Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Hull?

Simon Mignolet
      7 (13%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      2 (3.7%)
      Lucas Leiva
      1 (1.9%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      1 (1.9%)
      Jordan Henderson
      20 (37%)
      Emre Can
      1 (1.9%)
      Adam Lallana
      2 (3.7%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      15 (27.8%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      2 (3.7%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      2 (3.7%)
      Divock Origi
      1 (1.9%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Voting closed: Feb 08, 2017 04:55:51 pm

Hull City 2-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 33094 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: Hull City 2-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #506: Feb 04, 2017 06:15:50 pm
      Why play Two defensive midfielders agains Hull knowing that they are going to park the bus, if we had another creative, attacking midfielder then this would help negate the bus parkers tactics
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #507: Feb 04, 2017 06:19:35 pm
      We are in a crisis
      Scottbot

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #508: Feb 04, 2017 06:20:34 pm
      Those comments from Klopp imply to me he would have been happy for a draw? I just don't get it.

He doesn't even sound angry or frustrated. Perhaps a tad bit disappointed. I know he has to control himself for the camera, but I think I would have openly slammed that performance today!!

Some managers don't slam the team/performance in public. I think Jürgen falls into that category.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      Reply #509: Feb 04, 2017 06:25:19 pm
      It's sad how many poor games Firminio and Lallana have Coutinho was poor today but at least he tried, the other two were anonymous again
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #510: Feb 04, 2017 06:29:54 pm
      It says you're 'on trial', I think the sentence is guilty as charged , send him down.

Hang the b***ard,obvious he is not one of ours.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #511: Feb 04, 2017 06:34:33 pm
      It's sad how many poor games Firminio and Lallana have Coutinho was poor today but at least he tried, the other two were anonymous again

Lallana gone back to previous form, i.e. trying fancy stuff without being fancy. BIG clear out in the summer, or I'm never watching this shower again. Hopefully in that time, the cowboys will be gone and Klopp won't be afraid to buy in some immediate quality. A Lewandowski for example, or Hart...

jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,335 posts | 184 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #512: Feb 04, 2017 06:34:52 pm
      Don't buy into this at all. You're talking about professional athletes, not Sunday league regulars. Look bereft of ideas and that with sideways/backwards passing means possession stats flatter is. Unfortunately, the only stat that matters is the scoreline. This squad needed an injection in the window and for whatever reason didn't get it.

It honestly doesn't matter if you buy into it or not. Fatigue is always a part of any sport, especially in elite levels. Adequate programming of intensity and volume of work is incredibly important and a very specialized area of work.

Do you really think our precious 'team with the most kms ran' stats come for free? It doesn't. High intensity playstyles usually carry this kind of effect. Bielsa is famous for blowing his team's legs in the end of the seasons, for example.

I'm not saying this is the reason we're losing, but it is a very real factor. In fact it only makes the fact that the squad needed an injection more important.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #513: Feb 04, 2017 06:39:41 pm

Give it a F***ing rest and stop revelling in other people's disappointment. 
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #514: Feb 04, 2017 06:40:42 pm
      It honestly doesn't matter if you buy into it or not. Fatigue is always a part of any sport, especially in elite levels. Adequate programming of intensity and volume of work is incredibly important and a very specialized area of work.

Do you really think our precious 'team with the most kms ran' stats come for free? It doesn't. High intensity playstyles usually carry this kind of effect. Bielsa is famous for blowing his team's legs in the end of the seasons, for example.

I'm not saying this is the reason we're losing, but it is a very real factor. In fact it only makes the fact that the squad needed an injection more important.

Tell that to the cycling guys who ride hundreds of miles, day in day out.

All athletes feel fatigue, that is true, the best however are able to recover better.

Our players are in training virtually every day of the week. They have the best facilities afforded. Dieticians giving them proper nutrition. Physios maintaining their physical wellbeing. Being tired isn't a serious reason...

MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #515: Feb 04, 2017 06:41:59 pm

Needed an injection due to lack of quality on the bench and on the field ATM...

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      Reply #516: Feb 04, 2017 06:44:16 pm
      Tell that to the cycling guys who ride hundreds of miles, day in day out.

All athletes feel fatigue, that is true, the best however are able to recover better.

Our players are in training virtually every day of the week. They have the best facilities afforded. Dieticians giving them proper nutrition. Physios maintaining their physical wellbeing. Being tired isn't a serious reason...

And amoungst the best payed in the league.......

Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #517: Feb 04, 2017 06:47:23 pm
      Only positive: Any still existing mindf*ck about a championship is over now. Now it's all about the CL qualification.

IMHO Klopp should really start to overthink his football philosophy. He once (Mainz, Dortmund) was all about one-touch-football where u give away the ball - basically play like Hull - and then counter with fast breaks. I have no idea why he switched to Tiki-Taka-football with that squad, because you need very creative players to do so and we don't have them.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #518: Feb 04, 2017 06:53:40 pm
      Many on here haven't received the abuse I have. Past week was massively out of order - properly disgusting.

So yeah, I'm calling it. Not gloating, but saying "hey, reality check".

Mate a lot of us have been saying this for a while now, probably longer than you.

We're all hurting right now so well done, but now is not the time to play the pr**k.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,378 posts | 4977 
      Reply #519: Feb 04, 2017 06:59:57 pm
      Missed the game today.

We're we dead on our feet again like it appears we have been the last few weeks?
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #520: Feb 04, 2017 07:02:36 pm
      Missed the game today.

We're we dead on our feet again like it appears we have been the last few weeks?

Not lethargic Si, but void of answers to teams that don't want to come out toe to toe with us.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #521: Feb 04, 2017 07:07:47 pm
      PLEASE stop going on about CL qualification. Could not care less about it...

The league has gone and it's not to Anfield.

Another season without trophies...

We are regressing at an alarming rate for whatever reason and it's needs to stop NOW! Our current form must be the worst in the PL and it shows no sign of abating. To a small extent I blame Klopp for team selection, but these players are in shocking form and lazy with it. Can is the one of the biggest culprits ATM and should be nowhere near first team action. Lallana needs to be dropped too. A stint on the bench may be just what some of the players need. But by Christ, we need something...
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      Reply #522: Feb 04, 2017 07:08:17 pm
      Not lethargic Si, but void of answers to teams that don't want to come out toe to toe with us.

Looks like Klopp has been sussed.... now the question is what dose he do next
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #523: Feb 04, 2017 07:11:06 pm
      We should've beaten Man City to sign Jesus. Our season certainly needs  a miracle.
      DutchLiverpoolFan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,086 posts | 61 
      Reply #524: Feb 04, 2017 07:12:14 pm
      The scary thing is that Everton is only 6 points behind of us now. How the F**k did we get that happen????
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #525: Feb 04, 2017 07:16:39 pm
      He admitted he was to blame for our recent abysmal form, so I'm thinking he's more angry and frustrated with himself than anyone else right now.

and yet he'll probably start with Can again next game with no change of tactics or formation, it's quite simply not good enough at this level to be this inflexible and naive tactically.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #526: Feb 04, 2017 07:23:12 pm
      We should've beaten Man City to sign Jesus. Our season certainly needs  a miracle.

I see what you did there....
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #527: Feb 04, 2017 07:43:54 pm
      Fatigue... Most of the teams in the Premier League as played as many games as we have,including cup runs... The likes of Utd,Southampton. Leicester,Chelsea,Arsenal,Tottenham, and City have played more...Even West ham had Europa League games, to blame it on Fatigue is absurd
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #528: Feb 04, 2017 07:48:06 pm
      Only positive: Any still existing mindf*ck about a championship is over now. Now it's all about the CL qualification.
      Not sure if that is a positive...If they still felt that they may yet win it  I believe that it would be the boost we need to make sure of a top 4 finish

Quick Reply