Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Pre Match: Liverpool vs AFC Bournemouth. Wed 5th April 2017 KO 20:00 BST

Read 12880 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Pre Match: Liverpool vs AFC Bournemouth. Wed 5th April 2017 KO 20:00 BST
      Apr 03, 2017 01:03:07 pm

I guess this shouldn't be, but really is another big game, a must win if you like.

This lot deserve a major going over, leading 3-1 with 14 mins to go we managed to gift them a 4-3 win back in early December.

Their form has been reasonable against middle teams, but against the better teams they have been beaten. We must turn them over.

Other games this week are,

Manchester United v Everton
      Arsenal v West Ham United
      Chelsea v Manchester City
      Swansea City v Tottenham Hotspur

... so some teams will lose points, thus we must not slip up.

I'd go with the team that started on Saturday baring injuries, if changes are to be made, then so be it, maybe Origi on for Mane, & if possible and injury willing Mane on the bench, but even this is unlikely as the offal reports, Sadio Mane is unlikely to be fit for Liverpool's game against Bournemouth on Wednesday after picking up an injury during this afternoon's Merseyside derby victory, Jürgen Klopp has confirmed.

NB: Team no longer available

Come on RED men.

On a side note, and a vastly important one, Liverpool Football Club will pay tribute to the 96 supporters who lost their lives at Hillsborough during this week's game against Bournemouth at Anfield.

A minute of applause will take place before kick-off to celebrate the lives of the 96 and, in time-honoured tradition, fans at the Kop end will reveal a commemorative mosaic.

Players will wear black armbands as a mark of respect and tributes will be displayed on LED boards surrounding the pitch. There will also be a commemorative edition of the matchday programme. 
      LFC 96
      « Last Edit: Apr 03, 2017 01:09:46 pm by RedPuppy »
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Pre Match: Liverpool vs AFC Bournemouth. Wed 5th April 2017 KO 20:00 BST
      Reply #1: Apr 03, 2017 01:12:53 pm
      Really need to treat our remaining games as Cup finals, lets get another 3 points on the board and hopefully a few goals for goal difference just incase.
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Reply #2: Apr 03, 2017 01:18:01 pm
      Can't see Lucas playing Wednesday, wouldn't be surprised in TAA started.

Manchester United v Everton (everton for me with scum getting a few injuries and sendings off)
      Arsenal v West Ham United  (wham please with arse getting a few injuries and sendings off)
      Chelsea v Manchester City  (realistickly we are not going to catch the chavs, but i don't want scum getting 4th, so draw for me with injuries and sendings off for both)
      Swansea City v Tottenham Hotspur (swans please.  Oh and with spuds suffering injuries and sending's off)

I don't ask for much

xxxxx:action-smiley-065: :scarf:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3: Apr 03, 2017 01:36:12 pm

Manchester United v Everton (everton for me with scum getting a few injuries and sendings off)
      Arsenal v West Ham United  (wham please with arse getting a few injuries and sendings off)
      Chelsea v Manchester City  (realistickly we are not going to catch the chavs, but i don't want scum getting 4th, so draw for me with injuries and sendings off for both)
      Swansea City v Tottenham Hotspur (swans please.  Oh and with spuds suffering injuries and sending's off)

I don't ask for much

Think Spurs losing is a slightly wishful thinking but then Swansea are fighting for their lives so who knows. The other games could well be upsets and I can see Citeh beating the Chavs.
      Oh and we really should be able to beat Bournemouth this time, but if we are leading with just 15 minutes left can we please play a bit more defensive ;-)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #4: Apr 03, 2017 01:40:45 pm

I don't ask for much

Could be massive these fixtures and results in affecting our fate in the remaining games.
      Got to take all three from these on Wednesday as a priority.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #5: Apr 03, 2017 02:39:24 pm
      Think we'll win 5 of our last 8 games and this will be one of them.

And as pointed out - that defeat at their ground should be prime motivation for the players.

Fingers crossed on Sadio Mane.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #6: Apr 03, 2017 02:49:56 pm
      We need to win, and ideally win big

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #7: Apr 03, 2017 03:02:15 pm

Don't be silly! They'll do anything to see us drop out of top 4, and that includes losing to Utd. Remember the home game vs City in the 13/14 season? 100% Utd win, everyone should put their life savings on it too, get some free money!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #8: Apr 03, 2017 03:31:12 pm
      Don't be silly! They'll do anything to see us drop out of top 4, and that includes losing to Utd. Remember the home game vs City in the 13/14 season? 100% Utd win, everyone should put their life savings on it too, get some free money!

Absolutely right it's a guarantee the Bitters will rather lose.

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #9: Apr 03, 2017 05:19:32 pm
      LFC to mark 28th anniversary of Hillsborough

Liverpool Football Club will pay tribute to the 96 supporters who lost their lives at Hillsborough during this week's game against Bournemouth at Anfield.

A minute of applause will take place before kick-off to celebrate the lives of the 96 and, in time-honoured tradition, fans at the Kop end will reveal a commemorative mosaic.

Players will wear black armbands as a mark of respect and tributes will be displayed on LED boards surrounding the pitch. There will also be a commemorative edition of the matchday programme. 

This week, young players from the Academy will take part in a two-day Hillsborough Memorial Tournament alongside youth players from Sheffield Wednesday and Nottingham Forest.

The players, aged from 9-14, will compete in 9v9 and 6v6 games at the club's Academy site in Kirkby.   

On Saturday April 15, players and staff across the club will fall silent at 3.06pm to observe a minute's silence to mark the 28th anniversary.

LFCTV will feature a day of themed programming and will be free to air in the UK and Republic of Ireland, and worldwide online via the club's official website and LFCTV GO.

LFC stores in Liverpool, Birkenhead, Chester, Dublin and Belfast will also cease trading temporarily so both staff and customers can participate in the minute of silence.

There will be no Hillsborough memorial service at Anfield this year, at the request of the Hillsborough Family Support Group, who informed the club last January that the 2016 service would be the final one to be held at the stadium.

On April 26, 2016 an inquest jury concluded that the 96 supporters who lost their lives as a result of the Hillsborough disaster were unlawfully killed and that no role was played by the fans in causing the tragedy.

Justice for the 96  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #10: Apr 03, 2017 05:30:10 pm
      Just get 3 points, that's all that matters. Keep stacking wins on top of wins.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #11: Apr 03, 2017 05:34:39 pm
      Absolutely right it's a guarantee the Bitters will rather lose.

In their eyes there is still a chance of top 4 so I'm not sure which result they'd prefer :roll:

I'm not kidding anyone am I? :D They'd definitely rather lose.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #12: Apr 03, 2017 06:26:06 pm
      Feeling quietly confident about this one, of course I've felt like that before!
      Any kind of win would do too be honest.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #13: Apr 03, 2017 06:42:03 pm
      Klopp has a chance to set a new record with 4 wins in a row this game right? I can't remember what was said, something like that.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #14: Apr 03, 2017 06:44:55 pm
      Klopp has a chance to set a new record with 4 wins in a row this game right? I can't remember what was said, something like that.

He's already done that twice this season. Besides, he drew the game before last against Man City. Move on. Next question.
      « Last Edit: Apr 03, 2017 06:49:03 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,235 posts | 752 
      Reply #15: Apr 03, 2017 07:23:51 pm
      Time that we kept a clean sheet, think that I will go for a 2  0 win for the Reds.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #16: Apr 03, 2017 07:59:05 pm
      Hope Divock's goal pushes him on and Studge is fit enough to make the bench. We need pace and firepower upfront.

Origi
      Cou Bobby
      Can Lucas Gini
      Milner Lovren Matip Clyne
      Migs

Subs- Karius, Klavan, Moreno, TAA, Grujic, Woodburn, Sturridge
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #17: Apr 03, 2017 08:48:29 pm
      Rumours of can and matip being injured now
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #18: Apr 03, 2017 08:54:44 pm

Of course, our best defender is injury prone, why wouldn't he be?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #19: Apr 03, 2017 08:58:14 pm

Oh F**k off, just when both were really settling in and showing their worth. F**k right off.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #20: Apr 03, 2017 09:12:26 pm

What rumors? I've seen nothing about this on any of the sites I frequent or the twitter accounts I follow?
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #21: Apr 03, 2017 09:19:57 pm
      biggest game of the season this

win big and send a statement to the lessor teams we can easily beat them now

draw or lose, the lessor teams will all come here thinking they can get something out of it

just win lads
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #22: Apr 03, 2017 09:23:18 pm
      What rumors? I've seen nothing about this on any of the sites I frequent or the twitter accounts I follow?

Twatter, can apparently wasn't in training

Quick Reply