Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Plymouth?

Loris Karius
      1 (1.5%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      34 (50.7%)
      Joe Gomez
      5 (7.5%)
      Lucas Leiva
      20 (29.9%)
      Alberto Moreno
      1 (1.5%)
      Kevin Stewart
      0 (0%)
      Ovie Ejaria
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Ben Woodburn
      4 (6%)
      Divock Origi
      1 (1.5%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      0 (0%)
      Harry Wilson
      1 (1.5%)
      Sheyi Ojo
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Voting closed: Jan 22, 2017 09:44:52 pm

Plymouth Argyle 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 26134 times
      Boletus Edulis
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts | 12 
      Re: Live: Plymouth V Liverpool
      Reply #368: Jan 18, 2017 09:45:21 pm
      Thanks for the game genetlemen.  Can't argue with that, I feel that we did not embarass ourselves, and did not have our pants pulled down on national TV. 

Now we need to get out of this bloody league.

One minor observation many of you here felt that the ref favoured us.  On our main forum most of our fans thought he favoured you.  Not saying who is right or wrong, just that this game is so much about opinions and in whose shoes you are standing.

hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,716 posts | 162 
      Reply #369: Jan 18, 2017 09:45:56 pm
      I expected more from our young lads like Ejaria, Stewart and Origi. Another solid performance from Alexander. Karius played ok. This kind of game just didn't suit Sturridge. We just couldn't seem to get a good ball to him. Happy to be through to next round let's move on shall we.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #370: Jan 18, 2017 09:46:50 pm
      It was a good job we did not get rid of Lucas,that header could very well be worth his wages for this season.We are through to the next round and that is all that matters but I thought our passing was telegraphed against Plymouth.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Plymouth Argyle 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #371: Jan 18, 2017 09:48:42 pm
      Who cares? Hotch potch team put in a hotch potch performance. 1-0. Go to the next round. Nice display by TAA though who is head and shoulders above everyone else on that field and won't be long before he's a permanent fixture in the starting eleven.

Nice atmosphere at times from Plymouth even if it was just a greatest hits of cliched unoriginal chants.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #372: Jan 18, 2017 09:49:15 pm
      I'm less worried about the kids playing like this in these games than I am about seasoned first team players playing badly in these games.

Same here mate. 
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #373: Jan 18, 2017 09:49:21 pm
      Just glad to get through. Lucas MOTM for me, got his goal, plus him and Gomez did well against big direct lads and kept a clean sheet, which is what tipped it for us on the night.

Apart from that, over two legs the young lads had a chance to impress against a side divisions below, and didn't really manage it. They did OK, not laying into them or anything, but as they guys on the fringes of the first team, we could be doing with more of them making us really sit up. Plymouth hit the post, and had that gone in, would put a completely different complexion on things.

Nice to see Cou get a run out, Studge didn't look too delighted when his name was called, and Milner is safe as houses on peno duty.

Roll on Wolves !!!!! :)
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,335 posts | 184 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #374: Jan 18, 2017 09:49:36 pm
      My take on this game:

We should've probably played the u23's midfield and forwards from the start. I think the relliance on Cou and Stu do all the work disrupted any kind of understanding these kids have built.

Mind you, I'm not saying these kids are/will be world class players, but the team's performance was definitely poorer than the sum of the players quality for the first 80 minutes of the game.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #375: Jan 18, 2017 09:49:40 pm
      Need to be careful with the type of forwards we sign. A lot of them are poor finishers. Can't have too many of them in a squad.
      « Last Edit: Jan 18, 2017 09:59:54 pm by fields of anny rd »
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #376: Jan 18, 2017 09:50:21 pm
      Thanks for the game genetlemen.  Can't argue with that, I feel that we did not embarass ourselves, and did not have our pants pulled down on national TV. 

One minor observation many of you here felt that the ref favoured us.  On our main forum most of our fans thought he favoured you.  Not saying who is right or wrong, just that this game is so much about opinions and in whose shoes you are standing.

Been a pleasure mate.  All the best for the rest of the season  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #377: Jan 18, 2017 09:50:27 pm
      So much I could moan about I do not even know where to begin.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #378: Jan 18, 2017 09:51:32 pm

You did yourselves proud mate.

Played your socks off over the two legs and pushed us right to the death.

I'm surprised at all the negativity on this forum. I thought our young lads did well against a strong well organised Plymouth side who play decent football.

Thought the ref was fair over the 90.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6816 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #379: Jan 18, 2017 09:51:46 pm
      Thank F**k that's over. At work biting my F***ing nails off. Guess I shouldn't bother watching a replay of it?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #380: Jan 18, 2017 09:51:52 pm
      Poor performance but early rounds of cup competitions generally can be.  Win is the most important thing tonight but we have to play sh*t loads better at the weekend.

Bring on the Wolves.

But Sturridge and Origi - deary me.  Hardly banging on the door for a first team place are they.  Didn't look head and shoulders above the kids in the side.

Another good game for Gomez to get under his belt.  And if Matip had played - maybe Lucas wouldn't have smashed that in!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #381: Jan 18, 2017 09:52:22 pm
      I expected more from our young lads like Ejaria, Stewart and Origi. Another solid performance from Alexander. Karius played ok. This kind of game just didn't suit Sturridge. We just couldn't seem to get a good ball to him. Happy to be through to next round let's move on shall we.

I agree. It's tempting to scream 'he was terrible' but if he's not getting the ball delivered to his feet quickly by Ejaria and Stewart then he will look useless.

They had to take more chances. Personally don't think Ejaria and Stewart have long term futures at Liverpool although what they will get will be professional football careers at a high level, something that looked far from achievable when both were released by Spurs and Arsenal.
      With Hope In My Heart
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 184 
      Reply #382: Jan 18, 2017 09:52:54 pm

And thanks to you too. Good luck for the rest of the season. Like the support you maintained throughout.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,386 posts | 1542 
      Reply #383: Jan 18, 2017 09:52:56 pm
      Lucas scores, keeper saves a penalty.
      Did he have another save to makebeteeen the two incidents ?
      I really can't remember one.

Very poor performance even if there were a few youngsters in. They are supposed to be our future.
      Origi and Sturridge were woeful, every attack died a death when they got on the ball.
      Hope there's s better side out against Wolves.
      TAA done ok, as did Woodburn and Ojo, the rest seemed to be playing as if they thought they were superior and either lacked effort or tried to many flash flicks and runs into knowhere with the ball.
      Very disappointed overall with the performance but st least we're th tight to the next round.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,258 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #384: Jan 18, 2017 09:54:02 pm
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,132 posts | 127 
      Reply #385: Jan 18, 2017 09:54:51 pm

I think they were playing their game under instruction,and not their natural game,  well it looked like to me anyways.
      We have some good player in the reserve ranks, but they didnt look comfortable tonight
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,507 posts | 3457 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #386: Jan 18, 2017 09:54:55 pm
      Looked better with width with ojo and wilson, onwards and upwards
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,797 posts | 892 
      Reply #387: Jan 18, 2017 09:56:27 pm

But Sturridge and Origi - deary me.  Hardly banging on the door for a first team place are they.  Didn't look head and shoulders above the kids in the side.

Confused as to why you have a problem with Sturridge and Origi but not Coutinho who was likewise rubbish?

At the end of the day, the seniors are playing with young lads in a game they don't want to be in - so the effort is not there, including our star Coutinho. It's just not about their individual performances in a game like this.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #388: Jan 18, 2017 09:57:25 pm
      If I seen Neil Warnock in the street I honestly think I'd kick him in the bollocks and then finish him with a DDT when he keeled off the kick.

An unbelievable c**t of the cuntiest order that was brought in by f**king horrible cu*ts.

I don't use this word often but I f**king 'hate' him.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #389: Jan 18, 2017 09:57:37 pm
      Stevie bang on there about Sturridge...and Warnock. Was given nothing by those around him. Midfield duo of Ejaria and Stewart in particular.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #390: Jan 18, 2017 09:58:51 pm
      If I seen Neil Warnock in the street I honestly think I'd kick him in the bollocks and then finish him with a DDT when he keeled off the kick.

An unbelievable c**t of the cuntiest order tgat was brought in by f**king horrible cu*ts.

I don't use this word often but I f**king 'hate' him.

He looks more and more like Mrs Doubtfite each time I see him.

Keep expecting him to say 'My first day as a woman and I'm already having hot flashes!'

Quick Reply