Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D7 L8

PL 2016-17 Good season/Bad Season

Read 2661 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,625 posts | 6933 
      PL 2016-17 Good season/Bad Season
      May 22, 2017 10:02:10 am
      Did well

Paul Clement
      Eddie Howe
      (hate to say it) Fat Sam
      Sean Dyche

Did sh*te

Alan Pardew (again)
      "The Chosen One" (again)
      Bob Bradley
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,955 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: PL 2016-17 Good season/Bad Season
      Reply #1: May 22, 2017 11:24:39 am
      Good question. Because you won yesterday probably most will say good season. If you'd of lost the majority more than likely say bad season. My question is should you base your opinion on 90 mins of football?? .. My answer would be no. It's based throughout the season.

Finishing 4th with no trophies has to go down as a disappointing season for Liverpool FC.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,906 posts | 818 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #2: May 22, 2017 11:28:47 am
      Good question. Because you won yesterday probably most will say good season. If you'd of lost the majority more than likely say bad season. My question is should you base your opinion on 90 mins of football?? .. My answer would be no. It's based throughout the season.

Finishing 4th with no trophies has to go down as a disappointing season for Liverpool FC.

You can only compare to the previous season when looking forward and from last season we have come a long way. Yes we might not have won any trophies but we're not saying it was an amazing season, just a good one. Good finishing fourth and disappointing being finishing sixth.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #3: May 22, 2017 11:57:56 am

I only see progression, no disappointments here, a league/fa cup double wouldn't really help with recruitment if we finished 6th, we can't/won't offer the wages of Chelsea/City/UTD so we need that little something extra and we've got it, its a spring board to progress further and win Trophies providing we take our chance and use it wisely.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #4: May 22, 2017 12:18:35 pm

Yeah, that's where the other 73 points came from Keith... The rest of the season...

I get your point the result on the weekend went along way to deciding how we view our season, but so did the other 37 games. I think others in the Kop thread summed it up best: not success but progress.

Agree with your assessment JD though I'd grudgingly put Conte in the did well category. Yes he had a squad which dramatically underperformed last year and is obviously full of talent, but the way he got them playing his system so effectively was impressive.

Oh and how can you forget Gollum in the "Did sh*te" category ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,955 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #5: May 22, 2017 06:56:34 pm
      I only see progression, no disappointments here, a league/fa cup double wouldn't really help with recruitment if we finished 6th, we can't/won't offer the wages of Chelsea/City/UTD so we need that little something extra and we've got it, its a spring board to progress further and win Trophies providing we take our chance and use it wisely.

I'll go along with your spring board thoughts  Daz buts that's about it. Ultimately it now depends on the summer transfer window. As we both know being in the CL should bring some decent players to your club. Fail in the transfer window and not only will it go pear shape in the CL it will be very detrimental for your Premiership chances.

This season you've had no hindrance just getting into the top 4 based on the fact Liverpool did poor in cup competitions. Obviously that won't happen next year due to the Champions league or Europa Cup.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #6: May 22, 2017 07:04:01 pm
      4th is a good season. It means we can attract the players to win trophies.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,955 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #7: May 22, 2017 07:23:00 pm
      4th is a good season. It means we can attract the players to win trophies.

I did say that Rib  ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8544 
      Reply #8: May 24, 2017 01:32:18 pm
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #9: May 24, 2017 05:31:04 pm
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,211 posts | 4912 
      Reply #10: May 24, 2017 10:14:56 pm

Turns out he tweeted 4 days ago that he'd be leaving when his contract runs out.

Seems like he's looking a bit of sympathy and coverage.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8544 
      Reply #11: May 24, 2017 10:40:47 pm
      Turns out he tweeted 4 days ago that he'd be leaving when his contract runs out.

Seems like he's looking a bit of sympathy and coverage.

Haha fair enough!!

Not surprised though, he is a bit sh*t like, probably end up at Villa with his arl-fella again!

Quick Reply