Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 18th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Call Of Duty 4

Read 17143 times
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Call Of Duty 4
      Reply #23: Nov 14, 2007 01:11:49 am
      These people that get the three red lights are not unlucky, they just brought it on themselves. I've had my console for 8 months now and not a single problem with it - why? Because I don't over play it like a lot of other people would. I play the 360 about 2 hours a week, didn't play it today - prob not 2morro either as I'll be tired after work.. probably I'll play it on a sunday.

Thing is when you play the console, don't play it solid as that'll screw the machine up.. it'll wear out. Some games are so good that people play these like 5 hours solid.. I seriously don't know how they do that as I can't even play it 1 hour solid even if its the best game going!

That first sentence is hilarious!  :D Yeah, things don't break if you don't use them do they mate.  ;)
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #24: Nov 14, 2007 09:30:49 am
      <insert chicken noises here> ;)

You've got a bit of a lead on me but I will claw it back.  Much harder than COD3 - but getting the hang of it slowly but surely.

That deserves a couple of head shots and maybe one or two stabbings!!

And that 'intro' after you escape off the ship in one player is superb.

Yeah the whole single game looks superb and the cut sceans are amazings..... Its just so addictive tho on MP

DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #25: Nov 14, 2007 11:59:57 am
      I have been reading this thread with interest just a shame I don't own a PS3..yet!

You may or may not know that COD4 has a MMO element to the game...now I'm a big fan of MMO's & a reader on my blog happened to mention this about COD4's MMO element on a comment...I'll quote it here for you:

From this post on Sweet Flag blog: http://sweetflag.wordpress.com/2007/11/10/thoughts-on-tabula-rasa/

Lance Says:
      November 13th, 2007 at 1:23 pm

As far as COD4 goes according to the EGM podcast the MMO aspect is essentially the same as any other MMO when you level or the such you get skill points to add to wherever you want. Also upon reaching the top tier with your Character you are given the option to start that character from scratch and you are given a chevron that is attached to your gamertag or character name whichever it may be that tells everyone else hey i am soo 1337 that i have flip this beeatch and started from the beginning so watch your behind

Any of you guys tried it out?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,675 posts | 6971 
      Reply #26: Nov 16, 2007 09:17:16 pm
      Not on the top tier yet DM.  I'm on level 12 after about 5 hours play.  I think Priesty is on about 27 on about ?15 hours play.  Think it goes up to 60 (how very Warcraft of it!)

It really is a cracking game.  If you really suss the maps out - get a good team together of friends - and get your mics hooked up - it could be a completely different amazing game.

On the single player mission the cut scene of escaping in a helicopter from a nuclear explosion, followed by the in-game experience of stumbling out your helicopter on to the wasteland is a gaming miracle.  I'm not a big one for over-dramatising games.  I can't speak for any other version (although I have heard the PC is excellent) but this truly is an astonishing game.

(Oh and Priesty - my 'clan' tag is, of course, LFC)
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      Reply #27: Nov 17, 2007 10:43:28 am
      Not on the top tier yet DM.  I'm on level 12 after about 5 hours play.  I think Priesty is on about 27 on about ?15 hours play.  Think it goes up to 60 (how very Warcraft of it!)

It really is a cracking game.  If you really suss the maps out - get a good team together of friends - and get your mics hooked up - it could be a completely different amazing game.

On the single player mission the cut scene of escaping in a helicopter from a nuclear explosion, followed by the in-game experience of stumbling out your helicopter on to the wasteland is a gaming miracle.  I'm not a big one for over-dramatising games.  I can't speak for any other version (although I have heard the PC is excellent) but this truly is an astonishing game.

(Oh and Priesty - my 'clan' tag is, of course, LFC)

Im level 29 now I think (i'm not very good tho!) played for 23hrs I think :)

It is excellent, I completed single player om Thursday very cool with a very good story

JD I SWEAR i'm not avoiding you!! tried to join again last night but had server error then another one saying unable to connect to host!!

In the PS3 forum I go onto there are about 20+ of us with it so we do have private games with us all in ground war and it is brilliant, its so fast paced with people/explosions everywhere and no where to hide!

Were just about to start a CoD leage aswell which should be pretty cool! :)

JD you really should join us as there is always people to play with and its good as it keeps the young Americans who shout abuse at everyone else at bay :)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,675 posts | 6971 
      Reply #28: Nov 18, 2007 10:18:27 pm
      Not been on much this weekend due to visitors invading my home.

You're disappearing over the horizon but I am confident that I will catch you up! And I look forward to the day you finally grow a pair and face me! ;)

I quite like the smaller group missions (Team Tactical) but the massive free for all's are also great fun.
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      Reply #29: Nov 19, 2007 10:49:50 am
      Give you a little tip JD, If you play Headquarters you can normally get 250+ points per game!!

Admittedly its not the best game but for points and ranking up I think its the best, I've only recently started playing this but I've ranked up 2levels pretty fast! :)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,675 posts | 6971 
      Reply #30: Nov 19, 2007 07:55:24 pm
      This is sometimes the problem with these online games - I noticed it on Warcraft.

At the start people are more interested in 'levelling up' (as I am too) and less interested in the actual 'game'.  Hopefully when we're all at the top the real teamwork etc can start coming to the fore.

That's why I like the 3 men a side missions.
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #31: Nov 19, 2007 09:43:47 pm
      Players racing to end level is symptomatic of most games & it is usually at the expense of the social element. COD4 looks tempting as it's out on PC too...maybe after Christmas ;)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,675 posts | 6971 
      Reply #32: Nov 19, 2007 11:57:46 pm
      I didn't really mean Warcraft - a typo - I was referring to Warhawk.  I must admit Warcraft levelling up does involve challenges and guides you through the game very well. 
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #33: Nov 26, 2007 09:51:28 pm
      Played it in me mates the other day on the 360! I think it's a boss show off game, it's that good looking! ;D

After being amazed by the graphics I got a go of it and it's out of this world! I've played the old Call of Duty games but this is much better! Another one on me list ;) hehe 
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #34: Nov 26, 2007 10:57:14 pm
      Played the demo on PC and it seems great. i love how you feel part of a larger scale battle, and part of a squad that you don't actually control, whilst still packing alot of firepower. It's not like your a walking tank, you still feel like you wouldn't survive without your clever teammates, but you can still take down wave after wave of those damn 'terrorists'.

Looking forward to buying it on PS3 when (*Hopefully*) I get the console at xmas.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #35: Nov 27, 2007 12:25:40 am
      Played the demo on PC and it seems great. I love how you feel part of a larger scale battle, and part of a squad that you don't actually control, whilst still packing alot of firepower. It's not like your a walking tank, you still feel like you wouldn't survive without your clever teammates, but you can still take down wave after wave of those damn 'terrorists'.

Looking forward to buying it on PS3 when (*Hopefully*) I get the console at xmas.

I definitley recommend it! I found myself screaming obscenities as I charged terrorists, foolishly in most cases! Gets you in the mood and they're the type of games worth buying! Such as FIFA or Bioshock for the 360!
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #36: Nov 27, 2007 10:48:48 pm
      That first sentence is hilarious!  :D Yeah, things don't break if you don't use them do they mate.  ;)

I only ever play my 360 about 3-4 hours a week though?
      stellaakasugar
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #37: Dec 07, 2007 11:10:44 pm
      Thinking of getting it for me fella for xmas for his ps3, just waiting to find one abit cheaper though!

know anywhere that does it cheaper? i hate paying full price for anything!

Got him Juiced 2 and Prostreet so far, best get another controller too so i get to have ago! :D

He's on it for hours most nights, but mainly on fifa and fight night round 3 at the mo!

Anyone got any idea why there not selling the 60gb PS3's anymore?
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #38: Dec 09, 2007 05:33:34 pm
      Have you guys got it on xbox360??
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,675 posts | 6971 
      Reply #39: Dec 09, 2007 07:22:43 pm
      Anyone got any idea why there not selling the 60gb PS3's anymore?

Stopped making them.  The new cheaper ones don't play the PS2 games.  If anyone wants to give me a ridiculously priced figure for my 60Gb one then I will listen to offers.
      stellaakasugar
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #40: Dec 10, 2007 08:30:08 am
      Stopped making them.  The new cheaper ones don't play the PS2 games.  If anyone wants to give me a ridiculously priced figure for my 60Gb one then I will listen to offers.

Thanks JD, i had a feeling it was that.
      I will price match any silly offers for me fells's 60gb one aswell!  ;D
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #41: Dec 10, 2007 11:19:05 am
      Just ordered this for my PC...are there any PC players of CoD4 on the forum?
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #42: Dec 10, 2007 04:44:27 pm
      Just ordered this for my PC...are there any PC players of CoD4 on the forum?

I don't play it on the PC but me mates Dad had it on his the other day, looked quite good!

I had me mates X-Box 360 the other night and wellied Call of Duty after I kept getting beat on FIFA! What a fantastic game! 8) I'll probably just complete the 360 version and leave getting it on my PS3, get another game instead! ;)
      DM Osbon
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,505 posts | 13 
      Reply #43: Dec 13, 2007 06:12:43 pm
      Just got the game this AM...shame multiplayer isn't cross platform supported...shame because I can't kick you so called egg box gamers all around the Ukraine! ;D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,675 posts | 6971 
      Reply #44: Dec 14, 2007 06:55:52 am
      It is a shame these online games aren't multi-platform.  As it is I am already about 170,000 in the world (I assume just PS3 world) so in another respect maybe it's a good job!

Let me know what you think of it on the PC and whether it requires a high spec machine or not.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #45: Jan 17, 2008 01:03:20 am
      multiplayer offline sucks, you can't add any bots to the game.. just one on one, this aint right!

Quick Reply