Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. The Ox?

Yes, even at £35m.
      23 (14.6%)
      Yes, but not for that much.
      78 (49.7%)
      No way.
      56 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 151

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal)

Read 86520 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Re: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal)
      Reply #345: Aug 25, 2017 03:42:39 pm
      I dont have to give you any evidence. It's my opinion. I feel we need more than hendo gini can and milner. Grujic is not ready. You can forget lallana until late november/ early december.

If coutinho does not want to play and Emre Can has decided he wants to go at the end of the season then i feel this lad would be a good addition for this season and beyond.

Im sure he will not be short of offers from top clubs ... lets put it that way. He could even play wide in the front 3 if needs be. He improves squad depth, quality and options in my opinion.

If you are happy with hendo gini can milner and grujic for the forseeable then more power to you.

I just hope for a bit higher quality than the Ox thats all.

He is not a regular at Arsenal I wonder why? Maybe because he cant displace Xhaka and Co (they're midfield is hardly terrifying!)
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,549 posts | 1093 
      Reply #346: Aug 25, 2017 04:06:39 pm
      I just hope for a bit higher quality than the Ox thats all.

He is not a regular at Arsenal I wonder why? Maybe because he cant displace Xhaka and Co (they're midfield is hardly terrifying!)

He was a wide player at southampton ... wenger has used him at right back and right wing back. He wants to play more central. I think he would be a good addition to the squad and our midfield/attacking line.

Lallana is out for a while and cou does not want to play. Hendo is injury prone and can always seems to have a knock. Gini seems to play better in home matches.

Its a long season ... i feel he would be a good addition. I take your point mate on wanting top quality ... but keita it seems will not be moving and there will be plenty in for him next summer for 48m.

If we can get AOC for decent money I think he would be a good addition to the squad mate in midfield/attack.

Jürgen enquired about him earlier in the summer according to James Pearce and was told he was not for sale. That could change tomorrow if they decide to sell.
      Kopite78
      Reply #347: Aug 25, 2017 04:14:51 pm
      I think we are now pushing hard for 2 players, the Ox and Dick Van Dyke, wouldn't be a disaster with those two. Also Sakho will go with maybe Origi. Just gut feelings.

Pushing hard? I wonder what our version of that is..

I mean so far we have registered an interest and literally not put a bid in for either..

I reckon our next move is a gentle reminder via text of our interest
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #348: Aug 25, 2017 04:19:47 pm
      I think that if the club really wanted him then a bid would have been made a good while ago. He has actually started the season on excellent form and as a result I have noticed a bit more positivity about the lad in this thread. I like him, always have and think that injuries have curtailed his development thus far. However, I think Arsenal will play Russian roulette with all their stars this season in the hope they can get at least a couple of them signed over the course of the season. Ox is one that I expect will sign a new deal. I don't think Sanchez will though. I suspect Ozil may do.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #349: Aug 25, 2017 04:29:29 pm

I mean so far we have registered an interest and literally not put a bid in for either..

We put 2 bids in for Keita.
      The second bid, they said "come back with £66 million and we'll do the deal", then they reneged, which caused a lot of people to think it was all about RBL just doing it for publicity.

VvD, a bit different, and we said we wouldn't bid for him after the tapping up fiasco.

Not that it matters, but to say we didn't bid is a bit wide of the mark imo.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,347 posts | 6393 
      Reply #350: Aug 25, 2017 04:29:48 pm

Aggressive monitoring.
      Kopite78
      Reply #351: Aug 25, 2017 04:34:34 pm
      We put 2 bids in for Keita.
      The second bid, they said "come back with £66 million and we'll do the deal", then they reneged, which caused a lot of people to think it was all about RBL just doing it for publicity.

VvD, a bit different, and we said we wouldn't bid for him after the tapping up fiasco.

Not that it matters, but to say we didn't bid is a bit wide of the mark imo.

Well if you read back Al's post was referring to VVD and Oxlade...

Neither of which we have bid for
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #352: Aug 25, 2017 05:03:10 pm
      Well if you read back Al's post was referring to VVD and Oxlade...

Neither of which we have bid for

Can we even bid for VvD after the early window debacle?
      Or do we have to wait for another team to come in first?

Are we really interested in Oxlade? or is it just media sh*t?

I dunno.
      I kind of lose track, what with all the bullshit floating around.

I (and others) long for the days when the first we knew of a signing was when the club announced it, and it might be the case that they've gone back to doing it that way.
      But again, who knows.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #353: Aug 25, 2017 06:24:56 pm
      https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/901131958226481152

Do we want him? If we're to let Kent go out on loan then he would be good back-up/competition for Salah and Mane (less so). He can also play wing-back or midfield as a 10. I actually think it makes some sense for us to go after him for that role, he played well for Arsenal in their opener and while at the start of the window £35m would have been hell no, right now it appears a reasonable price.

Not saying a big thumbs up, but always thought as long as we got a proper winger in that this lad would add excellent depth, even more so now we have the Cout/Lallana issues.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/alex-oxlade-chamberlain/club-after-summer-transfer-window

(Would also make the Kent loan much more understandable too.)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,347 posts | 6393 
      Reply #354: Aug 25, 2017 06:30:44 pm
      https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/901131958226481152

Do we want him? If we're to let Kent go out on loan then he would be good back-up/competition for Salah and Mane (less so). He can also play wing-back or midfield as a 10. I actually think it makes some sense for us to go after him for that role, he played well for Arsenal in their opener and while at the start of the window £35m would have been hell no, right now it appears a reasonable price.

Not saying a big thumbs up, but always thought as long as we got a proper winger in that this lad would add excellent depth, even more so now we have the Cout/Lallana issues.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/alex-oxlade-chamberlain/club-after-summer-transfer-window

(Would also make the Kent loan much more understandable too.)

If we are going to buy a contract rebel from Arsenal, I'd rather it be Sanchez.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #355: Aug 25, 2017 06:33:18 pm
      Earlier in the window I would have said no..................but now any warm body will do.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #356: Aug 25, 2017 06:51:15 pm
      Looking at him from his agent's point of view I would tell him to sign for Chelsea...threadbare squad which would pretty much guarantee playing every week...the flip side is know them Conte is gone in 6 months and you never know what you will get as more than one player they have bought ends up not being in the new managers plan.

If he comes here he knows Klopp is going nowhere and that he will be given a chance to be in that first team for the foreseeable future.

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #357: Aug 25, 2017 10:12:31 pm
      SSN reporting that the lad has turned down a whopping 180k a week so it does now look like he could be gonner from the gooners!

I'd love the club to put in a bid. Although It still wouldn't surprise me if it was with Coutinho going out the door at the same time.
      Don77

• 6,549 posts | 1093 
      Reply #358: Aug 25, 2017 10:39:42 pm
      SSN reporting that the lad has turned down a whopping 180k a week so it does now look like he could be gonner from the gooners!

I'd love the club to put in a bid. Although It still wouldn't surprise me if it was with Coutinho going out the door at the same time.

Id rather have a sulking coutinho than the ox and no coutinho.

But I agree ... we will only spend when we have sold as fsg come not to pay. They made a nice profit last summer ... spent sweet fa in january and spent about 32m net this summer ....

They are making money right left and centre and now have CL money set to come flowing in ...

If they were not complete amateurs and offered enough keita and VVD would be here now ....

But to keep on topic ... even with all the money in the warchest, I agree. The only way we spend big in the next 5 days is if coutinho goes and if barca wave enough under fsg's noses they will cave. Henry and werner would sell their own mother if the money was right.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #359: Aug 25, 2017 10:47:31 pm
      Is he better than our newly signed midfielder James Milner though?  :)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #360: Aug 25, 2017 11:05:55 pm
      Is he better than our newly signed midfielder James Milner though?  :)

No.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #361: Aug 26, 2017 01:09:15 am
      Turned down 180k? That's a lot of money. Don't think he'll make something even close to that here.

Also if he is looking to get more minutes I believe that he'll get more in Arsenal than here.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #362: Aug 26, 2017 10:16:35 am
      Mirror linking us pretty strongly with a bid for Ox. I just wonder if we get him, Coutinho starts acting like even more of an arsehole and then they finally sell him. That scenario wouldn't surprise me.

Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #363: Aug 26, 2017 11:18:05 am
      Would be a good squad player. If we need a "filler", dont understand why we arent targetting a DM.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,441 posts | 3422 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #364: Aug 26, 2017 11:19:20 am
      180k a week for an injury prone, dunno his best position squad player, no thanks
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,653 posts | 3921 
      Reply #365: Aug 26, 2017 11:28:37 am
      180k a week for an injury prone, dunno his best position squad player, no thanks

Some people had similar attitudes towards Mane and Wijnaldum... look what happened there.

If Klopp wants him then he must be onto something
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,990 posts | 240 
      Reply #366: Aug 26, 2017 11:51:00 am
      Statistically his record isn't great (which makes me wonder how he is a possible "moneyball" FSG signing).  But, he has played all around the park(also a reason for poor goal to game ratio). He gets injured (but, that is a case with all the Arsenal players). He has a good work ethic and his crosses are good (if he plays winger). I think his refusal to sign the deal at Arsenal is not about money which is a good thing. Guess he wants to play CM based on his comments post the FA Cup win about imitating Gerrard when he was a kid.

I won't be over the moon if we sign him. But, I wouldn't really mind this signing as he is only 23.

But, have we registered our interest yet? ;)
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #367: Aug 26, 2017 11:52:21 am
      Statistically his record isn't great (which makes me wonder how he is a possible "moneyball" FSG signing).  But, he has played all around the park(also a reason for poor goal to game ratio). He gets injured (but, that is a case with all the Arsenal players). He has a good work ethic and his crosses are good (if he plays winger). I think his refusal to sign the deal at Arsenal is not about money which is a good thing. Guess he wants to play CM based on his comments post the FA Cup win about imitating Gerrard when he was a kid.

I won't be over the moon if we sign him. But, I wouldn't really mind this signing as he is only 23.

But, have we registered our interest yet? ;)

Absolutely, we're monitoring the sh*t out of this one!

Quick Reply