Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Pre Match : West Ham v Liverpool : 14th May 14.15

Read 12767 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 2810 
      Re: Pre Match : West Ham v Liverpool : 14th May 14.15
      Reply #46: May 12, 2017 11:12:08 am
      https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/862972848029216769

Can, Gini, Lallana with Coutinho, Sturridge and Origi ahead of them then?
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #47: May 12, 2017 11:45:06 am
      Bilic won't want to park the bus on the last home game of the season and even if he did the extra width of the Olympic pitch still gives our flair players the extra space to operate.
      Great news for us is that Carroll and Antonio are out.

We will win this.
      Correct... They have finally got a atmosphere going at the Olympic Park, crowd will be up for it, Players too, buoyed by the Fans... Win will be a very  tough ask... I believe a draw is a realistic result to hope for, unfortunately not the result we need
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #48: May 12, 2017 11:46:41 am
      Think Sturridge will get a hattrick and then pull his hamstring.
      Mignolet will gift them a goal.
      3-1 to Liverpool.
      that would be a typical Sturridge  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #49: May 12, 2017 11:55:27 am
      Says a lot about this calendar year so far that all we need to do is beat two bottom half teams to secure a place in the Champions League and a chance to finally sign top choice players again, but yet I have so little faith in them to do it.

I referred to this group as chokers the other day, someone got a bit precious and told me that this bunch of chokers are likely to give us one of our 'top points totals' in the Premier League era... which serves only to highlight how f**king second-best we've become.

They need to win on Sunday, they need to win next week too.

This is largely the same group of players who put together a run of form to nearly get back into the Champions League spaces in 14/15 before rolling over for United and Arsenal in the space of a week. Largely the same group who rolled over for Villa in the FA Cup semi the same year. Largely the same group who lost the League Cup and the Europa League finals last year.

We've seen enough abject capitulations recently, show some f**king balls Liverpool and dig out two wins.

We need to do something, the last few games have been so poor. We need to show some verve and confidence, remember who we are and the sh*te we are playing against.

We need Klopp to show is learning some f**king lessons.

We need Origi not to be sh*t... if he plays.  We need Coutinho to step up when we need him. We need to stop gifting tap in chances to the opposition.

We need two f**king wins.

To surrender Champions League football, to this Arsenal team, from where we were on December 31st would be a genuine disaster and highlights last summers terrible business.

Christ, to surrender Champions League football, to this Arsenal team, based on where both teams on March 31st is even f**king worse!

My, aren't you optimistic this morning. We have yet to play mate. If we lose then you can rant away.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #50: May 12, 2017 12:09:39 pm
      Klopp and the players must know that ping-ponging the ball outside the opposition half without getting the ball into the  box and score is not going to win games. I doubt they do, week in week churning the same mundane stuffs. I bet after another poor game they will come up with another battle cry "we'll die to win the last game". 
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,396 posts | 3400 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #51: May 12, 2017 12:46:07 pm
      The more west ham players that are out the less confident i feel, strange i know.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,264 posts | 6367 
      Reply #52: May 12, 2017 12:50:22 pm
      Lucas and Firmino apparently a doubt now fitness wise. Not sure why playing 90 minutes means they can't be ready to play in a week. But Klopp did say that Lallana and Sturridge are both fit enough to start.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #53: May 12, 2017 01:12:58 pm
      A walk in the park. No need to train or prepare for this at all. Bring our B or C game, bottle it and we will still win it.

Confidence written all over our squad.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #54: May 12, 2017 04:38:40 pm
      A walk in the park. No need to train or prepare for this at all. Bring our B or C game, bottle it and we will still win it.

Confidence written all over our squad.

Hahaha. 6-1 to LFC.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,524 posts | 1661 
      • YNWA
      Reply #55: May 12, 2017 09:05:26 pm
                 Mignolet
      Clyne Lovren Matip Milner
               Can Lucas
      Lallana Coutinho Firmino
               Sturridge

Please don't go out with a F***ing whimper. Go out with intent.
      We haven't been playing well, imo Klopp's been too cautious.
      Usual pattern, us struggling to create, them sitting back. Don't expect this to be much diff even tho they're home.
      Would leave out either Gini or Lucas - stick Adam in the middle and we have extra creativity.
      Leave Origi on the bench, has given us nothing recently, Studge surely HAS to start.
      Any GO for it up front. We have players that can damage them.
      In saying that, think Cou hasn't been great last couple of games, off the boil, could do with him having better game.
      Would've had Moreno on for Milner for last home game, but not for away to WH.
      We really need to win, we've been turgid at home and the last game could be even more nervy on back of a loss/draw. So win this.
      Grujic was OK when he came on last week, maybe he's close to starting, only Jürgen knows that.

If we play same ol same ol way, with Gini/Lucas/Can, not showing that extra intent, I'd expect another ropey day out - Klopp needs to do SOMETHING a bit F***ing different, show a confidence to go out an perform, to win.
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,526 posts | 719 
      Reply #56: May 12, 2017 09:53:39 pm

A team that is 12th in the table.
      A team that is 19th and gone gone gone.

It could be much harder but it isn't.
      If we cant beat them ...  how on Earth are we going to play  teams like Juventus ?

People are cynical, cause we know we can't beat sh*t teams.

Motivating our players to beat Juve is less of a problem
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #57: May 13, 2017 09:15:32 am
      I'm going to miss this match tomorrow, due to a first communion, and I'm not even religious!  Bloody Catholics and their ways! 😁
      Hopefully I can get out of it, otherwise I'll have to try and avoid the result until watching MOTD that night.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,921 posts | 4987 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #58: May 13, 2017 09:59:24 am
      I'm going to miss this match tomorrow, due to a first communion, and I'm not even religious!  Bloody Catholics and their ways! 😁
      Hopefully I can get out of it, otherwise I'll have to try and avoid the result until watching MOTD that night.

Why don't you just go to second communion mate, you won't be missing the first just delaying it,
      I'm sure jesus will forgive you,

he was a great keeper yanno 😁😁

YNWA
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #59: May 13, 2017 10:13:31 am
      Why don't you just go to second communion mate, you won't be missing the first just delaying it,
      I'm sure jesus will forgive you,

he was a great keeper yanno 😁😁

YNWA

If there was such a thing as a second communion, I wouldn't want to go to it either, church's and me don't get along, time its too precious to waste sitting talking to magic folk! 😁

Jesus saves, but Aldridge scores on the rebound 👍
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,396 posts | 3400 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #60: May 13, 2017 11:00:26 am
      If there was such a thing as a second communion, I wouldn't want to go to it either, church's and me don't get along, time its too precious to waste sitting talking to magic folk! 😁

Jesus saves, but Aldridge scores on the rebound 👍

Hopefully if jesus saves this lunchtime then he will get a straight red and Leicester score the penalty
      Jimsouse67

• 9,439 posts | 1465 
      Reply #61: May 13, 2017 11:11:39 am
      Not the religious type myself,but my mate is so I think  I'll be knocking round at his just before kick off for a loan of his prayer mat.
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #62: May 13, 2017 12:48:10 pm
      we need start with more urgency, start with the best team available - that means starting Lallana and dropping Origi.

i would keep Sturry on the bench and start

Mignolet

Clyne
      Matip
      Lovren
      Milner

Lucas
      Gini
      Can/Lallana

Lallana/Can
      Courtinho
      Firmino

think dropping lallana into the midfield 3 allows for us to have a link man between midfield and the top 3....and when we have started Sturry up top our momentum suffers and Firmino has gone missing

I would change and bring sturry on at Half time if we are loosing or drawing

just desperate for the 3 points
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #63: May 13, 2017 03:39:22 pm

Don't have to go tomorrow, get to watch the match 🙌 In your face Jesus! 😁
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,610 posts | 3915 
      Reply #64: May 13, 2017 04:28:39 pm
      Not confident at all. My wife's family are all West Ham season ticket holders and they're pumped for their final home game. Making me so F***ing nervous.

Our recent record against them is shocking. It's now time for Klopp and his team to earn their F***ing money.

All I want to see tomorrow is desire and urgency to win, the rest will take care of itself.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #65: May 13, 2017 05:25:29 pm
      Don't have to go tomorrow, get to watch the match 🙌 In your face Jesus! 😁

Look mate, Jesus has just returned from injury to the Shitty squad. Give him break mate. ;)
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,345 posts | 1620 
      Reply #66: May 13, 2017 05:27:21 pm
      Not the religious type myself,but my mate is so I think  I'll be knocking round at his just before kick off for a loan of his prayer mat.
      Say one for us all buddy think we're going to need one .
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,484 posts | 231 
      Reply #67: May 13, 2017 05:34:37 pm
      Hopefully if jesus saves this lunchtime then he will get a straight red and Leicester score the penalty

Opposite happened in the game today. Jesus scored, but Leicester missed the penalty :o
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #68: May 13, 2017 06:12:14 pm
      Look mate, Jesus has just returned from injury to the Shitty squad. Give him break mate. ;)

They have two Jesus. ;)

Quick Reply