Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Klopp or the players?

Read 23900 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Re: Klopp or the players?
      Reply #115: Jan 22, 2017 04:23:40 pm
      We can't calm the f**k down because we are struggling at the moment. Your post would apply if these players had been there and done that but they havn't.

What we are seeing is a repeat of previous seasons. We do not have the quality of players to sustain a push for a top 3 finish. Top 4 is gona be a fight.

Also , people saying our players are looking tired ? Please . Tired? Why?  Luckily for us we are playing in a poor quality league so if change's are made and a few quality players are brought in we still have a chance of top 4 finish.

One more point. Chelsea , Arsenal and Spurs will fancy their chance's against us at Anfield. They already know our gameplan and will be setting up to take advantage of it. They know we will not surprise them with a different system and will play into their hands. Like i've said , a team needs to evolve and adapt because every other team is doing just that.

You lobbied against Rodgers methods.... Are you turning on the fella you Lobbied for?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #116: Jan 22, 2017 04:35:21 pm
      I would like us to go for someone like Llorente or perhaps even Crouch as an impact sub, hopefully we can get someone better though but we have to get someone in this window otherwise its bye bye top 4.

We've still no spine .  Third window since Jurgens been in .

Maureen bought in the three players for the spine of that team two seasons ago .

Up front  ?    No Costa , Aguero , Sanchez , Kane ,  Ibra      ........................ .........     who ?

In the nets  ?  No Courtois ,  no de Gea . ......   who?

DM ?     Who ?     Old faithful Lucas on a good day ?   Toss up between Henderson / Can  ?   ..... who?

No money spent ... we've become an Arsenal  with a spending cap . 
      Perhaps that is what Jürgen has ...... no money  .... although that isn't the soundbite that comes out from FSG.   
      Wenger had no money after the stadium was built .

We've gone from top of the table ... to fourth.
      Lets hope we can cling on to that place .
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,378 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #117: Jan 22, 2017 04:40:39 pm
      Some beaut now labelling it an abortion of a thread. Classy.

Again there was a very simple question asked. Some have chose to give an opinion. In the past 6 weeks we have failed or struggled to beat

Bournemouth west ham Sunderland Plymouth Southampton Plymouth and Swansea.

Now is it down to tactics not working against the parked bus? Is it the players mentality in these games? Why are we failing to win these games lately and why are the performance way off what they were previously? Its not a dream it is real so does klopp put his hands up or the players?

Some happy to blame the combo, ok well take that. But don't post crap like the topic is an abortion trying to hide that something isn't right at the minute.
      « Last Edit: Jan 23, 2017 12:46:37 pm by Brian78 »
      glennusmc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,837 posts | 477 
      Reply #118: Jan 22, 2017 04:43:51 pm
      I am in no way a tactical guy. My question, will the gegenpress be successful in the EPL? Will it win you a title?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #119: Jan 22, 2017 04:45:41 pm
      When it takes the players to go 2-0 down to show a bit of urgency in getting a goal or two, I think you have your answer for todays debacle.

Klopp for not getting them pumped? :lmao:
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #120: Jan 22, 2017 04:50:57 pm
      I am in no way a tactical guy. My question, will the gegenpress be successful in the EPL? Will it win you a title?

Huh? So it's now come to the point that despite challenging for the title for half a season and getting to two finals all in the last year the question now being asked is 'Does gegenpressen work?' Even more ridiculous when you consider that many of us proclaimed this squad (which is still largely the same) as the worst in our lifetimes at the end of Rodgers reign.

Now after a bad loss against Swansea everything before is inconsequential. Besides, part of the problem yesterday was that we didn't do nearly enough gegenpressen and when we did it was sh*te. Note how SWANSEA themselves applied their own pressing regime again. If you're not asking these questions after thoroughly beating the likes of Leicester, Watford and Hull in the same season don't bother asking them after a defeat against Swansea.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #121: Jan 22, 2017 04:55:02 pm
      Although very disappointing we are still in the top four in two cups while playing not very well.
      We lost all a momentum at the last international break we've never looked right since ,along with other injuries .
      Losing mane is a huge blow but we've known he was off to Africa since he was signed,cover should of being bought either in the summer,or identified and sorted for January.
      Our squad is very small compared to other top 6 teams (just look at the benchs of the other teams at the top then ours it positively screams at you).
      I'm hoping yesterday's defeat is the kick up the arse the team has needed for a while.
      We shall see.up the reds👍
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #122: Jan 22, 2017 05:08:32 pm
      It's clear Jürgen had more patience than us fans, we can bemoan the lack of depth in the squad (rightly so) which dies fall at Jurgens door to an extent, but no doubt he is intending to build a title winning team, he is just prepared to do it over a longer time frame than we are hoping for.

Will that be the time frame that includes the departure of the present owners?
      As long as they stay we will have no quality back-up to enable the achieving of a lasting success; the wheels are predictably becoming detached because of injuries and int. duties.
      Somebody replied to a recent post saying this was Klopp's fault as well because he chose the replacements?!?!
      How the F**k can he get quality replacement when the same financial constriction applies?

The worst scenario of course would be for JWH&Co to eventually give our man the bullet - won't happen as long as LFC finish (acceptably to JWH&Co) in the toppish tier of the Prem, keeping the business model intact.

I am annoyed that we have Klavan starting in CB when we have Sakho, who we know is a decent player, maybe even our best defender??But I have to accept theat Klopp has burned his bridges with Sakho, so that's a no go.
      He is a little inflexible when it comes to tactics and formations, too much trying to walk it in, and it appears the smaller teams are wise to this, and simply counter it by parking up and hitting us on the break.

We are toothless, Mane gets called away and we're fu**ed. You talk about Klaven and Sakho and parking buses when the truth is if we had quality to replace our only striker and worry the F**k out of a stationary defence, our midfield and defence would not then get shredded by an opposition increasingly confident because of our failings.   

The blame well always fall with the manager ultimately, but so will the praise, and that's the way it should be.

So the blame lies with the manager ultimately?
      Five managers under NESV in seven years with the owners admitting prior to Jürgen arriving they had ''made mistakes''.

NESV have run out of scapegoats, we won't get fooled again.

ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #123: Jan 22, 2017 05:25:53 pm
      Will that be the time frame that includes the departure of the present owners?
      As long as they stay we will have no quality back-up to enable the achieving of a lasting success; the wheels are predictably becoming detached because of injuries and int. duties.
      Somebody replied to a recent post saying this was Klopp's fault as well because he chose the replacements?!?!
      How the F**k can he get quality replacement when the same financial constriction applies?

The worst scenario of course would be for JWH&Co to eventually give our man the bullet - won't happen as long as LFC finish (acceptably to JWH&Co) in the toppish tier of the Prem, keeping the business model intact.

We are toothless, Mane gets called away and we're fu**ed. You talk about Klaven and Sakho and parking buses when the truth is if we had quality to replace our only striker and worry the F**k out of a stationary defence, our midfield and defence would not then get shredded by an opposition increasingly confident because of our failings.   

So the blame lies with the manager ultimately?
      Five managers under NESV in seven years with the owners admitting prior to Jürgen arriving they had ''made mistakes''.

NESV have run out of scapegoats, we won't get fooled again.

You know how I feel about FSG mate, they're F***ing chancers imo, but Jürgen claims he has their backing, i seriously doubt he would have if he showed a little more ambition in the transfer market, but if he's is prepared to play their game, then he should be called on it. Of course FSG will make him a scapegoat if and when the time comes.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #124: Jan 22, 2017 05:46:31 pm
      You lobbied against Rodgers methods.... Are you turning on the fella you Lobbied for?

How am i turning on Klopp? I'm just giving my opinion on what is going on with our team at the moment. These are the things i just don't get.

Why havn't we signed a LB ? We've got a midfielder playing there ( doing a great job by the way ) but why not sugn a LB ? This makes no sense to me.

Teams have sussed us , this is obvious , even to Plymouth. We need another way of playing.

We need to buy quality to add strength to the team , yet we our not interested apparently , this will come back to bite us on the arse.

Certain players have reached their peak and reach in our team . This is also obvious. They will not take us further in what we want to achieve, they will hold us back. ( time to get ruthless )

Also , when i read posters saying " We are 3rd in the league , semi final of sh*t cup , still in FA Cup "  this means NOTHING . In 3 weeks it can be " Out of top 4 , out of both cups and no transfer window to add quality to team "

If we were playing well but not getting results i would be optimistic. But we are playing turgid,  boring, predictable sh*te so i'm getting worried by our direction.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #125: Jan 22, 2017 06:49:15 pm
      You know how I feel about FSG mate, they're F***ing chancers imo, but Jürgen claims he has their backing, i seriously doubt he would have if he showed a little more ambition in the transfer market, but if he's is prepared to play their game, then he should be called on it. Of course FSG will make him a scapegoat if and when the time comes.

Spot on mate.
      The only reason Jürgen is playing their game I would like to believe, is for the good of the club.
      We have seen the FSG method of managerial procedure and our man will be aware of having to create a balance of working to the best of his ability/placating supporters/operating under a convoluted system that appears to preclude success.

Lesser men would walk, lesser men would not attempt to confront the impossible.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #126: Jan 22, 2017 06:59:05 pm
      Spot on mate.
      The only reason Jürgen is playing their game I would like to believe, is for the good of the club.
      We have seen the FSG method of managerial procedure and our man will be aware of having to create a balance of working to the best of his ability/placating supporters/operating under a convoluted system that appears to preclude success.

Lesser men would walk, lesser men would not attempt to confront the impossible.

His achievements to date are all the more remarkable as he still has  most of the then  original , dysfunctional, disjointed, underperformers he inherited in 2015.

So fair crack to him .   Hes polished the turds to shine and can leave an England international forward on the bench for most games.

He's spent nothing .

...and we were expecting the title ?

22nd January .     

10 points off the top .
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,632 posts | 765 
      Reply #127: Jan 22, 2017 07:10:48 pm
      We need a stronger squad.

We need to not have the likes of Sahko sitting at home and talks of Sturridge leaving. We need to ADD to our squad and we need to have these players out there because they will make the difference against the likes of Swansea and Southampton etc.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #128: Jan 22, 2017 07:58:10 pm
      How am i turning on Klopp? I'm just giving my opinion on what is going on with our team at the moment. These are the things i just don't get.

Why havn't we signed a LB ? We've got a midfielder playing there ( doing a great job by the way ) but why not sugn a LB ? This makes no sense to me.

Teams have sussed us , this is obvious , even to Plymouth. We need another way of playing.

We need to buy quality to add strength to the team , yet we our not interested apparently , this will come back to bite us on the arse.

Certain players have reached their peak and reach in our team . This is also obvious. They will not take us further in what we want to achieve, they will hold us back. ( time to get ruthless )

Also , when i read posters saying " We are 3rd in the league , semi final of sh*t cup , still in FA Cup "  this means NOTHING . In 3 weeks it can be " Out of top 4 , out of both cups and no transfer window to add quality to team "

If we were playing well but not getting results i would be optimistic. But we are playing turgid,  boring, predictable sh*te so i'm getting worried by our direction.

So what's your point?

:D

Question I have, is why did we put in a good solid display at Old Trafford, then fall apart at home to the bottom club? Why was the contrast so stark, why did we go from being disappointed to not getting all three points at Utd, to being outfought against Swansea?

We are so inconsistent, and have been for 26 years.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #129: Jan 22, 2017 08:22:14 pm
      His achievements to date are all the more remarkable as he still has  most of the then  original , dysfunctional, disjointed, underperformers he inherited in 2015.

So fair crack to him .   Hes polished the turds to shine and can leave an England international forward on the bench for most games.

He's spent nothing .

...and we were expecting the title ?

22nd January .     

10 points off the top .

You describe confronting the impossible Skip.
      fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #130: Jan 22, 2017 08:59:31 pm
      It`s the owners, they will never take Liverpool to the next level as they see it just for a cash cow to their business.
      Instead of adding to the squad someone like Griezmann they`ll sell Coutinho for 60mil and buy <100k/week potential as they did with Suarez..they`ve lowered the expectation so low that the Liverpool suporters can`t even dare to think that they should compete to sign world class talent because they are 'mercenaries' and they ask more than the cap wage..rather go with Charlie Adam because 'he wants to be here'.
      Scottbot

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #131: Jan 22, 2017 09:31:11 pm
      As I posted elsewhere I think Lallana loses half his value when he plays in the front three; he can create so much coming in from the mid-field where has space to do his business. This constant need to fit Can into the squad does my head in...I would rather see Lallana in the midfield and anyone else up front Origi, Ojo etc....to make it happen...hell I would accept putting Woodburn up there if it meant Adam could be playing where he is supposed to.

Absolutely mate, he simply doesn't see nearly as much of the ball and of course, in central areas his two footedness really comes to the fore, it was a master stroke to play him there in my opinion and I wouldn't compromise it. And giving young Woodburn a start isn't the worst idea either.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #132: Jan 22, 2017 09:36:23 pm
      So what's your point?

:D

Question I have, is why did we put in a good solid display at Old Trafford, then fall apart at home to the bottom club? Why was the contrast so stark, why did we go from being disappointed to not getting all three points at Utd, to being outfought against Swansea?

We are so inconsistent, and have been for 26 years.

My point is we have plodded on for the last 26 yrs with average players and supporters have backed them to the hilt , instead of running them out of town.

We are LIVERPOOL we have Jürgen KLOPP as our manager. Why have we still have players like Moreno , Mignolet , Can , Gini , Henderson , Origi ,Lovren . Tell me these players will be talked about in 20 yrs.

We have the manager , we have the resources , why our we doing it on the cheap?  We need F***ing quality not  a 5 yr plan .
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #133: Jan 22, 2017 09:40:10 pm
      My point is we have plodded on for the last 26 yrs with average players and supporters have backed them to the hilt , instead of running them out of town.

We are LIVERPOOL we have Jürgen KLOPP as our manager. Why have we still have players like Moreno , Mignolet , Can , Gini , Henderson , Origi ,Lovren . Tell me these players will be talked about in 20 yrs.

We have the manager , we have the resources , why our we doing it on the cheap?  We need f**king quality not  a 5 yr plan .

You need to ask Klopp as he bought Gini and had the summer and this window to get rid of the others!
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,564 posts | 1549 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #134: Jan 22, 2017 09:51:16 pm
      There's absolutely on doubt about it.

Moreno, Can, Gigi, Henderson, Mignolet, Lovren, Milner and Origi are here because Klopp wants them here.

He also wants Couts, Firmino, Lallana, Studge, Matip and Mane here.

Up until the City game I'd say his plan was ticking along nicely. Now? Seems we are not half the team without Mane, and that's not a reflection of how good Mane is, for me it's indicative of how thin on squad kwality we are.

I may be wrong, but I find it incredible we cannot find a single player (any position) who can strengthen us as a first XI
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #135: Jan 22, 2017 10:01:47 pm
      I think  it way we try play football like we score more then you never win league just playing attack football all time reason Chelsea will win league not best football team watch but get boreing one nil results
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #136: Jan 22, 2017 10:25:29 pm

We have the manager , we have the resources , why our we doing it on the cheap?  We need F***ing quality not  a 5 yr plan .

I'll tell you one thing... I won't soon be forgetting about Mignolet.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #137: Jan 23, 2017 12:33:27 am
      A 5 year plan??
      Is that on top of the 7 years the shysters have been here?

Quick Reply