Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W3 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Boro?

Simon Mignolet
      2 (1.8%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      1 (0.9%)
      Dejan Lovren
      2 (1.8%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      2 (1.8%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      93 (83.8%)
      Sadio Mane
      8 (7.2%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      3 (2.7%)
      Lucas Leiva
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Ovie Ejaria
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 106

Voting closed: Dec 18, 2016 09:39:16 pm

Middlesbrough 0-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 20103 times
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Re: Middlesbrough 0-3 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #345: Dec 15, 2016 07:57:54 am
      I only saw the MOTD highlights and was getting kept up to with the score by everyone in the pub (chockers last night) but that is a bloody good win.

I predicted many things in the Summer and they all proved to be totally bollocks.  Except for my prediction that Adam Lallana would be our player of the year, thank God for him!
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #346: Dec 15, 2016 09:14:09 am
      Anyone else think a Matip and Klavan partnership could be the way forward?

Id certainly like to see them given a run. He was excellent last night and i think with Matip rather than Lovren next to him  it could be a very solid line of defence.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #347: Dec 15, 2016 09:37:18 am
      Delighted with that result..
      Thought we dominated Middlesborough and made them look even shittier than sh*t..
      I mean, when your trump card is bringing Downing on to change the game... There's no f**kin hope left for you I'm afraid  ;D

Some silky smooth moves in that second half that cut their defence wide open.. fantastic stuff..
      Playing that long ball forward stretched their two banks of 4 open allowing us to pounce on the second ball more often and start creating more.. another reason why I love Jürgen's tactics...

Thought the ref had a good game which is a rare thing these days..

Was gonna give my MOTM to Klavan who showed some really classy touches and link up play but decided on Lallana who was on fire and get's better each time he plays..

:scarf:
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #348: Dec 15, 2016 09:49:19 am
      Was gonna give my MOTM to Klavan who showed some really classy touches and link up play but decided on Lallana who was on fire and get's better each time he plays..

When Matip back available, not sure that Lovren should be automatic choice ahead of Klavan. Based on form, Klavan is pushing hard, good that Klopp has a choice there.  Strange though looking back that Lucas was in there for Bournemouth, but anyway, good performance last night.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,064 posts | 547 
      Reply #349: Dec 15, 2016 10:39:06 am
      Important win that. We needed to stop the rot and keep ourselves in the title race and we have.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #350: Dec 15, 2016 10:42:43 am
      When Matip back available, not sure that Lovren should be automatic choice ahead of Klavan. Based on form, Klavan is pushing hard, good that Klopp has a choice there.  Strange though looking back that Lucas was in there for Bournemouth, but anyway, good performance last night.

I think the fact that Klavan is, what? 31 now, he may not have the legs to chase down the Augero's and Hazards of this world in a sprint but he has the experience up top to read the game better and the more game time he gets the more he can settle in to the way the players in front of him work...
      He's started 7 games this season and lasted the full 90 in each one so he has the stamina and is adapting to life in the premiership really well.
      I don't think it matters who he plays alongside, Lovren or Matip but I do think he's turning into a valuable asset to our title asparations.
      Let's not forget we've got big Joe Gomez to return soon as well..
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #351: Dec 15, 2016 11:11:22 am
      Frustrating how Mane and Wijnaldum find ways not to score, they are always creating opportunities but lack the finishing. If they scored more, we'd score 3+ every game... (Edit: Not crticising, they are doing great; I'm just highlighting that given how many chances they create regularly or how many times they find themselves in great positions, they don't score or assist that much)

Other than that everyone was good. Special mention to Milner who is doing a great job at LB.

Lallana and Origi are currently the most important players of the squad given their form. I'm so pleased for and impressed by them. :scarf:

Mane is our top scorer though. He has 7 goals and 5 assists in 15 games, what else do you want him to do? :D He's also made something like 25 key passes in 15 games according to who scored. He's contributing a lot. There may be the odd time when he doesn't score when he should but nobody scores every time that they should/could.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,509 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #352: Dec 15, 2016 11:39:54 am
      That was a massive, massive win that and I've got the sore head to prove it.

Lallana was a clear MotM for me but kudos to Jürgen last night. Took big balls to make that goalkeeper change and I thought it paid off last night. I thought Migs was gobby, came for crosses when needed, released the ball a lot quicker than normal and made a decent save at his near post. The argument is there that this could have a negative effect on Karius but one thing he will know for sure is that if he keeps his head down, works on his game and remains patient he will get another go if or when Mignolet fails to efficiently do the things a goalkeeper is expected to do.

If anybody thinks we aren't part of a title race now then try telling our boss that. Big decision by a manager with big aspirations.

Had to have a laugh at a load of the people who were dismissing anybody who had the nerve to have a go at Karius' form as a bad supporter or this or that then go on to slate Mignolet before a ball was even kicked.

Another big plus for me was Clyne getting an assist from a cross as I honestly didn't think I'd see the day again. Thought him and Klavan were good but its very notable, now, how much sides attack the left side of our defence.

Great second half performance, especially, and like West Ham before them the Boro players looked absolutely goosed at the end - both physically and mentally. We are a bi*ch of a team to play against when we are on our game.

Monday is going to be a messy one!

friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #353: Dec 15, 2016 11:51:15 am

Why you chasing me round the forum having little digs?

You still so sore because I laughed at your plan to bring Gerrard back and give him a premier league medal and everyone else agreed it was a stupid idea?

Let it...................... .......go
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #354: Dec 15, 2016 12:04:20 pm
      Anyone else think a Matip and Klavan partnership could be the way forward?

Id certainly like to see them given a run. He was excellent last night and i think with Matip rather than Lovren next to him  it could be a very solid line of defence.

Lovren was as excellent if not more than Klavan.

Showed leadership something that according to many on here he lacked.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #355: Dec 15, 2016 12:12:00 pm
      So I recorded the Sky Sports highlights last night which said in the title "Middlesbrough vs Liverpool hits", I go to watch it today and it's Sunderland vs Chelsea from god knows when. It's not the first time this type of thing has happened this season.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #356: Dec 15, 2016 12:40:19 pm
      Watched the match again this morning, and it really was a very good performance against a well organised but not particularly dangerous side.
      The packed centre saw us switch to the channels more, and ping the ball across the box, and also the long ball came into play much more in the 2nd half as we looked to bypass their midfield.

All the pre-match talk seemed to be about the 'keeper, and in truth, Mignolet didn't have a lot to do, but what he did, he did well.

Lallana was outstanding, Origi continues to impress.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #357: Dec 15, 2016 01:55:38 pm
      Just watching the game for the first time so will post my thoughts afterwards.

Good win that was much needed to get us back on track.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #358: Dec 15, 2016 02:51:44 pm
      Karanka said we were the best team they have played this season, keep it going lads!

yes loved that, not often you hear that.

I thought Mane was superb, everything can from his runs.....Lallana will be the best player in the prem if he continues like this. As for the defence, Lovren still worrys me, trys to do things that he really doesn't need to do.

Migs did everything that was asked of him
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #359: Dec 15, 2016 05:19:48 pm
      Why you chasing me round the forum having little digs?

No I'm not chasing you around.

I'm simply assisting you with your Swedish typos renaming our players .

See you took my advice to remove your cynical footer .
      It was too remiscent of another a similar  poster.
      Well done.

( Thinks : Heath Ledger clapping as the Joker )
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #360: Dec 16, 2016 12:27:35 pm
      No I'm not chasing you around.

I'm simply assisting you with your Swedish typos renaming our players .

See you took my advice to remove your cynical footer .
      It was too remiscent of another a similar  poster.
      Well done.

( Thinks : Heath Ledger clapping as the Joker )

Sorry to piss on your chips but it was spelt Hendarson as a joke, same reason Lucas was included in my team 3 times, try and keep up  :gt-happyup:

Is this what we have to look forward to in our retirement years? Stalking people around forums failing to notice sarcasm?

Go and watch Time Team or something
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #361: Dec 16, 2016 05:59:33 pm
      Sorry to piss on your chips but it was spelt Hendarson as a joke, same reason Lucas was included in my team 3 times, try and keep up  :gt-happyup:

Is this what we have to look forward to in our retirement years? Stalking people around forums failing to notice sarcasm?

Go and watch Time Team or something

You're pure entertainment .
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,888 posts | 6819 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #362: Dec 17, 2016 01:22:39 pm
      I can't remember me coming in here and saying Get the F**k in!

So GET THE F**k IN!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,886 posts | 704 
      Reply #363: Dec 18, 2016 07:31:05 am
      Quote from Dadorious
      Lovren was as excellent if not more than Klavan.

Showed leadership something that according to many on here he lacked.

Hence why I would give him the captaincy over Hendo. I don't think defenders should automatically captain a side, but Lovren is a leader, as is Milner. Henderson is a midfielder. There's the difference.

Back to our old ways, i.e. a comprehensive demolition job. As usual, once we scored the opener, the opposition collapsed in a heap. Really enjoyed the second half, the goals were fantastic, the movement was fast, flowing, and effective, and we absolutely  battered them. How Arsenal and City didn't is a mystery.

20 years ago, Fowler scored in 30 seconds, got his 100th goal for us, and scored 4 against them. So bring on the last day of the season, where we can put them back in their lower league box where they belong, and we can salute our players for the efforts over the season, whatever happens between now and then.

Quick Reply