Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 13th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W7 D4 L5

Naby Keita - RB Leipzig

Read 195451 times
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,231 posts | 1223 
      Re: Neiby Keita - RB Leipzig
      Reply #230: Jun 26, 2017 06:09:42 pm
      unproven?

He's been a standout performer for Leipzeg last season and one of the best players to ever grace the Bundasliga.

He is an immense talent, we should pay whatever fee they are asking.

He does look immense. Like Kanté but better.
      newguy
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 178 posts |
      Reply #231: Jun 26, 2017 06:39:40 pm
      Anyone here with a report or an article about Keita, his style, strengths and weaknesses, etc.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,620 posts | 2159 
      Reply #232: Jun 26, 2017 06:40:24 pm
      This tends to be the first thread I go into when I logon, it's my filter to the various rumours swirling around on the players the club might be interested in. But the thread is all the poorer for the amount of squabbling that has been taking place over the last few weeks. We don't half to defend our viewpoints quite so personally, we don't really need to be snide, to chivvy others, or set bait & wait for the reaction(s) of others.

Just read that back and it sounds bloody condescending but it's true! This thread's been a bloody nightmare and it's the only one with much happening in it at the moment.

As for the transfer market, I've been an FSG critic for a long time now but the prices being asked do seem to have gone up by a ridiculous amount. Seems like the average transfer (or the amount being asked by the selling club) has gone up by 50-60%. It's bonkers.

Bit like when they put Freddos up in price. It's always 5p frickin pence at a time the bast....ards! 30p for a Freddo when they were only 25p this time last month.
      newguy
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 178 posts |
      Reply #233: Jun 26, 2017 06:41:28 pm
      140 for veratti and bonucci then we're talikng, and yes la liga is better than both.keita better than vidal ?

The differnce, sadly, is Verratti and Bonucci are not coming even if we splash the cash.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,466 posts | 3430 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #234: Jun 26, 2017 06:42:03 pm
      This tends to be the first thread I go into when I logon, it's my filter to the various rumours swirling around on the players the club might be interested in. But the thread is all the poorer for the amount of squabbling that has been taking place over the last few weeks. We don't half to defend our viewpoints quite so personally, we don't really need to be snide, to chivvy others, or set bait & wait for the reaction(s) of others.

Just read that back and it sounds bloody condescending but it's true! This thread's been a bloody nightmare and it's the only one with much happening in it at the moment.

As for the transfer market, I've been an FSG critic for a long time now but the prices being asked do seem to have gone up by a ridiculous amount. Seems like the average transfer (or the amount being asked by the selling club) has gone up by 50-60%. It's bonkers.

Bit like when they put Freddos up in price. It's always 5p frickin pence at a time the bast....ards! 30p for a Freddo when they were only 25p this time last month.

Young people and freddos, obsessed
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #235: Jun 26, 2017 06:56:08 pm
      He does look immense. Like Kanté but better.

Tried to explain this when people first enquired about him, to the point some thought "too good to be true". I rate both lads very highly so wouldn't want to say which one is better out of the two but he's the only player around that could possibly compete against him in terms of running, the good thing with Keita though is that he does plenty of his running with the ball also which I don't see from Kante as much.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,961 posts | 5018 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #236: Jun 26, 2017 07:05:18 pm
      Mate, stop talking out of your waste disposal unit, its attitudes like yours that will keep us in the land of mediocrity, to keep up with the Jones's of this world we need to spend the kind of money that the Jones's spent buying their titles,

In case it has escaped your notice we are for the first time in f***in years IN the CL and therefore dining at the top table, so not spending the high millions will result in total failure and most probably resign us to below 5th in the league, i mean ff's even the blueshite are f***in spending,

so Messers, Van Dijk, Keita, Mbappe, Salah, etc etc, will be worth every single f***in penny if it means they keep us in and amongst the Jones's and perhaps get ahead of them, bring about some tin and who f***in knows maybe even no 19,

Are Messers, Van Dijk, Keita, Mbappe, Salah, etc etc, proven world class players, well no, not yet but who says they can't or won't become world class , but i'll tell you what, i'd prefer that they be part of our club, playing with the Liverbird on their collective chests playing, winning, losing under Jürgen Klopp in front of our fantastic fans , rather than having to see them playing against us ,

If signing players such as those above means we sustain regular attempts at the EPL title, and regular trips in the CL, who's gonna give a flying F**k how much it costs, isn't this what we've all been striving for years FF's,

it is a mad f***in world we're in, spending mad amounts of money, why should we be any different, its not ideal but to succeed and be competitive we need to spend what is required.

YNWA
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #237: Jun 26, 2017 07:21:11 pm
      How exactly are either of them unproven? They've both been the best players at their position in the two best leagues in the world this past year. It's a sad day when our own "supporters" balk at signing proven quality because they are worried about how much money we are spending.

Yet if we don't spend anything then they are among the first to complain.

This summer has gone to a new level for transfer fees, I mean Pickford for example...30mill?!

I don't know much about Keita so I can't really comment how much I think we should spend on him but by the sounds of it he is pretty boss.
      We want proven players with quality, quality that can help us have a real chance of competing and that doesn't always come cheap, no matter how much everyone would live to pick up a another Coutinho bargain.

It is what it is, 50mill is the new 30mill.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,466 posts | 3430 
      Reply #238: Jun 26, 2017 07:28:58 pm
      Mate, stop talking out of your waste disposal unit, its attitudes like yours that will keep us in the land of mediocrity, to keep up with the Jones's of this world we need to spend the kind of money that the Jones's spent buying their titles,

In case it has escaped your notice we are for the first time in f***in years IN the CL and therefore dining at the top table, so not spending the high millions will result in total failure and most probably resign us to below 5th in the league, i mean ff's even the blueshite are f***in spending,

so Messers, Van Dijk, Keita, Mbappe, Salah, etc etc, will be worth every single f***in penny if it means they keep us in and amongst the Jones's and perhaps get ahead of them, bring about some tin and who f***in knows maybe even no 19,

Are Messers, Van Dijk, Keita, Mbappe, Salah, etc etc, proven world class players, well no, not yet but who says they can't or won't become world class , but i'll tell you what, i'd prefer that they be part of our club, playing with the Liverbird on their collective chests playing, winning, losing under Jürgen Klopp in front of our fantastic fans , rather than having to see them playing against us ,

If signing players such as those above means we sustain regular attempts at the EPL title, and regular trips in the CL, who's gonna give a flying f**k how much it costs, isn't this what we've all been striving for years FF's,

it is a mad f***in world we're in, spending mad amounts of money, why should we be any different, its not ideal but to succeed and be competitive we need to spend what is required.

YNWA

I asiume that is aimed at me, i am not opposed to spending money but some people are carrying g on like keita and. Vvd are the second coming. Both would improve the team and have the ability to get much better but the debate wss about proven talent and neither has done it at the highest level for a period of time, that may change but the level of hype about both is utterly ridiculous. How is pointing that out being unambitious ? I hope we sign the players Jürgen wants, his judgment is good enough for me just not having utter nonsense spouted about best ever tags.
      « Last Edit: Jun 26, 2017 07:36:15 pm by FATKOPITE10 »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #239: Jun 26, 2017 07:31:35 pm
      No doubt about it £70M is a huge amount without backing from the oil cartel or stolen Russian money.

However if the club thinks we are going to recoup £100M in sales then that's the Keita fee paid with some still left over.
      Add in F**k all spent over the last 3 Windows.

All comes down to if the scars of the Andy Carroll deal have healed for FSG.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #240: Jun 26, 2017 07:32:53 pm
      I asiume that is aimed at me, i am not opposed to spending money but some people are carrying g on like keita and. Vvd are the second coming. Both would improve the team and have the ability to get much better but the debate wss about proven talent and neither has done it at the highest level , that may change but the level of hype about both is utterly ridiculous. How is pointing that out being unambitious ?

I think people are just getting excited at the thought of Klopp getting his first choices.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,382 posts | 6404 
      Reply #241: Jun 26, 2017 07:39:30 pm
      Not having a coronary, just amazes me how much sh*t is spouted on this thread. As for la liga being a 3 orv4 team league i would suggest looking at the Bundedliga table. I suggest you are the one should concentrate on football

They show Bundesliga games over here in the states now. I've watched a lot of their games, it's a very tough league top to bottom. Good football being played and the bottom of the table just like in the EPL will sometimes surprise the better teams.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,199 posts | 4408 
      Reply #242: Jun 26, 2017 07:55:10 pm
      Would be interesting to put up a poll if we're to spend £70M on one player would it be VVD or Keita.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,565 posts | 1670 
      • YNWA
      Reply #243: Jun 26, 2017 08:15:53 pm
      Would be interesting to put up a poll if we're to spend £70M on one player would it be VVD or Keita.

I'd be looking at a striker or a left full BEFORE either position ;)

Picking just between 2 players for argument - think we could do with strengthening the defense side of things more than growing our attacking midfield options - so VVD unless we planned to play Keita in a holding role, if that's case, would go with Keita.  Naby sounds tho like a really top player.

Not sure if that makes any sense. Just passing the time :)
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,466 posts | 3430 
      Reply #244: Jun 26, 2017 08:16:03 pm
      I think people are just getting excited at the thought of Klopp getting his first choices.

Fair point , just beware the backlash if it doesn't
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,466 posts | 3430 
      Reply #245: Jun 26, 2017 08:17:00 pm
      I'd be looking at a striker or a left full BEFORE either position ;)

Picking just between 2 players for argument - think we could do with strengthening the defense side of things more than growing our attacking midfield options - so VVD unless we planned to play Keita in a holding role, if that's case, would go with Keita.  Naby sounds tho like a really top player.

Not sure if that makes any sense. Just passing the time :)

Sort the defence would be my main priority
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,382 posts | 6404 
      Reply #246: Jun 26, 2017 08:19:05 pm

Probably VVD but just barely. Keita probably has more upside and he's younger I believe.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,205 posts | 1102 
      Reply #247: Jun 26, 2017 09:23:53 pm
      Probably VVD but just barely. Keita probably has more upside and he's younger I believe.

VVD. I have seen a lot of people wanting us to sign both and I would love it if we would. But they arent, they just arent. We aren't City, FSG won't break the bank to get every first choice out there. It's almost certainly one or the other and then hopefully a we get lucky on which second rate player we choose at the other position and they perform to their potential.

Does the club deserve the best options each year? We all think so. But good luck convincing FSG of that though
      chap
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 672 posts | 35 
      Reply #248: Jun 26, 2017 10:27:49 pm
      I think we should cool our interest in Mbappé and just sign both VVD and Keita.................. haaahaaahaaahaahaahaaaha aa
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,703 posts | 3938 
      Reply #249: Jun 26, 2017 11:06:51 pm
      Wow this seems real.

FSG need to trust and back Klopp as there is a genuine opportunity to put Liverpool back among the elite.

Let's just get the deal done!!!
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #250: Jun 27, 2017 12:03:12 am
      Given what City and Chelsea look set to pay for fullbacks, I don't 70m for Keita seems out of whack with this current transfer market.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #251: Jun 27, 2017 08:49:56 am
      May be we pay up for Keita, given FSG dont want to go back in for VVD! Bloody, they should worry about their "reputation" w.r.t the fans first!

As an alternative, I cant think of anyone better than Ruben Neves.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #252: Jun 27, 2017 09:01:25 am
      May be we pay up for Keita, given FSG dont want to go back in for VVD! Bloody, they should worry about their "reputation" w.r.t the fans first!

As an alternative, I cant think of anyone better than Ruben Neves.

He's a completely different type of player to Keita, that's the only issue I'd have with that.

Quick Reply