Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Palace?

Simon Mignolet
      2 (3.4%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      2 (3.4%)
      Dejan Lovren
      1 (1.7%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Lucas Leiva
      1 (1.7%)
      Emre Can
      1 (1.7%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      46 (78%)
      Roberto Firmino
      2 (3.4%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Marko Grujić
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      2 (3.4%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      2 (3.4%)

Total Members Voted: 56

Voting closed: Apr 27, 2017 06:28:59 pm

Liverpool 1-2 Crystal Palace: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 32166 times
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Re: Liverpool 1-2 Crystal Palace: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #483: Apr 23, 2017 06:46:37 pm
      The top 4 depends on everyone else not winning and us pulling a result from somewhere. Hate mourinho but they keep winning tough games. On the flip side Lovren, klavan, Lucas, origi, Gini, can, etc etc in the champions league would be F***ing embarrassing
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #484: Apr 23, 2017 06:46:53 pm
      Unfortunately not, our 3-1 loss at Watford will do that.
      And how do you know that we will lose at Watford? You got some crystal ball there?

I bet you probably had us lose the previous 2 games, didn't you?
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #485: Apr 23, 2017 06:50:41 pm
      Yea, a huge threat.....not to mention they weren't willing to play at that point, only interested in defending. Had they been going forward, Moreno would have been found out for his defensive frailty.

Then we'll need a Can or Lucas to sweep across the pitch, oh wait a sec I've forgotten both are very slow through no fault of Moreno. When Moreno is so far up the pitch trying to create some damage it'll be difficult to sprint back to defend. Someone has to take on that role. We can't ask him to be a super duper left wing. Either use him as a wing back, we know he's hopeless in that, or use him as an out and out left wing. That's all I'm saying.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #486: Apr 23, 2017 06:50:48 pm
      I'm blaming the scuddy, blink who, in the pre match thread, said Benteke would not score. From now on - keep your watery gob shut. 😁
      « Last Edit: Apr 23, 2017 07:21:34 pm by bad boy bubby »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #487: Apr 23, 2017 06:52:20 pm
      And how do you know that we will lose at Watford? You got some crystal ball there?

I bet you probably had us lose the previous 2 games, didn't you?

Seriously, everyone acting like because we lost this game it's all over. Did anyone really think we were going to win our remaining 5 games? I didn't think we would. In fact we may lose another. As long as we win 3 of the last 4 we should be fine. United and City both likely to drop points.

Some of you should just go ahead and go jump off that cliff you are standing on and save the rest of us listening to your moaning.

When you walk through a storm, hold your head up high and don't be afraid of the dark.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #488: Apr 23, 2017 06:52:37 pm
      I'm blaming the scuddy, blinky fucks who, in the pre match thread, said Benteke would not score. From now on - keep your watery gobs shut. 😁

Don't worry, James Pearce is busy writing his match report.

He's too busy astro-turfing to post on here!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #489: Apr 23, 2017 06:54:14 pm
      Then we'll need a Can or Lucas to sweep across the pitch, oh wait a sec I've forgotten both are very slow through no fault of Moreno. When Moreno is so far up the pitch trying to create some damage it'll be difficult to sprint back to defend. Someone has to take on that role. We can't ask him to be a super duper left wing. Either use him as a wing back, we know he's hopeless in that, or use him as an out and out left wing. That's all I'm saying.

He's not shown he's worthwhile as either a LB or a Winger though. You are just grasping at straws.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #490: Apr 23, 2017 06:56:32 pm
      we be buying more b players when we miss out top playing in some Russia place never heard of in Europa league that top 4 gone next year anyteam in Europa you playing too many games who we going buy now if miss top 4
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Re: LIVE: Liverpool v Crystal Palace
      Reply #491: Apr 23, 2017 06:57:55 pm
      It's going to be sickening when the scum finish ahead of us.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #492: Apr 23, 2017 06:58:28 pm
      Seriously, everyone acting like because we lost this game it's all over. Did anyone really think we were going to win our remaining 5 games? I didn't think we would. In fact we may lose another. As long as we win 3 of the last 4 we should be fine. United and City both likely to drop points.

Some of you should just go ahead and go jump off that cliff you are standing on and save the rest of us listening to your moaning.

When you walk through a storm, hold your head up high and don't be afraid of the dark.

United has shown a lot more grits in than us in the last few months. They won against a strong Chelsea side and for me at least, there's higher chance of them beating City than us beating Southampton.
      The remaining fixture doesn't look difficult for City given their records against the mid-table sides.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #493: Apr 23, 2017 06:58:59 pm
      OK obviously bollocks and a sh*t game with only Coutinho playing well in attack, but if anyone had offered me 6 points out of 9 from  Stoke and West Brom away and Palace I would have bit their hand off. We still have a top4 place well within our grasp because barring some miracle there is no way that both Citeh and Utd will win all their remaining games but we need to get back on track and win the remaining games now.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #494: Apr 23, 2017 06:59:28 pm
      It's going to be sickening when the scum finish ahead of us.

Not going to happen
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #495: Apr 23, 2017 07:06:05 pm
      OK obviously bollocks and a sh*t game with only Coutinho playing well in attack, but if anyone had offered me 6 points out of 9 from  Stoke and West Brom away and Palace I would have bit their hand off. We still have a top4 place well within our grasp because barring some miracle there is no way that both Citeh and Utd will win all their remaining games but we need to get back on track and win the remaining games now.

Well doesn't that just show how dumbed down our expectations have fallen!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #496: Apr 23, 2017 07:08:35 pm
      Quote from lreland
      we be buying more b players when we miss out top playing in some Russia place never heard of in Europa league that top 4 gone next year anyteam in Europa you playing too many games who we going buy now if miss top 4

"Iceberg! Right Ahead!"
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #497: Apr 23, 2017 07:09:20 pm
      IN:

Nathan Redmond
      Michael Keane
      Zaha
      Jamie Ward-Prowse

OUT:

Coutinho

Why fight it? Why do it to yourself?

We're finishing fifth and making no ambitious signings and wasting another season wallowing in midtable.

I'd laugh at this, but you're so on the ball with this post as this is what will be the result of our summer business.

Go F***ing swivel FSG.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #498: Apr 23, 2017 07:12:05 pm
      IN:

Nathan Redmond
      Michael Keane
      Zaha
      Jamie Ward-Prowse

OUT:

Coutinho

Why fight it? Why do it to yourself?

We're finishing fifth and making no ambitious signings and wasting another season wallowing in midtable.

All while the usual suspects (ie the manager) gets the blame while those higher up him get away scot free.

Why fight it? Because it's our club and not theirs.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #499: Apr 23, 2017 07:13:25 pm
      He's not shown he's worthwhile as either a LB or a Winger though. You are just grasping at straws.

Do we have a better left wing than him at the moment? Let's be honest, we don't. Are we going to get one 35 mil winger soon? Fat chance. So, what choice do we have except trying to get him up to speed and become a better quality winger. Grasping at straws, whatever you call that I live in the real world and I ain't gonna fantasize that FSG will get us a world class winger soon.  FSG has consistently proven that they will buy only one 30+ mil player a season, that's it, no more.

I'm afraid to dissapoint you by saying you can expect to still see Moreno comes next season because FSG will not buy a world class winger and let's get used to seeing Moreno on the wings. I'm not a great fan of Moreno and neither am I an agent of Moreno but looking at the spending power of our great owners will tell us so much of what to expect.

Acres of space on the left wing and how many times did our players tried to get behind them? Hardly, and it's torturing to see that. When Cou was in possession everyone in front looked back and trying to guess what Cou will do next instead of trying to breach their defence on the wings. TAA came on and tried to do that, at least he tried.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #500: Apr 23, 2017 07:14:39 pm
      I'd laugh at this, but you're so on the ball with this post as this is what will be the result of our summer business.

Go f**king swivel FSG.
      A quick question, did you laugh at us when we signed Mane and Wijnaldum in the summer?

Wait for the summer to actually come, and perhaps even wait as to what we sign before starting the curse train.
      tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,244 posts | 229 
      Reply #501: Apr 23, 2017 07:14:44 pm
      hope we sell sturidge asap...when we need him, he is injured..
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #502: Apr 23, 2017 07:16:49 pm
      Seemingly another defensive b*lls up, becoming all too predictable this season.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #503: Apr 23, 2017 07:16:53 pm
      Well doesn't that just show how dumbed down our expectations have fallen!

Yeah Crystal Palace are a bit sh*t aren't they, I mean beating Chelsea away and Arsenal is a walk in the park for any team, plus everyone knows that Stoke and West Brom are a piece of piss to beat, especially away!!!
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #504: Apr 23, 2017 07:20:08 pm
      I'm depressed as F**k right now,I love this team so much, it hurts to play like this and lose. Shouldn't be losing to crystal palace at Anfield!
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #505: Apr 23, 2017 07:22:43 pm
      Do we have a better left wing than him at the moment? Let's be honest, we don't. Are we going to get one 35 mil winger soon? Fat chance. So, what choice do we have except trying to get him up to speed and become a better quality winger. Grasping at straws, whatever you call that I live in the real world and I ain't gonna fantasize that FSG will get us a world class winger soon.  FSG has consistently proven that they will buy only one 30+ mil player a season, that's it, no more.

I'm afraid to dissapoint you by saying you can expect to still see Moreno comes next season because FSG will not buy a world class winger and let's get used to seeing Moreno on the wings. I'm not a great fan of Moreno and neither am I an agent of Moreno but looking at the spending power of our great owners will tell us so much of what to expect.

Acres of space on the left wing and how many times did our players tried to get behind them? Hardly, and it's torturing to see that. When Cou was in possession everyone in front looked back and trying to guess what Cou will do next instead of trying to breach their defence on the wings. TAA came on and tried to do that, at least he tried.

Really can't argue your angle on Moreno, is there a hidden winger in him ? He's fast, and he has a pretty good left foot,  do you need to defend it and midfielder?, Yes of course you do, but not as dearly as a defender.

Quick Reply