Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Liverpool record revenue but £19M loss for 2015-16

Read 22276 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Re: Liverpool record revenue but £19M loss for 2015-16
      Reply #161: Mar 07, 2017 12:57:11 am
      John O Sullivan‏ @Corballyred  4m4 minutes ago
      So let that sink in, for giving us 5 year loan, FSG are making about £7.5 million from the club, nice little earner for them isn't it

John O Sullivan‏ @Corballyred  5m5 minutes ago
      So FSG lied about the interest free loan for the stand, they are paying themselves over £1.5 million a year interest

So there's absolutely no way that they'd be lying or taking money out of the club, or that's what we were told, and yet just today we're hearing about a 1.5% interest rate.

Really can't wait for the point we hear about the rest of the sh*te that's been added to this loan too.

As I was saying, many times in life things aren't as simple as you're led to believe and as you're convinced to listen to.

*** Btw this isn't directed at Swab and in no way is including him in the f**king conversation, but put there for information purposes and those who choose to discuss it are more than welcome but shouldn't take offence should I choose to counter their arguments :D

At the risk of being labeled an FSG  lover.....is it really extraordinary that business owners would look to benefit from a business they own?

This is from the standpoint of me not knowing or understanding a whole hell of a lot about the  financing of the stand and how the original club debt was "forgiven". I'm just saying in general, is it that surprising or even that heinous that FSG want to make money on their investment? (football success notwithstanding as we can all agree they are not lighting the world on fire with their ambition). 
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #162: Mar 07, 2017 01:24:19 am
      At the risk of being labeled an FSG  lover.....is it really extraordinary that business owners would look to benefit from a business they own?

This is from the standpoint of me not knowing or understanding a whole hell of a lot about the  financing of the stand and how the original club debt was "forgiven". I'm just saying in general, is it that surprising or even that heinous that FSG want to make money on their investment? (football success notwithstanding as we can all agree they are not lighting the world on fire with their ambition).

At the risk of being labelled an FSG hater.... it's not that "extraordinary" that business owners would skim some of the cream from the milk.

Saying "football success notwithstanding" is the whole point though FL.

What is extraordinary though, is their transfer policy and lack of funds that underpin it. I don't think anyone would give a damn if they made a reasonable profit from their business. However, when that business bakes up a dubious, idealistic and miserly methodology to support it's primary business - the football team, then it isn't any wonder why some are questioning them. Especially, when you get amateur accountants on here adamant that everything they do is rosy!

Initially, I was all for giving them the benefit of the doubt and sat on the fence a fair bit with regards to them, unlike other posters (BBB and Stuey), who had their number from the get go. But my patients has worn a bit thin with them and it corresponds with my patients wearing thin on the constant mediocrity our team finds itself in. It's not a coincidence. Look at the numbers and figures above, we're a bureaucratic monster now, blowing up the size of admin for commercial profits but our team either seems to have the fat trimmed, or a lack of investment due to some miserly methodology. As Hughes states, we've gone up in Deloitte rankings and way down in UEFA's, our average standing in the league is what, 6th now?

Manager's do bear a brunt of that responsibility too, but if, as we know, their hands are tied it's a bit unfair to ask David to take on Goliath with one hand tied behind his back.

« Last Edit: Mar 07, 2017 09:59:09 am by Beerbelly »
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #163: Mar 07, 2017 01:30:32 am

Nothing wrong with it at all FL if they hadn't proceeded all this by telling us "we'll never take a penny from the club and everything earned will be invested in the club."

Therefore proving they continue to lie to this day about the inner workings of our club for their gain and our deception.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,224 posts | 1646 
      Reply #164: Mar 07, 2017 05:33:12 am
      So let that sink in, for giving us 5 year loan, FSG are making about £7.5 million from the club, nice little earner for them isn't it

So FSG lied about the interest free loan for the stand, they are paying themselves over £1.5 million a year interest

So there's absolutely no way that they'd be lying or taking money out of the club, or that's what we were told, and yet just today we're hearing about a 1.5% interest rate.

Really can't wait for the point we hear about the rest of the sh*te that's been added to this loan too.

As I was saying, many times in life things aren't as simple as you're led to believe and as you're convinced to listen to.

*** Btw this isn't directed at Swab and in no way is including him in the f**king conversation, but put there for information purposes and those who choose to discuss it are more than welcome but shouldn't take offence should I choose to counter their arguments :D

Sorry if I'm being a bit dim, but where's that 1.5% come from? Is it shown in the accounts?
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #165: Mar 07, 2017 05:44:47 am
      So James Pearce says FSG made it clear about the interest from the start! Show how much he's up their ass.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #166: Mar 07, 2017 06:02:28 am
      Sorry if I'm being a bit dim, but where's that 1.5% come from? Is it shown in the accounts?

Yep, as OR says it is confirmed by Pearce.

Should be interesting, I predict £750k "is nothing to these billionaires" will be the response. "We pay Coutinho that in 5 weeks wages" or something equally dismissive.

I just hope people with a lot more time continue to dig, shine a light on these shysters.
      RedWilly

• 9,224 posts | 1646 
      Reply #167: Mar 07, 2017 07:59:33 am

Should be interesting, I predict £750k "is nothing to these billionaires" will be the response. "We pay Coutinho that in 5 weeks wages" or something equally dismissive.

I just hope people with a lot more time continue to dig, shine a light on these shysters.

Another lie to add to the list then.

Seem to remember an awful lot defending them using th interest free loan as proof of their good intentions. Puts a nail in that coffin.

I wouldn't give a sh*t if they weren't tying the teams hands with their ludicrous policies.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Re: NESV/Fenway Sports Group: Owners of LFC
      Reply #168: Mar 07, 2017 08:40:19 am
      Here is an interesting article from last November

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/revealed-liverpool-fc-salaries-put-12168163

During this period of time we spent £208 million in wages. Which I expect will be within 10% of what Man U, Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal wages will be.

Yet somehow ? Man U spend 90% more on players wages. Man City 80%, Chelsea 50% and Arsenal 20%.

This is why we have no strength in depth

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #169: Mar 07, 2017 08:48:03 am
      football success notwithstanding
      Can we do that tho': as football fans, can we really ignore the football? 🤔

I can't but here's the rub... contrary to their lies, I've never doubted they were more concerned about profit than football. 😉

"Finally, I can say with authority that our ownership is not about profit."   :lmao:
      « Last Edit: Mar 07, 2017 09:08:24 am by bad boy bubby »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #170: Mar 07, 2017 09:10:30 am
      So James Pearce says FSG made it clear about the interest from the start! Show how much he's up their ass.

Pearce is a respected reporter who does not fall into line with the venomous msm, his comment was and is fair and neutral as regards football but it seems he does have tendency to come down on the side of FSG.
      It does take some time to realise those two issues have to be viewed and separated to come to any conclusions about James Pearce, the fact that he is kosher with the footy does note automatically make him an unquestionable expert on club ownership matters in football.
      RedWilly

• 9,224 posts | 1646 
      Reply #171: Mar 07, 2017 09:19:36 am
      For what it's worth it reckon John W's letter to the fans (Sept 2012) should be 'pinned' at the top of this board...

So many seem to have either, forgotten what was written or, they severely lack comprehension skills. 😕

Or maybe the FSG PR machine has done such a good job convincing that off the pitch matters come first that some don't just 'believe' it, they actively put it ahead of the football.

9th richest club in Europe and some think we can't compete financially. But here's the rub from FSG's perspective....why compete when you're already making a killing and will stand to make more when you sell up. If you aren't interested in the football then it makes perfect sense. They've played a blinder though to convince football fans that's right, got to give it to them. 
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #172: Mar 07, 2017 10:20:57 am

No mate. We can't and shouldn't as it's the reason we follow the game and care so much.

When it all boils down I don't care too much how much money we spend, how much money we earn, how big our wage bill is etc etc. All I care about is if we're going to win the title and I think we're probably as far away as ever.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #173: Mar 07, 2017 10:25:32 am
      I'm amazed at that £208M wage cost from the accounts.  Higher than Arsenal and Man City.

How have the club let it get so big without any real success - what have they been rewarding?

It's a genuine issue because it doesn't seem to allow us much wriggle room.  I knew the club had overpaid on some transfers but I am shocked they are overpaying everywhere else as well.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,232 posts | 4421 
      Reply #174: Mar 07, 2017 10:36:44 am
      Who are these back room men being paid so much?
      Certainly the scouts and TC members should have taken a pay reduction!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #175: Mar 07, 2017 10:44:45 am
      Is it any wonder why Rafa was swerved? I mean, you can just see it now..Rafa exposing FSG...

Is there a list of what shareholders receive annually & salaries of the top dogs?.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #176: Mar 07, 2017 10:49:16 am
      Is there a list of what shareholders receive annually & salaries of the top dogs?.

There was no dividend paid to the shareholders.

Think they just like the highest earning director which was more than likely to be Ian Ayre at £1.1M.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #177: Mar 07, 2017 10:56:08 am

Love to see just how some people try to "Spin" that... Nice one 'Luke.... Schooled People  ;D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,441 posts | 6431 
      Reply #178: Mar 07, 2017 11:42:58 am

I can't but here's the rub... contrary to their lies, I've never doubted they were more concerned about profit than football. 😉

"Finally, I can say with authority that our ownership is not about profit."   :lmao:

No we can't and shouldn't ignore the football aspect, that's the only part that really matters and I dare say if we were winning, people wouldn't care if they were taking a little off the top for themselves. My point is, ultimely they are just businessmen doing buseinessmen things.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #179: Mar 07, 2017 11:46:13 am

They are masters of juggling figures.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #180: Mar 07, 2017 01:42:14 pm
      Corballyred being used as a source; the thickest man on the planet.
       :lmao:

Full accounts.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00035668/filing-history

Echo (better source that corballyred)
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fcs-owners-fsg-delivered-8238254
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #181: Mar 07, 2017 02:09:44 pm
      Bit thick with numbers me but what does the : interest payable £5.5 million (2016) & £6 million (2015) relate to?.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #182: Mar 07, 2017 02:16:23 pm
      Bit thick with numbers me but what does the : interest payable £5.5 million (2016) & £6 million (2015) relate to?.

Interest payable on revolving credit facility/overdraft/bank loans plus deferred payments for player registration (whatever that means)

Page 29 is what all the fuss is about, with everyone completely missing the point, as usual.
      Nominal rate vs loan maturity (not applicable).
      « Last Edit: Mar 07, 2017 02:52:37 pm by Swab »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #183: Mar 07, 2017 05:04:56 pm

About half of this money relates to interest we pay because instead of giving a club all the transfer fee up front we pay in installments.

£2.3M for both of the years.

Quick Reply