Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Are LFC genuinely interested?

Yes we are ready to go head to head to sign him
      49 (44.1%)
      No, it's PR spin
      62 (55.9%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Virgil Van Dijk (Southampton)

Read 268942 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Re: Virgil Van Dijk (Southampton)
      Reply #2001: Aug 09, 2017 05:25:34 pm
      So anyhow this van Dijk fella - what do you does one reckon; would he go to Chelsea if they came a knocking? 🤔

That last post? Not aimed at anyone but deleted just in case there's a cock out there believing it was.  😁

I believe the PC term is "one-eyed monster."
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2002: Aug 09, 2017 05:28:49 pm
      So anyhow this van Dijk fella - what do you does one reckon; would he go to Chelsea if they came a knocking? 🤔

That last post? Not aimed at anyone but deleted just in case there's a cock out there believing it was.  😁
      I'm not sure what you wrote because I didn't see it, but I heard cocks are hard to offend, just look at the latest KFC advert. If Chelsea come knocking I'm not sure VVD would turn them down, I doubt Southampton would be any more likely to sell to them though, especially at a 10m loss seeing as Chelsea don't seem to have any interest in going above 50m, but we would start negotiations at 60-65m.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2003: Aug 09, 2017 06:17:41 pm

Noticed that the other day, put a one liner out about Riba, daft joke and got +9.

Must do it more often :D

I jest, I quite like the little fella, just don't get him wet or feed him after midnight, he'll turn in to a currency converter.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,516 posts | 3460 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2004: Aug 09, 2017 06:23:09 pm
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #2005: Aug 09, 2017 06:51:20 pm
      I believe the PC term is "one-eyed monster."

It's "rooster"... Get your mind out of the gutter young man. 😁
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,243 posts | 1112 
      Reply #2006: Aug 09, 2017 06:55:18 pm
      So this how I see it going, us and Hampton come to an agreement soon. We don't low ball them and come in with a dope offer that they accept, but under a few stipulations. The first is we have to pay a higher fee for the tapping up. The second is that they save face and report a few offers and reject them before accepting a "third offer". This makes everyone happy and we move on.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #2007: Aug 09, 2017 07:09:27 pm
      So this how I see it going, us and Hampton come to an agreement soon. We don't low ball them and come in with a dope offer that they accept, but under a few stipulations. The first is we have to pay a higher fee for the tapping up. The second is that they save face and report a few offers and reject them before accepting a "third offer". This makes everyone happy and we move on.

If they get 60+ million for a player who has said he wants to go and is publicly slagging management, why would they need to save face? It's GREAT business for them.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2008: Aug 09, 2017 07:13:57 pm
      There's certain things that if you either post a supportive post of either Brendan or Rafa, insult Riba or Swab will boost you on the + train. I think the average Riba insult is plus or minus 7 likes, whereas the average Brendan is the best coach ever post could net you 10+

It actually used to be quite a difficult thing to get a 'good post' vote, we even had a thread of 'good posts' (mostly the top scoring ones) not that long ago that was filled with some absolute crackers. These days seeing a post with a double figure like is quite common and I'm not sure that's for the better, but hey each to their own, I'll go with the flow.
      Riba is a dick, Brendan and Rafa should both be knighted and Swab is a tool too... awaiting my 34 thumbs up.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #2009: Aug 09, 2017 07:18:59 pm
      Riba is a dick, Brendan and Rafa should both be knighted and Swab is a tool too... awaiting my 34 thumbs up.

That's the spirit! :D
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #2010: Aug 09, 2017 07:20:26 pm
      If only he hadn't mentioned Rafa......  :lmao:.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2011: Aug 09, 2017 07:29:05 pm
      If only he hadn't mentioned Rafa......  :lmao:.

Cue LFCacrossthewater with his essay, spreadsheets, graphs, diagrams etc explaining why Rafa should never be knighted..

If there was ever a man i'd love to kick in the bollocks, let's just say it wouldn't be Rafa.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,243 posts | 1112 
      Reply #2012: Aug 09, 2017 07:48:06 pm
      If they get 60+ million for a player who has said he wants to go and is publicly slagging management, why would they need to save face? It's GREAT business for them.

It seems as though some think we won't be sold to, even if we turn in the highest bid. I could see them spiting us to send a message that we can no longer rape and pillage their club for top players, though it is highly unlikely. In this business and with that club money speaks. If they make it look like they reject a few bids before "bending us over" and getting top dollar than maybe their fan base feels more vindicated. Just spit balling here, I can't begin to imagine how fans of that club think (thank God)
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2013: Aug 09, 2017 08:10:23 pm
      Hmm, that is either utter bollocks or Southampton will get relegated this season. That's not wishful thinking, I honestly think that if they are that petty and nasty in their thinking then that will not be a happy team. In any case they could become my 4th most hated team after Manure, Chavs and the Bitters.

Not out of the question that they'll plateau/decline this year. I think Pellegrino's a talented manager as shown during his short stint at Alaves but too much chopping and changing this past year or so and the number of essential players they hold on to seems to diminish with each year.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,248 posts | 1226 
      Reply #2014: Aug 09, 2017 08:26:34 pm
      Not out of the question that they'll plateau/decline this year. I think Pellegrino's a talented manager as shown during his short stint at Alaves but too much chopping and changing this past year or so and the number of essential players they hold on to seems to diminish with each year.

Eighth in the league and a cup final they deserved to win wasn't exactly a bad effort last year, but it didn't save Puel.

Saints are a team that will need continued amounts of savvy in their youth development and transfer policy just to stay at that level.

They must regard us in much the same way as we regard Barce. Absolute c*nts who keep nicking their best players
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #2015: Aug 09, 2017 08:26:45 pm

Total and utter tosh.

The honours system should be abolished.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #2016: Aug 09, 2017 09:03:06 pm
      Total and utter tosh.

The honours system should be abolished.

I think it should be replaced with a downvote system instead. That way when you want to agree with someone's post, you have to actually write it and then when you disagree with them you can spare the insults. Therefore reducing the hostility on here. A nice dose of anti-depressants for the forum.

In other news, how many irrelevant posts does it take for this thread to get locked up and our hopes to be put out of their miseries?
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2017: Aug 09, 2017 09:10:57 pm
      I think it should be replaced with a downvote system instead. That way when you want to agree with someone's post, you have to actually write it and then when you disagree with them you can spare the insults. Therefore reducing the hostility on here. A nice dose of anti-depressants for the forum.

In other news, how many irrelevant posts does it take for this thread to get locked up and our hopes to be put out of their miseries?

Down vote system was tossed around 8 years ago and I don't think it's coming back.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #2018: Aug 09, 2017 09:16:45 pm
      Down vote system was tossed around 8 years ago and I don't think it's coming back.

Pfffft that was 8 years ago. The world was a much darker, less PC place. People were ruthless. I'm confident that people wouldn't abuse that system at all these days.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #2019: Aug 09, 2017 09:19:00 pm
      Pfffft that was 8 years ago. The world was a much darker, less PC place. People were ruthless. I'm confident that people wouldn't abuse that system at all these days.

I would
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #2020: Aug 09, 2017 09:21:38 pm

Well you're not going to get the opportunity to when you reveal yourself like that. I guess we can all just stick with passive aggressive insults toward certain members of this forum instead.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #2021: Aug 09, 2017 09:23:59 pm
      It seems as though some think we won't be sold to, even if we turn in the highest bid. I could see them spiting us to send a message that we can no longer rape and pillage their club for top players, though it is highly unlikely. In this business and with that club money speaks. If they make it look like they reject a few bids before "bending us over" and getting top dollar than maybe their fan base feels more vindicated. Just spit balling here, I can't begin to imagine how fans of that club think (thank God)

If anyone is working against us getting better it would be a group of agents.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #2022: Aug 09, 2017 09:27:12 pm
      Well you're not going to get the opportunity to when you reveal yourself like that. I guess we can all just stick with passive aggressive insults toward certain members of this forum instead.

I still would
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #2023: Aug 09, 2017 09:30:25 pm

Quick Reply