Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Sunderland?

Loris Karius
      7 (6.1%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      8 (7%)
      Dejan Lovren
      4 (3.5%)
      James Milner
      12 (10.4%)
      Emre Can
      4 (3.5%)
      Jordan Henderson
      15 (13%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      3 (2.6%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      10 (8.7%)
      Sadio Mane
      2 (1.7%)
      Lucas Leiva
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      50 (43.5%)

Total Members Voted: 111

Voting closed: Nov 30, 2016 04:54:54 pm

Liverpool 2-0 Sunderland: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 31519 times
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,339 posts | 1011 
      Re: Liverpool 2-0 Sunderland: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #345: Nov 26, 2016 05:16:28 pm
      Was he kicking off or what??
      He'll be getting a knighthood next.

Sir Jürgen has quite the ring to it!
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #346: Nov 26, 2016 05:16:44 pm
      Pleased with that.... but f**k me what a game at Swansea too!

Very professional performance in the end, dominant and should have been a few more in truth.

Worried about losing Cou and Bobby hobbling off with Mane on his way to the AFCON soon enough.

Karius: 7.5 Apart from the strange goal kick he was excellent. Love a keeper that is willing to go to feet face first with conviction, bravery is one of the main assets of a top class keeper in my opinion and he showed it in spades there.

Milner: 6.5 Thought he was hitting the first man almost the whole game but he kept putting his body on the line and could have been a few more decisions from a sh*te ref. Cool as you like with the pen.

Lovren: 6.5 Should have scored in the first half, didn't have too much to do in terms of defending.

Matip: 6.5 Can't give players that were basically involved in just passing it to their CB partner any higher a score, almost not involved for most of the game, no fault of his own of course.

Clyne: 6.5 He's a weak link in attack and he's decent in defence on the ground. He is what he is but I believe he's someone we can look to improve on in years to come.

Henderson: 5.5 Thought it was a very poor showing from Hendo, no responsibility taken and that was too much of the Hendo of old for me. Get the game out of your head and get back to how you were a few games ago lad.

Can: 7 Thought in the second half he was a real force for us and kept driving forward, definitely the most likely to break them down from any of our midfielders.

Wijnaldum: 6.5 I'm still not convinced about Gini, he's also a little bit too safe and doesn't take enough risks. He's at his best when he's arriving in the box or running beyond but he doesn't do it enough. I know it's about 'timing' but there's got to be more opportunities in a game like that than just a couple of times.

Cou: Not going to give him a mark, just want him to get better as soon as possible, fingers crossed for you lad!

Mane: 6 Cracking run at the end but without that he'd probably have the lowest score of our players, very poor showing by him on the day but it looked like just one of those where absolutely nothing worked for him. Delighted that he finished the game with that run because after so much frustration it can start to get to you and that should give him the positive mind-set we need because he's going to become even more crucial with Cou out.

Firmino: 7.5 Thought he looked our most threatening forward all the time, linked play the best and won us the ball back on countless occasions. Really hoping he didn't pick up an injury too or we'll be in trouble. Just shaded MotM for me.

Origi: 7 Looked good for most of the game, gave us that presence up top that we needed with all the crosses we were firing in. Big goal he got for us, could be especially valuable that and keeps the pressure on all those around us.

Klopp: 7 Thought he got the team selection right before the game but the more we play the bus parkers the more I think that Moreno might be better starting at LB. Can't argue with Milly being on for the pens though. Was cracking seeing him working the fans, getting the most out of them too and driving the team on. That was a game that had 0-0 written all over it for so long but if you want titles you have win them more times than not and I think that was a big win.

Well in Redmen, we march on!

You have got that almost spot on except Henderson. I would not give him more than 4. He just doesn't take responsibility and passes the ball sideways. He needs to get his head out the clouds now. He has had too much plaudits already.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #347: Nov 26, 2016 05:16:48 pm
      Emre Can was so poor tonight. Mane too was not very good.

It seems we still need more creativity in the team.

Jimsouse67

• 9,491 posts | 1479 
      Reply #348: Nov 26, 2016 05:17:35 pm
      Was he kicking off or what??
      He'll be getting a knighthood next.
      Pretty sure it was after kone went right through Bobby,luckily bobby got up afterwards.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #349: Nov 26, 2016 05:18:54 pm
      Such a massive gang of bed wetting pussies on here and at Anfield  :mad:

As if the manager should ever have to gee the crowd up to get behind their team.  Shanks must be turning in his grave it's that pathetic!!

Great win, 3 points and a huge 2 fingers up to the disbelievers. 

Onwards and upwards Redmen, back to the top we go.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #350: Nov 26, 2016 05:19:37 pm
      It was still a Rangers in Europe performance though. Sh*t football is sh*t football. The only chances they had were from Matip/Karius cocking up and giving away free corners and kicks from Pickford. When your goalkeeper is your most creative player you're sh*te end of.

Not giving Sunderland an inch of respect today. Vile football orchestrated by a complete charlatan of a manager.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #351: Nov 26, 2016 05:20:15 pm
      Played a f**king blinder.

And he was going to deck Moyes at one point.

Love him.
      83:09 camera pointed at Klopp who's looking towards the Sunderland bench and one word is uttered from Juergen "c**t" I pissed myself!
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #352: Nov 26, 2016 05:21:46 pm
      Such a massive gang of bed wetting pussies on here and at Anfield  :mad:

As if the manager should ever have to gee the crowd up to get behind their team.  Shanks must be turning in his grave it's that pathetic!!

Great win, 3 points and a huge 2 fingers up to the disbelievers. 

Onwards and upwards Redmen, back to the top we go.
      This all day long!

F***ing embarrassing performance from our crowd what a joke.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #353: Nov 26, 2016 05:25:15 pm
      This all day long!

Were you both there or just pontificating from your high castle?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #354: Nov 26, 2016 05:26:53 pm
      They gave it more of a go than f*cking United did..

And?

They had 6 defenders and 3 midfielders right in front of them all parked in their own box.

22% of possession.

F***ing jokers can jog on. Hope they go down.

Were you both there or just pontificating from your high castle?

Jürgen was losing his sh*t for no reason, then?

Bunch of moaning bas**rds today. Not one song was sung until Jürgen had a word.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #355: Nov 26, 2016 05:31:13 pm
      Not giving Sunderland an inch of respect today. Vile football orchestrated by a complete charlatan of a manager.

I'm sure he'll get over it.

We need to get used to it because it will be coming at us (or not) all season long. Old school, tracksuit, revolutionary, ball playing, bus parking, long ball, tika taka, kick n chase, whatever. Nobody is going to open up and play against us unless we   take the lead.

At the moment with Lallana out and Couts looking at a long lay off we don't look equipped to do it week in week out. Today we took the win, last week we got the point. We need them back, and if we don't have them back we certainly need Dani to give us a different dimension.

It was a team of work horses out there in the end today. Not much there to open up a tight packed defence.

Still, back to the top we go.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #356: Nov 26, 2016 05:31:42 pm
      How was Can worse than Firmino today for example?

Just by watching the match it would have been obvious.

fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #357: Nov 26, 2016 05:35:24 pm
      And?

They had 6 defenders and 3 midfielders right in front of them all parked in their own box.

22% of possession.

F***ing jokers can jog on. Hope they go down.

Jürgen was losing his sh*t for no reason, then?

Bunch of moaning bas**rds today. Not one song was sung until Jürgen had a word.

Get a ticket, Putting people on here on a guilt trip if they're venting frustration isn't part of the deal.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #358: Nov 26, 2016 05:39:12 pm
      Just by watching the match it would have been obvious.

Hm I thought Can did more in a way.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #359: Nov 26, 2016 05:39:21 pm
      I don't know why people are having a bit of jib with the supporters in the ground today. In the context of it, struggling against Sunderland and especially seeing your best player stretchered off, I don't expect them to be singing like it's the first day of spring. Half time was really troubling for me. No adrenaline flowing, seen Coutinho stretchered off and doing nothing to break Sunderland down. I can't imagine what it'd have been like being there first person in the stadium. It was a frustrating environment, the pace of the game was pretty slow, it was plodding.

I can forgive the supporters for their 'misdemeanour' because when Klopp asked for the support he got it back in abundance. That last 20-30 minutes was probably the best atmosphere at Anfield this season. So in the end it was well played to the supporters at Anfield today. They did the job.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #360: Nov 26, 2016 05:42:39 pm
      Spurs one up and bossing the game  ;D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #361: Nov 26, 2016 05:44:17 pm
      Get a ticket, Putting people on here on a guilt trip if they're venting frustration isn't part of the deal.

Putting people on here on a guilt trip? Talking about the F***ing Anfield crowd. Which was sh*t until Jürgen got them going.

Head wobble.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #362: Nov 26, 2016 05:50:40 pm
      Putting people on here on a guilt trip? Talking about the F***ing Anfield crowd. Which was sh*t until Jürgen got them going.

Head wobble.

Head wobble is the shittiest thing I've heard from pop culture in awhile does that come from the jog on area? F**k knows I don't live near farms or sheep ok.
      Skit them when you actually go there and feel why it's tense. it's a two way thing, the supporters feel the players feeling tense then the circle happens.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #363: Nov 26, 2016 05:52:23 pm
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #364: Nov 26, 2016 05:54:39 pm
      I'm guessing us winning 2-0 was just a dream and we in fact lost 12-0? Cheer up people! ;D
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #365: Nov 26, 2016 05:59:26 pm
      I'm guessing us winning 2-0 was just a dream and we in fact lost 12-0? Cheer up people! ;D

Aye was thinking the same, not quite sure why people are arguing on here and being agressive. It was a good win against a side who sat very deep and defended superbly (their two CBs and keeper were superb). Good to see our lads playing with such patience and sticking with it and got their just deserts. As for the fans, what's all the fuss? Have sat in plenty quieter atmospheres at Anfield than today (not that I was there today) and unfortunately that's the way it goes with modern day footy.

Top of the league! Happy days!
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #366: Nov 26, 2016 06:01:12 pm
      Well that was a tuff one! and I'm  gutted for Coutinho :'( poor bloke he's in mental form right now!! hopefully he is able to make a full recovery soon!

I was also quite impressed with Karius in particular today, he had a few shaky moments but then he also seemed a lot sharper for the majority of the game.  I was a doubter at first, but now I'm starting to see his strengths, and 2 clean sheets in a row! get in :-D

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,353 posts | 1634 
      Reply #367: Nov 26, 2016 06:07:41 pm
      This all day long!

Not having that at all  saw Klopp giving it some on the line , people on here saying the crowd  was quiet well I dont know how it came over on tv but it certainly wasnt quiet not where I was sat at least be interesting to hear a view off a few others who were there

Quick Reply