Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Liverpool record revenue but £19M loss for 2015-16

Read 22257 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Re: Liverpool record revenue but £19M loss for 2015-16
      Reply #184: Mar 07, 2017 05:14:58 pm
      Page 26 is an interesting one on the player amortisation.

We brought in players for just over £100M.  New player registrations of £101.8M.  (Mostly on 5 year contracts so that adds costs of £20M a year to our amortisation cost).

Yet our disposals were £51M.  I can't get anywhere near that figure so can only assume that they have taken a massive write down somewhere on the value of the squad - something like £30-£35M.

Anybody help me out on that?

Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,244 posts | 851 
      Reply #185: Mar 07, 2017 05:20:01 pm
      Love to see just how some people try to "Spin" that... Nice one 'Luke.... Schooled People  ;D

Well if you read properly and you know the difference between a demand loan and a fixed term loan then maybe you would think otherwise?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #186: Mar 07, 2017 05:23:56 pm
      Well if you read properly and you know the difference between a demand loan and a fixed term loan then maybe you would think otherwise?

You may be asking too much. :P
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,244 posts | 851 
      Reply #187: Mar 07, 2017 05:38:43 pm

We brought in players for just over £100M.  New player registrations of £101.8M.  (Mostly on 5 year contracts so that adds costs of £20M a year to our amortisation cost).

Yet our disposals were £51M.  I can't get anywhere near that figure so can only assume that they have taken a massive write down somewhere on the value of the squad - something like £30-£35M.

I'm not sure mate, I might be wrong about this but depending on their how they calculate depreciation of squad value per year for tax purposes. I don't know their calculation really. Might as well look into the previous years to see if there is a consistency in disposals.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #188: Mar 07, 2017 07:10:03 pm
      Interesting fact found on the net.

Our payroll figures for the last accounting period being the financial year Jürgen joined shows that we paid out more in salaries than Arsenal or Man City .
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #189: Mar 07, 2017 07:11:01 pm

Only had a quick look, but wouldn't new contracts have that effect?
      Old contract effectively ends 30/31 May (contract renewal)
      Then assume that new contract value comes into effect on 1 June, which will inflate next years figure, but have the effect of taking value off this year, depending on timing. I think this was why they changed the club accounting period a couple of times when they first came in.
      It's some sleight of hand to make us look like we made a loss, I think.
      There seems to be a fair bit of that going on, which is no surprise given KPMG involvement.

Having said that, I've only had a quick look and am probably completely wrong.

Also just seen in Strategic Report, that we are using higher player amortisation costs
      « Last Edit: Mar 07, 2017 07:28:27 pm by Swab »
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #190: Mar 07, 2017 07:51:18 pm
      I don't profess to be an accountant, I pour beer for a living and talk bollocks with people (quite like it too), but I'm not a f****** mug either. We pay more out in wages than Man City?  :lmao: Do me a favour.

That's either total and utter bollocks, OR we pay out 10 million quid a year to a couple of PA's in the office. We certainly don't pay more to our players than the likes of man Utd, Man City and Chelsea. Nobody is suggesting that are they surely?

As for them making a profit on their investment, I've got absolutely no problem with that at all. I've no doubt that when they eventually sell, they'll make a profit which is a bigger number than any of us will be able to fit on the screen of our phone calculator, never mind ever be able to see it in real money. At the moment though it's a profit which is inflated by strangling player investment, and that I can't forgive.   
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #191: Mar 07, 2017 07:58:26 pm
      We certainly don't pay more to our players than the likes of man Utd, Man City and Chelsea. Nobody is suggesting that are they surely?

£42M increase in a year seems somewhat unbelievable doesnt it...
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #192: Mar 07, 2017 07:58:50 pm
      Interesting fact found on the net.

Our payroll figures for the last accounting period being the financial year Jürgen joined shows that we paid out more in salaries than Arsenal or Man City .

As stated Skip their accountants have a penchant for juggling figures.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #193: Mar 07, 2017 09:30:47 pm
      I don't profess to be an accountant, I pour beer for a living and talk bollocks with people (quite like it too), but I'm not a f****** mug either. We pay more out in wages than Man City?  :lmao: Do me a favour.

Mick . You know me . I don't post bullshit mate .

Here are  the sources      Liverpool Echo and Daily Mirror .

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpools-wage-bill-soars-25-9979630

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpools-wage-bill-rockets-25-12700881

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #194: Mar 07, 2017 09:37:56 pm

To put it into perspective and at a rough calculation - that equates to about a £73.25k per week pay rise for 11 players. Not taking into account the wages of players we sold, of course. 😂

Load of aul sh*te. 💩💩💩
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #195: Mar 07, 2017 10:29:19 pm

It's ALL staff, players, coaching, "admin" etc
      Not sure yet, but I think it includes signing on fees, and may even include BR's package, as well as Klopp's and his staff.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #196: Mar 07, 2017 10:31:42 pm
      and may even include BR's package

Doesn't include that.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #197: Mar 07, 2017 10:33:58 pm

Well, considering the stupid fuckers Michael Edwards and co in recruitment bought Balotelli, then I wouldn't put it past them to somehow contrive to give us the highest wage budget.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #198: Mar 07, 2017 10:43:51 pm

I know it appears elsewhere, but figures often appear more than once, it's the reconciliation that's important.

How do you know it's not included?
      Genuinely curious, as I still haven't had a chance to have a proper look yet.
      I've got a house full of people, and keep getting disturbed every time I try to sit down and go through the accounts properly.

I mean, I know we'll have had big bonus payments for getting to 2 cup finals, but 42m seems excessive even accounting for all staff.
      I can't imagine Klopp and his staff cost that much to hire.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,266 posts | 1230 
      Reply #199: Mar 07, 2017 10:54:01 pm
      I know it appears elsewhere, but figures often appear more than once, it's the reconciliation that's important.

How do you know it's not included?
      Genuinely curious, as I still haven't had a chance to have a proper look yet.
      I've got a house full of people, and keep getting disturbed every time I try to sit down and go through the accounts properly.

I mean, I know we'll have had big bonus payments for getting to 2 cup finals, but 42m seems excessive even accounting for all staff.
      I can't imagine Klopp and his staff cost that much to hire.

Wait until the servants have gone to bed, pour yourself a little Courvoisier and let us know when you're ready.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #200: Mar 07, 2017 10:57:03 pm

Not saying you are talking bollocks skip, but the people who wrote the articles definitely are.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #201: Mar 07, 2017 11:15:42 pm
      Why the F**k do we have 500 administrative staff? 🤔 Staff wages costing more that players wages must be unheard of.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #202: Mar 07, 2017 11:41:14 pm
      Shamelessly robbed from RAWK:

**Just a note here, our debt is increasing despite what some people will try to have you believe, nice to see it illustrated so clearly here.**

In summary:

Turnover is increasing year on year.

We're making huge profits on player sales.

Commercial revenue is increasing.

Our Debt is increasing, the inter-company loan is increasing (despite being 0%), quite alarmingly by my reckoning.

Our wages are increasing disproportionately to the playing staff.

Yeah everything adds up quite neatly so our tax payments remain low but this is more than creative accounting, it stinks.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #203: Mar 08, 2017 12:12:28 am

That's either total and utter bollocks, OR we pay out 10 million quid a year to a couple of PA's in the office. We certainly don't pay more to our players than the likes of man Utd, Man City and Chelsea. Nobody is suggesting that are they surely?

As for them making a profit on their investment, I've got absolutely no problem with that at all. I've no doubt that when they eventually sell, they'll make a profit which is a bigger number than any of us will be able to fit on the screen of our phone calculator, never mind ever be able to see it in real money. At the moment though it's a profit which is inflated by strangling player investment, and that I can't forgive.   

Of course it's bollocks, but it looks great in headlines or when we're trying to sign *Aguero or Sanchez or some other big-name player.

*may well be taking the piss slightly!!
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #204: Mar 08, 2017 01:21:40 am
      I don't profess to be an accountant, I pour beer for a living and talk bollocks with people (quite like it too), but I'm not a f****** mug either. We pay more out in wages than Man City?   Do me a favour.

Most of our money is going towards admin or something other than the squad

I posted this link earlier

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/revealed-liverpool-fc-salaries-put-12168163

it does show that there is something severely wrong with our wages.

If we were putting the same percentage of income into the squad as Everton are doing we could have about 6 - 8 extra players on £100,000 a week

Think about it !

If we had 2/3 good players who are worth £100,000 a week it is possible , even probable we would still be in with a chance of winning the league

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,367 posts | 1638 
      Reply #205: Mar 08, 2017 09:17:36 am

**Just a note here, our debt is increasing despite what some people will try to have you believe, nice to see it illustrated so clearly here.**

In summary:

Our Debt is increasing, the inter-company loan is increasing (despite being 0%), quite alarmingly by my reckoning.

Yeah everything adds up quite neatly so our tax payments remain low but this is more than creative accounting, it stinks.
      Creative accounting come on mate you know that's not going on , these have no need and are too clever for that or so ive read on here on more than one occasion.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,244 posts | 851 
      Reply #206: Mar 08, 2017 09:23:11 am

In summary:

Mate

the rise in intercompany loan was to be expected, to fund the construction of the main stand, as it is explained on page 29 in the official report submitted to the company house.

Quick Reply