap between one/both of them.

Milner and Gini back in for this one for me.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #2: Nov 01, 2016 04:35:05 pm
      Woohoo!!!  Another game against a team similar in style to CP, quick on the break, big bruisers up front with yet another defense for our dinamos up front to run rings around and befuddle with their trickery.

Another win and 3 points needed as 2 of our rivals will drop points as they play each other.  Keep the pressure up, keep in touch with the leaders and see how the weekend unfolds.  We've had some favourable results go for us recently but we have to do our job too, something we're becoming quite adept at doing.

Come on weekend, hurry the F**k up  :D
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #3: Nov 01, 2016 05:07:45 pm
      Watford have some decent attacking players so that is where the danger lies for us. Agree that Milner will be back in. I hope Gini is back in too as I think he makes a very big difference to our ability to keep the ball and start the attack (more than finishing it). I guess the selection choice is Gini vs. Emre, kind of like the matador vs. the bull. Sometimes the bull is what you want, but Gini adds something almost hard to describe to beginning and maintaining the attack.

I don't mean by the above that Emre has no quality on the ball - of course he does. It is, as we've said many times on here, a good dilemma for Klopp to have. I'll go with a 2-1 thrashing.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,995 posts | 5048 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #4: Nov 01, 2016 06:01:10 pm
      Have to agree with the sentiments regarding Gini and Milner, both should return to the side, can't see Twatford posing to many worries in fact I can see handing out a proper Twatting, tw*t is my view on things,

Karius
           Clyne Matip Lovren Milner
               Henderson Wijnaldum
                            Lallana
               Mane Firmino  Coutinho

C'mon Redmen let's close the goal diff gap and absolutely smash the F**k out of sh*t side, put them in their place.

5-0

YNWA
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,628 posts | 1518 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #5: Nov 01, 2016 06:44:39 pm
      Team picks itself.

3 points and two rivals playing against each other, and a lovely view down on the cowering Mancs..... could be another beautiful weekend!
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #6: Nov 01, 2016 07:42:39 pm
      A win and another 3 point can be the only result for the REDS.We are playing good football and  and will be far too good for Watford. :kop5cf8koxp6:
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #7: Nov 01, 2016 07:47:45 pm
      I see another 3 points on the cards here. Going for a hard fought 3-1. Hopefully Milner will be back in place as well, although Moreno had a fairly good game against palace.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #8: Nov 01, 2016 07:51:44 pm
      Have to agree with the sentiments regarding Gini and Milner, both should return to the side, can't see Twatford posing to many worries in fact I can see handing out a proper Twatting, tw*t is my view on things,

Karius
           Clyne Matip Lovren Milner
               Henderson Wijnaldum
                            Lallana
               Mane Firmino  Coutinho

C'mon Redmen let's close the goal diff gap and absolutely smash the f**k out of sh*t side, put them in their place.

5-0

YNWA

Can't be too hard on them. They did let us have John Barnes all those years ago after all. 900k...

Cor Blummy 😳
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #9: Nov 01, 2016 08:05:12 pm
      Can't be too hard on them. They did let us have John Barnes all those years ago after all. 900k...

Cor Blummy 😳

They also sold us a goalie (he was useless) Dave Underwood in the 1950s so on the basis of that I say we should thrash them.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #10: Nov 01, 2016 08:08:43 pm
      They also sold us a goalie (he was useless) Dave Underwood in the 1950s so on the basis of that I say we should thrash them.

Before my time that one...

So I'll let you off 😜

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #11: Nov 01, 2016 09:46:33 pm
      Nothing much to fear for us apart from our propensity for the idiotic like Lovrens brain fart last week.

Just looking at their last 5 games that they have played against relegation fodder inc the 3 promoted teams.
      Scored just 2 goals in their last 3 games and one of these was a own goal to beat Hull at home where they couldn't even muster a shot on target!

Confident this will be a clean sheet and a easy win for the Red Men........." waits for usual culprits posting about banana skins and the sort".
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #12: Nov 01, 2016 10:00:10 pm
      Nothing much to fear for us apart from our propensity for the idiotic like Lovrens brain fart last week.

Just looking at their last 5 games that they have played against relegation fodder inc the 3 promoted teams.
      Scored just 2 goals in their last 3 games and one of these was a own goal to beat Hull at home where they couldn't even muster a shot on target!

Confident this will be a clean sheet and a easy win for the Red Men........." waits for usual culprits posting about banana skins and the sort".

Be nice to get up big and early which would allow a Studge/Origi + one other to get some playing time; I think Gini will start so perhaps Can could come on and continue building on what he has done the past few matches.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #13: Nov 01, 2016 10:24:46 pm
      Be nice to get up big and early which would allow a Studge/Origi + one other to get some playing time; I think Gini will start so perhaps Can could come on and continue building on what he has done the past few matches.

Will be interesting who starts out of Can and Gini as Can is currently holding the shirt and I thought played well against a big physical side like Palace, so does he retain the shirt against another tall physical side who have roughed us up previously?

Either way great to have the option of both available.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 166 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #14: Nov 02, 2016 12:04:44 am
      By the time we start this match, all the result for teams around us would have concluded.

Must keep on the momentum. Must WIN match.

COYR   :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #15: Nov 02, 2016 12:53:26 am
      These are the games we MUST win if we wanna play a role in the title race.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #16: Nov 02, 2016 02:20:47 am
      These are the games we MUST win if we wanna play a role in the title race.

Heard that one said before our first game of the season against Arsenal. Actually come to think of it I heard it before Burnley away. Spurs as well. Oh and Leicester. Chelsea too! Oh and then there was Hull - people said it before that game as well! There was Swansea as well, can't remember who said it but it was definitely said! And there was that silly sausage who said it before our big home match against Man Utd. And who can forget that fella who said it before West Brom? He never stopped banging on about it! Oh and it was said before the Palace match last week but the fact it was said is neither here nor there.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #17: Nov 02, 2016 02:57:44 am
      Put Matip on Deeney and don't let him isolate Dejan.

2-1 win :)
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #18: Nov 02, 2016 08:29:30 am
      Put Matip on Deeney and don't let him isolate Dejan.

2-1 win :)

Crucial to Dejans performance will be having Milner to his left.

His overcompensation for Moreno lack of defensive ability shatters an sllrrasy fragile mental state quite quickly.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #19: Nov 02, 2016 09:40:12 am
      Not that he will be allowed any service by our midfield but a pregnant women's bowels move quicker than Troy Deeny; the man couldn't turn in a coal yard...

This should be even easier than Palace.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,333 posts | 774 
      Reply #20: Nov 02, 2016 09:53:17 am
      I think that I will go, for a 3  1 win for the Reds. The defence always some how manage to gift the opposition with a goal.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #21: Nov 02, 2016 10:43:22 am
      Some team is owed an absolute pasting by us like we handed out to Hull and it may as well be Watford, if we get a bit more luck with our finishing then we could easily see a 4 or even 5-1 score here but I'll settle for any kind of win. I would also be very pleasantly surprised if we keep a clean sheet.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #22: Nov 02, 2016 11:30:23 am
      They had two good wins back in September at home to United and then away at West Ham but we should be beating these comfortably. To be fair to Watford, they haven't conceded a goal in their last 3 league games though. They might have played three sh*te teams, but we've played two of those teams ourselves this season an they both score against us!

Les get a clean sheet and lets put 3 or 4 past them.

Team picks itself

Karius

Clyne
      Lovren
      Matip
      Milner

Wijnaldum
      Lallana
      Hendo

Coutinho
      Mane
      Firmino