Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 13th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W7 D4 L5

Joe Hart - should Liverpool go for him?

Read 18684 times
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Re: Joe Hart - should Liverpool go for him?
      Reply #184: Dec 28, 2016 12:49:49 pm
      Three wins in three games (after 1 point from 6), 1 goal conceeded. not sure how you figure that tbh

Because if there is one universal constant in football, sooner or later, Mignolet will make a mistake. Yesterday it didn't cost us because our attackers pulled us out of the fire. Against a better team that will cost us. Besides, it's not just 'one point' is it? it's numerous points over numerous games over the time he's been with us. Mignolet is sh*t. Karius isn't ready. We need a goal keeping solution once and for all.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #185: Dec 28, 2016 01:10:25 pm
      Yesterday, once again, reitterated the desperate need we're in to sort out the goalkeeping situation once and for all. Those calling for Mignolet's return sure looks like a bunch of mugs now. But people need to remember why Hart was dropped and why Karius was bought. Hart is a keeper in the mold of Mignolet, albeit more talented and less error prone. He likes to kick the ball long. Karius was bought in precisely because he's better with his feet than Mignolet so finding an upgrade on knobhead isn't the solution we need, it's finding an upgrade on Karius.

Hmm I wonder what that post makes you?

Mignolet has been much better than Karius in the 3 games after he came back, he has only really made one mistake and even that one can be put down to poor defending and a bullet header which most keepers would struggle with.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1670 
      • YNWA
      Reply #186: Dec 28, 2016 01:26:26 pm
      Because if there is one universal constant in football, sooner or later, Mignolet will make a mistake. Yesterday it didn't cost us because our attackers pulled us out of the fire. Against a better team that will cost us.

Don't disagree with that. I'd have sold Mignolet in the summer. But we didn't. Karius, before being dropped was a mess, as Klopp says he needs time. Migs has done OK since coming in, but we've seen enough of him to know longer term he's not the answer - would be great if we could make a GK improvement in Jan, as we have a chance to push for a title - though maybe Jürgen will wait till summer and for second half of season we'll have to a) hope Mignolet's form holds out or b) Karius makes a Lazurus level recovery.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #187: Dec 28, 2016 02:41:25 pm
      It's a decent shout but I wouldn't be excited about bringing Hart in, which probably says a lot. He's certainly better than what we have now but we need a long term world class keeper of the calibre of De Gea or Courtois. We haven't had a solid leader of a keeper since baldy and it's easily our single biggest weak spot. Goalkeeping weakness creates uncertainty and indecision in defense, which undermines the whole team.

We should be looking for world class for that position, not has beens or future might bes.
      scotscouse
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 40 
      Reply #188: Dec 28, 2016 03:06:09 pm
      De gea  struggled when he first arrived but saf stood bye him explaining he was young and would come good,so much that Real nearly signed him .instead of Hart why not go for the keeper that will eventually take his position as Englands number one.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #189: Dec 28, 2016 05:03:35 pm
      De gea  struggled when he first arrived but saf stood bye him explaining he was young and would come good,so much that Real nearly signed him .instead of Hart why not go for the keeper that will eventually take his position as Englands number one.

Trouble is, the future no 1's are relatively young and inexperienced, much like Karius. Forster and Heaton are probably the next best English keepers. I'd happily take a chance on them, but as an under study rather than main man in one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Good point about De Gea though, I think his class of keepers are hard to come by.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #190: Dec 28, 2016 10:29:28 pm
      Don't disagree with that. I'd have sold Mignolet in the summer. But we didn't. Karius, before being dropped was a mess, as Klopp says he needs time. Migs has done OK since coming in, but we've seen enough of him to know longer term he's not the answer - would be great if we could make a GK improvement in Jan, as we have a chance to push for a title - though maybe Jürgen will wait till summer and for second half of season we'll have to a) hope Mignolet's form holds out or b) Karius makes a Lazurus level recovery.

Karius needing time is proof in point of Klopp's mistake in not replacing Mignolet with a senior, experienced Keeper in the Summer, and what Mignolet form? He's done well outside of his mistakes but that's no more than Karius did. Both are equally error prone, the difference being Karius is better with his feet. The one glaring issue with Liverpool in recent years is our failure to replace Reina and until we find someone as good and reliable as he was before his decline, it will continue to be our achillies heal. Knee-jerk solutions like Hart would only compound that failure.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #191: Dec 28, 2016 11:16:55 pm
      Why are so many on about joe hart?
      Is it because he is english? The national team's number 1? Because many have followed his career? The fact that he has been loaned out by a fellow premier ship club? That he is vocal within a dressing room? Because he appears to continually communicate with his defenders?
      Because all of that is irrelevant to me if a player isn't good enough.
      In my opinion joe is a good keeper and at times great BUT I don't believe he is world class or that much better than what we have. Honestly.
      BUT if klopp wants him and he were to sign, I would back him to the hilt.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,301 posts | 4948 
      Reply #192: Dec 28, 2016 11:21:46 pm
      Is it because he is english? The national team's number 1? Because many have followed his career? The fact that he has been loaned out by a fellow premier ship club? That he is vocal within a dressing room? Because he appears to continually communicate with his defenders?
      In my opinion joe is a good keeper and at times great BUT I don't believe he is world class or that much better than what we have. Honestly.

I don't get it either but it seems every ex pro who is English working in the media thinks he's great and hard done by at City.

If it was a foreign keeper that Pep got rid of for being average then we wouldn't hear about him again.

I see Carta is the latest on the bad wagon.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #193: Dec 28, 2016 11:33:52 pm
       The fact that he has been loaned out by a fellow premier ship club?  Because he appears to continually communicate with his defenders?
      It is rumored that should Chelsea lose Thibaut Courtois that they wopuld look to Joe Hart to replace him
      http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/chelsea-transfer-news-joe-hart-thibaut-courtois-blues-steven-nzonzi-rumours-latest-a7497181.html

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-target-joe-hart-if-thibaut-courtois-joins-real-madrid-arsenals-jack-wilshere-in-demand-a3428576.html

Seems that Antonio Conte thinks that he is good enough

In my opinion joe is a good keeper and at times great BUT I don't believe he is world class or that much better than what we have. . Honestly

He is not;(World Class that is), and we could not attract one at present but; he is sound
      « Last Edit: Dec 29, 2016 11:55:25 am by The Real Donavan Ried »
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #194: Dec 29, 2016 10:25:42 am
      All these media folk and tv pundits who are pushing the idea of Hart coming back to the PL in January need to check their facts before spouting sh*te.

He can't sign for another Club (anywhere) this season as he's already played for 2 Clubs.

F***ing dipshits  :mad:
      rossyred

• 9,306 posts | 1669 
      Reply #195: Dec 29, 2016 10:39:11 am
      Pickford the one to get and would walk straight in . Swap deal with Mignolet ?
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #196: Dec 29, 2016 11:57:21 am
      All these media folk and tv pundits who are pushing the idea of Hart coming back to the PL in January need to check their facts before spouting sh*te.

He can't sign for another Club (anywhere) this season as he's already played for 2 Clubs.

F***ing dipshits  :mad:
      Thank you debs, It was a fact that I was unaware of...  :dunce2:
      But It would still not stop us(if they so wished) to make an approach for him in the summer
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #197: Dec 29, 2016 12:18:21 pm
      Thank you debs, It was a fact that I was unaware of...  :dunce2:
      But It would still not stop us(if they so wished) to make an approach for him in the summer

I think Jürgen has more sense mate.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #198: Dec 29, 2016 02:21:00 pm

Agreed.

I always wonder why so many think the grass is always greener somewhere else.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #199: Dec 29, 2016 02:25:23 pm
      Agreed.

I always wonder why so many think the grass is always greener somewhere else.

Or don't understand how we play.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,051 posts | 342 
      Reply #200: Dec 29, 2016 02:57:31 pm
      Aah! The voices of common sense, thank Klopp.

Joe Hart?  No.

Think back to 2013 - 14 when Migs was dropped in the winter for his errors, but was restored to the side (with his wife's pep talk ringing in his ears) and played a big part in the fabulous run we had towards the (almost) title.

We ought to know by now that players play better (and the team does better) when they have the SUPPORT of the SUPPORTERS.  Confidence grows quickly with backing and trust, and falls away quickly without it.

WHY the hell do so many of us get so much of a buzz from destroying our own?  Give the lads a f*****g chance.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #201: Dec 29, 2016 03:11:01 pm
      Or don't understand how we play.

True.

So many caught up in the concept of fixed positions, rather than the fluidity Klopp demands, especially around the "half space".
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #202: Dec 29, 2016 03:54:57 pm
      True.

So many caught up in the concept of fixed positions, rather than the fluidity Klopp demands, especially around the "half space".

Yeah but lets keep the goalkeepers between the sticks for now.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #203: Dec 29, 2016 03:57:10 pm
      Yeah but lets keep the goalkeepers between the sticks for now.

That's so last decade mate  ;)
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #204: Dec 29, 2016 04:10:06 pm

Haha, I've just about learn to accept that formations now begun with a 1 in front of them.

Dinosaur
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #205: Dec 29, 2016 05:12:24 pm
      Haha, I've just about learn to accept that formations now begun with a 1 in front of them.

Dinosaur

I've stopped worrying about it and just enjoy us for what we are, which is a damn fine footballing side. 
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #206: Dec 30, 2016 09:40:11 am
      Than Me??... ;D, Yes I guess so  :D

Quick Reply