Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v B'mouth?

Loris Karius
      6 (5.8%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      11 (10.7%)
      Lucas Leiva
      3 (2.9%)
      Dejan Lovren
      2 (1.9%)
      James Milner
      20 (19.4%)
      Emre Can
      11 (10.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (2.9%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      5 (4.9%)
      Sadio Mane
      32 (31.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (1%)
      Divock Origi
      9 (8.7%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 100

Voting closed: Dec 08, 2016 03:31:56 pm

AFC Bournemouth 4-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 39413 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: AFC Bournemouth 4-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #506: Dec 04, 2016 03:49:41 pm
      Henderson was on his own in midfield today - seriously I cannot understand the criticism of him.

Surely you can expect your keeper to make a save every now and again?

And being Captain, he should have pulled either Wijnaldum or Can along side him to help out.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #507: Dec 04, 2016 03:49:57 pm
      WTF  ?
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,394 posts | 1025 
      Reply #508: Dec 04, 2016 03:51:02 pm
      We shouldn't have to learn from that it should be ingrained in the players mentality by now!

I agree, it should, but it so obviously isn't. We have had this problem for a number of years now, it's about time we sorted it out. We are fine while we are in front, but once we feel threatened we seem to panic!

Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #509: Dec 04, 2016 03:51:16 pm
      I agree with this. He's far too erratic for me long term. Thays if the way he plays is erratic. Hard to describe but more often than not I'm left thinking that he's a bit of a mad player.

I honestly think with a more mature and technically sound player, we would have perhaps avoided defeat.

My mind is mind is made up on him, Can is absolutely killing this teams momentum.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,665 posts | 491 
      Reply #510: Dec 04, 2016 03:51:33 pm
      A bad day, thats it. Remember last time we lost? In F***ing August, yes, its been 3 and a half months with this team only. We will be back stronger.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #511: Dec 04, 2016 03:52:53 pm
      We made Bournemouth, who are second rate players look world beaters today. So many poor performances today. If we're to finish in the top four we have to invest in Jan
      scotscouse
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 40 
      Reply #512: Dec 04, 2016 03:53:07 pm
      Game reminded me of the crystal palace away game when on course for the title under Rodgers allowed opponents back in it , To win titles you need to grind results like this out i thought we done that when winning 3-1 Klopp must share the blame changes should have been made at that stage Formino did not look interested get him a pair of gloves maybe the cold affected his game as for keeper his hair style like others seem to be their priorities now a days should of shut up shop at 3-1 great chance to put a stamp on serious title challenge after man city result yesterday hope this result does not have an affect now on team
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,405 posts | 191 
      Re: LIVE: Bournemouth v Liverpool
      Reply #513: Dec 04, 2016 03:53:19 pm
      Before today I didn't think our defense was as bad as the pundits been saying. We shipped 5 in the 1st 2 matches. Since then its been 9 allowed in 11, which is decent and in line with other top clubs.

Then today happens. 4 in one half. Comical.  A team with title aspirations cannot let that happen. I realize Matip is out. But no excuse, we weren't playing Barcelona and had done enough to lead 3-1 with 15 minutes to kill off.

And for Karius, it's clear to me he is not the answer. The only saves he makes are on shots that are right at him. The winner today was ridiculous, spilling it like that. That's schoolboy crap. I don't know who is worse honestly, him or Migs. Maybe it's time to throw Migs back in there. I don't know. Milner can probably do a better job than both of them.

I might be knee-jerking right now, but I feel like the whole season can change on a game like today. What's the point of winning at Arsenal and at Chelsea when you throw it away with losses at Burnley and Bournemouth. Just very angry and frustrated now.
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #514: Dec 04, 2016 03:53:23 pm
       Don't know how to shut out games. That's it! Defense useless no positioning, no pace, silly fouls and soiled undies.
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #515: Dec 04, 2016 03:53:41 pm
      The players thought it was done and dusted after the third goal,complacency set in and we paid for it 😡 Been thinking for weeks now Can should not be in this side he's too slow,and as for Karius just F**k right off will you lad 😡😡😡
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #516: Dec 04, 2016 03:54:43 pm
      I see the big issue is in midfield, far too many lighweight and slow players in Wijnaldum, Firminho Hendo and  Hendo. Well hendo is slightly better but he chose to be slow.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #517: Dec 04, 2016 03:55:09 pm
      Wijnaldum is escaping a lot of criticism here (maybe he isn't, struggling to keep up with some of these posts) but he was F***ing sh*t today. I said it on Tuesday as well how sh*t he looked when he didn't have the first XI around him.

When we were playing amazing football at the start of the season I didn't notice him. Didn't single him out for praise, he just went unnoticed.

Now we're further into the season I am struggling to see why we bought him, don't really see what he brings to the team. He can't tackle, he doesn't shoot. He's got 2 asssists and one goal out of the 30 odd that we've scored.
      Class
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 310 posts | 82 
      Reply #518: Dec 04, 2016 03:56:05 pm
      I agree with this. He's far too erratic for me long term. That's if the way he plays is erratic. Hard to describe but more often than not I'm left thinking that he's a bit of a mad player.

He's not mad I just think he's sloppy. He doesn't take enough care with the ball. Arguably our best midfielder of the last 25 years (not named Gerrard) was Xabi Alonso and he was slow as well but he took care of the ball and he was precise. Can has the first touch of a rapist at times and his passing and positioning can be atrocious mainly because he doesn't care he just assumes that the ball will get back to him at some point.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #519: Dec 04, 2016 03:56:24 pm
      I see the big issue is in midfield, far too many lighweight and slow players in Wijnaldum, Firminho Hendo and  Hendo. Well hendo is slightly better but he chose to be slow.

No, all these players have starred this season and aren't the problem, on the other hand, Emre Can hasn't.

He is the dependent variable in this, an abject player who has destroyed our rhythm. The moment since he has come in the squad, we have been conceding a higher rate of shots with the opposition gliding past us through the middle.

Really really malign influence on the team.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Re: LIVE: Bournemouth v Liverpool
      Reply #520: Dec 04, 2016 03:56:42 pm
      Really disappointing to loose that. All 3 pts were there for the taking, not just 1. We gifted them away. Shocking defending, absolutely terrible. And not just at the back, if you believe we defend from the front. Even at 3-1 up you thought that if Bournemouth put some pressure on us they'd make chances.

Karius  has done nothing at all since being put in the starting XI. Poor distribution at times today, putting defenders under pressure particularly near the end. Should've done better for second? Fumbled the 4th. One decent stop, apart from that nothing to do. Doesn't command the area. How long do we give him to start contributing? Today was a day to make a difference, close game ... and he did, but in a bad way.

Lucas did well in the first half, nipping in front of guys, but once things got stretched in the 2nd half and Bournemouth put us under pressure, balls into the box, he's not a commanding CB. Milner did OK, gave away the peno, but Lovren made the prior mistake. Clyne was a bit anonymous on the other side.

You'd think with Hendo/Can/Wijnaldum in the centre we'd be solid enough, but definitely there is a lack of creativity when things get tight, like they did today. Great hit by Can though in fairness to him.

Thought in the last 25 mins up front we were poor. no creativity. Origi for most of the game wasn't great, took one goal well, but one terrible  miss too. A lot of his passes went astray, and moves broke down around him. I think he's done well recently, but not good today imo. Gave the ball away cheaply for the move from which they scored. Bobby was anonymous.

Mane did well though, and think when he went off and Lallana went on that's when the game changed and things swung to them. Adam did nothing at all when he came on, we lost cutting edge, possession and territory in final third, lost Manes pace, and started to interchange a lot of short passes that had us going nowhere.

Think starting to see how we will miss Cou. Sure we scored 3, but if we'd Cou on and we're on our game today we get 5 or 6.  When Mane goes off, very few options off the bench (Lallana has been out a long time). Whatever about the result today which was disappointing, how we react is important, really need to bounce back in next game. Fast pace being set up the top of the table, have to try hang in there and put this behind us quickly.

Oh, and gave Sadio MOTM.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #521: Dec 04, 2016 03:56:55 pm
      Well see how strong Klopp is in the next game, if Klopp doesn't change Can and Karius then we're going nowhere fast
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,665 posts | 491 
      Reply #522: Dec 04, 2016 03:56:56 pm
      Haha, so you didn't saw any issues when we were winning with these players in the first team?  :o
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #523: Dec 04, 2016 03:57:27 pm
      Wijnaldum is escaping a lot of criticism here (maybe he isn't, struggling to keep up with some of these posts) but he was f**king sh*t today. I said it on Tuesday as well how sh*t he looked when he didn't have the first XI around him.

When we were playing amazing football at the start of the season I didn't notice him. Didn't single him out for praise, he just went unnoticed.

Now we're further into the season I am struggling to see why we bought him, don't really see what he brings to the team. He can't tackle, he doesn't shoot. He's got 2 asssists and one goal out of the 30 odd that we've scored.

Same thoughts. When I first saw him, I asked; he's so bloody slow in his movement and thinking and is he really suited to the EPL?
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #524: Dec 04, 2016 03:57:39 pm
      Can and Wijnaldum together in midfield does not work. It showed against Sunderland and it shows again today. They are both very slow. Combining that with a Lucas in defense and any fast player could cut through our entire team with pace.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #525: Dec 04, 2016 03:58:10 pm
      Haha, so you didn't saw any issues when we were winning with these players in the first team?  :o

haha, have you conveniently forgotten Cou?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #526: Dec 04, 2016 03:58:28 pm
      Whats most dissapointing today is not the loss but the manner.

Klopp goes on at the fans about being believers but seems to me a few of his own players are doubters.

Really thought we would not be seeing those sort of performances again.

Karius was a completes shambles today and its no great surprise that when Lucas starts in the first team we struggle and that seemed to reverberate to the rest of the defence esp Lovren who was back to his first season form.

Firmino was a complete passenger and surely should have been taken off.

Where was Hendo as the DM..........to be caught on the counter like that shows a complete lack of football brains.

Said it before Can's best position is as a number 6 and that goal did nothing to change my mind.

We really missed Mane's tracking back as witnessed by being caught on the counter time after time.

Clyne was probably the only one who merits a positive mention.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #527: Dec 04, 2016 03:58:49 pm
      Well see how strong Klopp is in the next game, if Klopp doesn't change Can and Karius then we're going nowhere fast

We don't really have that many option in midfield though do we?
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #528: Dec 04, 2016 04:00:30 pm
      Can and Wijnaldum together in midfield does not work. It showed against Sunderland and it shows again today. They are both very slow. Combining that with a Lucas in defense and any fast player could cut through our entire team with pace.

The problem is we don't have any players faster than them at the moment. Klopp has to understand now that this is not the German League. Slow and lightweights players just doesn't work.

Quick Reply