Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Swansea?

Simon Mignolet
      1 (1%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      1 (1%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      1 (1%)
      James Milner
      5 (5.2%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (2.1%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (1%)
      Adam Lallana
      2 (2.1%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      2 (2.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      81 (83.5%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      1 (1%)

Total Members Voted: 94

Voting closed: Jan 25, 2017 02:23:56 pm

Liverpool 2-3 Swansea City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 30446 times
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Re: Liverpool 2-3 Swansea City: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #667: Jan 21, 2017 05:32:28 pm
      Honest and great post here, teams have adapted to our play, we have failed to adapt to their counter play, that being "park the bus" defense.

I thought at the time and still stand by it, Klopp going on Sky Sports and explaining how his team plays would not help us as any manager watching would take note of it. Naturally I got shot down at the time with various insults but look whats happened since, we have been found out.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #668: Jan 21, 2017 05:37:47 pm
      You know everything isn't rosey and sweet but we have a great manager and we gotta stick with him. He made a mistake today, but he will learn from it.

You can either win the league by throwing money or you could find the perfect manager and stick with him. Finding that manager is difficult, but we have done it. Now we just have to trust him and let him shape the team, he is going to make more mistakes but it happens.
      Loss hurts today but we will get back to track. Although I will say that we do need new players in Jan, there is so much on line, that making investment now makes sense.
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Reply #669: Jan 21, 2017 05:40:32 pm
      I thought at the time and still stand by it, Klopp going on Sky Sports and explaining how his team plays would not help us as any manager watching would take note of it. Naturally I got shot down at the time with various insults but look whats happened since, we have been found out.

So what, then we setup a team a different way, there is not only one way to play. Don't you think Jürgen and Co are noticing the same things we do?
      He will find a way.
      beardo number 7
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 343 posts | 96 
      Reply #670: Jan 21, 2017 05:44:32 pm
      Which Tosser gave Klavan a vote?
      Was just thinking the same
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #671: Jan 21, 2017 05:51:31 pm
      Just finished watching. So....can one of the resident optimists tell me why I should feel good about this performance or feel good about the fact that we apparently don't need any new players? 

That was an effing disgrace today.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #672: Jan 21, 2017 05:51:42 pm
      Shocking performance, shocking  result and it's been coming for a few weeks now. F***ing sh*te.

I'm that angry I wont discuss the game any further. I can't be arsed with those posters who never find any criticism and think everything's always wonderful who then call me a sh*t or fake fan, I'm not in the mood for their bollocks today.

Terrible performance. Awful.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #673: Jan 21, 2017 05:52:31 pm
      You know everything isn't rosey and sweet but we have a great manager and we gotta stick with him. He made a mistake today, but he will learn from it.

You can either win the league by throwing money or you could find the perfect manager and stick with him. Finding that manager is difficult, but we have done it. Now we just have to trust him and let him shape the team, he is going to make more mistakes but it happens.
      Loss hurts today but we will get back to track. Although I will say that we do need new players in Jan, there is so much on line, that making investment now makes sense.

Well he's not learnt that playing 3 defensive midfielders one of which is sh*te and has been all season, is a bad idea. Honestly what is Klopp's obsession with Can?
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #674: Jan 21, 2017 05:57:24 pm
      Perhaps he needs to change formation: 4-2-3-1

---------------------Migs

Clyne------Matip------Lovren------Milner

---------Can?/Gigi?------Henderson

-----Mane----Coutinho----Lallana

---------------Firmino

I just think he needs to change things up a bit.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #675: Jan 21, 2017 06:05:39 pm
      Perhaps he needs to change formation: 4-2-3-1

---------------------Migs

Clyne------Matip------Lovren------Milner

---------Can?/Gigi?------Henderson

-----Mane----Coutinho----Lallana

---------------Firmino

I just think he needs to change things up a bit.

What's your thoughts behind that Rushy? To me we're still doing enough in attack that we don't need more players up there and you seem to sacrifice a midfielder (granted that's Can who isn't doing much) for more options up top?

I think our issues are more in the defensive side of the pitch and Matip will solve a lot of those. Henderson is the worry for me moving forward because if it is his heel that's bothering him and it's causing his form to slip so markedly then does he need some time out of the side? I think his form has fallen pretty badly after a real purple patch and there's no sign of it picking up again any time soon.

Would Milner be an option into midfield and perhaps Gomez at LB (I don't like the idea of Moreno). I don't particularlly like the idea of Milner in midfield either but with Mane out we have an issue of filling that 3rd spot with someone who offers a proper connection between the engine room and the front lads.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #676: Jan 21, 2017 06:20:51 pm
      Today was coming - there's been a lot of sugarcoating regarding our performances this month for some reason but I think it was pretty clear today how the wheels have fallen off since the New Year. Too many players out of form, manager getting a few key things wrong and Mane. I mean I knew we'd miss him but I never thought it would be this bad and I think it's absolute madness that we aren't trying to sign another quick winger. It's clearly essential to our side.

That being said though we are still firmly in the mix for Champions League football and we have the perfect chance to respond on Wednesday night in the Cup. Get to Wembley and then see off Wolves next week and we'll have some much needed momentum to stop the rot in the league.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,836 posts | 477 
      Reply #677: Jan 21, 2017 06:25:32 pm
      Absolutely miserable still, our 3 losses (9 huge points) have been to teams we should of beaten, easily too
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #678: Jan 21, 2017 06:36:09 pm
      What's your thoughts behind that Rushy? To me we're still doing enough in attack that we don't need more players up there and you seem to sacrifice a midfielder (granted that's Can who isn't doing much) for more options up top?

I think our issues are more in the defensive side of the pitch and Matip will solve a lot of those. Henderson is the worry for me moving forward because if it is his heel that's bothering him and it's causing his form to slip so markedly then does he need some time out of the side? I think his form has fallen pretty badly after a real purple patch and there's no sign of it picking up again any time soon.

Would Milner be an option into midfield and perhaps Gomez at LB (I don't like the idea of Moreno). I don't particularlly like the idea of Milner in midfield either but with Mane out we have an issue of filling that 3rd spot with someone who offers a proper connection between the engine room and the front lads.
      Dunno mate. I'm just looking at the last 5 or 6 games and thinking, perhaps he needs to better mould the players around another team formation. Forgot about Gomez being available again.

I think Klopp played 4-2-3-1 in the Bundesliga, and perhaps that'll work. Can, Hendo and Wijnaldum in midfield isn't creative enough. But Couts, Mane and Lallana behind Firmino, I think that would be creative enough to hurt teams.

Clyne---Matip---Lovren---Gomez
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,326 posts | 773 
      Reply #679: Jan 21, 2017 06:39:22 pm
      Seems the Reds are in a mid winter "slump". Apart from Plymouth, gone quite a few games without a win.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #680: Jan 21, 2017 06:42:49 pm
      Still feel sick over that result and performance.

Watching the scum drop points and Spuds losing to City makes it even worse.

We should be challenging for the title but we would rather repeat the same defensive mistakes over and over like it's F***ing groundhog day.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #681: Jan 21, 2017 06:46:09 pm
      Still feel sick over that result and performance.

Watching the scum drop points and Spuds losing to City makes it even worse.

We should be challenging for the title but we would rather repeat the same defensive mistakes over and over like it's f**king groundhog day.

Mate we need to be honest with ourselves and concede we are nowhere near good enough to win a title. A title winning team simply doesn't drop the points we've dropped this season.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #682: Jan 21, 2017 06:46:58 pm
      forget title challenge. lets hope we can get top 4.   any serious champions league team cannot be losing to bottom of the barrell teams like swansea

shocking shocking shocking

we have not been playing well at all lately. anyone that doesnt see this needs to open their eyes. we do not have our flow anymore.  team looks much more laboured.

it has been awhile since our last game that we can say we played very well and cruised to a win over 90mins
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #683: Jan 21, 2017 06:47:51 pm
      We lost that game today in the first half.
      We were bloody awful, we treated bottom of the league Swansea like they were top of the league Chelsea,allowed them to crowd us out and gave them far too much respect, didn't get at them at all just this boring playing across the back..then back across the back, then back again.

No wonder Klopp pulled Can off, he spent the first half fouling and moaning at the ref.
      F**k me, I wasn't at the ground today but we gave our crowd nothing to applaud and at least warm their f**kin hands up.

Did well to fight back with two class goals but we were weak today..there was only Firmno having a go.
      Porridge and Origi made no difference to our game whatsoever when they came on.
      Three badly conceded goals which sum our current form up.

Where has my team gone?

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,832 posts | 2459 
      Reply #684: Jan 21, 2017 06:50:52 pm
      Mate we need to be honest with ourselves and concede we are nowhere near good enough to win a title. A title winning team simply doesn't drop the points we've dropped this season.

Being honest with Mane in the side we have a first 11 easily capable of competing for the title.

Our squad unfortunately still does not have enough depth in quality.

At this stage I worry if it ever will.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #685: Jan 21, 2017 07:11:09 pm
      Dunno mate. I'm just looking at the last 5 or 6 games and thinking, perhaps he needs to better mould the players around another team formation. Forgot about Gomez being available again.

I think Klopp played 4-2-3-1 in the Bundesliga, and perhaps that'll work. Can, Hendo and Wijnaldum in midfield isn't creative enough. But Couts, Mane and Lallana behind Firmino, I think that would be creative enough to hurt teams.

Clyne---Matip---Lovren---Gomez

Fair enough mate and I'm not for a moment suggesting your formation wouldn't work. Think it would work and that front 4 would be excellent together, was just saying that I think our major issues come away from the attack.

Totally agree that the 3 of Hendo/Can/Gini doesn't work, sure the industry they show is admirable but in terms of defensive solidity or creativeness the balance just isn't right at all. Personally I'd change 2 of those 3, Lallana as the creative force works very well indeed, he should without doubt drop back into those 3. We shouldn't move him up further, we should bring someone in for Mane while he's out, either Sturridge or Origi or as crazy as it might sound TAA as a wide forward to provide the pace and crossing ability. The other option would be Milner from the right too and either Gomez or Moreno (depending on opposition for LB)

As for defensively I love Lucas and always think he brings more to the side than he's ever really been given credit for. I think people focus on the negatives but there's no way the Swans waltz through us how they did on occasion today with Lucas being there. Sure it might have ended in a free-kick but at least there'd had have been a challenge of some sort.

Mig
            Clyne    Matip    Lovren   Moreno
                  Lallana Lucas Wijnaldum
                  Milner Firmino Coutinho

Could be worth a shot while Mane is out, I wouldn't be against starting TAA at RB either as I've lost all faith in Clyne but I doubt that'll honestly happen any time soon.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #686: Jan 21, 2017 07:11:22 pm
      Shouldn't be a surprise but without Mane we are a Rodgers team and guess what playing like a Rodgers team!

Trying to get Lallana to play as a winger what a waste of his talent.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,243 posts | 850 
      Reply #687: Jan 21, 2017 07:21:33 pm
      Shouldn't be a surprise but without Mane we are a Rodgers team and guess what playing like a Rodgers team!

Trying to get Lallana to play as a winger what a waste of his talent.

This is why we should have invested in this Jan window for another winger.

Play Lallana where he usually players.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #688: Jan 21, 2017 07:23:20 pm
      Been fortunate with results, but teams have all gained ground on us by a point.

Easy to be wise now, but if we hadn't gone quite so suicidal in our attempt for a winner, a point would have been well accepted.

Not too much harm done just yet but F**k me do we have to wake up.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #689: Jan 21, 2017 07:25:38 pm
      This is why we should have invested in this Jan window for another winger.

Play Lallana where he usually players.

Absolutely mate.

Quick Reply