Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. The Ox?

Yes, even at £35m.
      23 (14.6%)
      Yes, but not for that much.
      78 (49.7%)
      No way.
      56 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 151

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal)

Read 85980 times
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,974 posts | 237 
      Re: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal)
      Reply #368: Aug 26, 2017 12:00:44 pm
      Absolutely, we're monitoring the sh*t out of this one!

Sounds like our scouts. Always working hard!
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #369: Aug 26, 2017 01:02:27 pm
      I've "said all along" that I like this kid. In the absense of us signing anyone else, I'd be all over us getting him in.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #370: Aug 26, 2017 01:11:30 pm
      Some people had similar attitudes towards Mane and Wijnaldum... look what happened there.

If Klopp wants him then he must be onto something

Both were at least regulars
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #371: Aug 26, 2017 01:32:49 pm
      https://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/alex-oxlade-chamberlain/club-after-summer-transfer-window

They've shifted massively in our favour. Either the Echo or Mirror reporting that his Arsenal team-mates have heard him bigging up Liverpool and fully expect him to head for Anfield this summer.

Noises are getting quite loud on this one. Assuming that Coutinho stays, does he get a starting role or does he compete with Gini/Can for the 8? I know he's always wanted the Gerrard role but is that something people think he could play, does he offer enough defensive cover?

Is it possible we're looking at him for:

Migs
       Trent  Matip VvD Moreno
                  Henderson
                 Ox  Coutinho
           Salah  Firmino Mane

Basically coming in as the Keitalite with a view to coaching him in that position. He has the quality to play as a 10, I've no doubt about that, my only concern, if this is the plan, is does he do enough defensively to make that position his own. I like the idea and the more I think about this and his versatility (now that we have Salah), the more I'm warming to it.

I know there are a few who've been bigging Gini up (even suggesting he was MotM against Hoffenheim :lmao: ) but in truth he's been very disappointing so far and that was the only spark of life he's shown in a poor pre-season and poor start to the season. Now with news of his new born breaking there is a certainly a huge mitigating circumstance for the lad, so I'm willing to cut him a break on that regard but the more competition we can get in the 8/10 role the better imo. Also cover on the wings, let's get it done.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #372: Aug 26, 2017 01:45:25 pm
      If Klopp wants him then he must be onto something
      Noted. 😎
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #373: Aug 26, 2017 02:10:18 pm

I know there are a few who've been bigging Gini up (even suggesting he was MotM against Hoffenheim :lmao: )

Ridiculous it is when people try and pretend players have played better than they have. Couldn't agree more.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      Reply #374: Aug 26, 2017 02:22:42 pm
      Ridiculous it is when people try and pretend players have played better than they have. Couldn't agree more.

Or big up players at other clubs to say they are better than they are
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #375: Aug 26, 2017 02:37:04 pm
      Or big up players at other clubs to say they are better than they are

Couldn't agree more. Who's been at that old caper, I'll add my twopenneth into the debate?

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #376: Aug 26, 2017 02:42:37 pm
      I've "said all along" that I like this kid. In the absense of us signing anyone else, I'd be all over us getting him in.

Yep I'm with ya Mick - interesting this kid divides opinion so much though.......

I think he's got a lot of qualities and to my recollection has caused us bother with his pace/power/directness.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #377: Aug 26, 2017 02:43:04 pm

:lmao:

https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2017/08/liverpool-4-hoffenheim-2-match-ratings/

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-player-ratings-hoffenheim-firmino-11042497

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/08/liverpool-4-2-hoffenheim-player-ratings/

Many more, all with a similar tale to tell, only those with a vendetta and silly agenda wouldn't give credit where it's due, it's so obvious and predictable that it genuinely gives me a chuckle when I see it. Of course though, you just meant "couldn't agree more", you know "that was the point you were making" :lmao:

Anyway, Chamberlain, talk is that he is highly unlikely to start tomorrow and should certainly give us an indication if Arsenal have any inclination to sell to us. After the Suarez debacle I would think they're sharpening their "what are they smoking over there at Anfield" jibes already, but who knows, going to be a fun 5 days!
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      Reply #378: Aug 26, 2017 02:43:46 pm
      Couldn't agree more. Who's been at that old caper, I'll add my twopenneth into the debate?

We had the Hoffenheim keeper debate, the mysterious draxler love in and the player in this thread, individuals on here i can't remember and who in particular doesn't really matter
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #379: Aug 26, 2017 02:51:10 pm
      We had the Hoffenheim keeper debate, the mysterious draxler love in and the player in this thread, individuals on here i can't remember and who in particular doesn't really matter

The Hoffenheim keeper did look quite good compared to our two, but then again do do I ;D.

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #380: Aug 26, 2017 02:52:17 pm
      :lmao:

https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2017/08/liverpool-4-hoffenheim-2-match-ratings/

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-player-ratings-hoffenheim-firmino-11042497

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2017/08/liverpool-4-2-hoffenheim-player-ratings/

Many more, all with a similar tale to tell, only those with a vendetta and silly agenda wouldn't give credit where it's due, it's so obvious and predictable that it genuinely gives me a chuckle when I see it. Of course though, you just meant "couldn't agree more", you know "that was the point you were making" :lmao:

Anyway, Chamberlain, talk is that he is highly unlikely to start tomorrow and should certainly give us an indication if Arsenal have any inclination to sell to us. After the Suarez debacle I would think they're sharpening their "what are they smoking over there at Anfield" jibes already, but who knows, going to be a fun 5 days!

Bit of an over reaction mate! I thought Firmino had a good game the other night too ;D.

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #381: Aug 26, 2017 03:03:10 pm

I liked the celebration of assists over goals myself, funny stuff that was.

In fact, I even recollect assists that weren't actually assists because they were never converted yet were spoken of in just as triumphant fashion, RF would have had more assists if Mane or someone would have scored off them, damn those strikers.  :lmao:

I've had some laughs on here due to people believing their own sh*t, from body language expert to top cheerleader of fake assists, I just hope it carries on it's rather amusing.
      « Last Edit: Aug 26, 2017 03:34:41 pm by Beerbelly »
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 731 posts | 112 
      Reply #382: Aug 26, 2017 03:11:44 pm
      Turned down 180k? That's a lot of money. Don't think he'll make something even close to that here.

Which is - in itself - a good sign. The lad's more interested in playing and playing in his preferred positions than he is in earning £££s. Players like this are good to have around in the dressing room.

I like him. If we can get him for £40m then that would be a bargain imho.

He's strong and he has pace. Our midfield looks slow and lethergic. He's not necessarily going to score bucket loads of goals but he does create.

I'm surprised people aren't being more positive about this guy - he'll do well for us.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #383: Aug 26, 2017 03:18:00 pm
      If he joins the Ox will join a list of ex Southampton players at Anfield. ;D

Throw in VVD.. Who needs a scouting department..ffs
      ed603em
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 731 posts | 112 
      Reply #384: Aug 26, 2017 03:45:33 pm
      If he joins the Ox will join a list of ex Southampton players at Anfield. ;D

Throw in VVD.. Who needs a scouting department..ffs

I beg your pardon, I'll have you know we have an extensive network of scouts working hard to recruit the very best players ... they all just happen to live in the Solent area!
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #385: Aug 26, 2017 04:01:43 pm
      Which is - in itself - a good sign. The lad's more interested in playing and playing in his preferred positions than he is in earning £££s. Players like this are good to have around in the dressing room.

He's strong and he has pace. Our midfield looks slow and lethergic. He's not necessarily going to score bucket loads of goals but he does create.

I'm surprised people aren't being more positive about this guy - he'll do well for us.

Totally agree with this.

But will we actually make a bid or just a lot of noise to show willing without any real intent ?
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #386: Aug 27, 2017 12:10:05 am
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain set for Chelsea transfer.. as Arsenal think Liverpool are bigger threats to securing top 4 return
      Arsene Wenger doesn't want to strengthen a team he sees as direct rivals for Champions League qualification this season

Wenger sees Chelsea as serious title challengers, with or without the Ox, but reckons Liverpool could struggle to push for a top-four slot with Champions League ­fixtures to negotiate and does not want to strengthen their chances.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-oxlade-chamberlain-chelsea-not-11060272
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,143 posts | 257 
      Reply #387: Aug 27, 2017 03:35:15 am

Agreed mate.
      Our TC maybe keep monitoring of him, it seem hes one of our registered interest.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #388: Aug 27, 2017 10:23:28 am
      Agreed mate.
      Our TC maybe keep monitoring of him, it seem hes one of our registered interest.

Still be monitoring him in summer 2025 if our transfer committee is anything to go by.

Then we'll sign him on a free, excellent added age and experience to mix in with our young squad. Which will probably have an average age of 16 by then haha.

Or will he be the desperate last minute signing to keep the fans somewhat content?
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #389: Aug 27, 2017 01:48:18 pm
      If Chavs are interested as well, he's gonna want to stay in London no doubt.
      And £180k a week 😳
      Anyone think he's worth that, even in today's market 😳
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6355 
      Reply #390: Aug 27, 2017 02:58:51 pm
      If Chavs are interested as well, he's gonna want to stay in London no doubt.
      And £180k a week 😳
      Anyone think he's worth that, even in today's market 😳

You think he gets any significant playing time with them?

Quick Reply