Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v B'mouth?

Loris Karius
      6 (5.8%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      11 (10.7%)
      Lucas Leiva
      3 (2.9%)
      Dejan Lovren
      2 (1.9%)
      James Milner
      20 (19.4%)
      Emre Can
      11 (10.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (2.9%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      5 (4.9%)
      Sadio Mane
      32 (31.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1%)
      Divock Origi
      9 (8.7%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 100

Voting closed: Dec 08, 2016 03:31:56 pm

AFC Bournemouth 4-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 39339 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: AFC Bournemouth 4-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #552: Dec 04, 2016 04:28:50 pm
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,665 posts | 491 
      Reply #553: Dec 04, 2016 04:29:54 pm
      Well that is the nail on the head, does Klopp actually know how to set up a team to defend a f**king lead, I thought he had some kind of tactical genius as an assistant!!

Utterly pathetic, I'm so so pissed off. I genuinely think that is the league gone, not because of points but because every team will now see that all they have to do to beat us is shoot at goal, doesn't even have to be a great shot. We might as well have a cardboard cutout for a goalie.
      Well, you can also remember when we did well at Chelsea away. Ignorance much?
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,224 posts | 1648 
      Reply #554: Dec 04, 2016 04:30:54 pm
      If only we could've parked the bus at 3-1 up !

I don't think we've owned a bus since Rafa left :D
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #555: Dec 04, 2016 04:31:01 pm
      May have been a game for Sakho........
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #556: Dec 04, 2016 04:34:24 pm
      This defeat is entirely on Klopp for two reasons, firstly what in the F**k is he saying at half time becuase all to foten if we are leading then we come out as if the game is over and let the other team back into it. it;s not good enough, we shoudl start every half with the same intensity.
      Secondly when the F**k will he learn to make substitutions and change formation to defend a lead. At 3-1 he should have taken an AM off and changed it to 5 at the back, bringing on Klavan and just shut up shop, there is no way that Bournemouth would have got through a tightly packed defence.

No two ways about it, this is bad bad loss, the entire team were utter crap in the second half with the exception of a very nice Can goal.

Oh final point bring back Migs, at least he made to occasional save, then in January break the bank to bring in a goalie, I'm fed up having sh*t goalies now.
      Class
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 310 posts | 82 
      Reply #557: Dec 04, 2016 04:36:28 pm
      Wijnaldum is escaping a lot of criticism here (maybe he isn't, struggling to keep up with some of these posts) but he was f**king sh*t today. I said it on Tuesday as well how sh*t he looked when he didn't have the first XI around him.

When we were playing amazing football at the start of the season I didn't notice him. Didn't single him out for praise, he just went unnoticed.

Now we're further into the season I am struggling to see why we bought him, don't really see what he brings to the team. He can't tackle, he doesn't shoot. He's got 2 asssists and one goal out of the 30 odd that we've scored.

Wijnaldum is Lallana's water-carrier he's hopeless without him. He was effective at the start of the season, not good just effective, because he shadowed Lallana well. When Adam triggered the press, Wijnaldum followed. When Adam invariably got crowded out by the opposition players, Wijnaldum would offer the out-ball. When Adam bombed forward Wijnaldum took up the pockets of space in behind him. As an individual Wijnaldum offers absolutely nothing (anyone who watched Newcastle enough times last season would tell you that) he only exists to make Lallana's life easier. Losing Lallana meant that we effectively lost 2 players and with Emre being so dire we've effectively been playing without 3 midfielders at times.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #558: Dec 04, 2016 04:36:44 pm
      Well, you can also remember when we did well at Chelsea away. Ignorance much?

?? When we are good we are very very good and have been most of the season but to lose how we did today, what other top team does that, seriously I can't think of one who has that kind of humiliating turnaround against a sh*t relegation fodder team.
      Class
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 310 posts | 82 
      Reply #559: Dec 04, 2016 04:39:03 pm
      This defeat is entirely on Klopp for two reasons, firstly what in the f**k is he saying at half time becuase all to foten if we are leading then we come out as if the game is over and let the other team back into it. it;s not good enough, we shoudl start every half with the same intensity.
      Secondly when the f**k will he learn to make substitutions and change formation to defend a lead. At 3-1 he should have taken an AM off and changed it to 5 at the back, bringing on Klavan and just shut up shop, there is no way that Bournemouth would have got through a tightly packed defence.

No two ways about it, this is bad bad loss, the entire team were utter crap in the second half with the exception of a very nice Can goal.

Oh final point bring back Migs, at least he made to occasional save, then in January break the bank to bring in a goalie, I'm fed up having sh*t goalies now.

Yep it's all Klopp's fault. He gave away the penalty, he lost an aerial duel to Jack F***ing Wilshere en route to Bournemouth's third goal and he dropped the ball for their winner. You're right all Klopp.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #560: Dec 04, 2016 04:39:55 pm
      sh*t happens

Learn from this result and keep going

At the start of the year I would of taken our position right now 
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,889 posts | 704 
      Reply #561: Dec 04, 2016 04:41:01 pm
      Anyway, we were 2-0 up at Bournemouth at half time, but conceded in injury time. These are the kind of games we were winning last season.

This game went basically as last year's home game against Dortmund, in reverse. But if Klopp still wonders why there are too many doubters and not enough believers, this game will show him why.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #562: Dec 04, 2016 04:41:52 pm
      Yep it's all Klopp's fault. He gave away the penalty, he lost an aerial duel to Jack f**king Wilshere en route to Bournemouth's third goal and he dropped the ball for their winner. You're right all Klopp.

None of which would have happened if he'd bought a good goalie, played Karius as CB and changed to a defensive formation.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #563: Dec 04, 2016 04:42:35 pm
      Just popped in to check the score, what the F happened today? Are you kidding me?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      Reply #564: Dec 04, 2016 04:43:22 pm
      Only four points off top before Xmas with a load of very hard aways out of the way.

Going to try and not hit the panic button until we lose a two or three consecutively.
      Kopite78
      Reply #565: Dec 04, 2016 04:44:03 pm
      This defeat is entirely on Klopp for two reasons, firstly what in the f**k is he saying at half time becuase all to foten if we are leading then we come out as if the game is over and let the other team back into it. it;s not good enough, we shoudl start every half with the same intensity.
      Secondly when the f**k will he learn to make substitutions and change formation to defend a lead. At 3-1 he should have taken an AM off and changed it to 5 at the back, bringing on Klavan and just shut up shop, there is no way that Bournemouth would have got through a tightly packed defence.

No it isn't

At half time I will guarantee you he didn't say

Anyone got a light for this cigar? F***ing easy this lads, I mean up to yous but if 6 or 7 of you want to get changed the rest will sort this

As for changing shapes completely at 3-1? I know of literally zero managers who do this on a regular basis..

Did you see him going ballistic on the sidelines at 2-1 and 3-1? Then 3-2? He trains the teams to a shape, he sets them up... If players levels drop off massively and don't do the simple things on the pitch he can't do that much... The players out there who were off with their first touch or not switching on and winning it back, jogging when they make a mistake.. That's on them.
      The CB swishing at one again to lead to Milner giving the pen away.. That's on them
      Not matching the intensity that they would have been sent out with like they have all season.. That's on them
      The keeper throwing two in... That's on him

If anything the changes cost us today, Mane was a massive threat and when he went off and Lallana came on coincided with us losing the outball and control (possible injury but still)

It's a game where potentially two midfielders in a back four cost us buts it's not the first time this season it's been done.

We lost control of that game because of the players and the players alone
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #566: Dec 04, 2016 04:46:19 pm
      Just popped in to check the score, what the F happened today? Are you kidding me?

2 things, Klopp who has no concept of defending a lead and secondly a joke of a goalkeeper who makes Migs look good.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      Reply #567: Dec 04, 2016 04:46:40 pm

Heads up, Mane was poor - end of. Scored one, was heavily involved in another and got an assist before going off injured.

Not good enough.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #568: Dec 04, 2016 04:49:45 pm
      No it isn't

At half time I will guarantee you he didn't say

Anyone got a light for this cigar? F***ing easy this lads, I mean up to yous but if 6 or 7 of you want to get changed the rest will sort this

As for changing shapes completely at 3-1? I know of literally zero managers who do this on a regular basis..

Did you see him going ballistic on the sidelines at 2-1 and 3-1? Then 3-2? He trains the teams to a shape, he sets them up... If players levels drop off massively and don't do the simple things on the pitch he can't do that much... The players out there who were off with their first touch or not switching on and winning it back, jogging when they make a mistake.. That's on them.
      The CB swishing at one again to lead to Milner giving the pen away.. That's on them
      Not matching the intensity that they would have been sent out with like they have all season.. That's on them
      The keeper throwing two in... That's on him

If anything the changes cost us today, Mane was a massive threat and when he went off and Lallana came on coincided with us losing the outball and control (possible injury but still)

It's a game where potentially two midfielders in a back four cost us buts it's not the first time this season it's been done.

We lost control of that game because of the players and the players alone

Are you being serious? Have you really never seen a manager change formation to defend a lead?? I guess you don't see a lot of football then, its called smart management. BTW Of course I'm not assuming Klopp tells them all to chill out at half time but something is wrong in what he is saying because far to often the team goes out with a relaxed attitude in the second half, think about it.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #569: Dec 04, 2016 04:51:07 pm
      I think what was most shocking is that at 2-1 we sorted the F**k up to go 3-1 only to completely throw it away
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #570: Dec 04, 2016 04:51:56 pm
      Heads up, Mane was poor - end of. Scored one, was heavily involved in another and got an assist before going off injured.

Not good enough.
      ????? Weren't three of their goals scored after he went off, so how the F**k can it be Mane's fault?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #571: Dec 04, 2016 04:53:44 pm
      I think what was most shocking is that at 2-1 we sorted the f**k up to go 3-1 only to completely throw it away

I'm not sure we did really, we got a bit more into the game at that point but our third goal was against the run of play in my opinion
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,512 posts | 4851 
      Reply #572: Dec 04, 2016 04:54:52 pm
      ????? Weren't three of their goals scored after he went off, so how the f**k can it be Mane's fault?

I was being sarcastic. People were saying he was poor in the match thread.
      Class
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 310 posts | 82 
      Reply #573: Dec 04, 2016 04:55:32 pm
      None of which would have happened if he'd bought a good goalie, played Karius as CB and changed to a defensive formation.

Even hindsight can't make you look smart. The only point I'll give you is Karius but I remember people being awfully happy with  him,when we signed him,on this very forum. The only question that Klavan is the answer to is "name an Estonian who's played in the Premier League" and since when has Jürgen added a third centre half with 26 minutes to go? (which is when we got 3-1 up) What he's done has worked thus far so why would he change it? It's not like he could predict Origi being outjumped by Wilshere or Karius dropping the ball.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #574: Dec 04, 2016 04:57:43 pm
      I was being sarcastic. People were saying he was poor in the match thread.

Apologies, actually I'd better leave this thread for a bit until I calm down, I'm just so pissed off with that result, but hopefully it will give the team a necessary jolt and get us back into the groove we had at the start of the season as we have been fairly sh*t since the International break.

If I was West Ham I'd be getting very very nervous already!!

Quick Reply