Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. The Ox?

Yes, even at £35m.
      23 (14.6%)
      Yes, but not for that much.
      78 (49.7%)
      No way.
      56 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 151

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal)

Read 85954 times
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 1077 
      Re: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal)
      Reply #299: Jul 13, 2017 07:00:51 pm
      Talented? Average at best
      Fast? Yes
      Strong? Not as strong as his build suggests
      Versatile? Give you that, does a good job of playing bad in a variety of positions
      Absolute tosser? Yes

😂 He is talented. Why else would Klopp want an injury laden guy? As far as his strength goes he is strong. Really good at getting low when fighting for position. Great lower center of gravity strength. I think the playing badly part is lack of playing time in one position. If he comes in and we make him a left back I could see him bringing more athleticism and speed to a position where we are limited in both right now. He is a very capable MF who can push the action and can even play forward with his speed for us in pinch. Does it blow my mind if we sign him it doesn't work out? Nope. But I can also see him being very productive for us. I think he is worth the gamble.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,193 posts | 6348 
      Reply #300: Jul 13, 2017 07:04:02 pm
      I'm still curious as to whether we are really in for him. Because once again, it's quite obvious he's itching for a move, so if we wanted him, whey wouldn't  we have made an offer at this point?

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #301: Jul 13, 2017 07:07:56 pm
      😂 He is talented. Why else would Klopp want an injury laden guy? As far as his strength goes he is strong. Really good at getting low when fighting for position. Great lower center of gravity strength. I think the playing badly part is lack of playing time in one position. If he comes in and we make him a left back I could see him bringing more athleticism and speed to a position where we are limited in both right now. He is a very capable MF who can push the action and can even play forward with his speed for us in pinch. Does it blow my mind if we sign him it doesn't work out? Nope. But I can also see him being very productive for us. I think he is worth the gamble.

But yet we won't make an offer for him despite him having 1 year left on his contract, can't want him that badly.
      Why would we have him as LB?! He struggles enough to defend on the right, let alone on his weaker side. Not to mention we already have one player playing there out of position, we don't need another.
      He brings pace, that's it. He gets very few goals and very few assists so it's not like we would be signing him to unlock stubborn defences. I really can't see where he would fit in, we have a fair number of attacking players, stocked in CM with potentially Keita arriving too and that leaves us with the defence, to which signing Ox wouldn't turn our defensive fortunes around in the slightest.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #302: Jul 13, 2017 07:14:40 pm
      Seems to be the way we roll these days mate. There have been times when Klopp has come out and stopped speculation linking us to players by saying we're not interested. He doesn't say that anymore I've noticed. The club just let the speculation swirl. I don't have. A problem with that if they get the business done but it was clear as day that the media speculation and the unsettling of VVD was a bit of a ploy in my mind. I can't imagine that we are really in for Ox though, surely there would have been a bid by now if that were the case.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 1077 
      Reply #303: Jul 13, 2017 07:15:10 pm
      But yet we won't make an offer for him despite him having 1 year left on his contract, can't want him that badly.
      Why would we have him as LB?! He struggles enough to defend on the right, let alone on his weaker side. Not to mention we already have one player playing there out of position, we don't need another.
      He brings pace, that's it. He gets very few goals and very few assists so it's not like we would be signing him to unlock stubborn defences. I really can't see where he would fit in, we have a fair number of attacking players, stocked in CM with potentially Keita arriving too and that leaves us with the defence, to which signing Ox wouldn't turn our defensive fortunes around in the slightest.

I would rather not play him a LB any more than you would. But I have heard a few podcast that suggest we would use him as a utility this year and then move him back to mid field if we shop Lallana next year. LB seems like the most likely place for him to get reps in if he does utitlty for us, especially if we get Naby. If we don't sign a LB I could see Klopp trying him at LB in FA and lower league games just to see what he has. I also think we will get him for lower than 20 mil, which makes the risk a little more worth it right?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #304: Jul 13, 2017 07:17:21 pm
      Klopp has said before that all talk about Ox is nonsense and that we aren't interested, maybe he doesn't feel he has to say it again. That was back in the winter too, when we were needing to bring players in. We didn't sign anyone then because couldn't find the right player so don't see how Ox could now suddenly be the right player we need to add to the team.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 1077 
      Reply #305: Jul 13, 2017 07:19:16 pm
      Klopp has said before that all talk about Ox is nonsense and that we aren't interested, maybe he doesn't feel he has to say it again. That was back in the winter too, when we were needing to bring players in. We didn't sign anyone then because couldn't find the right player so don't see how Ox could now suddenly be the right player we need to add to the team.

We will see. August 31st baby
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,193 posts | 6348 
      Reply #306: Jul 13, 2017 08:00:10 pm

If  we leave things till Aug 31st it ain't going to happen.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 1077 
      Reply #307: Jul 13, 2017 09:57:37 pm
      If  we leave things till Aug 31st it ain't going to happen.

Haha. I just meant we got a month and a half
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #308: Jul 14, 2017 12:29:27 am
      Only player to not make it on to the pitch last night in their friendly against Sydney.

Named as a substitute and the only one not to come on.

🤔
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #309: Jul 14, 2017 08:41:51 am
      Only player to not make it on to the pitch last night in their friendly against Sydney.

🤔

There could be a message there John,but if they want to get rid why did they take him to Sydney.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #310: Jul 14, 2017 09:51:17 am
      I'm still curious as to whether we are really in for him
      And I'm still hoping, to sweet F**k, we aren't. 😁

At worst he's pure pish [below average in an average Arsenal outfit]; at best a headless chicken of a "worth a punt gamble"... neither is what we need.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #311: Jul 14, 2017 09:53:55 am
      Can't agree BBB, I think on the odd occasions that he's fit, he's a good player. If we get him here's hoping I'm right, if we don't, he's sh!te regardless of him winning world player of the year ;D.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #312: Jul 14, 2017 10:00:15 am
      Can't agree BBB, I think on the odd occasions that he's fit, he's a good player. If we get him here's hoping I'm right, if we don't, he's sh!te regardless of him winning world player of the year ;D.
      His contribution stats per game are worse than Henderson.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #313: Jul 14, 2017 10:03:01 am
      His contribution stats per game are worse than Henderson.

How many games has he played for us or in a Jürgen Klopp team? Stats are overrated.

redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,972 posts | 237 
      Reply #314: Jul 14, 2017 10:04:22 am
      Sky Italy is reporting that Arsenal is holding for a swap with Matic.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #315: Jul 14, 2017 10:04:47 am

🤔

Pretty sure he played mate.

On his merit as a player I'd take him as I think he could improve a lot over the next few years and I think Klopp and his staff would maybe be able to get the best out of him. That said, I think half the reason he wants to leave Arsenal (or supposedly wants to anyway) is for more game time and I'm not sure he's guaranteed any more minutes here than he is at Arsenal. He'd be coming in as a squad player and no more probably.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #316: Jul 14, 2017 10:06:17 am
      How many games has he played for us or in a Jürgen Klopp team? Stats are overrated.
      You know I am talking about his stats at Arsenal compared to Hendo at Liverpool. Would you buy a striker with 100 apps and 2 goals because he has not played at Liverpool and stats are overrated?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #317: Jul 14, 2017 10:08:40 am
      Sky Italy is reporting that Arsenal is holding for a swap with Matic.
      What are they smoking at the emirates springs to mind. I would take Matic at Liverpool over Ox.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,972 posts | 237 
      Reply #318: Jul 14, 2017 10:15:00 am
      What are they smoking at the emirates springs to mind. I would take Matic at Liverpool over Ox.

Off topic.. Matic to United was a done deal.. But, that didn't happen. I doubt if that is going to happen now with United buying lukaku. Perisic to United was a done deal and then there were quotes yesterday from Inter Milans owner that he was not for sale. Dani Alves to city was a foregone conclusion. But, in the end city ended up spending 50mn on walker.

I guess we are not the only one s struggling to put pen to paper. :)
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #319: Jul 14, 2017 10:15:44 am
      Can't agree BBB, I think on the odd occasions that he's fit, he's a good player.
      See now... don't take this the wrong way but your ringing endorsement only serves to cement my opinion that I'm right Mick. 😛😁
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #320: Jul 14, 2017 11:44:49 am
      See now... don't take this the wrong way but your ringing endorsement only serves to cement my opinion that I'm right Mick. 😛😁

Haha fair play ;D.

Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #321: Jul 21, 2017 06:51:00 pm
      Arsenal have been offered the chance to sign Rafinha from Barcelona, according to Sky sources

Ox exit?

Quick Reply