Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Watford?

Loris Karius
      3 (1.9%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      1 (0.6%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      5 (3.1%)
      Jordan Henderson
      4 (2.5%)
      Emre Can
      3 (1.9%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      81 (50.6%)
      Adam Lallana
      35 (21.9%)
      Sadio Mane
      9 (5.6%)
      Roberto Firmino
      17 (10.6%)
      Ovie Ejaria
      2 (1.3%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 155

Voting closed: Nov 10, 2016 04:09:59 pm

Liverpool 6-1 Watford: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 41403 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Liverpool 6-1 Watford: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #506: Nov 06, 2016 11:25:24 pm
      What a team performance that was. So much fun being at Anfield to watch this as well!

It's hard to say who has impressed me more - the whole team did well, even Karius who I was feeling a bit unsure about made some very good saves.

As someone who was once a very harsh critic of Henderson, I love how well he's been doing. He's been so composed on the ball and covering a lot of ground - I felt like he made quite a few interceptions today, and he's not afraid of moving forward either, making us all the more exciting.

Lallana has been incredible as well.

Our whole team is so good on the ball, the technical levels are at such a high level, it's just amazing to watch.

Coutinho, Mané and Firmino - what a trio that is. And Sturridge was very unlucky not to score, he's still the best finisher in this squad IMO.

Happy days. No one has ever won the league in November, but it sure feels good to be top!

It can't be won in November but it can definitely be lost. With the fixtrure list we've had so far I'd have been happy with 4th atm. To be clear top shows you how good we've played against teams from all levels of the table.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #507: Nov 06, 2016 11:30:07 pm
      Wow, just finished watching. We are like a team of contract killers at the moment. That was a professional job.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #508: Nov 06, 2016 11:30:20 pm
      It can't be won in November but it can definitely be lost. With the fixtrure list we've had so far I'd have been happy with 4th atm. To be clear top shows you how good we've played against teams from all levels of the table.

I love it. Doesn't matter who we play, we want to attack them. To be top after the start we've had speaks a lot of how talented our manager and team is.

What a team performance that was. So much fun being at Anfield to watch this as well!

It's hard to say who has impressed me more - the whole team did well, even Karius who I was feeling a bit unsure about made some very good saves.

As someone who was once a very harsh critic of Henderson, I love how well he's been doing. He's been so composed on the ball and covering a lot of ground - I felt like he made quite a few interceptions today, and he's not afraid of moving forward either, making us all the more exciting.

Lallana has been incredible as well.

Our whole team is so good on the ball, the technical levels are at such a high level, it's just amazing to watch.

Coutinho, Mané and Firmino - what a trio that is. And Sturridge was very unlucky not to score, he's still the best finisher in this squad IMO.

Happy days. No one has ever won the league in November, but it sure feels good to be top!

I hate you.

See you in May when we win the league though :D
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #509: Nov 06, 2016 11:40:12 pm
      It's interesting that the likes of prize tossers like federer are nowhere to be seen when we win like this....
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #510: Nov 06, 2016 11:46:08 pm
      It's interesting that the likes of prize tossers like federer are nowhere to be seen when we win like this....

Who cares. Why can't we just enjoy it without trying to start crap with other posters?
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #511: Nov 07, 2016 12:02:56 am
      Superb performance all round and it is so diflficult to single out one player as motm. But this time I will give it to Lallana with his assists that led to 2 of the goals.

Can't recall anyone had a poor game. Even Studge nearly scored, very good effort by Studge  and he has to start making peace with the goal posts and bar. ;D.

I have to admit even Karius had a good game and I can see he is  growing in confidence. We had at least 6 opportunities to score more and on another day we would have converted some of these chances into goal. Never mind, as long ad these chances keeps coming, we will continue to score.

Our trio of Mane, Bobby and Cou is so fast that it is a nightmare to the opposition.

Watford pressed us high up the pitch, to be fair with reasonable success but once they lost possession, trouble is always knocking on their door.

Watford defence do not concede many goals but we made them looked ordinary in this game.

We have to keep an eye on Chelsea, they have made up some lost grounds over the last few weeks and they are serious contender.

I will continue to say, one game at a time and we have to get ourselves fully focussed in the coming weeks as X'mas period is fast approaching and games comes thick and fast. And over a matter of 2 weeks can change things at the top of the league.

Lets focus on the next opponent.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #512: Nov 07, 2016 12:03:24 am
      2016 League Table

Liverpool P30 +29GD 56pts
      Arsenal P30 +27GD 56pts
      Spurs P30 +25GD 56pts
      Chelsea P30 +27GD 55pts
      Man City P30 +28GD 54pts
      Leicester P30 +15GD 54pts
      Man Utd P30 +11GD 54pts
      Southampton P30 +15GD 52pts
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,386 posts | 1542 
      Reply #513: Nov 07, 2016 12:17:55 am
      Was working today so only got updates when we scored. Watched motd and it seemed 6 didn't do us justice. Seemed like a regular game.
      We gonna batter someone soon, put all our chances away and go into double figures. We had 4 clear chances before Mane scored, and studge could have had 4 alone.that would be 14 without counting any other chances !!!!
      That's madness at this level.
      Couts motm for me, but from highlights could have been anyone of 6.
      The scary bit !
      It all looked so fecking easy!
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #514: Nov 07, 2016 12:21:05 am

Wow, just finished watching. We are like a team of contract killers at the moment. That was a professional job hit.

Fixed that for you FL  ;)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #515: Nov 07, 2016 12:38:20 am

Works!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #516: Nov 07, 2016 01:58:09 am

Unless you're Celtic in the SPL!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #517: Nov 07, 2016 02:03:14 am

They win that sh*t before the previous season has even ended.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #518: Nov 07, 2016 07:31:46 am
      Truly poetry in motion that.

We were fantastic there isn't a better playing football side on the whole continent at the moment.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #519: Nov 07, 2016 07:58:54 am
      See when I said that this would be even easier than the Palace game... I hadn't envisaged it being that F***ing easy.

Could have been double figures and it wouldn't have flattered us. Reds on fire.

YEEHA!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #520: Nov 07, 2016 08:16:35 am
      How are we all feeling this morning  ?

;D
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #521: Nov 07, 2016 08:23:31 am
      RedWilly

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #522: Nov 07, 2016 08:51:17 am
      How are we all feeling this morning  ?

;D

Well I went out and celebrated and have had to resort to joining the Monday Club and pulled a sickie from work :D

What a performance, we absolutely destroyed them and didn't even look like we were trying at times.

We are gonna take some shifting from that top spot!
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #523: Nov 07, 2016 09:04:56 am
      What a team, can we, at least, believe that it can be our year! If we continue to work hard, we can.

Make us dream!
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #524: Nov 07, 2016 09:10:52 am
       You know the weird thing for me is when I look at our forward line Firmino, Coutinho, and Mane I find it hard to believe that they will score in game...Posted this before, When we had the like's of Fowler,Owen,Torres, Suarez everytime they received the ball in and around the goal area you "Expected" to see the net bulge, where as with  Firmino, Coutinho, and Mane It is more of a case that you "Hope" to see that net bulge, and yet week after week as soon as the first goal goes in the flood gates open.  And before anyone talks about being negative this team does not hold a candle to past teams.... God if we only had a manager like Klopp back then  .... Here is to hoping that they(LFC) continue to Weird me out
      « Last Edit: Nov 08, 2016 12:04:18 am by The Real Donavan Ried »
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #525: Nov 07, 2016 09:19:30 am
      What a brilliant team performance that was. We absolutely battered a decent team there, Watford are no mugs and they will finish mid table yet we made them look like a league 1 side. I gave Coutinho motm but there were easily five or six contenders. I love this heavy metal football, keep it up reds!

Karius - He actually made 2 or 3 very good stops. His distribution was poor though and he was starting to frustrate me by kicking the ball long and central giving Firmino no chance - the Watford centre halves were winning it every time when this happened and we relied on winning the second ball.

Clyne - I say the same thing about him every week. Defensively solid and very consistent which is all you can ask from him. Going forward he could offer us a little bit more but at the moment there is no need too with the way the front four or five are playing.

Matip - Another great performance by the big man. He wins absolutely everything, he is so dominant. He is so tight to the opposition forwards when the ball gets played into them, he gives them no space at all to turn and most of the time he nips in and wins the ball anyway. Ok, we always give a soft goal away to the opposition but we have looked far more solid since Matip has come in. My only criticism of him yesterday was he gave the ball away once or twice but this happens in a game of football, it was never in a dangerous area and he never put us in any trouble so no complaints at all. Fantastic.

Lucas - Again, a great display from Lucas. For somebody who doesn't have the biggest physique he doesn't get shrugged off the ball does he? He's up against Deeney who is a bully basically and gives defenders problems every week and yet Lucas made him look like a teenage school girl. I personally think Matip and Lucas is our strongest pairing at the moment.

Milner - Got forward well, defended well, nothing more to add. Another good game from James.

Henderson - I've been saying it for a good few weeks now but this deeper role suits him and yesterday was another example. I was easily Jordans biggest critic before this season but I've come to realise he was played out of his position. Put him in front of the back four and he will cover every blade of grass, mop everything up, cover every bit of ground. He's a fantastic DM. He does what Kante does but hes a lot better on the ball than Kante. He wins the ball back for us and then just plays it simple. It's what we've been missing for years!

Can - He started the game dreadfully in my opinion, he was all over the place and was miles off the pace. He then scored a very good header and it seemed to give him a bit of confidence. I thought he grew into the game after that but if I'm honest, I still thought he was the weak link in a very good team. I'd take him out and put Wijnaldum back in for the time being.

Lallana - He played well, some great passing, some great movement and he always works hard off the ball.

Coutinho - Everything goes through him. He has stepped it up a level this season and has gone from a very good player to a world class player. He is bossing games and the other team can't get near him at the moment. A great goal too. Is anybody playing as good as him in the league at the moment? I don't think so.

Mane - Mane was electric and back to his best. Gave Watford a horrible time. Scored a brace and went off to a deserved standing ovation.

Firmino - A very good performance from Bobby. He ran the Watford defence ragid. Got on the score sheet too which was good to see.  The front three of Mane Coutinho and Firmino were just brilliant to watch yesterday. None of them keep still, they all take up each others positions and they all work their bollocks off, add that to the fact that they are very good players with bags of quality then it must be a nightmare to defend against. They aren't as goo as Barca's three and never will be, but I do think they are as good as anyone elses attack in our league.

Sturridge - Could have had a hat trick and he was only on for twenty mins or so! Smashed the bar twice and missed one or two good chances. Good involvement though.

Wijnaldum - Looked very energetic when he came on, got on the score sheet. I'd go with him next game.

TOP OF THE F***ing LEAGUE LADS!!!!  Who's believing now then??? I F***ing AM! 

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,219 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #526: Nov 07, 2016 10:16:48 am
      #Liverpool fans loving life & Football  :D
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #527: Nov 07, 2016 10:18:02 am

TOP OF THE F***ing LEAGUE LADS!!!!  Who's believing now then??? I F***ing AM! 

well get with the plan young man what took yer so long .

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #528: Nov 07, 2016 10:27:03 am
      #Liverpool fans loving life & Football  :D

I've said it once and I'll say it again.
      We gave you two and a half decades to catch up ...and you didn't.

We are off into the distance again.

Toodle Pip.

FIVE

Quick Reply