Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Palace?

Simon Mignolet
      2 (3.4%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      2 (3.4%)
      Dejan Lovren
      1 (1.7%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      1 (1.7%)
      Emre Can
      1 (1.7%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      46 (78%)
      Roberto Firmino
      2 (3.4%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Marko Grujić
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      2 (3.4%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      2 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Voting closed: Apr 27, 2017 06:28:59 pm

Liverpool 1-2 Crystal Palace: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 32404 times
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool v Crystal Palace
      Reply #460: Apr 23, 2017 06:32:53 pm
      Well if this encourages a summer cull of the squad then every cloud has a silver lining heh?

But with a win against Watford next game and we're back to thinking that most of our players are good enough.
      F**k me how many games like this are needed for us to realize that our squad is sh*t  :mad: :mad:
      DanRed44
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 121 posts | 18 
      Re: Liverpool 1-2 Crystal Palace: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #461: Apr 23, 2017 06:33:27 pm
      Why o f*ckin why is Klopp letting us underperform against these terrible sides, it's happened all season, we still can't defend, we still look vulnerable to pace on the counter, without Mane we have F**k all pace in our attack, we have no creativity, we are so easy to play against, so predictable, another weekend ruined by these underperforming pricks
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #462: Apr 23, 2017 06:34:49 pm
      Well if this encourages a summer cull of the squad then every cloud has a silver lining heh?

Unfortunately not, our 3-1 loss at Watford will do that.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #463: Apr 23, 2017 06:34:52 pm
      Andre Townsend has tattooed his F***ing hair on..

I swear he has.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #464: Apr 23, 2017 06:34:54 pm
      In all honesty, if I were to compare these players against the players of the all conquering years, I will only keep Matip, Mane and Cou. The rest can go,
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #465: Apr 23, 2017 06:35:05 pm
      Moreno is sh*t being a left back but being a winger I will give him credit for taking on defenders and harass them that most if not all the rest prefer the safe passes.

I agree.

We have one of the best playmaker in the PL, but he is let down by no striker and sh*t attacking full backs (Milner & Clyne).

In hindsight, perhaps Moreno should have started against the defensive teams more often this season.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,481 posts | 1487 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #466: Apr 23, 2017 06:35:11 pm
      When you have five games left, you're 1-0 up against a team just above relegation, and you still manage to lose, at home, you very probably don't deserve champions league. I know we have injuries but still, we had enough on the field today to deal with Palace.

Should have made subs earlier too. Maybe take off Lucas for Woodburn, or a Origi for Brewster like for like. May as well as Origi did precious little up front.

Anyone seen Wijnaldum? He was here about 90 minutes ago.

About the only silver lining is that City will probably beat Man Utd.

Probably.

Not voting for motm
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,892 posts | 816 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #467: Apr 23, 2017 06:35:27 pm
      Sick of this sh*t.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #468: Apr 23, 2017 06:37:28 pm
      I agree.

We have one of the best playmaker in the PL, but he is let down by no striker and sh*t attacking full backs (Milner & Clyne).

In hindsight, perhaps Moreno should have started against the defensive teams more often this season.

Yes, I have been saying it all along, Moreno will make a good winger inspite of some wild crosses. But at least he has the balls of trying to go pass defenders instead of knocking the ball sideways and backwards and this will tired out the opposition defenders. This is what I've seen for almost the entire game, except when TAA came on.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #469: Apr 23, 2017 06:38:09 pm
      When you have five games left, you're 1-0 up against a team just above relegation, and you still manage to lose, at home, you very probably don't deserve champions league. I know we have injuries but still, we had enough on the field today to deal with Palace.

Should have made subs earlier too. Maybe take off Lucas for Woodburn, or a Origi for Brewster like for like. May as well as Origi did precious little up front.

Anyone seen Wijnaldum? He was here about 90 minutes ago.

About the only silver lining is that City will probably beat Man Utd.

Probably.

Not voting for motm

Which would probably not make much of a difference because I frankly could see us lose at least once in our remaining 4 games.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,193 posts | 6346 
      Reply #470: Apr 23, 2017 06:38:58 pm
      Wow, it's gotten so bad people are calling for Moreno to play. People really do lose their minds when we lose. :lmao:
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #471: Apr 23, 2017 06:39:19 pm
      No need to curse them. After this long season it should be obvious that this team minus guys like Lallana or Mané is just not good enough, just too inconsistent. Don't beat a dead horse. CL is basically gone or could we still have a chance if we make it 5th and ManU wins the Europa League?
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,921 posts | 283 
      Reply #472: Apr 23, 2017 06:39:34 pm
      Klopp's lack of game management lost the game. It was obvious their goal was coming for 15mins after dominating the game.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #473: Apr 23, 2017 06:39:54 pm
      Look at when Moreno came on and see how he made runs behind the full back... twice, that's what you want from your full back vs defensive teams, something Clyne has only done ONCE this season, what a f**king joke.

It is depressing he gets the ball and never tries to beat his man. Just F***ing stops and plays it back 99% of the time
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 270 
      Reply #474: Apr 23, 2017 06:40:08 pm
      No top 4 will set us back another few years.

That's it mate I could effing cry,  no top four will be a disaster what players will want to join?
      I'm sick of looking at our bench and wondering who can come on a change a game.
      Klopp has got to take some responsibility for the lack of depth in the squad, oh and we can say bye to Countinho if we don't make the CL. Nobody mentions it now but I think losing that Europa League final set us back at least 12 months I feel gutted tonight.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,512 posts | 712 
      Reply #475: Apr 23, 2017 06:40:57 pm
      i got an idea. Lets sell sturridge to another premier league club so we can strengthen the league and our opposition.
      Tadders

• 6,700 posts | 565 
      Reply #476: Apr 23, 2017 06:41:27 pm
      Lovren finally found out? Can't even blame migs for either of them goals. The second is farcical - Emre can ffs
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #477: Apr 23, 2017 06:41:50 pm
      The only answer to this abject failure every season is to demand better.

The club know most of our fans are so gullible that any short run of good games and everyone thinks we're better than we are.

Pearce already making noises about downgrading our targets if no Champions League, when you leave yourself short by being cheap in the first place this is pretty galling.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,193 posts | 6346 
      Reply #478: Apr 23, 2017 06:42:07 pm
      i got an idea. Lets sell sturridge to another premier league club so we can strengthen the league and our opposition.

How would we strengthen a team by selling them a player that never plays because of injury?

And the fact that after this performance this is what you pick to harp about? Weirdo.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #479: Apr 23, 2017 06:42:23 pm
      No I certainly haven't loose my mind, did we ever threaten their defenders on the wing until Moreno came on? Palace defenders are having an off day. If we can't admit to that would tantamount to being judgemental on Moreno.   
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,651 posts | 481 
      Reply #480: Apr 23, 2017 06:42:47 pm
      There you go, another genius. Where does Sturridge comes into this?
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #481: Apr 23, 2017 06:44:09 pm
      If you guys need Moreno to come on to realize how sh*t our fullbacks have always been, you probably just need to watch any other side in the top 6. This has been our issue this entire season and I believe it's a big reason why we have always struggled against the bus parkers. When teams park the bus in front of their goal, that leaves so much space down the wings for the full backs to attack. But we are never able to capitalize on that because of our incompetent fullbacks.

And god no, Moreno is NOT the solution.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,193 posts | 6346 
      Reply #482: Apr 23, 2017 06:44:33 pm
      No I certainly haven't loose my mind, did we ever threaten their defenders on the wing until Moreno came on? Palace defenders are having an off day. If we can't admit to that would tantamount to being judgemental on Moreno.   
      Yea, a huge threat.....not to mention they weren't willing to play at that point, only interested in defending. Had they been going forward, Moreno would have been found out for his defensive frailty.

Quick Reply