Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Are LFC genuinely interested?

Yes we are ready to go head to head to sign him
      49 (44.1%)
      No, it's PR spin
      62 (55.9%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Virgil Van Dijk (Southampton)

Read 260826 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Virgil Van Dijk (Southampton)
      Reply #2346: Aug 22, 2017 10:34:18 am
      Its weird how different people see things differently Blud. I read that as "no point wasting time on a player who Club says ain't for sale" and nothing more.

A bit like we are asking Barca to do and RBL are asking of us, I suppose.

And that's coming from me... someone dripping in tin-foil hats apparently. 😄😄

Then again: maybe you only get the hat if FSG are part of the 'conspiracy' story. 🤔

But it makes F**k all sense, Southampton do not have the luxury to sit on a £60-70 million asset who doesn't want to play for them, are they stark raving mad down there and just who the F**k is in charge anyway, i would have thought the owners who said they have to sell before they buy??
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #2347: Aug 22, 2017 11:37:33 am
      VvD want to join us but he also wants ECL

That's understandable when you consider City and Chelsea are already there.

Think he'll be a Liverpool player before next Monday if we qualify tomorrow night.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2348: Aug 22, 2017 12:39:02 pm
      It was a ridiculous thing to say, that we've ended all our interest, but I think its irrelevant. There must be things going on behind the scenes otherwise why are the odds on VVD becoming a Liverpool player still so very strong.

Because there are enough mugs on there to put money on it
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2349: Aug 22, 2017 12:41:17 pm
      Because there are enough mugs on there to put money on it

Hmm, its not quite that simple though, its the bookies setting these prices and unless there is a huge surge of betting for VVD, which in itself would be a bit weird without there being some evidence of it going to happen, then they would not make the price this short.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #2350: Aug 22, 2017 01:02:56 pm
      This feels a lot like the Dempsey thread from a few years back.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #2351: Aug 22, 2017 01:36:32 pm
      I think nobody else is bidding because the first bid will open the floodgates, and they all know he wants to play for us. By putting in the first bid they are doing us a favour.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #2352: Aug 22, 2017 03:27:26 pm
      Never took you for being a believer in what owners, players and managers say  ;)

You should read more of my posts then Al. 🙄

Click my username then click 'show posts'... its all in there Al and what was actually 'said' too at that - not just what fuckwits thought what was said. 😉

The club when they sucked Southampton cock?

They said what they said; it's a fact and not open to interpretation... I don't need to believe - the tools actually said it. Honest to F**k. 😂😂😂
      « Last Edit: Aug 22, 2017 04:38:37 pm by bad boy bubby »
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #2353: Aug 22, 2017 04:13:17 pm
      Fairy snuff mate, I "believe" ya  :D

😁😇
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2354: Aug 22, 2017 04:16:30 pm
      If its true that we are in for Höwedes then bollocks to all this VVD business but maybe it would be nice to have both and have Matip as the backup ;-)
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2355: Aug 22, 2017 05:00:49 pm
      Hmm, its not quite that simple though, its the bookies setting these prices and unless there is a huge surge of betting for VVD, which in itself would be a bit weird without there being some evidence of it going to happen, then they would not make the price this short.

Keep clutching at those straws
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2356: Aug 22, 2017 07:50:36 pm

Thanks I will, the same as I didn't reckon Phil would be sold.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #2357: Aug 24, 2017 07:24:05 pm
      Hopefully we put a bid in for VanDijk before the window closes. So far we've only TRIED to sign Keita, it would be nice if we TRIED to sign VD too. Even nicer if we actually signed him mind!
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #2358: Aug 24, 2017 10:15:54 pm
      No chance our wonderfull owners wont be putting there hands in there very deep pockets
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #2359: Aug 25, 2017 09:05:09 am
      Aye, someone suggested that earlier.

Its weird how different people see things differently Blud. I read that as "no point wasting time on a player who Club says ain't for sale" and nothing more.

A bit like we are asking Barca to do and RBL are asking of us, I suppose.

And that's coming from me... someone dripping in tin-foil hats apparently. 😄😄

Then again: maybe only the 'Freinds of FSG' get to award the hat and only then if FSG are part of the 'conspiracy' story. 🤔 😄

Hmmm I wonder.

IF he does sign for us......the whole "tapping up" and "public apology" that avoided a bidding war will be rightly claimed as a new "high water mark" in the  transfer / recruitment genius of FSG.

It really is an inspiring legacy they're building......

:f_tongueincheek:
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #2360: Aug 25, 2017 05:49:45 pm
      Apparently spotted in Liverpool today (source: twitter)

Sign him for F**k sake
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2361: Aug 25, 2017 05:52:33 pm
      Apparently spotted in Liverpool today (source: twitter)

Sign him for f**k sake
      oh,  if Twitter said that it has got to be true... Lock thread guys... Must be done deal!
      Salavaria
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 381 posts | 41 
      Reply #2362: Aug 25, 2017 06:38:58 pm
      Are Southampton within their rights to turn us down if, say, Arsenal or Chelsea come in with a bid for him which is accepted and we match it?
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2363: Aug 25, 2017 06:45:00 pm
      Are Southampton within their rights to turn us down if, say, Arsenal or Chelsea come in with a bid for him which is accepted and we match it?

I think if all bids were equal and VVD said he wanted LFC then Soton would be looking at issues in regards to labor laws etc.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #2364: Aug 25, 2017 06:52:11 pm

I don't believe they are, Van Dijk is not a fixed asset and as such must be treated as an employee rather than your typical asset sale. Therefore under employment law there is something called 'wrongful deprivation of career opportunity'. We may have a case under the same umbrella of laws but Van Dijk most certainly could sue Southampton if they accepted one bid but not another which amounted to the same gain for themselves.

It's a strange one because I believe more people look at players as assets rather than people these days and under asset law they could tell us to do one and sell to who they like, no harm done and absolutely no course for action. Employment law does change that somewhat and as it's a contract of employment he would most certainly be covered by that branch of the law rather than those with respect of assets.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2365: Aug 25, 2017 06:55:21 pm
      I don't believe they are, Van Dijk is not a fixed asset and as such must be treated as an employee rather than your typical asset sale. Therefore under employment law there is something called 'wrongful deprivation of career opportunity'. We may have a case under the same umbrella of laws but Van Dijk most certainly could sue Southampton if they accepted one bid but not another which amounted to the same gain for themselves.

It's a strange one because I believe more people look at players as assets rather than people these days and under asset law they could tell us to do one and sell to who they like, no harm done and absolutely no course for action. Employment law does change that somewhat and as it's a contract of employment he would most certainly be covered by that branch of the law rather than those with respect of assets.

I find it interesting in VVD transfer request where he mentions that Soton broke some rules...it almost leads me to believe that they knew all along his intentions, allowed him to meet with LFC and then pulled the rug out from him thus putting him in an untenable position.

So much drama this window...makes ya dizzy.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #2366: Aug 25, 2017 06:58:04 pm
      I find it interesting in VVD transfer request where he mentions that Soton broke some rules...it almost leads me to believe that they knew all along his intentions, allowed him to meet with LFC and then pulled the rug out from him thus putting him in an untenable position.

So much drama this window...makes ya dizzy.

Yeah he went for it in that letter didn't he? My mind has honestly been blown in this window AZ, I've gone from thinking that we completely fu**ed up, to the point where perhaps we agreed all along with Southampton but delayed it so their sale could go through (give that it appeared we had such a strong relationship) and back and forward between both points to the point I'll just be relieved when the window shuts and we can discuss matters in fact rather than all this guess work.

Let's just say that I'm convinced there's something that doesn't add up about this transfer, he's one of the best CBs in the league, everyone is sniffing around and not a bid has gone in yet. Something stinks.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #2367: Aug 25, 2017 07:08:31 pm
      Yeah he went for it in that letter didn't he? My mind has honestly been blown in this window AZ, I've gone from thinking that we completely fu**ed up, to the point where perhaps we agreed all along with Southampton but delayed it so their sale could go through (give that it appeared we had such a strong relationship) and back and forward between both points to the point I'll just be relieved when the window shuts and we can discuss matters in fact rather than all this guess work.

Let's just say that I'm convinced there's something that doesn't add up about this transfer, he's one of the best CBs in the league, everyone is sniffing around and not a bid has gone in yet. Something stinks.

There's a supposed knowledgeable "ITK" on the Saints forum that both Saints fans and Liverpool fans (on Reddit) hang on his every post. He has said that one club has bid (he implied it was us) and that they flat out refused because it didn't meet their valuation but he also said even if the bid was higher, they may still try to hold out and not sell him. They really are deluded enough to believe that if they keep him they can maybe make it into Europe.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #2368: Aug 25, 2017 07:18:17 pm
      There's a supposed knowledgeable "ITK" on the Saints forum that both Saints fans and Liverpool fans (on Reddit) hang on his every post. He has said that one club has bid (he implied it was us) and that they flat out refused because it didn't meet their valuation but he also said even if the bid was higher, they may still try to hold out and not sell him. They really are deluded enough to believe that if they keep him they can maybe make it into Europe.

Yeah, think it's Tom or something like.

Seen them but much like our own ITKs, even if he is, then he's still only fed what they want releasing.

Quick Reply