Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v West Ham?

Simon Mignolet
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      1 (0.9%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Emre Can
      1 (0.9%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      90 (76.9%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Daniel Sturridge
      24 (20.5%)
      Marko Grujić
      1 (0.9%)
      Lucas Leiva
      0 (0%)
      Ben Woodburn
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 111

Voting closed: May 18, 2017 04:09:34 pm

West Ham United 0-4 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 30460 times
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Re: West Ham United 0-4 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #506: May 15, 2017 09:55:00 am
      Benteke up front! your as bad as DanMan with his conspiracy theories around Sturridge.

Conspiracy theory? Nah, that's what you call it.

I'm just telling you what you cannot see. It's factual. Not conspiracy.  ;D
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #507: May 15, 2017 09:57:43 am
      No Bobby Firmino in the MOM poll?
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #508: May 15, 2017 10:16:06 am
      Fantastic win and should of been more.

Coutinho playing deeper was a masterstroke. Trying to think of a better CM performance since Stevie and coming up short.

One more game ladies and gents and we are back in our competition.  :aaliverpool2xt1:
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #509: May 15, 2017 10:42:36 am

Or you could be right either way we've been needing goals and Origi hasnt been the answer , one more win and we will have all summer to think about it heres hoping eh.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #510: May 15, 2017 11:21:22 am
      Fantastic effort from all the lads out their last night.

That first 5 minutes of the 2nd half brought back memories of the first half of the Season where we we just having shot after shot.

Peppered their goal and you could feel that 2nd one was only matter of time. Then the 3rd and 4th came along as well, sent me into delirium.

Come on you lads, don't take the foot of the gas. Come out roaring against Boro, don't give them a sniff!!!!
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #511: May 15, 2017 11:29:31 am
      That Coutinho and Sturridge play for the first goal reminded me of the times we had Torres, Suarez or an in-form Sturridge. Amazing result, would like to thank West Ham for their part in this win. Can't wait to be back in CL.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #512: May 15, 2017 01:13:15 pm
      I'm going on the evidence mate.

And I'm not buying for one minute that Sturridge was only able to miraculously start yesterday due to his fitness level, that coincided with an injury to Firmino.  :D

I'm not saying he doesn't know what he's doing, inflexible, stubborn yes. Not that he doesn't know what he's doing. All his guardians on here have been saying all season long how Sturridge doesn't fit into his system. What with running around a lot, and defending from the front being en vogue, and scoring falling beneath these requirements he demands in his strikers.

Like I said, the evidence seems to contradict what you say really.

No worries though, we won. Pretty emphatically too, and I'm not going to take anything away from the boys by implying West Ham were sh*t. I'll credit Jürgen (playing Couts deeper) and the boys for making West Ham look sh*t.

I think though mate the game yesterday suited Studge. We were away against a team we don't have a great record, so we didn't expect them to park the bus. Some people are saying they parked the bus, I didn't think so, they held a high line mostly, which gave space for Studge to make a lot of runs. I've seen him come on in games against teams literally parking the bus and he's been ineffectual.

Game plan yesterday really suited us though. Having the pace of Studge and Origi along with the movement of Lallana allowed Couts to sit deeper and pick his passes. Not sure that tactic would have worked against Crystal Palace at home for example.

Not complaining, just saying Jürgen got his team selection and strategy spot on yesterday, and boy did we miss the ruthlessness of Studge. I don't think we should have a one size fits all approach to games, it's just very tricky to balance consistency in team selection with variety of line ups to suit different games.

Anyway, was an outstanding performance yesterday, we could have had 6 or 7. I  was saying to a mate before the game how we needed to step up to the challenge otherwise I'd have no complaints about not making CL because we wouldn't deserve it. The boys stepped up, the gaffer stepped up and I'm proud the lads. I like the fact that apparently the first thing most of the players said when they got back into changing rooms after the game was "1 more game" - I like that, not dwelling on 1 success but focusing on the next one.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #513: May 15, 2017 01:16:47 pm
      Brilliant win yesterday.

Played some good stuff scored some nice goals.

Sign of with a home win this weekend and its a decent season.

Already better by miles in terms of league than last season, cant finish any lower than 5th and that's with lots of 1st team players injured for long periods this season.
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #514: May 15, 2017 01:35:20 pm
      Great result yesterday...having watched the replay of the match again, i have to say though that West Ham were exceptionally poor. Just looking back at that first 20 mins and we had no urgency in our play, they didnt press us, yet after the goal, at their very first attack and set piece they nearly equalised. We were allowed all the space and time to play yesterday and thankfully we had Coutinho as playmaker and 2 strikers to pass the ball to. I felt dissapointed by the contributions of our 2 wingbacks together with Gini...i felt they could have played alot better.
      I just hope Boro play with the same lack of intensity and gives us space so that we can get over the line coz in reality the Hammers were poor.
      Hopefully this result inspires the team to end the season on a high note. JK should play exactly the same team line-up for the last game as they offer the biggest goal threat.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #515: May 15, 2017 02:52:15 pm
      Well according to Klopp after the game that's exactly it, even the best players in the world need to train. If Daniel is fit and ready he plays, it's not Firmino vs Sturridge as both should be on the pitch. Do you honestly think that Klopp when faced with a fully fit Sturridge thinks "Nah I'll put Origi on" cause I don't. Anyway like you say we won and we still have to stand up and be counted for the last game cause we are going to need the 3 points.

Don't waste your time on the fat weapon he will twist it and turn it how he likes to pursue his agenda.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #516: May 15, 2017 04:07:57 pm
      Keep preaching mate. One day they may listen.. but don't give up. Keep saying it like it is.

Here was Klopp only 10 days before yesterday's game:

Next game he's on the bench. Just as Klopp explained how he sees Sturridge to be. Then the game after, Firmino is injured... and suddenly... by no coincidence.. Sturridge is in the starting line up.

Come on. Who seriously doesn't see it that Klopp would have had Sturridge on the bench again with a fit Firmino? Origi has been preferred ahead of Sturridge for some time.

It was a forced change, and hopefully, Sturridge has forced his way back into the team.

Who F***ing cares, as long as we won and got three points ;)
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #517: May 15, 2017 05:58:01 pm
      I'm going on the evidence mate.

And I'm not buying for one minute that Sturridge was only able to miraculously start yesterday due to his fitness level, that coincided with an injury to Firmino.  :D

I'm not saying he doesn't know what he's doing, inflexible, stubborn yes. Not that he doesn't know what he's doing. All his guardians on here have been saying all season long how Sturridge doesn't fit into his system. What with running around a lot, and defending from the front being en vogue, and scoring falling beneath these requirements he demands in his strikers.

Like I said, the evidence seems to contradict what you say really.

No worries though, we won. Pretty emphatically too, and I'm not going to take anything away from the boys by implying West Ham were sh*t. I'll credit Jürgen (playing Couts deeper) and the boys for making West Ham look sh*t.

Danny has done all he can do, put in a top performance and shown what he's capable of. Now he needs to keep doing it (for the whole 1 game left :D ).

It does baffle me as to why he isn't selected more often (when fit) because he is far and away one of the best strikers in the league imo.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #518: May 15, 2017 06:04:16 pm
      No Bobby Firmino in the MOM poll?

Or klavan
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #519: May 15, 2017 08:39:07 pm
      Woke up yesterday morning feeling very nervous after watching Man city and Arsenal brush aside their games and gaining ground.
      How sweet it was to see a cool and clinical performance from the men in hi-viz !
      Nice width on that pitch helped a lot, just wish Clyne and Milner could've exploited it more..not direct enough for me.haven't been all season.
      West Ham were so bad in that second half it was like playing a training match..

We really should've battered them about 8-0 the amount of chances we had !

Maybe a bit of luck with the penalty appeal which led to our third but Mignolet would have saved it anyway ;D

Just gotta rest up, a few light work outs in the gym,ps4,xbox,scientific food, stay fit and focused then put another four past Middlesborough next weekend..

It's gonna be like a cup final next week at Anfield..bring it on!
       :scarf:

DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #520: May 15, 2017 10:17:09 pm
      Who f**king cares, as long as we won and got three points ;)

Just moaning the point in hope that Jürgen will read it and action my considerations so we can get more points in the future!  :f_whistle:
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #521: May 15, 2017 11:28:31 pm
      And thanks again to  Andre Ayew for carefully aiming for the post twice,always thought he was a red!!
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #522: May 16, 2017 03:17:20 am
      Danny has done all he can do, put in a top performance and shown what he's capable of. Now he needs to keep doing it (for the whole 1 game left :D ).

It does baffle me as to why he isn't selected more often (when fit) because he is far and away one of the best strikers in the league imo.

The issue is that most of the season he has been either injured or not fit. When fit, Sturridge starts; contrary to belief he is a Klopp kind of player. His issue is that he is not reliable and thus it is impossible for a manager to build an attack system around him.
      Issue is not Klopp...
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #523: May 16, 2017 12:04:41 pm
      Finally saw the replay, not a bad performance to be honest, although Origi still looks like a wild donkey out there. He was completely useless. even his goal was a bit of a mistake, the ball would have went in off of anyone. You'd think playing with Danny, he's start to understand what he needs to do to become a top striker.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #524: May 16, 2017 01:12:39 pm
      Blitzed them .

Nice .
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #525: May 16, 2017 01:19:27 pm
      Good post, but I don't agree that Klopp was "forced" into selecting Studge, I think he would play him every game if he was fit, no doubt in my mind.

this.

If Studger can stay fit for a few months he would be starting, but its only weeks he stays fit for.

Let's hope he stays fit thru the summer and then into pre-season, could be like having a new player, add Ings and another pacey winger like Mane for the left side, and we will be looking much better up top.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #526: May 16, 2017 01:33:45 pm

Let's hope he stays fit thru the summer

Tuesday 13th June
      Friendly
      France v England

Guaranteed he will pick up an injury.

Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 844 posts | 235 
      Reply #527: May 16, 2017 05:22:19 pm
      Finally saw the replay, not a bad performance to be honest, although Origi still looks like a wild donkey out there. He was completely useless. even his goal was a bit of a mistake, the ball would have went in off of anyone. You'd think playing with Danny, he's start to understand what he needs to do to become a top striker.

Match of the day didn't show the lack of a telling pass from Origi, when both he and Dan were both through. Shows the difference in the state of his mind compared to Studge.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,028 posts | 332 
      Reply #528: May 17, 2017 07:01:06 pm
      Tuesday 13th June
      Friendly
      France v England

Guaranteed he will pick up an injury.

In the hands of that bunch of amateurs, for sure, not to mention Lallana. 

Quick Reply