Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 20th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Stoke?

Simon Mignolet
      2 (1.5%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Dejan Lovren
      2 (1.5%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      3 (2.3%)
      James Milner
      7 (5.3%)
      Jordan Henderson
      37 (28.2%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      2 (1.5%)
      Adam Lallana
      54 (41.2%)
      Sadio Mane
      9 (6.9%)
      Roberto Firmino
      11 (8.4%)
      Divock Origi
      3 (2.3%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      1 (0.8%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 126

Voting closed: Dec 31, 2016 07:09:32 pm

Liverpool 4-1 Stoke City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 25594 times
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,542 posts | 1540 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Stoke
      Reply #368: Dec 27, 2016 07:13:08 pm
      Imagine if we start playing well  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,357 posts | 290 
      Re: Liverpool 4-1 Stoke City: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #369: Dec 27, 2016 07:13:09 pm
      Just need to keep going, hell of a challenge against City but we can do it. There's still 20 games to play do hope that Chelsea can start to drop a few points though.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,390 posts | 1025 
      Reply #370: Dec 27, 2016 07:13:15 pm
      A really good win, well done lads. I do think the Stoke goalie should have had a green or orange jersey, not a sort of pale red one.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #371: Dec 27, 2016 07:16:50 pm
      Very few make the goal, Sturridge did. Anyways, Stoke is already history, next.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #372: Dec 27, 2016 07:17:42 pm
      The team is getting more versatile as time goes by, I really enjoyed that game. We never really played that well, that just seems weird. 4-1... soak that in and we never played that well.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #373: Dec 27, 2016 07:18:11 pm
      So many great performances, from Lovren to Mane, Wijnaldum, Origi, Lallana and Milner, but Hendo was superb. I'm usually critical of his distribution, but i found a lot of his decision making on point today. More of that please, captain!
      DanMann

• 5,794 posts | 892 
      Reply #374: Dec 27, 2016 07:18:28 pm
      Excellent victory. This was a game I thought could be a real problem, but we destroyed them with style.

Fantastic to see Sturridge get his PL goal. Get that off his chest and carry on now!! Gift, but great take past the keeper.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,470 posts | 2857 
      Reply #375: Dec 27, 2016 07:18:32 pm
      Big win that.

Thought Hendo was absolutely brilliant today as well, my MOTM.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #376: Dec 27, 2016 07:18:54 pm
      Tough MotM decision today, for me anyway. Few contenders and I gave it to Mane in the end.

I didn't panic when Stoke scored but I knew we had to improve drastically and hopefully before half time which is exactly what we did so I'm a happy bunny tonight after a good win.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,604 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #377: Dec 27, 2016 07:19:07 pm
      Once the 3rd went in it was a complete stroll.
      Comfortable win in the end, after a rocky first 20mins or so.
      Gave Lallana MOTM, thought he was very good again.
      Nice to see Sturridge score and Can come on, need those guys getting match fit.
      Overall, excellent result and we keep pace with the other chasers.
      Well done lads, Jürgen :)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #378: Dec 27, 2016 07:19:17 pm
      Lallana my MOTM.

Origi behind him and a handful of very good games from the likes of Milly, Hendo, Mane, Bob and Sturridge.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,547 posts | 1495 
      Reply #379: Dec 27, 2016 07:19:21 pm
      Superb red men,on the ropes for the first 25 but Adam scoring that all important equaliser and Bobby scoring the second really gave us a foothold on the game & gave us the impetus to come out in the second half and batter them,which is what we did really,could have been easily 6 or seven 1 in the end.
      Tough call on my MOTM as origi,Milner,hendo,Gini & mane as they were all standouts & made up for studge too.
      Special mention for wee joe & crouchy who caused us plenty of sh*t.
      Oh & F**k you very much martin Tyler
      Glad we ruined your Xmas cheer you pr**k.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,723 posts | 3738 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #380: Dec 27, 2016 07:20:03 pm
      Well done Reds, we started so slow but grew into the game. Lallana is our main man! I gave my MOTM to Henderson but Lallana deserved as well as other players.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #381: Dec 27, 2016 07:20:32 pm
      Shout out to Migs, too. Goal aside, which should have been stopped before the header, he was excellent.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,282 posts | 933 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #382: Dec 27, 2016 07:21:01 pm
      Henderson mom for me great game, great result, upwards and onwards
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #383: Dec 27, 2016 07:21:20 pm
      Off topic but Bob Bradley sacked haha
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #384: Dec 27, 2016 07:23:14 pm
      Off topic but Bob Bradley sacked haha

He sounded like he was from a different world (lower tier) on MOTD. ;D
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #385: Dec 27, 2016 07:24:17 pm
      Very good performance after a rather poor start by a lot of our players, most notably the defence.

Migs: Thought overall he had a decent game, one very good save one very poor attempt and one really poor clearance. Other than that did his job very well. 6.5

Milner: They didn't get much joy down his side and as ever James was relentless all game. Need a bit more from his deliveries though. 7

Klavan: Another strong display from him and is making it a tough enough decision who steps out when Matip is fit, which is all he can do. Proper competition for a change is lovely to see. 7

Lovren: Thought he made a hash of a lot of things early on and certainly compounded our problems too often. Once we'd gone into the lead though he started to look like the Lovren of a few games ago. So a bit of a mixed bag for Dejan. (Did have to laugh when Mick claimed Bobby denied him an assist after the pass was hip height and behind him, but hey different strokes I suppose :lmao: ) 6.5

Clyne: Nearly all of Stokes penetration came down our right and Clyne wasn't producing any answers. Was at fault for their goal on 2 occasions, one not clearing when Mane gave him the chance then not double teaming on the crosser, there was no runners and he just floated into space and made himself irrelevant. Going forward he offered very little again. 6

Henderson: Thought he had a very poor opening 20 minutes and Crouchy was right in criticsing his passes, they were very poor indeed. Grew into the game though and by the end of it was playing very well indeed. 7.5

Wijnaldum: Some say he's effective without being noticed but I'd buy that more from the DM position not the one further up. He needs to influence games more, granted he did have a good chance taken off his toe by Lallana but still so much of the play gets slowed down with Gini and he isn't currently offering enough for me to be convinced he's the long term answer. Sure a decent player who is good to have in the squad that can do a job but I just don't see that star quality just yet. 6.5

Lallana: Excellent again from Adam. Definite contender for our player of the season. Relentless, effective and becoming so much more efficient. Having said that he did take on 2 shots where either leaving for Gini or passing for Origi would have been better. That's easily forgiven given his overall display though. Exceptional player right now and is right up there for best player in the league. 8.5 (Just shaded MotM)

Firmino: Unlucky to have one cleared off the line and linked play really well. While I don't think the left is anywhere near his best position he's proving he can still be very good from a wide area. Another relentless player and between the lot of them we really did squeeze the life out of Stoke once we got the equaliser, cracking response. 7.5

Origi: Thought he was exceptional. Best interplay I've seen from him since he's been at the club, in fact it was an absolute leap from recent weeks. Reminded me of how Drogba likes to play, just dropping a few yards off a defender and getting a clean pass off to the wings but at pace. Best I've seen from Origi and if he'd stayed on a little longer he'd have been MotM in all probability. 8.5

Mane: Going to miss this lad when he goes to the AFCON, he's absolutely exceptonal. Nice pressure to force the OG, always an outlet and Stoke couldn't handle him at all. Another contender for our player of the season and much like Origi he only just lost out for MotM by a rizla paper. 8.5

Sturridge: Nice late Christmas gift he received but finished it very well.

Can: Looked hungry to me, clearly trying to force his way back into the side.

Klopp: Got the response he'd like to see after a poor early start. Nice to be able to take off 3 of our better players with a view to the City game. Let's hope that makes a difference because that's a huge match but this could have been a banana skin and we avoided it very well indeed.

Cracking result lads and overall a very good performance.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,677 posts | 6973 
      Reply #386: Dec 27, 2016 07:26:00 pm
      100 league goals for Klopp at Liverpool.

Liverpool have scored 85 league goals in a calendar year - equal with 1989 record (and one more game to play).

Reds reach 40 points after 18 games for only the second time in the Premier League.
      paulow63
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 684 posts | 91 
      Reply #387: Dec 27, 2016 07:26:31 pm
      I think you'll find Chelsea play Stoke and we play Man City!
      We play Citeh 31 December
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #388: Dec 27, 2016 07:26:35 pm
      First 20/25 minutes aside we made Stoke look like errr Stoke and we didn't really get out of third gear, good result but need a better performance against City if we want 3 points.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #389: Dec 27, 2016 07:27:37 pm
      100 league goals for Klopp at Liverpool.

Liverpool have scored 85 league goals in a calendar year - equal with 1989 record (and one more game to play).

Reds reach 40 points after 18 games for only the second time in the Premier League.

Wow!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #390: Dec 27, 2016 07:28:48 pm

With a +17 GD compared to that season at the same stage!

F***ing loving it.

Quick Reply