Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre Match : Stoke v Liverpool : Sat 8th April 15.00

Read 8154 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Pre Match : Stoke v Liverpool : Sat 8th April 15.00
      Apr 07, 2017 08:43:02 am
      Next two away games are against the sort of teams we always struggle against Stoke and Palace. After the draw at Home against Bmouth it's imperative we pick up max pts against Stoke.
      No doubt Crouch will start and why would you not when you look at the way we defend long balls and set pieces, although I'm quietly confident that if Matip and Lovren start we might be ok.

3 games in a week for a squad as paper thin as ours is not ideal. This is the sort of schedule where Lucas ends up getting injured.
      So bearing that in mind if we can get 60mins out of Lucas that time frame might be an ideal time to shift Can to DM and bring on a replacement or switch Milner for Moreno (surely he can be trusted for 30mins!)

Sturridge should be able to handle 20-30 mins if needed.

So based on fitness and what is available I would go with something like

Migs
      Clyne
      Matip
      Lovren
      Milner

Lucas?
      Can
      Gini

Firmino
      Coutinho
      Origi
      « Last Edit: Apr 07, 2017 08:48:14 am by HScRed1 »
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Re: Pre Match : Stoke v Liverpool : Sat 8th April 15.00
      Reply #1: Apr 07, 2017 09:00:24 am
      Trickier than Bournemouth this.

We need 3pts or we can probably start thinking about waving goodbye to Champions League.

I can't see too much of a change, frankly because we don't have the personnel but perhaps Sturridge can enter the fray at some point and boost our chances.

The only thing I'd consider changing is swapping Clyne and Milner over at fb. Clyne for all his defensive good work is pretty much a non-entity going forward down the right flank, whereas Milner I think would offer way more quality from the right.

I don't know how capable Clyne is a LB, but if Milner can have relative success there as a midfield player, and Glen Johnson to an extent I think it would be worth pursuing this idea. I think Milner down the right will utilise the overlap much better and get in some proper crosses to. Our fullbacks haven't really helped stretch the pitch, nor have they used that room and width to take advantage of the space they have been afforded. So, trialling Milner there to add that dimension we've lack makes perfect sense.

Keep Origi up front, he's banged in 2 now in short succession, and other than a Coutinho piece of magic I can't really see where the goals will come from. So for me, the young Belgian is our best option through the middle right now.

Stoke, I have no doubt will look to kick a few lumps out of us as well so we need to be up for this way more than we were against Bournemouth, and hopefully, Jürgen won't feel like "vomiting" from our shoddy defending again.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #2: Apr 07, 2017 09:03:42 am
      So, who is confident against the weaker teams?  ;)

We really should be putting these away and going on a run of form with wins. There is no reason why we cannot, and hopefully we've learnt our lesson from the Bournemouth game. We played really well recently, but fell into our old ways of taking it easy on a "winnable" game, and that is our problem.

It's all about the attitude of the players and perhaps also Klopp. We saw that he didn't make effective use of his players or tactics against Bournemouth and perhaps he too again underestimated the opposition. But it's clear that the players did. All round, they were lackadaisical in their approach. Messing around - throwing passes to nobody, and trying to take on too many players. Then not even putting in enough effort to stop the threats.

No way do they play that way against Chelsea or Man Utd!! They take them folks seriously, but expect to get away with it against the likes of Bournemouth. No more.

What we need is intensity and a desire to hammer our opposition. That has to come fro Klopp and forced into the players. He should be screaming at them for messing around with the ball. He should be charging them on, and that has to happen now.

We need to go out there and put Stoke, Crystal Palace, and any other 'guaranteed victory' to the sword and claim those 3 points long before we get to the final 5 or 10 minutes and hold on for dear life.

Same team picks itself - unless any fortunate turn in fitness/injuries, but this time, let's go for it! We control our own destiny here. 4th place is ours if we want it.   
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #3: Apr 07, 2017 09:04:06 am
      The concern is teams now know that if you kick coutinio of the park, they win. We have nothing else. this will be a struggle.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #4: Apr 07, 2017 09:39:47 am
      I am going against the grain here and think we will bounce back from the Bournemouth game and get 3 points against Stoke.Some of our lads have got to know that they cannot afford to play good one week and play sh*te the next.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #5: Apr 07, 2017 11:10:54 am
      I think we're gona get beat and collapse on the run in to the end of the season. We are astonishingly easy to score against and it's gona cost us big time.

I actually think Stoke will be relishing playing us this weekend and our players will be nervous , slack and disorganized .
      Still , hope in your heart and all that.

I have done 1-1 in my Super Six though.
      « Last Edit: Apr 07, 2017 11:18:24 am by littleface »
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #6: Apr 07, 2017 11:54:59 am
      I think we're gona get beat and collapse on the run in to the end of the season. We are astonishingly easy to score against and it's gona cost us big time.

I actually think Stoke will be relishing playing us this weekend and our players will be nervous , slack and disorganized .
      Still , hope in your heart and all that.

I have done 1-1 in my Super Six though.

Why would you go with a draw in your Super Six if you think we're going to lose??  :roll:
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #7: Apr 07, 2017 12:02:00 pm
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #8: Apr 07, 2017 12:26:35 pm
      Why would you go with a draw in your Super Six if you think we're going to lose??  :roll:
      Because i'm an eternal optimist at heart.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #9: Apr 07, 2017 12:29:17 pm
      Knowing us, they might choose to start Crouchie. If Cou isnt fit to start, I would like us to play 4-4-2 diamond, and push for an aggressive start.

Origi-Studge
      Firmino
      Can - Gini
      Lucas
      Milner Lovren Matip Clyne
      Mig

Subs- Karius, Moreno, Klavan, TAA, Grujic, Woodburn, Coutinho
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #10: Apr 07, 2017 12:40:58 pm
      Knowing us, they might choose to start Crouchie. If Cou isnt fit to start, I would like us to play 4-4-2 diamond, and push for an aggressive start.

Origi-Studge
      Firmino
      Can - Gini
      Lucas
      Mig

If Coutinho is out the diamond is probably our best option without having to fill the team out with kids.

F***ing joke this club has become couple of injuries and we are decimated to the point if we don't win tomorrow it's a huge blow to the team mentally.
      Will be a uphill task to achieve Top 4.

Hendo still not training I doubt we will see him this season, Mane is out for the season, Lallana still a few more weeks before he starts training! 

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #11: Apr 07, 2017 12:46:16 pm
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #12: Apr 07, 2017 12:51:13 pm

Origi-Studge
      Firmino
      Can - Gini
      Lucas
      Mig

I agree with your selection. I would play Grujic rather than Lucas. It won't happen.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #13: Apr 07, 2017 01:00:33 pm
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #14: Apr 07, 2017 01:05:25 pm
      With all of these injuries and now Coutinho in doubt, I really feel pessimistic about our chances getting a result against Stoke, let alone other future games.

:(
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #15: Apr 07, 2017 01:06:00 pm
      Well at least it will be different to what Stoke was expecting ;-)
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Reply #16: Apr 07, 2017 01:26:46 pm
      This will be a physical game, not sure we have the players to deal with that.  Even thought Stoke look poor at moment, I can see us losing this one. Hope not!!

:kop5cf8koxp6:
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #17: Apr 07, 2017 01:30:53 pm
      At this rate Klopp will be forced use Danny Sturridge.  :o
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #18: Apr 07, 2017 01:35:00 pm
      F***ing hell, Coutinho now. Mane out for season. Europa League then, unless we learn how to do something we haven't done for 20 years, win ugly and keep clean sheets
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #19: Apr 07, 2017 01:36:11 pm
                 Karius
      Clyne Matip Lovren Moreno
           Milner Can Gini
      Coutinho Origi Firmino

Would not play Lucas in the middle for this, surely given things the way they are (paperthinness) Jürgen will consider moving Milner in there. His trick is pretty much up at FB anyway. Moreno is a dogs-dinner defending but our options are starting to get limited - Milner/Can/Gini are a defensive looking setup infront of the back 4, should should give them the cover to offset Moreno (in theory).
      Karius in for Migs, why not? Want to see more bambi-like Cruff-turns outside the box?
      Cou needs to play with whatever drugs or anything else thats need to get him out there, and Origi and Bob filling out the rest.
      No reason we can't go there and win, Stoke are no great shakes, but we need to show some backbone, intent.
      Jürgen will need to earn his bucks tomorrow.
      CMON BOYS!!!
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #20: Apr 07, 2017 01:40:32 pm
          Mignolet
      Clyne Matip Lovren Moreno
         Milner Can Gini
      Park bench Mascot Steward

Subs;

First come first served, form an orderly queue
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #21: Apr 07, 2017 02:02:10 pm
      With all of these injuries and now Coutinho in doubt, I really feel pessimistic about our chances getting a result against Stoke, let alone other future games.

:(
      Thats a terrible attitude.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #22: Apr 07, 2017 02:17:04 pm
      We need Jürgen to prove he's got a plan B .
      We don't have the players available to play 4-3-3
      Sturridge up front?
      Ojo on the wing ? Firminho  playing number 10 ? Grujic out wide ?
      4-4-1-1 ?
      ??????????

Quick Reply