Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

The Run In - 2016-17

Read 87725 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,219 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: The Run In - 2016-17
      Reply #460: Apr 27, 2017 11:14:05 pm
      See this is where I disagree Keith, Chelsea are far better defenders, they just use less players. Spurs imo are the best defensive side when you judge their 5 (usual defensive formation) against the rest but the fact that you've still conceded more than them employing Mourinho tactics to me shows you're miles away from challenging for the league.

To do so you'll have to come out of your defensive huddle and take the game to some and in doing so your 'solid' defending will be exposed for what it really is and that's just a numbers game with simple organisation.

And who built the Chelsea team apart from the odd one or two  ;) Agreed about Spurs, enjoyable to watch too. (( unless your playing them  ;D ))  When Jose finishes building his side I honestly think we will be a force again. Summer transfer will speak volumes...... Hopefully  :)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,219 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #461: Apr 27, 2017 11:15:15 pm
      And you wonder why you have drawn so many games!

The away team goal keepers having a blinder  ;D
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,385 posts | 1542 
      Reply #462: Apr 27, 2017 11:16:59 pm
      As much as I want champions l,league back at Anfield, it somehow scares me a little with the squad we've currently got. We could get embarrassed, and at the same time distracted from the Prem. We certainly got a lot of buying to do in the summer to make this squad competitive on all four trophy fronts if we do qualify.
      Personally I think we'll blow it. Europa league at best for us.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #463: Apr 27, 2017 11:19:04 pm
      And who built the Chelsea team apart from the odd one or two  ;) Agreed about Spurs, enjoyable to watch too. (( unless your playing them  ;D ))  When Jose finishes building his side I honestly think we will be a force again. Summer transfer will speak volumes...... Hopefully  :)

Yeah it's nice to see what a real manager can do with all that talent he left behind languishing in the depths of the table, at one point they were down in 16th weren't they? Looking forward to that part of the Mourinho cycle?

He can spend money like nobody's business and I'll give him his due he does buy decent players but when you're shopping at those heights most people will agree with you because they're usually the most recognised talent.

Just like if you get Griezmann I'll be disappointed because he's a player I think is very good indeed but will have to go to despising him from next season onwards :D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,219 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #464: Apr 27, 2017 11:32:42 pm
      Yeah it's nice to see what a real manager can do with all that talent he left behind languishing in the depths of the table, at one point they were down in 16th weren't they? Looking forward to that part of the Mourinho cycle?

He can spend money like nobody's business and I'll give him his due he does buy decent players but when you're shopping at those heights most people will agree with you because they're usually the most recognised talent.

Just like if you get Griezmann I'll be disappointed because he's a player I think is very good indeed but will have to go to despising him from next season onwards :D

Yeah but we all know the team stopped playing for him. Hopefully Jose learned his lesson from that experience  ;D
      Griezmann would be a awesome signing if it happens. Thinks he's waiting to see if we get CL football to be honest. Hopefully he comes anyway. Very concerned about our keeper though as its not looking good.

Back on subject, Very exciting climax no matter who you support and hopefully the best teams qualify  ;D
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #465: Apr 27, 2017 11:33:44 pm
      Back on subject, Very exciting climax no matter who you support and hopefully the best teams qualify

I agree, hope we do too :D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #466: Apr 27, 2017 11:48:46 pm
      Counted 9 manc players in their own 18 yard box several times before getting totally pissed off with the game.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #467: Apr 27, 2017 11:56:30 pm
      Since Carra stop playing Liverpool has never learnt to deal with players like Benteke... We have a average back four WHERE no one takes charge, no one speaks to each other and passes on THEIR responsibility... we need quality defenders,leaders with heart and fight...
      Must proof read.must proof read...
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,219 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #468: Apr 28, 2017 12:07:12 am

i also agree with you and hope the reds qualify   :f_whistle: ;D
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #469: Apr 28, 2017 12:31:19 am
      Result not bad for us. Every media cut is making out it citeh&man's for who to get 4th.  Fcuk that site.  We still sit 3rd. Manchester away to yids&are 6 points under 1pt a game set up by the Portuguese pump no chance of them catching us. Forget this the filter lock is on atm so can't say what I mean to say.....Night night all
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,759 posts | 259 
      Reply #470: Apr 28, 2017 11:59:21 am
      It's not in our hands at all. If mancs draw tonight, they can both pass us with their games in hand, and so can Arsenal if they score 5 without reply in their 2 games in hand. We looking good for 6th from what we have control over, and we couldn't really be trusted to win all 4 remaining games can we ?

I like your optimism. Keep it up.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #471: Apr 28, 2017 12:30:17 pm
      I think Utd will draw to either Spurs or Arsenal (hopefully vs Arsenal) and Arsenal draw or lose to Spurs which leaves City, I suspect they will lose or draw one of their remaining games and would give us an opportunity to finish 3rd if we win all our games!!!

City will cruise home in 3rd, look at the games they have left.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #472: Apr 28, 2017 05:40:42 pm
      City will cruise home in 3rd, look at the games they have left.

Look at the games we have, we should win all 4 as well, but I bet we don't and I bet Citeh drop points as well.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #473: Apr 28, 2017 05:58:08 pm
      Not alway possible given the circumstances mate. How many times have we all said as fans the result is sometimes  more important than the performance?? It's that time of year where points make prizes.

Here's one for your record book Keith.

Worst possession % for the Scum since OPTA records began. 

Congratulations.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,219 posts | 2764 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #474: Apr 28, 2017 06:07:30 pm
      Here's one for your record book Keith.

Worst possession % for the Scum since OPTA records began. 

Congratulations.

Yeah I heard it last nite on sky sports.  :-\  Certainly not the United way as you'll know. I'm not sure what can be done about it though given the situation we're in.  Jose is obvious very desperate for CL next year so doing all he can to get there. I suppose all games can't be great to watch (( even when he choose to play that way )) and as a Derby we want exciting physical football for 90 mins just the way Celtic & Rangers do.

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,385 posts | 1542 
      Reply #475: Apr 28, 2017 10:55:44 pm
      I like your optimism. Keep it up.

It's called realism Robbie.
      I'm hoping as much as anyone we can do it, but it ain't looking good is it.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,053 posts | 342 
      Reply #476: Apr 29, 2017 12:11:36 am
      How small the margins are going to be between (relative) success and failure.  When I think of all those silly, silly points we've dropped, from Sunderland away to Palace at home, it hurts it really does.  We coulda been a contender.  Coulda shoulda.

Let's be positive and get behind the lads.  Yep, we look like messing it up, again, but if we can just start winning again, we'll do it. 

Fine margins.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 166 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #477: Apr 29, 2017 12:18:31 am
      How small the margins are going to be between (relative) success and failure.  When I think of all those silly, silly points we've dropped, from Sunderland away to Palace at home, it hurts it really does.  We coulda been a contender.  Coulda shoulda.

Let's be positive and get behind the lads.  Yep, we look like messing it up, again, but if we can just start winning again, we'll do it. 

Fine margins.

The next two games untra important, we need to keep winning. Our competitor might drop off after the next 2 games.

The picture will be clearer.  We need to do our part and not worry about the rest. we will be ok. Be positive, beyond the thunder we will find the rainbow.

I am still confidence, just keep digging away 1 game at a time.

:aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpool2xt1: :action-smiley-035:
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,927 posts | 968 
      Reply #478: Apr 29, 2017 01:01:50 am
      City will take 3rd -- they are better than us at winning the "easy" games. 

We will finish 4th.  United don't have Ibra to bail them out anymore and have an injury crisis of their own at CB.  Throw in the fact that they've got midweek European "distractions" and I just cant see them stringing together consecutive wins.  I can easily see them dropping 2 points between the Swansea and Palace games, and a minimum of 4 points (or as many as 6) against Arsenal, Spurs, and Southampton. 

Finishing above the Scum and Bitters will sadly be the silver lining to our disappointing finish to the season....
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #479: Apr 29, 2017 12:11:03 pm

Finishing above the Scum and Bitters will sadly be the silver lining to our disappointing finish to the season....

We all hope.

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,728 posts | 3945 
      Reply #480: Apr 29, 2017 12:20:29 pm
      City will take 3rd -- they are better than us at winning the "easy" games. 

We will finish 4th.  United don't have Ibra to bail them out anymore and have an injury crisis of their own at CB.  Throw in the fact that they've got midweek European "distractions" and I just cant see them stringing together consecutive wins.  I can easily see them dropping 2 points between the Swansea and Palace games, and a minimum of 4 points (or as many as 6) against Arsenal, Spurs, and Southampton. 

United play better without Ibra
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #481: Apr 29, 2017 01:12:04 pm
      United don't have Ibra to bail them out anymore
      Indeed. His goals have been directly responsible for 16 points [wins/draws] this season. Crazy for a 60 year old to carry that burden; no wonder his knee is gammy.  :laugh:
      « Last Edit: Apr 29, 2017 01:34:05 pm by bad boy bubby »
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,605 posts | 1683 
      • YNWA
      Reply #482: Apr 29, 2017 02:34:36 pm

Aye, brushed Chavs aside with Rashford up top. Difference between them and us is they have depth. We can't depend on them dropping lots of points, we need to keep winning ourselves.

Quick Reply