Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man Utd?

Simon Mignolet
      92 (73.6%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (0.8%)
      Dejan Lovren
      14 (11.2%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      1 (0.8%)
      James Milner
      3 (2.4%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      2 (1.6%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (2.4%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (0.8%)
      Divock Origi
      2 (1.6%)
      Adam Lallana
      5 (4%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      1 (0.8%)

Total Members Voted: 121

Voting closed: Jan 19, 2017 05:52:24 pm

Manchester United 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 38847 times
      paulow63
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 91 
      Re: Manchester United 1-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #759: Jan 15, 2017 10:56:04 pm
      Sorry no, he analysed how Klopp adjusted the way his TEAM plays to nullify Carrick! The guy is full of sh*t mate.
      The clips I just saw focused on Lallana but I'm happy to concede that the rest of the team contributed to the overall effect
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,802 posts | 892 
      Reply #760: Jan 15, 2017 11:04:06 pm
      The clips I just saw focused on Lallana but I'm happy to concede that the rest of the team contributed to the overall effect

I think, if I understand Kharhaz correctly, he meant that Neville had made out that Klopp had set out his whole team tactic to focus on the amazing Carrick... which wasn't the case.
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #761: Jan 15, 2017 11:05:44 pm
      There's a lot doing that tonight 😡We wasn't at 100% strength by no means, they were bar for bailly? In that cesspit that is old toilet we held our own and apart from a absolutely sh*te linesman and a ref who was sh*t scared to upset the home faithful we'd have won that. Onwards and upwards now starting on Wednesday.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #762: Jan 15, 2017 11:09:22 pm
      I think, if I understand Kharhaz correctly, he meant that Neville had made out that Klopp had set out his whole team tactic to focus on the amazing Carrick... which wasn't the case.

Yes, this!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #763: Jan 15, 2017 11:16:53 pm
      Just watching Motd. That was an assault on Henderson from Pogba in the box?

Hope that gets a retrospective ban from the FA .

Just watched MOTD    there was another incident on the far touchline .
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,387 posts | 1542 
      Reply #764: Jan 15, 2017 11:33:58 pm
      Well I just voted migs motm. Three great saves, Two of them outstanding, but he was run close by Lovren, lallana and Bob.
      Thought we done ok considering our recent form, and think we would likely of won it if it wasn't for the inept officials. I say inept, but could be corrupt. Pogba outclassed and should have walked for the assault on hendo.
      Herrera should have walked for the pull on Bob.
      Carrick out played and out manouvered by lallana.
      Ibra tamed by Lovren. Only scoring from a gameplay, started from a clear offside position so obviously overlooked by the linesman.
      It seems the oficials are clearly anti Liverpool, or possibly pro Utd. Whatever the case, why am I not surprised ?
      I'm so glad we do it the Liverpool way.
      If we were only able to win anything in this manner, I think I'd give footy the big heave ho.
      I'll sleep easy tonight that's for sure.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,885 posts | 704 
      Reply #765: Jan 16, 2017 12:04:12 am
      I didn't see the game, but judging by some comments here, that's not a bad thing.

We got a point in one of our toughest away games. Surely you can't say no to that. Maybe we should have got more, but most would have taken it before ko, and that's what we got. Win the next two home games and we're back in a great position again.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #766: Jan 16, 2017 12:21:36 am
      I didn't see the game, but judging by some comments here, that's not a bad thing.

We got a point in one of our toughest away games. Surely you can't say no to that. Maybe we should have got more, but most would have taken it before ko, and that's what we got. Win the next two home games and we're back in a great position again.

At 0-0 I might agree with you. As it stands, given our lack of real goal threat compared to past encounters (notably were De Gea kept them in the match) and our inability to retain possession, considering we were a goal up it is nothing short of two points thrown away. We had chances to bury United and fluffed them and it came back to haunt us in the end. Personally I'm more pissed off about this result than I was about Sunderland. At least there we had an excuse. It's one of those draws that feels like a defeat.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #767: Jan 16, 2017 12:45:15 am
      I'll take that point. Gutsy performance that, from us.

Aside from the penalty the ref gave them everything, some of the decisions were shambolic and were in favour of those long-ball merchants.

Next game will hopefully see the swagger return against Swansea.
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #768: Jan 16, 2017 12:47:30 am
      I'll take that point. Gutsy performance that, from us.

Aside from the penalty the ref gave them everything, some of the decisions were shambolic and were in favour of those long-ball merchants.

Next game will hopefully see the swagger return against Swansea.

Pretty much what I thought after the match. We are still in a good position, and lets not forget, a certain team beat us in 1988 in the cup final using those tactics so we have improved a bit!
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,927 posts | 969 
      Reply #769: Jan 16, 2017 01:36:02 am
      Considering we are missing our best CB (Matip), our only RB (Clyne), and our two best attackers (Coutinho and Mane) -- a point isn't the worst result.  We just need to grind out a few results against Plymouth, Swansea, and Southampton to give these players (excluding Mane) a chance to bed back in.  Weather this little storm and things will start looking up again soon :)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,426 posts | 6420 
      Reply #770: Jan 16, 2017 02:40:16 am
      Christ what a horrible post.

The sh*t I've read today.

Oh please, settle down Felicia.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #771: Jan 16, 2017 02:47:23 am
      Considering we are missing our best CB (Matip), our only RB (Clyne), and our two best attackers (Coutinho and Mane) -- a point isn't the worst result.  We just need to grind out a few results against Plymouth, Swansea, and Southampton to give these players (excluding Mane) a chance to bed back in.  Weather this little storm and things will start looking up again soon :)

At the moment, well the last two games especially we've been conceding chances to our opponents (defensively), if it wasn't for Karius against the Saints, and Mignolet against the Munts both teams could have built up a lead. And that's not forgetting that we're hardly creating the chances ourselves at the minute.

Squad is bare thin, and if we had the quality in-depth there prior to the Christmas and New Year's period, we could have at least been 2 pts, if not 4 better off. Plus, if Karius had been hooked before the Bournemouth game as he did previously have a mare in the game before, I'm positive that would have been another 3pts gained.

Small margins, and all that. But I do believe we've been the makers of our own demise - with re. to the silly blips we have; just as much as we have been in what is turning out to look like a good season.

Still, there's plenty to play for, we've just got to hope this squad can huff and puff it's way through the season without anymore injuries and what not.

It's like we're driving the 24 Hours of Le Mans in a VW Golf turbo-charged, while our competitors surround us with Porsche's, Jag's, Bentley's, McClaren's and Beemers.
      Danzel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,305 posts | 1113 
      Reply #772: Jan 16, 2017 03:00:10 am
      It's like we're driving the 24 Hours of Le Mans in a VW Golf turbo-charged, while our competitors surround us with Porsche's, Jag's, Bentley's, McClaren's and Beemers.

The construction team is doing a damn fine job keeping us in the race then!  ;D
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #773: Jan 16, 2017 03:24:52 am
      The construction team is doing a damn fine job keeping us in the race then!  ;D

;D

Holding the 4 cylinders together with a rubber band.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,975 posts | 5034 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #774: Jan 16, 2017 06:43:27 am
      To be fair it was because he punched him the face..understandably so..who wouldn`t want to punch Herrera in the face?? such a dirty player..

Wrong, he pushed him in his chest mate had he punched his face he would have seen red and a early bath!

YNWA
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #775: Jan 16, 2017 07:23:03 am
      To be fair it was because he punched him the face..understandably so..who wouldn`t want to punch Herrera in the face?? such a dirty player..

No he didn't...
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #776: Jan 16, 2017 07:29:47 am
      Dont think you can call that a punch a push yes but not a punch .
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,885 posts | 6817 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #777: Jan 16, 2017 08:05:00 am
      Still gutted we didn't get the 3 points but glad those jammy cu*ts didn't get a Fergie time winner.

F***ing Ref cu*ts are a joke, still on the Manc books. Lovren gets a yellow for a tackle where he actually gets the ball first but Rooney allowed to stay on the pitch for that atrocious leg breaking challenge on Millny and Pogba that c**t, chokes and then wrestles Hendo to the ground and gets nothing, also the Bobby pull back on the shirt and to top it off, the offside that led to their goal. Surely these c**t refs need to be made more accountable. It's a billion dollar business and these c**t refs get away with so much sh*t and no reason needs to be given for their sh*t decisions.

What the actual f**k? Pogba got nothing, not even a f**king talking too.

Here's some other examples where they turned a blind eye. cu*ts!
      Corrupt C**t Refs.  :f_steam:

« Last Edit: Jan 16, 2017 08:22:30 am by AussieRed »
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #778: Jan 16, 2017 08:07:23 am
      Dont think you can call that a punch a push yes but not a punch .

Yeah... He should have punched him in the face.

F**k imagine he done done that to big Dunc or Vinny Jones. He'd have ended um with finger marks around his neck or crumbled in a heap on the floor with half a leg missing.

Like someone said above, fouls like that should be straight reds. It's not a cheeky heel clip or a little tug to slow the momentum...

He's virtually riding firmino. All he needed was a skate board and it would have been like them films where they grab a car and get pulled along.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #779: Jan 16, 2017 09:00:15 am
      Still gutted we didn't get the 3 points but glad those jammy cu*ts didn't get a Fergie time winner.

F***ing Ref cu*ts are a joke, still on the Manc books. Lovren gets a yellow for a tackle where he actually gets the ball first but Rooney allowed to stay on the pitch for that atrocious leg breaking challenge on Millny and Pogba that c**t, chokes and then wrestles Hendo to the ground and gets nothing, also the Bobby pull back on the shirt and to top it off, the offside that led to their goal. Surely these c**t refs need to be made more accountable. It's a billion dollar business and these c**t refs get away with so much sh*t and no reason needs to be given for their sh*t decisions.

What the actual f**k? Pogba got nothing, not even a f**king talking too.

Here's some other examples where they turned a blind eye. Cu*ts!
      Corrupt C**t Refs.  :f_steam:

I think the ref was nothing short of F***ing abysmal.

That first image of Pogba head locking and subsequently throwing our captain to the floor was just shy of GBH.

Then, the c**t immediately blew up for a foul on them outside the box!

I was livid and screaming at the box, and it looked as though the ref was trying to make it up to the Munts for the rest of the game after he gave us a penalty.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #780: Jan 16, 2017 09:18:44 am
      The fact that we went into the game lightweight  without the first team players Mane , Matip and Clyne , it was always going to be up hill.
      Think we did well  and we made them revert eventually to the long ball game when they ran out of ideas.

We missed Clyne always running into space as a right winger .

We were at the Old Toilet .

The ref was definitely one sided and not ours.

Bearing all of the above in mind  to hold out until 10 minutes to go  was pretty good.

Respect to Migs . Kept us in the game.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #781: Jan 16, 2017 09:21:00 am
      Getting beyond a joke now with those cu*ts getting an offside goal every week.

Quick Reply