Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Hull?

Simon Mignolet
      7 (13%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      2 (3.7%)
      Lucas Leiva
      1 (1.9%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      1 (1.9%)
      Jordan Henderson
      20 (37%)
      Emre Can
      1 (1.9%)
      Adam Lallana
      2 (3.7%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      15 (27.8%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      2 (3.7%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      2 (3.7%)
      Divock Origi
      1 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Voting closed: Feb 08, 2017 04:55:51 pm

Hull City 2-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 32606 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Hull City 2-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #529: Feb 04, 2017 07:49:29 pm
      Missed the game today.

We're we dead on our feet again like it appears we have been the last few weeks?
      On thier in their brains and in their hearts  :(
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #530: Feb 04, 2017 07:51:33 pm
      PLEASE stop going on about CL qualification. Could not care less about it...
      Unfortunately CL Football is needed to attract Top talent and to keep them... It is the way of the football world
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #531: Feb 04, 2017 07:54:20 pm
      Me Too... (Just lying to make myself look good and feel better about today)  :f_wah:
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #532: Feb 04, 2017 07:54:39 pm
      Seriously these man of the match polls
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #533: Feb 04, 2017 08:00:45 pm
      Unfortunately CL Football is needed to attract Top talent and to keep them... It is the way of the football world

What silverware do you pick up for 2nd, 3rd or 4th?

What silverware is collected for participating in CL?

If players want to play in CL more than trying to win domestic trophies, then they don't deserve to play.

fckmediocrity
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 213 
      Reply #534: Feb 04, 2017 08:03:05 pm

What was the talent that was signed then Liverpool had CL last time?
      Not that no one worthy was signed but a world class talent was sold.

Bury them in money and they will come..how did Utd signed Pobga,Martial,Ibrahimovic and now probably Griezmann even though they had no CL for 3 seasons ? how did City before they were established got Aguero Silva and Toure ?
      harrydunn08

• 5,927 posts | 969 
      Reply #535: Feb 04, 2017 09:27:13 pm
      Missed the game.  Can anyone fill me in on how Can played?  I was nervous the moment I saw his name in the starting lineup -- our midfield always seems dysfunctional whenever he plays.... 

I know I saw a stat about how good we are whenever Mane starts.  Anyone know the stat of how bad we are when Can starts ???

Jürgen needs to make some big decisions in the coming days and we need to turn things around sharpish!!  F***ing depressing our form since the City game....
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #536: Feb 04, 2017 09:37:46 pm
      Missed the game.  Can anyone fill me in on how Can played?

Terrible, subbed off after 65 minutes and that was just over an hour too late.

Anyone know the stat of how bad we are when Can starts

No, but I'd be interested too. Even more so if someone could include if it was midfield rather than CB.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #537: Feb 04, 2017 09:41:03 pm
      Missed the game.  Can anyone fill me in on how Can played?  I was nervous the moment I saw his name in the starting lineup -- our midfield always seems dysfunctional whenever he plays.... 

I know I saw a stat about how good we are whenever Mane starts.  Anyone know the stat of how bad we are when Can starts ???

Jürgen needs to make some big decisions in the coming days and we need to turn things around sharpish!!  F***ing depressing our form since the City game....

Terrible and partly responsible for the first goal, however no worse than almost anyone else on the pitch. No one can really hold their head up high today. To be honest, the problem isn't with Can, it's with Klopp. Mistakes aside, no matter who you play as a second holding midfielder against a side that has no interest in possession, is going to be a spare part. In these circumstances we need guile, not solidity.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #538: Feb 04, 2017 10:01:43 pm
      What was the talent that was signed then Liverpool had CL last time?
      Not that no one worthy was signed but a world class talent was sold.

Bury them in money and they will come..how did Utd signed Pobga,Martial,Ibrahimovic and now probably Griezmann even though they had no CL for 3 seasons ? how did City before they were established got Aguero Silva and Toure ?
      Unfortunately Utd missing out on CL is considered a blip nowadays Liverpool in the CL is like Leicester winning the Premier league title will happen once in a blue moon... City? all about the wages
      harrydunn08

• 5,927 posts | 969 
      Reply #539: Feb 04, 2017 10:08:00 pm
      Terrible, subbed off after 65 minutes and that was just over an hour too late.

No, but I'd be interested too. Even more so if someone could include if it was midfield rather than CB.

Terrible and partly responsible for the first goal, however no worse than almost anyone else on the pitch. No one can really hold their head up high today. To be honest, the problem isn't with Can, it's with Klopp. Mistakes aside, no matter who you play as a second holding midfielder against a side that has no interest in possession, is going to be a spare part. In these circumstances we need guile, not solidity.

Had a feeling I knew the answer, but still wanted to ask.  It's a shame too as I had sky high hopes for the lad when he signed.  Even coming into this season, I expected him to be our best midfielder, but he has been the disappointment of the season in my eyes....
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #540: Feb 04, 2017 10:14:13 pm
      No two ways about it, since the City game, we have been a complete and utter f**king embarrassment.

Sick to the back teeth of it, we look like a Rodgers team, so one dimensional and so easy to beat, especially with that F***ing clown in goal.

Why we continue to pump crosses into the box is beyond me given how short we are of aerial threat.
      rossyred

• 9,313 posts | 1671 
      Reply #541: Feb 04, 2017 10:23:07 pm
      Milner , Can and cant even say Mignolet because the back up is worse need to go. We are running on empty and the lack of a quality CF is costing us dear. Those who have recently doubled their wages need to buck the fXxk up as well . Awful performance I said pre match we need width and although we got it the delivery of Milner and Clyne is woeful.
      DanMann

• 5,797 posts | 892 
      Reply #542: Feb 04, 2017 10:30:04 pm
      Thinking back, two moments stand out to me to demonstrate how poor we were (obviously, our poor moments were not limited to these two):

1. We had a corner early on in the game (before the 20 or so that we also wasted), and we followed some sort of training routine. A short corner. A pass to the centre, and a further pass to Coutinho... then, a complete fluff as Coutinho lobbed a ball forward towards the advertising boards - and well away from any Liverpool player.

What was that all about? Complete waste, and a complete embarrassment. Seemed to be the way our players were feeling though as nothing much good followed. Why do we bother with "training routines"??? Can't remember the lat time one produced a goal.

2. The game restarted after HT. One would assume the players had just been hammered by Klopp, and Can in particular had wasted 45 minutes. So here we are.. ready for the come back. Yet, in the next 60 seconds of the restart, Can had already made two stupid fouls giving Hull two free kicks, and one in a dangerous area on the edge of our box. Seriously?! I was fuming - and imagining my rage if Hull scored from it. It was just ridiculously sloppy - and typical of Can.

60 seconds.. 2 fouls... !  :mad: Why did he bother coming back on the pitch?
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #543: Feb 04, 2017 10:33:27 pm
      Match day checklist;

75% possession
      Never beat first man with corner
      Mignolet F**k up leading to goal
      Major effort to get back on equal terms

From here it is dependent on opposition;

Top 6 team: keep trying
      Anyone else: concede
      Kharhaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 685 posts | 200 
      Reply #544: Feb 04, 2017 10:44:03 pm
      Match day checklist;

75% possession
      Never beat first man with corner
      Mignolet f**k up leading to goal
      Major effort to get back on equal terms

From here it is dependent on opposition;

Top 6 team: keep trying
      Anyone else: concede

But....but....we will learn from this....
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,335 posts | 184 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #545: Feb 04, 2017 11:00:45 pm
      Tell that to the cycling guys who ride hundreds of miles, day in day out.

All athletes feel fatigue, that is true, the best however are able to recover better.

Our players are in training virtually every day of the week. They have the best facilities afforded. Dieticians giving them proper nutrition. Physios maintaining their physical wellbeing. Being tired isn't a serious reason...

Yes it is. I'm sorry but you're talking out of whatever piece of info you feel is related to the subject.

Not to turn this thread into a science lesson (I'm not expert enough anyway)but the kind of muscle cells used for power and resistance are vastly different. Fast twitch fibers (used in sprints, Olympic lifting, kicking a ball hard, etc) are very easily overtrained, as any person who has been under excessive training load can attest. It's not only a matter of how well you eat or sleep. Human bodies have a limit to how much they can recover. Hasn't Klopp himself been complaining about fixtures? Or is Klopp wrong on this subject too?

And also, if you want to build a team of 11 Kenyan long distance runners by all means do, I'd love to see that sh*t. They'd make Lucas' sprints look like Usain F***ing Bolt.

Again, I'm not saying this last weeks debacle is only attributable to fatigue, but your insistance on it not even being a factor is plain wrong.

And yeah, the fact that they're very well paid is just... yeah. Completely unrelated.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,335 posts | 184 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #546: Feb 04, 2017 11:01:28 pm
      Tell that to the cycling guys who ride hundreds of miles, day in day out.

All athletes feel fatigue, that is true, the best however are able to recover better.

Our players are in training virtually every day of the week. They have the best facilities afforded. Dieticians giving them proper nutrition. Physios maintaining their physical wellbeing. Being tired isn't a serious reason...

Yes it is. I'm sorry but you're talking out of whatever piece of info you feel is related to the subject.

Not to turn this thread into a science lesson (I'm not expert enough anyway)but the kind of muscle cells used for power and resistance are vastly different. Fast twitch fibers (used in sprints, Olympic lifting, kicking a ball hard, etc) are very easily overtrained, as any person who has been under excessive training load can attest. It's not only a matter of how well you eat or sleep. Human bodies have a limit to how much they can recover from. Hasn't Klopp himself been complaining about fixtures? Or is Klopp wrong on this subject too?

And also, if you want to build a team of 11 Kenyan long distance runners by all means do, I'd love to see that sh*t. They'd make Lucas' sprints look like Usain F***ing Bolt.

Again, I'm not saying this last weeks debacle is only attributable to fatigue, but your insistance on it not even being a factor is plain wrong.

And yeah, the fact that they're very well paid is just... yeah. Completely unrelated.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #547: Feb 04, 2017 11:09:15 pm

Not to turn this thread into a science lesson (I'm not expert enough anyway)but the kind of muscle cells used for power and resistance are vastly different. Fast twitch fibers (used in sprints, Olympic lifting, kicking a ball hard, etc) are very easily overtrained, as any person who has been under excessive training load can attest. It's not only a matter of how well you eat or sleep. Human bodies have a limit to how much they can recover from. Hasn't Klopp himself been complaining about fixtures? Or is Klopp wrong on this subject too?

And also, if you want to build a team of 11 Kenyan long distance runners by all means do, I'd love to see that sh*t. They'd make Lucas' sprints look like Usain f**king Bolt.

So nice you said it twice want that reggae reggae sauce, hot reggae reggae sauce  ;D
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #548: Feb 04, 2017 11:15:25 pm
      just watched the game

cheaping out in the past few windows is really hurting us.  all those excuses.  all those reasons why we supposivey have a decent squad. fkin bollocks

This has been an absolutely horrible stretch of games we have watched. struggling to score. no fluidity in play.  defense still leaking the dumbest goals in the most creative ways.

Jürgen seriously.  you shouldve had a gameplan prior to the jan window. i hope you have a real game plan for the summer window because the stuff we have been dealt with aint going to win us trophies.

and i have been a migs supporter but he needs to go.  karius needs to go.  buy a real keeper not one on potential. pay what it takes to bring class to anfield cause our current success aint going to draw them here.

fkin embarrassing the teams we have lost to recently.  and its not like we have put out sh*te lineups either.
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #549: Feb 04, 2017 11:17:28 pm

And also, if you want to build a team of 11 Kenyan long distance runners by all means do, I'd love to see that sh*t. They'd make Lucas' sprints look like Usain f**king Bolt.

i think fatigue is an issue but then again it is not like hull city hasnt played a game all season.  and that if we demand so much from our players, we should have a deeper bench to compensate. 

it is a pure F**k up. the team needs some serious investment.  blaming or not blaming fatigue is not the answer.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #550: Feb 04, 2017 11:24:34 pm
      Embarrassing.

We've gone backwards big time.

We look worse now than whenever we did under Rodgers.

Relegation form this.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #551: Feb 04, 2017 11:31:01 pm
      Hull had 1 corner and scored. We had 14 - did we trouble the keeper from any?

Quick Reply