Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Naby Keita - RB Leipzig

Read 196672 times
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Re: Neiby Keita - RB Leipzig
      Reply #253: Jun 27, 2017 09:17:15 am
      people on here must be experts at championship manager and monopoly.... :lmao:

£70 mill for a player most of the world does not know, for a player people have to youtube to try and get an idea of what they are like, for a player who has has yet to achieve anything of real note, has limited experience at the top level and who is in no way (currently) one of the best midfielders in the world.

These sorts of deals are why football prices are going mad....teams are getting taken for rides. Kante went for £30 and he had just won the league and had a reported far better season than Keita.

for 50 mill plus i would be looking at the top end of quality - Vidal, Moderic, Pjanic, verratti ...i would even consider going for Dembele from spurs.

Keita may be a good punt, but for the money we have loads of other alternatives we could look at.
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #254: Jun 27, 2017 09:40:28 am
      Matters not if Jürgen thinks he's the man to fill that position.

why have a summer transfer board then? to just jiggle Klopps balls?

just because Klopp wants him should it mean that we all have to fall inline and agree?

every player that is at our club was wanted by one of the managers - yet people are free to curse our actual players (Keita is not our player) once the forum bullies give the OK, while some are untouchable

Shall we shut down the player threads for players who the ITK confirm are actual targets? just because Klopp wants them  :lmao:
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #255: Jun 27, 2017 10:07:46 am
      why have a summer transfer board then? to just jiggle Klopps balls?

just because Klopp wants him should it mean that we all have to fall inline and agree?

every player that is at our club was wanted by one of the managers - yet people are free to curse our actual players (Keita is not our player) once the forum bullies give the OK, while some are untouchable

Shall we shut down the player threads for players who the ITK confirm are actual targets? just because Klopp wants them  :lmao:

Instead of acting a dick why don't you tell us what qualities the players you mention possess making them good replacements for Keita, you seem to have all the answers!

red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #256: Jun 27, 2017 10:20:29 am
      people on here must be experts at championship manager and monopoly.... :lmao:

£70 mill for a player most of the world does not know, for a player people have to youtube to try and get an idea of what they are like, for a player who has has yet to achieve anything of real note, has limited experience at the top level and who is in no way (currently) one of the best midfielders in the world.

These sorts of deals are why football prices are going mad....teams are getting taken for rides. Kante went for £30 and he had just won the league and had a reported far better season than Keita.

for 50 mill plus i would be looking at the top end of quality - Vidal, Moderic, Pjanic, verratti ...i would even consider going for Dembele from spurs.

Keita may be a good punt, but for the money we have loads of other alternatives we could look at.

You want to sign a player for big bucks who is famous all over the world but dont care if he is already over 30 (Vidal,Modric) or is playing for a top club(Verratti,Pjanic) from where it would be almost impossible to sign them and even if we do it would take an insane wage offer which along with being a significant financial investment would also would create unrest in the dressing room. So we have to look for players who are affordable in terms of salaries and who we believe are ready to force their way into the very best in an year or two. Keita suits the profile perfectly, he wasn't selected Bundesligas second best player for nothing. He has the potential to be heart of our midfield for the next 10 years. As for taking a punt, tell me one transfer which has 100% hit rate.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #257: Jun 27, 2017 10:24:43 am

Rather shut you down.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #258: Jun 27, 2017 10:30:44 am
      32 games in the Bundesliga sufficient to inflate his price from £10M to £70M?

Was hardly a lifetime ago that we sold Suarez for £75M.

Can't see Liverpool paying anything like that figure - but at the same time I'd imagine Red Bull have some pretty deep pockets so probably don't really need to sell him.

Doubtful this will happen.
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #259: Jun 27, 2017 11:18:43 am
      It appears I may of offended you love, it wasn't my intention, at all.

You carry on speculating as much as you wish, what I was saying is if the lad is what Jürgen wants then you wanting someone else really doesn't matter.

Try not to get your knickers all twisty eh?

you have not offended me in any way
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #260: Jun 27, 2017 11:19:27 am
      You want to sign a player for big bucks who is famous all over the world but dont care if he is already over 30 (Vidal,Modric) or is playing for a top club(Verratti,Pjanic) from where it would be almost impossible to sign them and even if we do it would take an insane wage offer which along with being a significant financial investment would also would create unrest in the dressing room. So we have to look for players who are affordable in terms of salaries and who we believe are ready to force their way into the very best in an year or two. Keita suits the profile perfectly, he wasn't selected Bundesligas second best player for nothing. He has the potential to be heart of our midfield for the next 10 years. As for taking a punt, tell me one transfer which has 100% hit rate.

nice waffle  :lmao:
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #261: Jun 27, 2017 11:20:57 am
      will everyone be upset and cry if we don't pay the reported £70 mill for him?

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #262: Jun 27, 2017 11:25:34 am

Nope I'd just go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for it to blow over.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #263: Jun 27, 2017 11:34:58 am

He is clearly not worth £70M and I wouldn't expect us to pay that.

More like £50M with addons might be more realistic.

If not then move onto our other targets, he is not our only target so nothing to cry about.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,423 posts | 6420 
      Reply #264: Jun 27, 2017 11:35:29 am

I don't know that 70m will do it in all honesty. At this point, it looks like RB has said hands off and actually means it. Although I did just see Gab Marcotti (who the hell is he?) report on ESPN that he's been told that the player has agreed in principle to a deal with Liverpool and that he wants to come here, but the club would obviously have to agree to sell him.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #265: Jun 27, 2017 11:47:37 am
      We won't truly know what he is worth to us until we've got him. If he came to Liverpool, did a Cante and we won the league he's worth every penny. We'd get our money back plus change too when PSG or someone bought him in a couple of years.

If Jürgen wants him and thinks having him can help us compete for/win the title, he's worth a shot at 70 million quid. That's only a NET spend of 23 million quid per window over the last three where we spent f*** all.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #266: Jun 27, 2017 12:18:25 pm

Sorry couldn't kindergarten it for you.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,452 posts | 8660 
      Reply #267: Jun 27, 2017 01:20:00 pm
      I don't know that 70m will do it in all honesty. At this point, it looks like RB has said hands off and actually means it. Although I did just see Gab Marcotti (who the hell is he?) report on ESPN that he's been told that the player has agreed in principle to a deal with Liverpool and that he wants to come here, but the club would obviously have to agree to sell him.

Gabriele Marcotti - Italian journalist who has worked for Radio 5Live and Talksport, plus wrote Paolo  Di Canio's autobiography.

Just another name to file under Guillem Balague and Rafa Honigstein.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #268: Jun 27, 2017 02:56:38 pm
      He does look immense. Like Kanté but better.

"Like Kante but better" well that will do for me, where do I sign ;-)
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,036 posts | 2692 
      Reply #269: Jun 27, 2017 06:45:36 pm
      Gabriele Marcotti - Italian journalist who has worked for Radio 5Live and Talksport, plus wrote Paolo  Di Canio's autobiography.

Just another name to file under Guillem Balague and Rafa Honigstein.

Marcotti is almost surely mistaken on this because if there was any semblance of truth to it, don't you think every tabloid in the world would be banging a drum about it? - and that RBL would be pitching a complete fit over it?

But if there is a choice, I'll take him over VVD.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,938 posts | 285 
      Reply #270: Jun 29, 2017 11:58:51 pm
      A Box-to-Box DM is without a doubt the most specialized role on a football field. Please "almighty one" let this come true!

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #271: Jun 30, 2017 02:06:34 am
      A Box-to-Box DM is without a doubt the most specialized role on a football field.

What about the goalkeeper?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #272: Jun 30, 2017 07:41:55 am
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 83 
      Reply #273: Jun 30, 2017 09:02:28 am
      Joyce is pretty reliable no? I think we will get him, and all the fsg naysayers will still moan even if we pay £70mill.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,334 posts | 4960 
      Reply #274: Jun 30, 2017 09:12:02 am
      Ready to bid?

Just F***ing do it then.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #275: Jun 30, 2017 09:23:58 am
      Ready to bid?

Just F***ing do it then.
      :laugh: :laugh:

Sounds like me to my good lady just the other night Si. She was looking for a hat (for my son's graduation).

"Really want that"... "I'm gonna bid"... "It'll finish my outfit off lovely"... "I'm gonna bid"

"I'm watching football here... just fecking bid already." 😄

Quick Reply